THANK YOU Dwight Howard (DH Signs with Philadelphia)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 135, 136, 137  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dwight >>>>> Zubac and it’s not even close, I hope the fans who complained about the Zubac trade are now happy that he’s gone, so far he looks like a bum in the pre season while Howard has looked very active.

The primary point of keeping Zubac around was for future trade flexibility, which the Clippers' front office recognized.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dwight >>>>> Zubac and it’s not even close, I hope the fans who complained about the Zubac trade are now happy that he’s gone, so far he looks like a bum in the pre season while Howard has looked very active.

How dare you? Zubac is the 2nd coming of Marc Gasol!
I can't believe we missed out on paying him $6M+ a year
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

*KCP smiling with his buck teef and no-trade clause*
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The primary point of keeping Zubac around was for future trade flexibility, which the Clippers' front office recognized.

Do you think Zu deserves the contract he got from the Clippers? Although if Zu ends up putting up nice stats the Clippers can use his contract filler in a big trade to bring them a 3rd star to pair with Kawhi and PG.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Do you think Zu deserves the contract he got from the Clippers? Although if Zu ends up putting up nice stats the Clippers can use his contract filler in a big trade to bring them a 3rd star to pair with Kawhi and PG.

You answered your own question. He "deserves" what will make him effective salary filler without being a total albatross.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

/insert sorrowed cry emoji here

One silver linings playbook... when KCP opts in next year, we can finally trade him and his valuable $8.4M trade chip.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

There was no downside to keeping Zu. He had a nothing cap hold, you could have used his bird rights in S&T if you needed salary filler, and if you wanted to keep him you could have kept his minimal cap hold while you paid free agents and used bird rights to sign him after.

Trading him, and for that matter waiving Thomas Bryant, was inexplicable.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
There was no downside to keeping Zu. He had a nothing cap hold, you could have used his bird rights in S&T if you needed salary filler, and if you wanted to keep him you could have kept his minimal cap hold while you paid free agents and used bird rights to sign him after.

Right? You can be pleased with Howard's preseason performance and recognize that Magic made a dumb move in trading Zu for half a season of Mike Muscala.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

/insert sorrowed cry emoji here

One silver linings playbook... when KCP opts in next year, we can finally trade him and his valuable $8.4M trade chip.

Corks will be popping on LG.com.

But I do think he'll be fine this season in a more limited bench role.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

I get your point. And we know the short-comings of Magic.
But just as a side question, which 2 guys would you play on this current team:

McGee and Dwight
vs
Zubac and Bryant
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

McGee and Dwight
vs
Zubac and Bryant

The clear answer is McGee and Bryant.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

McGee and Dwight
vs
Zubac and Bryant

I'm not sure why I'm not sold on Bryant yet.
Maybe year 3 TB makes me a believer.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

McGee and Dwight
vs
Zubac and Bryant

You can insert any C who can space the floor and isn't a total spazz on defense, but Bryant was a Laker and cost-controlled before being cut so Rondo could make an extra $1.4M last season.

Maybe Cousins gets healthy and learns something from anger management classes. He would be ideal.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

I'm more upset with the Bryant one b/c he was simply released. And he fits a more "modern" C style too. While Muscala wasn't a good trade for Zub, at least one could make an argument that there was a "possibility" that Muscala would add something.

Bryant? Just waived. Dang.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Man... seeing Dwight play without a smile is weird. He is too humble.

From this jaded laker die hard that said no to bring back Dwight. I forgive perceived past transgressions against the purple and gold. I welcome you back formally, Dwight. Bring back the joy in your game.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Man... seeing Dwight play without a smile is weird. He is too humble.

From this jaded laker die hard that said no to bring back Dwight. I forgive perceived past transgressions against the purple and gold. I welcome you back formally, Dwight. Bring back the joy in your game.

He had a moment either last game or the one before where was on the court and was kinda goofing around with the bench early. It seemed to throw off his focus and he had several empty possessions before getting back on track. Moral of the story: don't smile, Dwight. It's not a bad thing to have fun out there but for him it can be problematic because of his immature personality.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

This season will make or break Dwight Howard

https://lakeshowlife.com/2019/10/18/los-angeles-lakers-season-will-make-break-dwight-howard/
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Dwight looks like he is focused, in shape and happy. I think he likes where he is and respects the guys around him. This is a perfect situation for him. I like what I am seeing and I am happy to see him here.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

I liked what I saw from Dwight in the preseason once he shook off the rust. Everyone likes a good redemption story, I'm hoping that Dwight can redeem himself this season and help to salvage his career.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
There was no downside to keeping Zu. He had a nothing cap hold, you could have used his bird rights in S&T if you needed salary filler, and if you wanted to keep him you could have kept his minimal cap hold while you paid free agents and used bird rights to sign him after. Trading him, and for that matter waiving Thomas Bryant, was inexplicable.

McGee and Dwight vs Zubac and Bryant

Those aren’t the only options keeping TB and Zu would have offered. They had value and their cap holds were almost nothing. Both would have been restricted. At the very least a team trying to ensure the deal gets done might offer a 2nd or two. Both McGee and Dwight would have still been options. Basically, LA had their pick and gave it away. Then Magic goes out of his way to trash Zu to save face. It wasn’t the first (or second or third) time he did that to a player. We’re good though, Magic is back to being an entertainer which he’s very talented at and leaving management to people with those skills.

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm more upset with the Bryant one b/c he was simply released. And he fits a more "modern" C style too. While Muscala wasn't a good trade for Zub, at least one could make an argument that there was a "possibility" that Muscala would add something.

Bryant? Just waived. Dang.

Yeah, and Bryant was a success almost immediately in Washington. At the same time we’re calling in favors to get Tyson released.

You can’t hit on all of the margins. But man, we were batting way below the Mendoza line.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject:

In addition to waiving Thomas Bryant, we could've drafted Mitchell Robinson last year instead of Mo Wagner.

I saw Robinson in the Knicks game last night. He's aggressive and has a nice motor.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
In addition to waiving Thomas Bryant, we could've drafted Mitchell Robinson last year instead of Mo Wagner.

I saw Robinson in the Knicks game last night. He's aggressive and has a nice motor.

Despite Wagner being a fellow Wolverine, Pelinka was q.u.i.c.k. to make sure everyone knew he was a Magic override . As soon as Pelinka had the controls, he traded Wagner for cap space.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:33 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Despite Wagner being a fellow Wolverine, Pelinka was q.u.i.c.k. to make sure everyone knew he was a Magic override . As soon as Pelinka had the controls, he traded Wagner for cap space.

I personally like to think/hope all the bad decisions during the Magic era were Magic's fault and not Pelinka's. I would like to think that Rob has the power now, but in reality Rambis is behind him second guessing him and Phil is behind Rambis.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:16 am    Post subject:

Didn't see enough of Bryant to care one way or the other that we was waived.

The only guy I wished we hadn't given up on in the Davis deal was Hart, I think maybe if he hadn't been out all year injured, and we could have seen more progress, we would have kept him.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:18 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
I liked what I saw from Dwight in the preseason once he shook off the rust. Everyone likes a good redemption story, I'm hoping that Dwight can redeem himself this season and help to salvage his career.

The main thing is that he is still good enough to play against many starting lineups and 2nd units, at this level. And we got a guy like that for the vet min. The value is there. If he steps out of line attitude wise, he is gone. Talent and ability wise, unlike say a Melo, Dwight is showing he can do the little things that impact the game without scoring. That is what we needed.

And there is a small chance that by playoffs, Boogie may be ready. My god imagine having to deal with Dwight, Boogie and McGee in 1 game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Page 64 of 137
Jump to: