Dwight Howard Re-Signs With Lakers on Minimum Deal (non-guaranteed)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104, 105  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 10671
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:
But his future now has far more possibilities than it did a year ago. Howard signed a one-year deal with the Lakers that became guaranteed on January 10. He will be a free agent in July and the Lakers have no special advantages in re-signing him.

“I am very happy here,” Howard said of L.A. “I like being here, I am having fun being here. I don’t know what is going to happen in the future but I know I can’t think about that or focus on it. I am just focused on being here.”

Howard has earned a chance to stick with the Lakers, but the question would become, how much are the Lakers willing to pay out for him? Howard surely won’t be available for the veterans’ minimum next summer.

According to one NBA front-office executive, Howard has played well enough this season to early, “a good part,” of a team’s mid-level exception. The exception is expected to be worth $9.7 million and if Howard can command a deal at about $7 million, he would either chew up most of their limited cap space or take the bulk of the Lakers’ mid-level exception.


https://heavy.com/sports/2020/01/nba-rumors-whats-next-for-dwight-howard-and-the-lakers/


Javale's only making a little over 4 mil. Dwight will get his money on another team next season imo. Hope it's not the Clips.
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 7715

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:
But his future now has far more possibilities than it did a year ago. Howard signed a one-year deal with the Lakers that became guaranteed on January 10. He will be a free agent in July and the Lakers have no special advantages in re-signing him.

“I am very happy here,” Howard said of L.A. “I like being here, I am having fun being here. I don’t know what is going to happen in the future but I know I can’t think about that or focus on it. I am just focused on being here.”

Howard has earned a chance to stick with the Lakers, but the question would become, how much are the Lakers willing to pay out for him? Howard surely won’t be available for the veterans’ minimum next summer.

According to one NBA front-office executive, Howard has played well enough this season to early, “a good part,” of a team’s mid-level exception. The exception is expected to be worth $9.7 million and if Howard can command a deal at about $7 million, he would either chew up most of their limited cap space or take the bulk of the Lakers’ mid-level exception.


https://heavy.com/sports/2020/01/nba-rumors-whats-next-for-dwight-howard-and-the-lakers/


Javale's only making a little over 4 mil. Dwight will get his money on another team next season imo. Hope it's not the Clips.


Clips need to worry about re-signing Harrell first. They lose him, and Dwight ain't gonna remotely offset that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Aug 2017
Posts: 622

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Damn didn't Dwight just seek the Mamba out about advice re: the dunk contest...wonder if he will still participate in Kobe's honor or is too messed up like the rest of us are.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 03 Nov 2010
Posts: 506

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Damn didn't Dwight just seek the Mamba out about advice re: the dunk contest...wonder if he will still participate in Kobe's honor or is too messed up like the rest of us are.


True...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oaktown_dimond
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 453

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject:

I give props for Dwight coming back on a non guaranteed minimum partially to "right his wrong" in 2013.

With the news of Kobe's passing. Grab that cape D12... Superman flies one last time!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 11375

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
I give props for Dwight coming back on a non guaranteed minimum partially to "right his wrong" in 2013.

With the news of Kobe's passing. Grab that cape D12... Superman flies one last time!


With the passing of Kobe and life’s unexplainable events, it made me think Dwight becoming a Laker again happened for a reason.

Still processing but now I think of Dwight and how he was going to ask Kobe if he would participate in the dunk contest.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tyrion Lannister
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2014
Posts: 4535
Location: Westeros

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject:

I am glad that him and Dwight were able to let that mess go.
_________________
Big Purse Lady
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Dec 2008
Posts: 7150

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Thank goodness Kobe and Dwight made peace at that one game a while back.
_________________
"Keep looking at me like that and I'll turn Suplex City into Mizney World."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Jul 2010
Posts: 591

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Damn didn't Dwight just seek the Mamba out about advice re: the dunk contest...wonder if he will still participate in Kobe's honor or is too messed up like the rest of us are.


True...

Dwight should come out dressed like Superman, rip off his shirt an reveal his #8 jersey. He should do the same dunk that won Kobe the ‘97 title.
Then he should rip off that jersey, and reveal his #24 and have Shaq throw him the Portland Alleyoop in reverse.
Then for his last dunk, he takes off his jersey and he’s wearing Gigi’s Crossroads jersey. Please Dwight, this would be beautiful!
_________________
If you do not believe in yourself, no one will do it for you” Kobe Bean Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 03 Jun 2005
Posts: 682
Location: PDX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject:

lakeshowtacular wrote:
x75274 wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Damn didn't Dwight just seek the Mamba out about advice re: the dunk contest...wonder if he will still participate in Kobe's honor or is too messed up like the rest of us are.


True...

Dwight should come out dressed like Superman, rip off his shirt an reveal his #8 jersey. He should do the same dunk that won Kobe the ‘97 title.
Then he should rip off that jersey, and reveal his #24 and have Shaq throw him the Portland Alleyoop in reverse.
Then for his last dunk, he takes off his jersey and he’s wearing Gigi’s Crossroads jersey. Please Dwight, this would be beautiful!


this would be amazing. The all-star game is going to be so full of emotion.
_________________
"Friends can come and go, but banners hang forever" -KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 9083

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Damn didn't Dwight just seek the Mamba out about advice re: the dunk contest...wonder if he will still participate in Kobe's honor or is too messed up like the rest of us are.


Tough for Dwight. His first season here was when Dr. Buss passed away. Now, Kobe passes. Man, that's tough.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2018
Posts: 1508

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Dave McMenamin
@mcten
Dwight Howard says prior to the accident he got word that Kobe Bryant was indeed going to come to Chicago to join him in the dunk contest to help him on a dunk. Dwight says it’s “heartbreaking” that he never got the chance to tell him how much he appreciated him.

(bleep) man
_________________
Do it for Kobe Bean
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 8422
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Dave McMenamin
@mcten
Dwight Howard says prior to the accident he got word that Kobe Bryant was indeed going to come to Chicago to join him in the dunk contest to help him on a dunk. Dwight says it’s “heartbreaking” that he never got the chance to tell him how much he appreciated him.

(bleep) man


Jordan should step up to assist

We are so stupid fortunate to have Dwight as a Laker for the tiny salary we pay him
The jealousy factor from other teams must be nice.
_________________
КОБЭ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 8938
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Kobe was coming out to help Dwight. WTF… Hurts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2593

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:21 am    Post subject:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28638601/dwight-howard-says-former-teammate-kobe-bryant-death-very-emotional-me

I’m crying again! This hurt 😢
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 5758
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject:

I am forever a Howard fan. I know he is going to be huge come playoff time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Apr 2004
Posts: 279
Location: Arlington, VA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject:

Never in a million years thought I would've liked Howard this much after all that happened in the past LOL...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2007
Posts: 1880

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Dwight only played 4 mins against this small ball lienup
_________________
The butter is getting hard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 39128

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Clark Kent wrote:
Dwight only played 4 mins against this small ball lienup


He should have played a little more, Westbrook killed us at the rim all night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2014
Posts: 1733

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Clark Kent wrote:
Dwight only played 4 mins against this small ball lienup


Yup. Shouldve been force feeding him in the post. There's no way they were pushing Dwight off the block like they were pushing AD/Bron
_________________
He's my GOAT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
E_Wulf420
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Jan 2014
Posts: 636
Location: Oregon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Do you guys think he should start against the 'better' teams? Bucks, Raptors, Clippers, Nuggets, ETC.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 8566
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Shooting 74% on the season, on pace to beat Wilt's record of 72.7%. Not a lot of volume (3.2/4.3, FGM/FGA), but still impressive. (FWIW, that was a low volume Wilt as well [5.2/7.1].)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 4063

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
Do you guys think he should start against the 'better' teams? Bucks, Raptors, Clippers, Nuggets, ETC.


He definitely should play more than McGee (which he usually does) and should play as much as Kuz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 39128

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I am forever a Howard fan. I know he is going to be huge come playoff time.


That's some serious truth right there!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 1730
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:
Do you guys think he should start against the 'better' teams? Bucks, Raptors, Clippers, Nuggets, ETC.


He definitely should play more than McGee (which he usually does) and should play as much as Kuz.


There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever he is the better player then McGee now that he is healthy and regaining his form (as much as he can at his age and post surgeries at least). He should def. be getting more then McGee, some nights lately his defense has been rivaling AD's (as a rim protector at least) which I would have never came close to expecting at the beginning of the year.

I like McGee as well but at this point in the season Howard has distanced himself imo. He's been having those "Caruso" moments lately too where he completely changes momentum with his defense at times or some of his bigger alley oops. On top of that he is always cheering every single player on when they show the bench. Unless he gets some ridiculous offer i'm sure the Lakers will be trying hard to bring him back next season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 103 of 105
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB