Will Howard to Lakers end up working out?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Howard help us or will he be a disaster signing?
Yes he will help us become a force
68%
 68%  [ 56 ]
No the signing will be a disaster
31%
 31%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 82

Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

lak_repeat wrote:
Lets poll NBA GM's are they more afraid of the Lakers now considering the possibility Dwight may get 12 points 8 rebounds and 2 blks a games in 20 mins?

In all fairness, might as well poll their opinions of the other side of that scale too.

Do they think the likelihood of immaturity and unprofessional drama he creates on and off the court will cost the Lakers team chemistry and games even if he meets those stats?

I know, "he's humbled and it will be different this time".
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject:

my expectation is so low that any positive production is a win, offensively or defensively. I'm hopping for for the best.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject:

I'm reasonably sure LeBron will interact with Dwight differently than Kobe did...
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

StoicChalice392 wrote:
my expectation is so low that any positive production is a win, offensively or defensively. I'm hopping for for the best.

Despite my continued pessimism on this signing I am hoping it works out too. Howard being able to have a positive impact on the floor and not be a distraction would be huge for the Lakers.

I just don't think it is possible. At some point he will be a negative distraction on or off the court. I am not even expecting a big blowup or incident. It will be death by inches.

IMO too many are focused on stats and analytics. Not the building of a team culture and chemistry. Discussing interchangeable parts like a video game or fantasy roster instead of thinking of the dynamics involved in building a contending team from the FO to the coaches to the players.

I will be hoping all season this plan works and results in a championship. Just think the decisions and shortcuts taken will blowup in their faces by seasons end.

Hope they (including Howard) prove me wrong.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I'm reasonably sure LeBron will interact with Dwight differently than Kobe did...

*LebronJamesJRSmith.gif*
sugi942
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

50/50. The likelihood of an Alderaan situation looms large, though.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject:

75% said yes.

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned much is this signing makes us look stupid. People used to chant that this guy sucks. Now we’re saying an older version of him is going to help the team!?
clockwork247
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
75% said yes.

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned much is this signing makes us look stupid. People used to chant that this guy sucks. Now we’re saying an older version of him is going to help the team!?

He is still pretty good, his number and metric is saying he can play well on both ends of the court.
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Even if Lakers go on to win the Championship, about 5% of me would be disgusted that DOA12 got a ring.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
None of the above. Howard will contribute a little but not change the outlook for the year.

I don't know why all of you are in aggreeance with what was said. That's not true. He will definitely change the outlook of the year, along side AD. They are gonna be the real twin towers (not cousins and AD). They are gonna be a monster defensively, and rebounding, giving us an edge; and let's not act like he isn't still athletic, strong, and can't score. Him and AD are gonna be a handful down low, opening everything else up and AD can officially play pf fully and spread the floor.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

clockwork247 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
75% said yes.

He is still pretty good, his number and metric is saying he can play well on both ends of the court.

So what you’re saying is all the people that chanted he sucks were not only wrong, but they were horribly wrong.

Edit: Not trying to pick on you btw. Honestly I always thought the chant was dumb. Booing him was fine if course.

Last edited by Steve007 on Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

vogel made hibbert an all star.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
K2 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
None of the above. Howard will contribute a little but not change the outlook for the year.

I don't know why all of you are in aggreeance with what was said. That's not true. He will definitely change the outlook of the year, along side AD. They are gonna be the real twin towers (not cousins and AD). They are gonna be a monster defensively, and rebounding, giving us an edge; and let's not act like he isn't still athletic, strong, and can't score. Him and AD are gonna be a handful down low, opening everything else up and AD can officially play pf fully and spread the floor.

Dwight turned Pau into a spot up shooter and got him benched. Dwight will just clog the lane for Lebron/AD. We needed a passing center more than this doofus. This will not end well.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
K2 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:

Dwight turned Pau into a spot up shooter and got him benched. Dwight will just clog the lane for Lebron/AD. We needed a passing center more than this doofus. This will not end well.

Load management. I doubt he plays at all in the playoffs.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Eternal optimistic mofo that I am... I have to vote that it will work out....

HAHAHAHAHAHHHAH! What in the effing world is this?? Just why?? Why Dwight??
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Edit: NVM, not worth it.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Edit: NVM, not worth it.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

maybe there is a bigger play for him. not saying he is part of the lgbtq community but lets say he is. LA is one of the better places to embrace that and IF he does come out of closet he will instantly become a sympathetic character

Last edited by Halflife on Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
maybe there is a bigger play for him. not saying he is part of the lbgtq community but lets say he is. LA is one of the better places to embrace that and IF he does come out of closet he will instantly become a sympathetic character

Por favor?

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
Even if Lakers go on to win the Championship, about 5% of me would be disgusted that DOA12 got a ring.

You know, I can live with you being 95% HAPPY!
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Better he's here than with the Clippers.
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject:

I liked him better than Cousins (before the torn ACL) in terms of being a fit on the court. I got nothing else nice to say about him other than that.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject:

I'll tell you at the parade
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

*LebronJamesJRSmith.gif*

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:07 am    Post subject:

For some reason, despite all the crying and whining about it, I think so. I understand the reasons to be cautious about this move, but talent wise he was by far the best big man free agent. He is probably still way more talented than McGee, who was going to be our only big man at the 5 after the Cousins move. This was not about choosing Dwight over a great big man. It was making a move once Cousins was down. McGee has some ability, but McGee can not hold position and defend elite 5s. He can't really be a physical force, something that I think this team was looking for next to AD. They had Cousins pegged in for that role. So it came down to Noah vs Dwight. Through the work outs, probably Dwight looked so much better, that they had to go with him. Risks and all.

Dwight clearly has been told, you make trouble, you shift the focus from winning a title, you're gone. I think he knows this. This isn't 2012 where he thinks the franchise owes him the face of the franchise status as well as other things. He's coming in to be a role player to facilitate AD and Lebron. He isn't even a lock to start, he will have to earn it. I think this was a worthwhile move once Cousins went down. If we had Cousins, I would not have gone for this, and did not want to (when it was debated a few weeks ago). Different situation after the Cousins injury. We were facing going into the season with McGee and a D league level big. Anthony Davis is not re-signing with the Lakers if we make him play 5 regularly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: