Are you happy about the Dwight Howard signing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy about the Dwight Howard signing?
Yes
49%
 49%  [ 53 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 54 ]
Total Votes : 107

€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Happy? Nah, not really. Loyalty is kinda a big deal to me; even more so with free agents turning us down this decade. But we’re here, and it doesn’t matter anymore what I would have preferred; not even to myself.

That being said; we are once again a collection of mercenaries. We got the old assassin Bron getting a new Expendables team together. Most are savvy vets; but we have youth, Lakernation. The youth is not the core this time however, so we get the best transition vets to make us a contender future forward all the while having a hell of a shot at making some noise come playoffs.

Swallowing my hurt feels... Dwight’s back has been inspected. His contract is not guaranteed past January. Which means we pay for half a year for a guy highly motivated for his last chance at a ring. And we are getting him with basically a year off last season - basically a clean bill of health and no lingering lower body injuries.... although back spasms are definitely something to have our med staff monitor at the tail end of the season (assuming his acclimation to the Lakers is smooth).

So yeah... I wanted Anthony Bennett, got Boogie, Boogie down, ended up with old man D12, Kostas, and Cacok; all in addition to my personal favorite current center, Mr Low Key himself, Javale “Big Wookie” McGee. He is the most underrated Center in the League, Lakernation. Let’s not take him for granted like we did with Screech.

Anyway. I would welcome you back, Mr Howard, but you’re not back until you earn your colors - the colors you threw in the trash when you chose to bounce to Houston. Rebound, hustle, and intimidate on the defensive end. IDGAF about your humility - just don’t expect fanfare without the results. You are owed nothing as a deserter.

TL;DR if D12 screws up jettison his ass at little expense to our bottom line.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Are you happy about the Dwight Howard signing?

CandyCanes wrote:
Discuss.

People have been discussing the pros and cons of signing Howard for weeks. Not anything to say that hasn't been said a million times.

At this point, it's just about seeing how he actually does.
D-Dogg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

I just don't know how he will be able to play without a heart.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

D-Dogg wrote:
I just don't know how he will be able to play without a heart.

Maybe The Wizard of D.C. gave him one on his way out the door
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

Dwight and lebron on the same team is like Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor in the same movie. This is going to be hilarious! Two guys with the exact same personality
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Can't get too upset about a 10th or 11th person on the roster depth chart on a non-guaranteed contract. I'm focused on who's guarding point guards, keeping ADLBJ healthy, and Kuzma's continued development.
2022 - New Orleans
2023 - Own or New Orleans' Pick
2024 - Own (Likely)
2025 - New Orleans
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Dwight and lebron on the same team is like Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor in the same movie. This is going to be hilarious! Two guys with the exact same personality

I don't see Dwight and Lebron as similar personalities myself. I see Dwight as being more similar to Shaq.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject:

We shall see, I will say a cautious yes.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject:

We shall see, I will say a cautious yes.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:

I don't see Dwight and Lebron as similar personalities myself. I see Dwight as being more similar to Shaq.

don't tell shaq that

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:35 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:

The only difference between lebron and Dwight is Dwight is very open about who he is as a person, and lebron is all phony and lies. You have to peel that fake facade back on lebron and you'll see he's exactly like Dwight. Shaq is a goofball no doubt, but he knows how to man up if need be.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:

The only difference between lebron and Dwight is Dwight is very open about who he is as a person, and lebron is all phony and lies. You have to peel that fake facade back on lebron and you'll see he's exactly like Dwight. Shaq is a goofball no doubt, but he knows how to man up if need be.

Dwight wears the crown of phony. Clown even came in the league pretending to be a theocrat, before going and having 18 babies from 18 women.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:

Stress, not Chronic, my friend.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I super happy we got Dwight !

Note; I don't have a choice

deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm super happy we got Dwight !

Note; I don't have a choice

LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:15 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:

Dwight wears the crown of phony. Clown even came in the league pretending to be a theocrat, before going and having 18 babies from 18 women.

Agreed, Ziggy. Lol at Dwight being very open about who he is. The ol' Bible thumper might be a literal closet case.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject:

Not saying to forget his transgressions that really cut deep last time around.

I'd rather have Boogie play but this is the card the team was dealt with.

I think Rob played this quite well to try and get DH on side and motivated with his 'last chance' in the NBA.

On the plus side, Dwight's contract is structured enough to easily get rid of him if he starts acting up.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject:

I still think Noah was the better choice. Even if he's in better shape, and says all the right things I don't trust him. He's soft and doesn't motivate anyone. He has this smile on his face like he's beyond everyone, and if he's not involved it's the team's fault. The rest of the league will taunt him, guys like Beverly will make fun of him, Embiid will punish him to death and in the end you will see that clown face smile in the midst of a loss. We need a dude with a growl, and a tenacious spirit not some smiling clown who doesn't care. He never belongs because he is for himself, and dudes like this rarely change. Carmelo is in that same category in which they play only for themselves and whatever happens on the score board is not their problem.
If the Lakers decide to kick his butt out after a few weeks, most likely Noah won't be around and they will have to deal with a situation with Davis having to play some center. No matter how you look at it this comes back to the FO, and AD will not be happy with the way things were handled.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

I see the signing as a negative overall. Yes, he can play center in a fill-in role. The Lakers needed to fill in the roster with a lot of that, and to some extent they have obtained someone who might do that.

But he's a knucklehead and worse, has been essentially an impediment - rather than a positive force - towards fulfilling the playoff dreams of every team who employed him in the past seven or more years. So to me, the signing is another signal (in August no less !) that the Laker team is just not getting nearer to contending in the playoffs for anything longer than a cup of coffee. That's disappointing, especially since they have traded away their future draft picks and young players in a mortgage swap of the club's future. The results of ther roster as it stands (the product of an all-in-now strategy for AD and LJ) won't take us far in future seasons either. That's disappointing too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

For those who play an instrument, it's like asking someone who's played lead guitarist (and had all the gnarly solos) to be content with playing rhythm section (with no more solos).

Musically, that person should be more than competent to play rhythm section but he still fancies himself as a lead guitarist. That's the ultimate question here.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
I still think Noah was the better choice. Even if he's in better shape, and says all the right things I don't trust him. He's soft and doesn't motivate anyone. He has this smile on his face like he's beyond everyone, and if he's not involved it's the team's fault. The rest of the league will taunt him, guys like Beverly will make fun of him, Embiid will punish him to death and in the end you will see that clown face smile in the midst of a loss. We need a dude with a growl, and a tenacious spirit not some smiling clown who doesn't care. He never belongs because he is for himself, and dudes like this rarely change. Carmelo is in that same category in which they play only for themselves and whatever happens on the score board is not their problem.
If the Lakers decide to kick his butt out after a few weeks, most likely Noah won't be around and they will have to deal with a situation with Davis having to play some center. No matter how you look at it this comes back to the FO, and AD will not be happy with the way things were handled.

There's no doubt Klutch was consulted on this choice, as they were on Cousins. I honestly don't see how they could blame the Lakers for any of this.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:

Well, you're one of a small group of people here who find fault with everything Lebron does. It's become meaningless white noise to me.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:53 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:

If we win a championship are you going to be folding your arms like Byron all night and day?

If you think Dwight and LBJ are similar personalities, you're a lost cause.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kwase wrote:

If we win a championship are you going to be folding your arms like Byron all night and day?

If you think Dwight and LBJ are similar personalities, you're a lost cause.

The guy thinks Dwight is "very open about who he is as a person." Probably needs a 5150 called in on him.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:

There's no doubt Klutch was consulted on this choice, as they were on Cousins. I honestly don't see how they could blame the Lakers for any of this.

Define who you're talking about when you say "Klutch." LeBron and AD? If so, it's already open knowledge that they were involved, as were several other players who aren't even Klutch clients (Rondo, McGee).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: