🏈OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL LIV THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Ian Rapoport of NFL Network tweeted Monday morning that "Brees has a torn ligament in his throwing thumb and he's going to require surgery, sources say. The timeframe depends on the surgery, but he's likely out 6 weeks. That's the initial estimate."

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Quote:
Ian Rapoport of NFL Network tweeted Monday morning that "Brees has a torn ligament in his throwing thumb and he's going to require surgery, sources say. The timeframe depends on the surgery, but he's likely out 6 weeks. That's the initial estimate."

NO has a relatively easy stretch of games towards the end of the season, but they'll be in a deep hole by then.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

As I mentioned before, I think that Hill brings an element to QB that Bridgewater can’t. Good luck game planning for him.

Cam Jordan is my favorite player, I love him referring to the refs as “Foot Locker”.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject:

Ben Roethlisberger is gone for the season.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
The end to that Bears/Broncos game was one of the craziest I have ever seen!

Someone wanted Chicago to win. I'll say no more.

Those roughing the passer calls were piss poor.

I don't like the new rule change they put in last season but it says you can't land on the QB with your full body weight. Even if that wasn't Chubb's intent, that's clearly what happened. This is the first time I can recall it being called at such a critical point of the game but it has been called before.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Ben Roethlisberger is gone for the season.

Karma must have taken the day off yesterday. The Saints get screwed again by the refs and lose Brees. The Steelers have to watch AB have a successful debut and lose Ben.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I don't like the new rule change they put in last season but it says you can't land on the QB with your full body weight. Even if that wasn't Chubb's intent, that's clearly what happened. This is the first time I can recall it being called at such a critical point of the game but it has been called before.

I was listening to the Bears radio broadcast and even they thought it was a bad call
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

Some of the rule changes to protect players is ruining the game. Concussion protection I'm on board with. Other are mucking up the game. Especially those that say don't breath on the QB. It's a violent sport. Rules committee be careful. So far, from my perch, you've gone overboard.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I was listening to the Bears radio broadcast and even they thought it was a bad call

Don't blame the refs. Blame the league for amending the rule. I've even heard QBs say the rule change goes too far.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Some of the rule changes to protect players is ruining the game. Concussion protection I'm on board with. Other are mucking up the game. Especially those that say don't breath on the QB. It's a violent sport. Rules committee be careful. So far, from my perch, you've gone overboard.

And they aren’t actually protecting QBs.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I agree, but I think it is worse in college. I saw 5 targeting calls in college this weekend. Two were clearly targeting/cheap shots, One was overturned, and two others were upheld when there was clearly no intention or much of a reasonable option to be avoided. The rules are written as if the offensive player is a constant without movement when it is often the intentional or unintentional movement by the offensive player that causes the targeting helmet to helmet type contact. I think we need to allow refs to decipher intent when possible.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

The threats of future lawsuits forced their hand.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The threats of future lawsuits forced their hand.

somewhat related, but I have heard a claim in recent years that the padding and helmets made the game less safe because players became fearless....and back when they did not even wear helmets or just leather helmets there were less injuries. I never thought much of it....I guess there is some logic in there. If you have watched that special on ESPN lately about the history of college football, that claim is clearly false. There were years in the early days when there would be around 20 deaths a year on the field from head injuries. The deaths and injuries is what led to a collegiate rules committee being formed which eventually became the NCAA.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

A lot of people don't understand the extent to which this problem was on the verge of spiraling out of control. The mass of players was rising rapidly, as was the speed of those players. It's just a matter of physics. Players were going to start dying.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
A lot of people don't understand the extent to which this problem was on the verge of spiraling out of control. The mass of players was rising rapidly, as was the speed of those players. It's just a matter of physics. Players were going to start dying.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

NFL took that lawsuit from the former players as a lesson. Thats why they are more proactive on safety nowadays. There is no guarantee that a verdict in the future would be ruled in their favor. On the plus side, the new rules benefits QB's so that they can play into their 40's as long as their health permits.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
NFL took that lawsuit from the former players as a lesson. Thats why they are more proactive on safety nowadays. There is no guarantee that a verdict in the future would be ruled in their favor. On the plus side, the new rules benefits QB's so that they can play into their 40's as long as their health permits.

there have been some other benefits to the game....receivers are more likely to run routes across the middle of the field and it has clearly made the TE more of a receiving threat. There was a time in the 90's where most star receivers simply would not run patterns across the middle of the field knowing there were headhunters waiting to end them.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey reportedly asked for a trade following Sunday's 13-12 loss to the Houston Texans, which featured an altercation between the Florida State product and head coach Doug Marrone.

Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen of ESPN reported the news, noting Jacksonville does not have a plan in place to trade Ramsey but has talked to interested teams.

Schefter further reported the Jaguars are looking for at least a first-round pick in exchange for Ramsey and cited a league source who thinks a trade could happen as soon as this week. The source suggested it is best for both sides to move on following a confrontation like the one between Marrone and Ramsey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3zvNmDhLVg
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject:

https://www.wthr.com/article/impd-makes-arrest-shooting-colts-assistants-home

Quote:
IMPD makes arrest in shooting of Colts assistant's home

IMPD officers were dispatched to the 8500 block of Cressmoor Court on May 12 for reports of multiple shots fired into a home.

Shortly after, Eyewitness News learned that more than 80 shots were fired at the home belonging to Parks Frazier, an assistant to the Indianapolis Colts head coach.

Frazier was not home at the time of the shooting and no one was injured in the incident, but neighbors' homes were also hit in the gunfire.

Detectives seized a firearm believed to be involved in the shooting May 17. Police also recovered a cellphone they believed one of the suspects dropped in the street.

IMPD said the Indianapolis CGIC located the suspect, identified as Damarcus Turner, on Aug. 10 and arrested him for his role in the shooting.

Authorities say through the course of the investigation, detectives learned the shooting was a result of a feud with known suspects.

"The residence and victim in the shooting had no ties to the feud and detectives believe the residence was mistakenly targeted," officials said.

Indianapolis CGIC is continuing to investigate this case.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Quote:
Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey reportedly asked for a trade following Sunday's 13-12 loss to the Houston Texans, which featured an altercation between the Florida State product and head coach Doug Marrone.

Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen of ESPN reported the news, noting Jacksonville does not have a plan in place to trade Ramsey but has talked to interested teams.

Schefter further reported the Jaguars are looking for at least a first-round pick in exchange for Ramsey and cited a league source who thinks a trade could happen as soon as this week. The source suggested it is best for both sides to move on following a confrontation like the one between Marrone and Ramsey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3zvNmDhLVg

Possible destinations:

Kansas City
Seattle
Philadelphia
Oakland
Tennessee
Baltimore
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Guess Vinateri thought it over and did not make a retirement announcement.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject:

I think he'll retire at the end of the season.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I think he'll retire at the end of the season.

If he misses any more extra points, he may lose the right to make the decision himself.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, speaking of Ramsey, here's a report on Minkah Fitzpatrick. Some of the teams I speculated about for Ramsey are mentioned here, though they aren't exactly the same type of DB.

Jason La Canfora

@JasonLaCanfora

Minkah Fitzpatrick trade likely to be wrapped up by tomorrow. The Dolphins expected to get 1st round value for him. Hearing WSH, DAL, KC, PIT, PHI and SEA all in the mix. Offers are being made
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Chris Smith will be playing with a heavy heart tonight. 🙏🏿

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 8 of 76
Jump to: