View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:26 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Seahawks might be the only team standing between the 49ers and an appearance in the Super Bowl this year.

Saints are in the conversation.

I still think that Dallas could be tough on anyone. They are just unlikely to sweep through the playoffs and win 4 games in a row, not with Jason Garrett at the helm. But they have a lot of talent, their offense was the best in the NFC on a per-play basis before yesterday's game, and their defense can be stingy too. They are the type of team that could win a shootout or a slugfest, and that makes them dangerous in any given week.

That all could be true. And I would predict that in their first playoff game, they will get off to a slow start and fall behind big. Then, they will mount a 2nd half comeback but still fall short in the end.

Then I get to watch Steven A Smith the next day on First Take.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Seahawks might be the only team standing between the 49ers and an appearance in the Super Bowl this year.

Saints are in the conversation.

I still think that Dallas could be tough on anyone. They are just unlikely to sweep through the playoffs and win 4 games in a row, not with Jason Garrett at the helm. But they have a lot of talent, their offense was the best in the NFC on a per-play basis before yesterday's game, and their defense can be stingy too. They are the type of team that could win a shootout or a slugfest, and that makes them dangerous in any given week.

it has to be Garrett, right? Honestly, I do not even watch much of the Cowboys...they tend to bore me. That said, I am told they have the best offensive line in the NFL which seems reasonable....an elite RB which again seems reasonable....a legit #1 WR with solid secondary receivers and I buy it....and a franchise QB which I could be convinced..........yet they are not very good on offense half the time?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Ravens absolutely embarrassing the Rams tonight
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

The Rams offense is broken. A year ago it looked unstoppable. Just shows you how quickly things can change.

Oh, and Lamar has now clearly taken control of the MVP race. It's his to lose for sure.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Rams front office got a lot of work to do in the offseason.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Rams front office got a lot of work to do in the offseason.

They are in a mess. They have too much money invested in "superstars" which doesn't win in the NFL, you need a team, Jalen Ramsey/Aaron Donald and they don't stop Baltimore once.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Aaron Donald is basically the one big money contract paying off for us....Goff has been a bust this year and Gurley looks like he's hurt or being load managed.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

49ers vs Ravens on Sunday could be a preview of the Super Bowl.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:

The Rams offense is broken. A year ago it looked unstoppable. Just shows you how quickly things can change.

Oh, and Lamar has now clearly taken control of the MVP race. It's his to lose for sure.

Jackson reminds me of Michael Vick, Robert Griffin III. I don't think he'll finish the season in one piece unless he runs less. He's shown he's a good pocket passer. He's to reckless a runner. If he doesn't learn to or attempt to slide he'll be injured.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Looks like the Bills aren't flying under the radar anymore.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Seat is starting to get mighty toasty for Jason Garrett.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject:

The Taysom Hill show

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

did you see late in the game when Gore clearly got the 1st Down and they marked him short.....then they reviewed it and I thought it was clear he got the 1st down....and they claimed initial spot would stand!?!?! It did not matter because Gore got the 1st Down on the next play (4th and inches).....but that is not the point.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

did you see late in the game when Gore clearly got the 1st Down and they marked him short.....then they reviewed it and I thought it was clear he got the 1st down....and they claimed initial spot would stand!?!?! It did not matter because Gore got the 1st Down on the next play (4th and inches).....but that is not the point.

I watched the entire game, the point is the Cowboys are woefully underachieving with the talent on that roster.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I watched the entire game, the point is the Cowboys are woefully underachieving with the talent on that roster.

yeah, I get that....but I was pointing out a specific referee error even after replay.

It is funny that as of today, the Cowboys would make the playoffs at 6-6.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Wow, Falcons with 2 consecutive onside kick recoveries....
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Stunning how poorly Matt Ryan is playing. And yes, I know you look at the box score and see that he threw for 300 yards and 2 scores. He has lost virtually all semblance of pocket awareness. Yes, I realize he's under pressure, but you can't take the sacks he's taking. You're allowed to throw the ball away. It was ridiculous. And that says nothing of his turnovers or popgun arm strength. He genuinely looks like Eli Manning or Flacco out there.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

After the 26-15 loss to the Bills I'm on a Jason Garrett watch. I wonder if he'll be on the sidelines Thursday?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
After the 26-15 loss to the Bills I'm on a Jason Garrett watch. I wonder if he'll be on the sidelines Thursday?

Yes
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, it looks like ole Jerruh isn't going to can Garrett until the season is over.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Yeah, it looks like ole Jerruh isn't going to can Garrett until the season is over.

Most likely. I'm of a mind do it now. We're only half way through, might make the playoffs and then it't a crap shoot. I don't think they would be able to best the 49ers or the Ravens.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

His contract expires at the end of the season I believe....so they wouldn't need to fire him.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Cardinals' Josh Shaw suspended through at least 2020 season for betting on NFL games

this is the same guy a few years ago at USC that claimed he hurt his ankle jumping off a balcony trying to save his nephew....but later admitted it was to avoid police after an argument with his girlfriend.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

His contract expires at the end of the season I believe....so they wouldn't need to fire him.

I agree, but it seems like the more people call for it, the more stubborn Jones is about keeping him.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:00 am    Post subject:

Total speculation on my part, but I wonder if Jones has already decided that he knows he has to fire Garrett, but is waiting until after the season to avoid a certain scenario, and I'll explain what I mean. If he fired him now in an effort to do whatever they could for the rest of this season, perhaps Kris Richard would be the interim guy. Say they win the division and the players are happy with Richard and want him to stay on as the head guy after the season. Well, maybe Jones doesn't want that and has his eye on something big. If that's the case, maybe he's trying to avoid that scenario where he's under pressure to just hire Richard as the guy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 39 of 76
Jump to: