Did anyone listen to 570 before the game, media/press questions with Phil..?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGoldenChild
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Did anyone listen to 570 before the game, media/press questions with Phil..?

Towards the end, someone brought up the Lindsay Soto incident where she asked Odom about maybe being traded after having a monster game (definitely one of his best since arriving).

Phil answered something like "Some girl asked him about being traded"

Then a reporter interupted and said," She's a young lady, not a girl.. a young lady"

Phil then said," No, she's a girl.. she does girlish things, I don't even know her name"

At that point I was laughing out loud and shouting," **** Yeah, *** that slut! You tell them Phil!" and missed the rest of the exchange.

Definitely entertaining IMO.
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject:

Phil the comedian
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject:

Isn't Soto the slut who sleeps around with married men?

BAHAHAHA. Serves her right!
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject:

I'm an east coaster... who is Soto? Was Phil justified? What was the reaction of the people in studio???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CellarDwellar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject:

No, that is Carolyn Hughes
eldrunko714
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject:

Phil really has this teams back. He's great. Can't imagine the Lakers without him.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:

You know what, chill out. I don't appreciate any of you guys constantly referring to women as sluts. Knock it off. This isn't just a message board for men and Soto asking Lamar about being traded at the trade deadline, doesn't justify that crap.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject:

I agree on two comments:

Phil's and LakerJam's.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

You know what, chill out. I don't appreciate any of you guys constantly referring to women as sluts. Knock it off. This isn't just a message board for men and Soto asking Lamar about being traded at the trade deadline, doesn't justify that crap.

But when Odom gets crucified on LG every damn day, many Laker fans on this site have not once supported him. Lamar is a Laker, and this girl disrespected a Laker in front of Staples. She deserves atleast some criticism and should be repremanded for her questions. That was just unprofessional and degrading to a grown man. Her criticism is well deserved.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject:

You know Phil hit it.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

You're right, in general. Personally, I can't remember a time when I've ever used that word to refer to a woman, but I think one of the times it might be justified in it's use (even if I would choose not to use the term myself) would be in reference to a woman who slept around with married men. Personally, I'd probably use something like "trick" or "ho-bag," but those are just my preferences.

But yeah, men shouldn't refer to women, children, or animals by vile names unless they have good reason to.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject:

I mentioned in another thread that she was an idiot. I stand by that.
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject:

It was funny. Phil telling T.J. he'd "never take advice" from him; Phil talking all mushy about how his players were like his children, and it was hard to part with any of them; Vic asking a question about Lamar's "epiphany" and getting the curt response from 'The Basketball Bodhisattva'... I wish we were privy to this stuff more often, but those pre and post game quotes are about the only remaining exclusivity the reporters still possess.
TheGoldenChild
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Jam, you are right and I apologize..

She isn't a slut, she's a boneheaded moron with no clue on how to handle herself in a professional manner. She's a rook and acted as one.

Slut is a bit extreme, and should only be used in reference to women who cheat on their husbands, and homewreckers..

I wonder if she falls under those categories.. because it did feel good calling her that last night!

Phil is a true Laker-man!
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject:

kobe_somebody_odom wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

But when Odom gets crucified on LG every damn day, many Laker fans on this site have not once supported him. Lamar is a Laker, and this girl disrespected a Laker in front of Staples. She deserves atleast some criticism and should be repremanded for her questions. That was just unprofessional and degrading to a grown man. Her criticism is well deserved.

Criticizing her comments is one thing, implying she's a whore or a slut because of them is quite another.

Feel free to attack her on her comments and the inappropriateness of them, but there's no justification for the constant "slut" comments about any woman people here don't like. This site is too good for that.
Achilles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject:

What's the big deal? She asked him about being traded because there were a lot of rumors floating around. Are these millionaire athletes so coddled that they can't handle even remotely tough questions? She didn't badger him or anything. In fact, she just asked the question most of us were wondering about. That's her job. Would you rather she just acted like a Laker publicist? She asked a tough question - good for her.
Calling her a slut is just totally uncalled for.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Slut is not appropriate. Ho on the other hand......
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject:

I don't get the big deal. Its not like she asked lamar something he didn't already know. Heck even now after the deadline, lamar's future with the lakers remains in doubt. Once the off-season starts you know a bunch of trade rumors will involve Lamar's name.

big F'ing deal.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Slut seems bout right
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Slut seems bout right

Why is that? Just asking??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Hey, and why is this registering as a complaint anyway? The world needs whores, tricks, and ho's (of all genders), otherwise where would the easy lay come from?

Nothing wrong with being a whore. There's something wrong with being married to one, but that's just a case of bad judgement in the first place. Different issues. There's a place for everyone in this world, espeically women who like to have a lot of sex!!

I know I'm going to get this topic locked, but sorry ... I think this whole conversation is highly entertaining. Not so entertaining as sex, which is why you need ho's and whores, but entertaining nonetheless.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:
Hey, and why is this registering as a complaint anyway? The world needs whores, tricks, and ho's (of all genders), otherwise where would the easy lay come from?

Nothing wrong with being a whore. There's something wrong with being married to one, but that's just a case of bad judgement in the first place. Different issues. There's a place for everyone in this world, espeically women who like to have a lot of sex!!

I know I'm going to get this topic locked, but sorry ... I think this whole conversation is highly entertaining. Not so entertaining as sex, which is why you need ho's and whores, but entertaining nonetheless.

Lmao...awesome
shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject:

OshadowO wrote:
I don't get the big deal. Its not like she asked lamar something he didn't already know. Heck even now after the deadline, lamar's future with the lakers remains in doubt. Once the off-season starts you know a bunch of trade rumors will involve Lamar's name.

big F'ing deal.

We all know this, but the point was that LO was the "Player of the Game" that night. He showed up and did his job, and then not only did she ask him about the possibility of him being traded, but she did it over the PA so the whole crowd could here it. Her timing could not have been worse. Thats just plain humiliating to LO, and he deserves more respect than that. Catching a guy in the heat of the moment who is happy about a win and jabbing comments and questions like that in, is just irresponsible. Players are very vulnerable emotionally after games when their adrenaline is pumping and they are exhausted. Remember when Shaq swore on national TV? Twice? In the same interview no less?
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Lamar should not answer any more of her questions for the rest of the season. Go LO!
heineken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Irresponsible reporting deserves to be bashed. What she did was stupid. I am glad Phil bashed her for it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: