Did anyone listen to 570 before the game, media/press questions with Phil..?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:

shansen008 wrote:
OshadowO wrote:
I don't get the big deal. Its not like she asked lamar something he didn't already know. Heck even now after the deadline, lamar's future with the lakers remains in doubt. Once the off-season starts you know a bunch of trade rumors will involve Lamar's name.

big F'ing deal.

We all know this, but the point was that LO was the "Player of the Game" that night. He showed up and did his job, and then not only did she ask him about the possibility of him being traded, but she did it over the PA so the whole crowd could here it. Her timing could not have been worse. Thats just plain humiliating to LO, and he deserves more respect than that. Catching a guy in the heat of the moment who is happy about a win and jabbing comments and questions like that in, is just irresponsible. Players are very vulnerable emotionally after games when their adrenaline is pumping and they are exhausted. Remember when Shaq swore on national TV? Twice? In the same interview no less?

Bingo!
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject:

FredG wrote:
shansen008 wrote:
OshadowO wrote:
I don't get the big deal. Its not like she asked lamar something he didn't already know. Heck even now after the deadline, lamar's future with the lakers remains in doubt. Once the off-season starts you know a bunch of trade rumors will involve Lamar's name.

big F'ing deal.

We all know this, but the point was that LO was the "Player of the Game" that night. He showed up and did his job, and then not only did she ask him about the possibility of him being traded, but she did it over the PA so the whole crowd could here it. Her timing could not have been worse. Thats just plain humiliating to LO, and he deserves more respect than that. Catching a guy in the heat of the moment who is happy about a win and jabbing comments and questions like that in, is just irresponsible. Players are very vulnerable emotionally after games when their adrenaline is pumping and they are exhausted. Remember when Shaq swore on national TV? Twice? In the same interview no less?

Bingo!

It wasn't national TV, it was to John Ireland on KCAL 9, but good point.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Yeah what is the deal with these interviews being heard on the PA now. It didn't used to be that way.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject:

She shouldn't ask such questions in a situation like that but doesn't make her slut.

Dumbass maybe, Slut no.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
She shouldn't ask such questions in a situation like that but doesn't make her slut.

Dumbass maybe, Slut no.

LOL. I just think they're giving her too much responsibility. Fox is over-using her for her "eye candy" value. Her interview skills are amateurish at best. I laughed when she was about to cry after $C lost to Texas in the Rose Bowl. Even Petros Pappadikface chimed in with a funny about it.
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Slut seems bout right

Whoa. I am a slut also... what's her number?
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject:

You guys are idiots. What did she do wrong? The guy is getting paid 13 million dollars a year to do a mediocure job at best. If he can't handle a little question like that then get out of the league. Lamar didn't even take offense to the question, so I don't understand why everybody here is. Especially when you guys have been ripping Lamar to shreds and demanding he be traded for the past 2 months. But yet it's not ok to ask him about it in public? That's hilarious right there.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:

For those who do not know how it works behind the scenes, I'll bet the producer told her to bring it up to create a buzz and it did....
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

OX1947 wrote:
For those who do not know how it works behind the scenes, I'll bet the producer told her to bring it up to create a buzz and it did....

It'll be interesting to see how Phil handles her...or how she handles herself...during the next interview.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Sidious wrote:
You guys are idiots. What did she do wrong? The guy is getting paid 13 million dollars a year to do a mediocure job at best. If he can't handle a little question like that then get out of the league. Lamar didn't even take offense to the question, so I don't understand why everybody here is. Especially when you guys have been ripping Lamar to shreds and demanding he be traded for the past 2 months. But yet it's not ok to ask him about it in public? That's hilarious right there.

It's clear that you haven't seen many games or have a ridiculous set of standards if you think Odom plays mediocre at best. I guess double figure scoring and ~10 boards a game are mediocre to you. :roll: The reason people are protecting Odom is because they like him and expect him to be treated with respect-whether or not he can handle such inane questions is irrelevant.

^^ Farmar

CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject:

LO should introduce her to his pimp hand.
TheGoldenChild
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
LO should introduce her to his pimp hand.

..with a VENGEANCE!!!!

thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject:

dude i hate that chick

shes the one who flat out ignored smush's response to kobe's 81 pt game, smush's response that "team defense created the win" for the team, and she like changed the subject on him on national tv back to kobe, and i was like dude, let smush have his say, your asking him a question, dont answer it for him, i hate her...stuck up girl
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: