ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Carushow wrote:
Home court advantage has a lot to do with habituation. Optical cues are different in each arena, so you are naturally more accustomed to your own and tend to perform better there. In soccer, the fields additionally differ in length and width from arena to arena, thus enhancing the effect.

The fields aren’t standard in their dimensions? I hadn’t ever heard that.

Nah man. Fields can be anywhere from 100x64 metres to 110x75 metres in FIFA/UEFA-competitions. In the German Bundesliga anywhere from 90x45 metres up to 120x90 metres is okay, so you could theoretically have a square pitch.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Carushow wrote:
Home court advantage has a lot to do with habituation. Optical cues are different in each arena, so you are naturally more accustomed to your own and tend to perform better there. In soccer, the fields additionally differ in length and width from arena to arena, thus enhancing the effect.

The fields aren’t standard in their dimensions? I hadn’t ever heard that.

Nah man. Fields can be anywhere from 100x64 metres to 110x75 metres in FIFA/UEFA-competitions. In the German Bundesliga anywhere from 90x45 metres up to 120x90 metres is okay, so you could theoretically have a square pitch.

Wow
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:52 am    Post subject:

This gap has been getting bigger each and every day. And that’s when we were 17-2 and the Clips were barely beating bad teams.

These guys are just way too good. We can’t beat them.

Built for the playoffs. 2 guys that play two way and will continue to do so and will only get better with time.

Trez is the modern day Ben Wallace. Gets every loose ball.

And Lou? As if having 2 amazing closers wasn’t good enough. They have 3 top 10 closers in the game on one team. LOL.

Oh and double anyone off that Trez pnr and he’s dunking on you and then celebrating with Balmer.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:24 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Built for the playoffs.

One guy who's knee can't hold up to constant use and another who historically chokes at that time of the year
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:30 am    Post subject:

Athletic teams that can shoot will always beat us. We don’t have the personal to handle teams like that
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:30 am    Post subject:

Athletic teams that can shoot will always beat us. We don’t have the personal to handle teams like that
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:

This is where the players 3-10 argument is valid, even with our top 2 playing as well as they are...

Need more athletic, live bodies.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject:

one problem for us we're big and small!! meaning we have the big men in the paint and then we have all small guards!! we dont have no 6'7 6'8 guys!! when bron goes to the bench we have rondo caruso and kcp out there come on bruh we need sf
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject:

still better than the overrated clippers tho!!!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
This gap has been getting bigger each and every day. And that’s when we were 17-2 and the Clips were barely beating bad teams.

Built for the playoffs. 2 guys that play two way and will continue to do so and will only get better with time.

And Lou? As if having 2 amazing closers wasn’t good enough. They have 3 top 10 closers in the game on one team. LOL.

Oh and double anyone off that Trez pnr and he’s dunking on you and then celebrating with Balmer.

I am sure all of you who keep anointing the Clippers as the best team and better than us, especially after the opening night game, I am sure you all saw the Clippers being 13-6 and Lakers 17-3 at this point in time. Yep, totally.

I mean why even play the games. Lets just give the championship to the Clippers, the team that is so well built because Ballmer is an all time great owner.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Snipes wrote:

I am sure all of you who keep anointing the Clippers as the best team and better than us, especially after the opening night game, I am sure you all saw the Clippers being 13-6 and Lakers 17-3 at this point in time. Yep, totally.

I mean why even play the games. Lets just give the championship to the Clippers, the team that is so well built because Ballmer is an all time great owner.

They are well built, a result of not having to trade the franchise for one player, which gives them an actual bench. Interesting hearing how Jerry West singled out Harrell early on for his bball IQ and turned him into a creator from the post. That is what the Lakers lack, someone with vision. Instead of throwing names together and hoping it works.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

Fingers crossed Clips run into Houston with a 2-3 or 4-5 Playoff matchup. Clips at full power BARELY beat them after losing the 1st time around. And Eric Gordon and House weren't playing.
I think HOU can bury them with 3s if they're fully healthy come playoff time.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Snipes wrote:

They are well built, a result of not having to trade the franchise for one player, which gives them an actual bench. Interesting hearing how Jerry West singled out Harrell early on for his bball IQ and turned him into a creator from the post. That is what the Lakers lack, someone with vision. Instead of throwing names together and hoping it works.

The Lakers did not just throw names together, they did go for vets but they went for vets who would fit the way they wanted to play. 25/30 teams in the league wish they had talent like LBJ and AD together. This is not "name" teaming vision, this is about having a player that can complement the other. We have seen that on both ends already, and the marriage is just 20 games in.

As for the supporting cast, the only "name" players you could argue the team signed was Dwight and Rondo. Dwight has shown to be an asset. I do not think the Lakers at all cared about the name power of Bradley, Caruso, McGee, Danny Green. I think they brought these guys in because they can play some role on D and also fit in. They were all brought in to either make 3 pointers, defend their man well, rim protection, lob threats etc.

The Clippers had a bench in place that was already elite. They added 2 stars to their starting 5. Of course their bench is gonna look great, it was already great last year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

That was my point, the Clippers have a good bench due to the way they added their stars while the Lakers gave up all they had to get Davis. Next offseason will tell us how good of a team the FO can build.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
That was my point, the Clippers have a good bench due to the way they added their stars while the Lakers gave up all they had to get Davis. Next offseason will tell us how good of a team the FO can build.

Well PG not signing changed everything. One alternative scenario, keep everyone and sign Butler. I think AD would have been traded to another team at that point and we lose out on him.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Well PG not signing changed everything. One alternative scenario, keep everyone and sign Butler. I think AD would have been traded to another team at that point and we lose out on him.

I don't think you take Butler over Davis.

Sure short term it could be a good decision, but Butler's looking to retire before he hits 35, so maybe you get 3 years of him? With AD you could get 10 years from him?
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
one problem for us we're big and small!! meaning we have the big men in the paint and then we have all small guards!! we dont have no 6'7 6'8 guys!! when bron goes to the bench we have rondo caruso and kcp out there come on bruh we need sf

We have kuz
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

We have kuz

yea he aint really a sf hes like a pf that dont rebound idk what he is!!
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:

What are these players has proven in the playoffs for them to be favorites? The only playoff winner in this team is kawhi and he is startung deteriorate. PG and Lou will surely choke. Can Harrel guard the paint from AD? I dont think so.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Snipes wrote:

And Lou? As if having 2 amazing closers wasn’t good enough. They have 3 top 10 closers in the game on one tAlexander.

The Lakers did not just throw names together, they did go for vets but they went for vets who would fit the way they wanted to play. 25/30 teams in the league wish they had talent like LBJ and AD together. This is not "name" teaming vision, this is about having a player that can complement the other. We have seen that on both ends already, and the marriage is just 20 games in.

As for the supporting cast, the only "name" players you could argue the team signed was Dwight and Rondo. Dwight has shown to be an asset. I do not think the Lakers at all cared about the name power of Bradley, Caruso, McGee, Danny Green. I think they brought these guys in because they can play some role on D and also fit in. They were all brought in to either make 3 pointers, defend their man well, rim protection, lob threats etc.

The Clippers had a bench in place that was already elite. They added 2 stars to their starting 5. Of course their bench is gonna look great, it was already great last year.

LOL they only slightly improved from Tobias, Galo and Alexander.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi was so bad tonight, clippers fans will wonder who is the alpha if he keeps playing like this. PG looked great
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Kawhi was so bad tonight, clippers fans will wonder who is the alpha if he keeps playing like this. PG looked great

Yep
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:53 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

I’m gonna go with the one who’s been there done that.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

We don’t have the Logo in our side so we are lacking vision. Most of our moves have been a worst kept secret. But we got AD and Lebron still looking elite so finding the role players that fit with them does not require a lot of creativity. The next offseason will be only interesting if we don’t win it all. So far locker room has been drama free so it looks like our FO did aight.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kyle Goon
@kylegoon

I feel for my media colleagues who had to be told by Staples Center employees — not even the Clippers themselves — that Kawhi Leonard wouldn't be doing postgame interviews tonight. After all the stories they've done about a really exciting team, they don't get that courtesy?

Quote:
Bill Oram
@billoram

It is understood that players don’t always want to talk. But the collectively bargained rule is that they be available postgame. Somehow Kawhi and the Clippers, amid the greatest “moment” in franchise history, are falling well short of the bare minimum.

C'mon media. Time to turn on the Dippers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 59 of 439
Jump to: