ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject:

So what can we expect to see from PG in the clutch come playoffs? Well I just found this play by play of the final minute for the clippers on reddit:

Final minute plays for the Clippers:
PG gets fouled, misses one free throw
PG shoots 21 footer, misses
PG shoots 20 footer, misses
PG shoots 25 footer, misses

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/eatvd6/post_game_thread_the_chicago_bulls_1018_defeat/faxadb8/
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
So what can we expect to see from PG in the clutch come playoffs? Well I just found this play by play of the final minute for the clippers on reddit:

Final minute plays for the Clippers:
PG gets fouled, misses one free throw
PG shoots 21 footer, misses
PG shoots 20 footer, misses
PG shoots 25 footer, misses

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/eatvd6/post_game_thread_the_chicago_bulls_1018_defeat/faxadb8/

Well if the heel fits.

Who’s Kawhi’s misses? Paula aka cinderfella

#cLipsticks
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Lol, a lot of people on reddit NBA commenting on how most of the Clipper fans were ranting about the Lakers after the match.

What is the deal with all the Clipper fans here?
They just lost to the horrific Bulls yet they are absolutely obsessed posting non-stop about the Lakers... How does that make any sense? I mean, why is their only concern about the Lakers when they just got their teeth smashed in by the Bulls?
This is a really embarrassing look for Clippers fans.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/eatvd6/post_game_thread_the_chicago_bulls_1018_defeat/faxf8ax/

Most Clipper fans seem to be Laker/Lebron haters
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject:

What is becoming apparent is that the Clippers aren’t a good road team for whatever reason.

This is why it might not be surprising the Bucks beat them badly.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Lol, a lot of people on reddit NBA commenting on how most of the Clipper fans were ranting about the Lakers after the match.

They just lost to the horrific Bulls yet they are absolutely obsessed posting non-stop about the Lakers... How does that make any sense? I mean, why is their only concern about the Lakers when they just got their teeth smashed in by the Bulls?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/eatvd6/post_game_thread_the_chicago_bulls_1018_defeat/faxf8ax/

Sounds like us honestly. We do have an 83 page thread on the Clippers on here. Clipper fans would have an 83 page thread except for the fact there aren’t many Clipper fans. Or maybe it would be a 200 page thread if they had more fans because they haven’t ever won anything and are jealous of the Laker championships.

People will talk about and hate on teams that are relevant. I’m not seeing the Warriors get nearly as much hate anymore. And I never saw much talk about the Clippers before CP3 because they were irrelevant and nobody gave a (bleep).

Last edited by Steve007 on Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:03 am; edited 3 times in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
What is becoming apparent is that the Clippers aren’t a good road team for whatever reason.

I think it’s because Kawhi does some of his load management on the road. This game is an example; he doesn’t want to play on back-to-back nights and when you have those games on the road without your best player it’s tough to win. When he misses a home game it’s easier to overcome.

I think the Bucks are just flat out better than them although I have to admit the lopsided outcome surprised me.

Last edited by Steve007 on Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Boybees wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Again I will repeat the point that having our 3rd and 4th collective options at 14 and 11 is fine with a healthy Lebron and AD. Who steps up for 20 if one is out for awhile? We have really been fortunate with health and I hope that continues, but where will depth come from if it doesn’t?

You've nailed it here. If Lebron and AD both play ~75 games and are reasonably healthy come playoff time, we can win the title. If we lose either of them to significant injury, we'll drop out of contention.

Part of the reason why everything is working so well is that Vogel has done an outstanding job of orchestrating the role players to support the Big Two. But that's all they are, role players. None of them are of the calibre to step up and replace the impact of a Lebron or an AD.

Fwiw the Laker teams with Shaq and Kobe had a similar concern. Shaq was so dominant in his MVP season and the few times he did miss a game the team didn’t have much even with Kobe. Injuries to either in the playoffs could have easily lost a series.

In 2004 we obviously couldn’t afford having an injury to Malone either, not just in the finals but in one or two earlier series; his defense was huge against players like Tim Duncan and KG.
TrueLies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:56 am    Post subject:

To be fair to the Clippers, they were missing Kawhi, Beverley, Lou and Green. Those are basically all starters, so obviously they were going to have a hard time tonight. PG is a choker though
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:05 am    Post subject:

TrueLies wrote:
To be fair to the Clippers, they were missing Kawhi, Beverley, Lou and Green. Those are basically all starters, so obviously they were going to have a hard time tonight. PG is a choker though

That was partially offset by the Refs giving the Clippers an insane number of free throws (36, double the Bulls) and putting the Bulls in the bonus early in the 4th preventing them from playing tough defense.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:30 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Boybees wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Again I will repeat the point that having our 3rd and 4th collective options at 14 and 11 is fine with a healthy Lebron and AD. Who steps up for 20 if one is out for awhile? We have really been fortunate with health and I hope that continues, but where will depth come from if it doesn’t?

You've nailed it here. If Lebron and AD both play ~75 games and are reasonably healthy come playoff time, we can win the title. If we lose either of them to significant injury, we'll drop out of contention.

Part of the reason why everything is working so well is that Vogel has done an outstanding job of orchestrating the role players to support the Big Two. But that's all they are, role players. None of them are of the calibre to step up and replace the impact of a Lebron or an AD.

Fwiw the Laker teams with Shaq and Kobe had a similar concern. Shaq was so dominant in his MVP season and the few times he did miss a game the team didn’t have much even with Kobe. Injuries to either in the playoffs could have easily lost a series.

In 2004 we obviously couldn’t afford having an injury to Malone either, not just in the finals but in one or two earlier series; his defense was huge against players like Tim Duncan and KG.

Agreed.
If Malone hadn’t gotten injured I don’t think there’s any way we lose to Detroit. But that’s sports
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:36 am    Post subject:

That's the kind of PG clutchness I like seeing.
Vintage playoff PG.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:11 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
That's the kind of PG clutchness I like seeing.
Vintage playoff PG.

You mean GP. And that’s not Gary Payton...that’s George Paul
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:43 am    Post subject:

Lakers are now 5 losses clear at the top of the West. Lets see how they are sitting at the start of the new year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

You can say that about every top team. Who steps up for the Rockets, Nugs, or paper Clips if one of their big guns goes down? All things being equal (no injuries for anyone), nobody is going to beat us. I hate to play the "IF" game. "IF" my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle. I like both our regular season depth, and our playoff depth (shorter rotations).

You can, and when PG/Kawhi have missed games, Lou and Harrell have stepped up and scored 25-35. So if you’ve paid attention you know who did for the Clippers. Injuries aren’t an “if”, they happen everyday. You either plan for that or you don’t. And if not, then you can’t use injuries as an excuse.

Seattle is very reliant on Lou and they know that they will not get W's if he does not play well (even if their big 2 are playing). Harrell does come into the picture as well and does a good job to fill the void from load management. They have both done a nice job and I do not want to slight their performances and roles. Lou and Harrell both average over 30 minutes a game. Sure Lou is going to consistently average more than our #3 while Harrell will occasionally come up with some huge games to boost up his scoring average. If you paid attention, you would realize that KCP has recently played better than Lou (hopefully he can keep it up as it is a game changer). Likewise, if one paid attention, they would realize that Seattle is more reliant on these guys because they get less from their big 2 (points, rebounds, assists, blocks) than our big boys get.

I never said injuries are not part of the game. All I am saying is that if ANY team loses a key player (long term, in the playoffs, not one game for load management) they are TOAST. The only difference is Seattle has a third player they have to have. Lets not forget that the mighty Clippers have already lost 2 games when the entire band was together.

At the end of the day, I do not want to slight what is happening with the improved play from our roster. We are getting better than expected play from several players which is swinging the pendulum our way. We may not have a bench guy that can put up 30 (and that is fine). What we do have is the ongoing evolution and improvement from our roster and this has been spearheaded by Frank (who is a better X's and O's guy than Doc). He has many guys stepping up in a variety and diverse number of ways (sometimes not showing in the stat book). I do not believe in load management (and turning the switch on and off). I am a bigger fan of continuity and having a newly constructed team learning to play with each other. Five games ahead in the loss column and counting. If we are healthy in the playoffs, we will not be beat. I want every team healthy, and I want us to play Seattle. Its almost like rooting for the Celtics because victory over the leprechauns was so sweet.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

Forget injuries, Clippers are just sitting guys and losing games as a result. We will see how that works out for them in the playoffs. This ain't last year.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Forget injuries, Clippers are just sitting guys and losing games as a result. We will see how that works out for them in the playoffs. This ain't last year.

Part of me feels like they purposely do this to shape narrative.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

Yesterday PG missed 2 threes in clutch time, the first one could have been a two in order to get the lead. I would like to avoid either the Mavs or the Clippers, I want both of them to play each other before facing us.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

The Clippers are a good road team when healthy and rested. The Bucks are just better than them.

I do believe the Clippers underestimated how good AD/LBJ would be and underestimated how much load management would affect them.
lakerlove123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Seattle is very reliant on Lou and they know that they will not get W's if he does not play well (even if their big 2 are playing). Harrell does come into the picture as well and does a good job to fill the void from load management. They have both done a nice job and I do not want to slight their performances and roles. Lou and Harrell both average over 30 minutes a game. Sure Lou is going to consistently average more than our #3 while Harrell will occasionally come up with some huge games to boost up his scoring average. If you paid attention, you would realize that KCP has recently played better than Lou (hopefully he can keep it up as it is a game changer). Likewise, if one paid attention, they would realize that Seattle is more reliant on these guys because they get less from their big 2 (points, rebounds, assists, blocks) than our big boys get.

I never said injuries are not part of the game. All I am saying is that if ANY team loses a key player (long term, in the playoffs, not one game for load management) they are TOAST. The only difference is Seattle has a third player they have to have. Lets not forget that the mighty Clippers have already lost 2 games when the entire band was together.

At the end of the day, I do not want to slight what is happening with the improved play from our roster. We are getting better than expected play from several players which is swinging the pendulum our way. We may not have a bench guy that can put up 30 (and that is fine). What we do have is the ongoing evolution and improvement from our roster and this has been spearheaded by Frank (who is a better X's and O's guy than Doc). He has many guys stepping up in a variety and diverse number of ways (sometimes not showing in the stat book). I do not believe in load management (and turning the switch on and off). I am a bigger fan of continuity and having a newly constructed team learning to play with each other. Five games ahead in the loss column and counting. If we are healthy in the playoffs, we will not be beat. I want every team healthy, and I want us to play Seattle. Its almost like rooting for the Celtics because victory over the leprechauns was so sweet.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:

And most Laker fans are Clipper/Lebron haters.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:

How would you know...you're not a Laker fan.

Laker Fan 101 for VLF

1. Buck Foston

2. Love All our Championship Teams

3. Expect to get all the best players and compete annually for a ring

4. Buck Foston again

5. Revel in San Antonio's failure

6. Buck Foston a 3rd time

7. During down times rewatch game 7 2010 or the Baby Hook game

8. Buck Foston infinity times

9. Be obnoxious...you do have this one down

10. Ponder life in LA without the Slippers on full envy mode covering up our banners.

11. Tell someone giving you Slipper tix you'll go to the game and no show.

12. Buck Foston one time for good luck.

13. Welcome all haters from all walks of life to game threads so we can lick the tears of the fallen.

14. Realize we didn't even need to use our AK...today is a good day.

Never stop believing in alternate universes where the Slippers are relevant and Laker fans hate the best player on their squad...think Fleetwood Mac made a song about that.

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

lakerlove123 wrote:
Quote:

Seattle Slippers...I like it.

#BannersOverBillboards
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:

Laker fans are not Lebron haters. It's the "Guardians of the Kobe Legacy," I think it's the next marvel flick too.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:

Most Laker fans hate Lebron? Really?

--Anonymous
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:

How would you know...you're not a Laker fan.

Laker Fan 101 for VLF

1. Buck Foston

2. Love All our Championship Teams

3. Expect to get all the best players and compete annually for a ring

4. Buck Foston again

5. Revel in San Antonio's failure

6. Buck Foston a 3rd time

7. During down times rewatch game 7 2010 or the Baby Hook game

8. Buck Foston infinity times

9. Be obnoxious...you do have this one down

10. Ponder life in LA without the Slippers on full envy mode covering up our banners.

11. Tell someone giving you Slipper tix you'll go to the game and no show.

12. Buck Foston one time for good luck.

13. Welcome all haters from all walks of life to game threads so we can lick the tears of the fallen.

14. Realize we didn't even need to use our AK...today is a good day.

Never stop believing in alternate universes where the Slippers are relevant and Laker fans hate the best player on their squad...think Fleetwood Mac made a song about that.

Well said!

and just in case people weren't paying attention

Buck Foston!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 83 of 439
Jump to: