ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 175, 176, 177 ... 440, 441, 442  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Go Memphis tonight! I don't think I want any part of Zion, BI, Hart, Zo and Jru who could turn it up in the playoffs. I don't want any part of that.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Go Memphis tonight! I don't think I want any part of Zion, BI, Hart, Zo and Jru who could turn it up in the playoffs. I don't want any part of that.

We will get a good look at the Pelicans tomorrow and Sunday.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

Pelicans
Rockets
Clippers
Bucks

Beat them all, stop hiding
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject:

All that you say may be true, but it has little to no bearing on my argument - which - as a reminder - is that the Kawhi deal was a sound business decision.
Let's assume what you say is true. OK, then they don't improve much over the next couple of years until they come to a decision point with respect to one of their 2 superstars. Fine, but meanwhile Ballmer rides an elevated franchise value, continues to create buzz and the Clippers remain in the limelight.
Even their locker room intrigues make for great talking points and publicity!
If you were their CEO, would you rather that they remain passively mediocre, or take the path that they have, one of glamour and potential vs one of mediocrity and passivity?

hype wrote:

I mean there's a "possibility" they could trade those guys sure but there value is all low when you consider the Clippers are in all out win now mode.. I don't see any of those guys really bringing back the clear better player. Nobody is giving much up for Beverly, even contenders. Most contenders would obviously love to have Lou on there roster but he's towards the end of his career and an extreme defensive liability, I can't see the Clippers getting any kind of worthwhile return that actually makes them better?

Shamet is a mediocre prospect that can def. shoot the 3 but if that's not falling he's nothing special and has clear injury concerns going back to college so without adding a pick or another solid player what are they really going to get back for him?

Harrell is unrestricted and hasn't been too happy so I doubt they can get a s&t done which I think would be there best asset.

It looks pretty bare to me? If you start looking to add Lou with Shamet you better get a really good fit back because Lou has been the clear second best player behind Kawhi this season since George is so unreliable. Without him they are probably in the lottery right now.

Last edited by ThePageDude on Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

Why not? I don't mind sweeping the "kids" out of the playoffs.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Pelicans aren’t free. They’re better than their current record by a fair amount. Since Lonzo has finally gotten his legs after his long ankle injury and Jrue got over his normal early season slump and Favors got healthy, they’ve been a very dangerous team, especially with how often they shoot the three and how well they do so. Adding Zion to that makes them a lot scarier. Lakers would beat them, but the Pelicans have the talent to give us a scare, assuming the kids on the Pelicans don’t get completely overwhelmed by their first playoff experience.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Pelicans aren’t free. They’re better than their current record by a fair amount. Since Lonzo has finally gotten his legs after his long ankle injury and Jrue got over his normal early season slump and Favors got healthy, they’ve been a very dangerous team, especially with how often they shoot the three and how well they do so. Adding Zion to that makes them a lot scarier. Lakers would beat them, but the Pelicans have the talent to give us a scare, assuming the kids on the Pelicans don’t get completely overwhelmed by their first playoff experience.

That's good. We need a challenge to stay sharp. Like when we played the young Thunder with Kobe and Gasol. Helps keep you sharp and playing good ball.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

I'd be surprised if they took 1 game from the Lakers.
Even then, I wouldn't call it a scare imo
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Damn Clips playing some inspired ball tonight.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:

They have to, they're in danger of no longer being relevant.

They don't string together good games with any sort of regularity though. Ballmer needs to stay in the forefront of the media though.

2nd round out by either Houston and Nuggets
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
strong9 wrote:

They don't string together good games with any sort of regularity though. Ballmer needs to stay in the forefront of the media though.

Whatever their reasons, 47-14??? Jeez.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Doc putting Kawhi on Ja destroyed the Memphis offense.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
drae wrote:
strong9 wrote:

Whatever their reasons, 47-14??? Jeez.

There's a problem with Ja Morant that was highlighted a bit during the Lakers game.

The Grizzlies premier player doesn't shoot the 3. He just isn't a great shooter overall.

I get the feeling Clippers will gobble up that kind of player from the Grizzlies and pretty much stop Morant by forcing him to beat them over the top. Not watching the game though so this is all pure speculation
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Dang, your clippers killed the griz.
Griz gonna fall out of the 8th seed with JJJ out with injury?
Pels vs Blazers might be compelling down the stretch.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:32 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

I think all of Laker nation would be on suicide watch if we were to lose to the Pelicans. It would be insane around here. The hate for Bron, AD, Pelinka, Buss.. insane!!! I don't want the Lakers to even be in a position for that possibility.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:54 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

I think all of Laker nation would be on suicide watch if we were to lose to the Pelicans. It would be insane around here. The hate for Bron, AD, Pelinka, Buss.. insane!!! I don't want the Lakers to even be in a position for that possibility.

And we wouldn't be if Memphis or Portland beat us?

You have to beat who you're given, no excuses allowed, no matter what history you have with that team
#18 next...
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:58 am    Post subject:

We won’t lose to the Pels in a series, but I would hate to them in the reg season due to their trolling bloggers.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:32 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

No Jaren Jackson had something to do w the problem as well.

They beat Memphis. Who cares. Are we seriously watching the Clipper team that hard? Nobody is giving the Clippers more relevancy than Laker fans. It’s hysterical.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

They beat Memphis. Who cares. Are we seriously watching the Clipper team that hard? Nobody is giving the Clippers more relevancy than Laker fans. It’s hysterical.

Actually it is the truth, Kawhi is back to playing lock down defense. On a jitterbug PG.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

I didn’t watch the game, but Kawhi shut down Morant? Does that mean he wasn’t doing his possum, fake limp routine?

That’s scary because Morant is a beast attack PG so if Kawhi was able to stay in front of him, yikes.
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
I didn’t watch the game, but Kawhi shut down Morant? Does that mean he wasn’t doing his possum, fake limp routine?

That’s scary because Morant is a beast attack PG so if Kawhi was able to stay in front of him, yikes.

Morant was still getting wherever he wanted on the floor. Problem is nobody around him was consistently hitting shots so he was constantly looking at bodies clogging the paint. The Clippers offense, on the other hand, was generating open shots all night long. And their shooters were hitting them. Marcus Morris had his best game as a Clipper. Kawhi was unstoppable. And Paul George was more aggressive than he’s been in a while.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject:

Cyberfreak444 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Morant was still getting wherever he wanted on the floor. Problem is nobody around him was consistently hitting shots so he was constantly looking at bodies clogging the paint. The Clippers offense, on the other hand, was generating open shots all night long. And their shooters were hitting them. Marcus Morris had his best game as a Clipper. Kawhi was unstoppable. And Paul George was more aggressive than he’s been in a while.

Ah I see. Ok as long as Kawhi wasn’t locking up Morant. The Grizzlies are just not a team capable of dynamic offense despite Morant because they don’t shoot well.

Figured it would be tough for them to stop the clippers offensive firepower especially with a pissed off clippers team.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject:

Cyberfreak444 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Brooks was horrid.
And it didn't help that JJJ was out.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject:

This is one of the worst traveling violations I have ever seen. I guess Ballmer bought the refs last night. lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1232166785656340480
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Snipes wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Actually it is the truth, Kawhi is back to playing lock down defense. On a jitterbug PG.

Not too long ago he got destroyed by Tatum.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 175, 176, 177 ... 440, 441, 442  Next
Page 176 of 442
Jump to: