ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 203, 204, 205 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Doc Rivers said Rondo was "phenomenal" for the Lakers against the Clippers
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Doc Rivers said Rondo was "phenomenal" for the Lakers against the Clippers

He's trying to bait Vogel into playing him more.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think it's still anyone's series b/w Lakers/Clips in a 7 game series.

Prior to this weekend, there were people convinced the Lakers couldn't beat the Clips/Bucks.

I hope we have shown that we can.

However, it's not to say that we have a decisive advantage over the Clips (I think we do over the Bucks) but that we can certainly beat them in a series.

I'm very happy we took down the Bucks and Clips this weekend.

We could have been swept by the Clippers and we were still going to compete with them in the playoffs (if healthy). I definitely agree that it would pretty much be a toss up.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Did anyone see Kawhi limping off the court yesterday? Or it seemed like he was. Something to keep an eye on....

Hard to tell from this clip. But there is a bit of a limp:

HAHAHAHA! not quite rickroll...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Marcus Morris is averaging 9.5/4/1.5 on 37/26/80 with the Clippers. They traded a lottery pick, a pick swap, a 2nd rounder and Moe Harkless for him. He'll be an unrestricted free agent at season's end. It takes a special kind of delusion to convince yourself that this was a good move.

You forgot winning 6 in a row once they worked him into the lineup. They didn’t do that with Harkless.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Did anyone see Kawhi limping off the court yesterday? Or it seemed like he was. Something to keep an eye on....

Don't get too excited. I noticed he was walking like that in the playoffs last year too.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Marcus Morris is averaging 9.5/4/1.5 on 37/26/80 with the Clippers. They traded a lottery pick, a pick swap, a 2nd rounder and Moe Harkless for him. He'll be an unrestricted free agent at season's end. It takes a special kind of delusion to convince yourself that this was a good move.

You forgot winning 6 in a row once they worked him into the lineup. They didn’t do that with Harkless.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Kawhi playing more than 6 games in a row for the first time this year.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
manlisten wrote:

They've won 6 in a row this season before. Which either means Harkless is just as, if not more valuable, or neither Harkless or Morris is essential to their wins.

Take your pick *shrugs*
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
manlisten wrote:

I wonder if it has anything to do with Kawhi playing more than 6 games in a row for the first time this year.

They lost to the Celtics though.

I wonder what that means ...
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
manlisten wrote:

Given how much of an atrocity those numbers are, I don’t think we can put that down to Morris, probably more likely Kawhi/PG
#18 next...
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

Don't get too excited. I noticed he was walking like that in the playoffs last year too.

He wasn't very good in the Finals. KD was blowing him out of the park before he got injured.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject:

To clarify Steph averaged more points and Klay averaged almost as many points against a full strength Toronto defense compared with Kawhi who was playing against a depleted GSW defense. Factor in that KD was probably going to be the best player in the series again and Kawhi was probably going to be 3rd or 4th best player in the series?

You can call that good but not for best someone who wants to be known as best in the world.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject:

It’s no doubt the Clippers are still a great team.

Losing Moe Harkless hurt them a bit imo especially since he would get a few stops guarding AD and lebron in the first two matchups. Always been a low key Laker killer defensively and with hustle points.

Lou isn’t gonna continue sucking against us and Marcus Morris isn’t going to lay another doughnut.

An with all that said it’s not like our weapons can’t get sharper by playoff time as well. A lot can change from now till then.

Feels pretty damn good on how we’ve developed to this point. 💪🏀💪🔥💪🏀
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
manlisten wrote:

You mean earlier in the season when George was injured and Kawhi was missing even more games and clearly not playing at the level he has been post all star break? I agree but that has hardly anything to do with Harkless or Morris.

As a Lakers fan I was happy they made the trade as I worry much more about Harkless then Morris (not to mention the pick they let go of as well ) and that opinion has only greatly increased post-trade. We'll see what happens the rest of the season but I don't see it changing much tbh.
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Great win, statement weekend. Lakers and Clippers 2020 has all the feel of 2000 Lakers-Blazers: destiny, two deep vs too deep, the more cohesive team vs the more talented team.

Playoff series will be a war. But last night (and this weekend in general) showed me that we are ready to compete, and at the end of the day it's anybody's series. Key will be our third-guy scoring - which will likely be by committee (AB one game, DG another game, maybe Kuzma/Waiters another). Regardless, the level of defensive intensity we've shown the last couple of months has me optimistic.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject:

This is probably the best Clipper fan doing analysis from a Clipper perspective.

So if you want to see the entire 4th quarter broken down from a Clipper point of view, this is a good video

drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject:

The guy slows down a number of plays involving Lou and PG (and Kawhi) where there's hesitation on the defensive end. When to switch and when to not resulting in open looks and driving lanes. I wonder if that indecision will still be there come playoff time.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think it's still anyone's series b/w Lakers/Clips in a 7 game series.

Prior to this weekend, there were people convinced the Lakers couldn't beat the Clips/Bucks.

I hope we have shown that we can.

However, it's not to say that we have a decisive advantage over the Clips (I think we do over the Bucks) but that we can certainly beat them in a series.

I'm very happy we took down the Bucks and Clips this weekend.

We could have been swept by the Clippers and we were still going to compete with them in the playoffs (if healthy). I definitely agree that it would pretty much be a toss up.

Are you sure ? If the clippers beat us , you won’t go down the usual , “i told you so “ path? Still rather pretend to be right than being a true laker fan. Good ol VLF.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
This is probably the best Clipper fan doing analysis from a Clipper perspective.

So if you want to see the entire 4th quarter broken down from a Clipper point of view, this is a good video

Lol couldn't finish the vid cuz that dude's voice and stupid mannerisms were too annoying.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
manlisten wrote:

EHHHH wrong (again). Has more to do with Kawhi/ PG / Beverly playing most or all the games and the clippers not having B2B load management nights. Not Morris . Harkless is clearly the better defender. Better for us he’s not with the clippers anymore . Bad for you.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:09 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

TLDR; Annoying as hell!
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:46 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
manlisten wrote:

They've won 6 in a row this season before. Which either means Harkless is just as, if not more valuable, or neither Harkless or Morris is essential to their wins.

Take your pick *shrugs*

They won 7 in a row this season with Harkless from Nov 15-Nov 27.

--Anonymous
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:35 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
drae wrote:

Lol couldn't finish the vid cuz that dude's voice and stupid mannerisms were too annoying.

One of the points he made at the end was that Morris has size but he doesn't have the lateral quickness to really guard Lebron on the perimeter. And that Harkless allowed the Clippers to match up better specifically with the Lakers because Harkless does have that lateral foot speed
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
drae wrote:

One of the points he made at the end was that Morris has size but he doesn't have the lateral quickness to really guard Lebron on the perimeter. And that Harkless allowed the Clippers to match up better specifically with the Lakers because Harkless does have that lateral foot speed

This is exactly why I loved the Harkless trade. I’m not saying Kuzma is Harkless defensively, but he held his own against Kawhi because he has the footspeed to keep up with Kawhi.

Thank you clippers and thank you New York Knicks.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:41 am    Post subject:

Clipper fans can all suck it. Clippers suck.

That’s how I feel today.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 203, 204, 205 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 204 of 439
Jump to: