ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 205, 206, 207 ... 436, 437, 438  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
I just wished the camera man for ABC/ESPN zoomed in on Ballmer and Rivers’ faces more during the game.

I know I’m going to be biased in this particular scenario but it just seems like Jeannie and Frank conducts themselves in a more classier way. Win or Lose

Jeanie showed her class by getting hit man Kevin Ding to write damning articles about her brother and the Lakers. That ship has sailed.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Marcus is obviously a better individual player than Mo Harkless, but I feel like Mo played a more defined and specific role for the Clips. He gave us trouble with his quickness and length, and didn't monopolize shots. At the beginning of the year I said if I were the Clips I would not trade Mo/1st for Iggy. I feel like Mo/1st was an overpay for Marcus.

Yeah this is a huge point for me. Not only did they give up a number of useful assets, but they gave away a guy who really fit quite well in their system as a defensive role player for a guy who, although a fair way more talented, is a rough offensive fit with the amount of shots he requires to be effective. The fact that Mook has been inefficient so far with his time with the Clips adds even more sourness to the trade for them

I'd much rather have Kieff for free
#18 next...
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
I just wished the camera man for ABC/ESPN zoomed in on Ballmer and Rivers’ faces more during the game.

I know I’m going to be biased in this particular scenario but it just seems like Jeannie and Frank conducts themselves in a more classier way. Win or Lose

Jeanie showed her class by Getty it man Kevin Ding to write damning articles about her brother and the Lakers. That ship has sailed.

Yikes 😬😬😬

Ok she shatted on Jim I’ll give you that. Which lead to a quick revival of our team the following seasons.
Whether Jim’s fault or not a change in the regime was needed. Jim did all he can and sure if the CP3 veto never happened he would probably still be in the FO.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
The Clippers and the Clipper fans are weak sauce. Making excuses for the loss. They all suck.

sas, max kellerman, skip troll all are the same

My hope is that they all continue bashing that the Lakers aren’t a great team and it’s all luck for a better lack of term.

More ammunition for our guys heading into the postseason.

Hoping Rob Parker, Ric Bucher, Momo, Rappaport and the other Lakers bashers get more airtime.

🙏🏀🙏🏀🙏🏀🙏
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Jeanie showed her class by Getty it man Kevin Ding to write damning articles about her brother and the Lakers. That ship has sailed.

Yikes 😬😬😬

Ok she shatted on Jim I’ll give you that. Which lead to a quick revival of our team the following seasons.
Whether Jim’s fault or not a change in the regime was needed. Jim did all he can and sure if the CP3 veto never happened he would probably still be in the FO.

Jim deserved everything he got for the MozDeng signings and trying to trade the young players behind the Buss family's back.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject:

Not sure if this was posted yet...

Masterful Breakdown on how the Lakers Planned to Beat the Clippers
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/3/9/21170900/los-angeles-lakers-vs-clippers-lebron-james-kawhi-leonard-paul-george-defense-adjustment
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Not sure if this was posted yet...

Masterful Breakdown on how the Lakers Planned to Beat the Clippers
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/3/9/21170900/los-angeles-lakers-vs-clippers-lebron-james-kawhi-leonard-paul-george-defense-adjustment

I posted it in the Coach Vogel Thread. Here, it will get better exposure. Great Read.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Marcus is obviously a better individual player than Mo Harkless, but I feel like Mo played a more defined and specific role for the Clips. He gave us trouble with his quickness and length, and didn't monopolize shots. At the beginning of the year I said if I were the Clips I would not trade Mo/1st for Iggy. I feel like Mo/1st was an overpay for Marcus.

Yeah this is a huge point for me. Not only did they give up a number of useful assets, but they gave away a guy who really fit quite well in their system as a defensive role player for a guy who, although a fair way more talented, is a rough offensive fit with the amount of shots he requires to be effective. The fact that Mook has been inefficient so far with his time with the Clips adds even more sourness to the trade for them

Would the Clips have been better off with Harkless + Keef? I think so.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Yikes 😬😬😬

Jim deserved everything he got for the MozDeng signings and trying to trade the young players behind the Buss family's back.

Jim was a straight up a-hole. I'm sorry, I've got a close family member who worked with a company contracted by Jim to do work for him. He was the most unprofessional client and eventually defaulted on paying his bill. The way he did his personal business made it all the more unbelievable that this guy was in a position of leadership for the Lakers. It's no wonder that he was (bleep) at his FO job.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject:

FanOfFour wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Yikes 😬😬😬

Jim was a straight up a-hole. I'm sorry, I've got a close family member who worked with a company contracted by Jim to do work for him. He was the most unprofessional client and eventually defaulted on paying his bill. The way he did his personal business made it all the more unbelievable that this guy was in a position of leadership for the Lakers. It's no wonder that he was (bleep) at his FO job.

Jimmy (and Chaz) did not follow thru to what he/they promised. The Lakers were not in contention and he was given more time than what he originally promised. Anyone that would support Jimmy over Jeanie is a ..............................!!!!!!!!!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Yikes 😬😬😬

Well, our window right now is pretty much open and then will shut quickly depending on what Rob does in summer of 21. Success is allowing everybody, including me, to let bygones be bygones. But I will still remember all the inefficient moves by Maginka, and despite of them, how we're still here contending. Kind of amazing. A more experience front office would have gotten here with AD and Bron, but still maintain some youth and picks. I don't know what would have happened with Brook Lopez ultimately, but at least, we still could have had him last year instead of going after Beasley. That was one of the things I was looking forward too, Lebron smartly utilizing Brook, and the Lakers for some reason wanted sleepy head Beasley instead. That was just mind boggling. Then turn around and trade Zubac for nothing because hey we want a stretch 5 after-all. Remember that Brook was confused too why the Lakers didn't want him back. He signed for just a little over $2 million with the bucks, same Beasley money. Had a good season with Bucks last year, then earned a bigger contract. This was the guy Lakers said, "best player in the Russell" deal.. And you just let him walk to Milwaukee for $2 mill. Renouncing Randle? What?

For me, the jury is still out on Pelinka. I can't rule out all the success so far is simply a combination of the talent of Bron and AD plus some dumb luck. But I don't dwell on the past as much as VLF, to the point of defending anything negative said about the Clippers. VLF has been holding it down for the Clippers here at LG.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject:

I think people need to understand that there are various "windows" in the NBA.

"Making the playoffs" window.
"Making it out of the 1st round" window.
"Conference Finals and Championship" window.

Not all of these are created equal.

So yes, Lakers right now probably have a 2 year championship window. And if we kept the YUTES, maybe we have a "making the playoffs" or "making it out of the 1st round" window for a longer time period.

But Lakers are trying to win rings, so it's understandable that they thought a 2 year championship window (which is not something even some franchises have ever sniffed) is greater than a longer window of mediocrity.

Would it be worth it to win another 1-2 rings and have another 3-4 year rebuild? Of course.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject:

What kind of window did the Lakers have after the Shaq trade when Kobe was 26 years old?
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
@NotoriousOHM

Lou Williams has been ruled out for tonight at Golden State with a sore calf.

Makes sense.
See happens when Lebron targets you and make you try to play defense.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
@NotoriousOHM

Makes sense.

Not only that he's 33 years old so age is against him as well.

Good move though, I think everybody is scared of sore calfs after I think a couple of people (?) have gone down now with Achilles after calf problems.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
@NotoriousOHM

Makes sense.

Not only that he's 33 years old so age is against him as well.

Good move though, I think everybody is scared of sore calfs after I think a couple of people (?) have gone down now with Achilles after calf problems.

Yep. Don't wanna hear players having issues with calves, hamstrings or groins. The latter 2 cuz they can take so long to get right.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Would the Clips have been better off with Harkless + Keef? I think so.

Without a shadow of a doubt I think

Gives them more flexibility in the front court without taking shots away from Kawhi/PG
#18 next...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
What kind of window did the Lakers have after the Shaq trade when Kobe was 26 years old?

I love AD but he’s no 26 year old Kobe. I do think he would help bridge a rebuild and if they do it right could get another star FA post LBJ. But I can also see AD structuring his deal to coincide with LBJ too.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:

I love AD but he’s no 26 year old Kobe. I do think he would help bridge a rebuild and if they do it right could get another star FA post LBJ. But I can also see AD structuring his deal to coincide with LBJ too.

I was just asking . Wasn't sure how you would classify that one.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:

You can build around AD because he can anchor the team defensively but we need someone like Dame to set the tone offensively. I can’t see AD sticking around post Lebron unless we can get a legit 1st or 2nd option.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:

You can build around AD

I think his time in New Orleans is a testament that you maybe can't. But I do think you can build a championship team with him, just not as the Number 1 Option, but that's why he's here. New Orleans tried that, and it didn't work. So we're trying something else.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:

You can build around AD because he can anchor the team defensively but we need someone like Dame to set the tone offensively. I can’t see AD sticking around post Lebron unless we can get a legit 1st or 2nd option.

IMO, I see AD/LBJ signing extensions that will mirror each other.

That way, when LBJ retires, AD can then recruit the guy to replace LBJ cap-wise/star-wise. But I still think AD is more of a "1B" than lead guy. But yes, he's a great piece to build around, but we would still need that alpha lead. And perusing the 2022 market for example, and it's slim pickings.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject:

2023 notable UFAs (age 30 or under):

Beal
Embiid
Jokic
DLO

2024:

Jaylen Brown
Jamal Murray
KAT
Booker
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:

You can build around AD

I think his time in New Orleans is a testament that you maybe can't. But I do think you can build a championship team with him, just not as the Number 1 Option, but that's why he's here. New Orleans tried that, and it didn't work. So we're trying something else.

AD can be successful. He just needs to play with an elite point guard, which Lebron could be for the next 5 years. Not ideal, but at 38, Lebron can still be better than 80% of the league, if not more.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
2023 notable UFAs (age 30 or under):

Beal
Embiid
Jokic
DLO

2024:

Jaylen Brown
Jamal Murray
KAT
Booker

I would love to see us go get Jaylen Brown. I think Brown + AD would be an incredible duo on both ends of the floor. Booker would be a nice pairing too, but, obviously, not as potent on the defensive end.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 205, 206, 207 ... 436, 437, 438  Next
Page 206 of 438
Jump to: