ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 206, 207, 208 ... 436, 437, 438  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject:

I could totally see the Lakers going for Booker in 2024. And I'm not talking about Cory Booker.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I could totally see the Lakers going for Booker in 2024. And I'm not talking about Cory Booker.

That’s like 4 years! Kids would be in and out of High School by then!
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:52 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
What kind of window did the Lakers have after the Shaq trade when Kobe was 26 years old?

We didn't really have any hope until Bynum started playing like the best center in the league. We got Pau shortly after, without giving up LO or Bynum, and it blew the doors wide open.

Pau is one of my top 3 favorite Lakers players of all time. Even with all the frustration at the end of his tenure here, his contribution to the franchise and what he did for Kobe will never be forgotten.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2023 notable UFAs (age 30 or under):

Beal
Embiid
Jokic
DLO

2024:

Jaylen Brown
Jamal Murray
KAT
Booker

I would love to see us go get Jaylen Brown. I think Brown + AD would be an incredible duo on both ends of the floor. Booker would be a nice pairing too, but, obviously, not as potent on the defensive end.

Give me Jamal Murray please!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject:

My all too early prediction is it will be a Booker/AD for Lakers President/Vice President in 2024.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
I just wished the camera man for ABC/ESPN zoomed in on Ballmer and Rivers’ faces more during the game.

I know I’m going to be biased in this particular scenario but it just seems like Jeannie and Frank conducts themselves in a more classier way. Win or Lose

Jeanie showed her class by getting hit man Kevin Ding to write damning articles about her brother and the Lakers. That ship has sailed.

Only reason I don’t hate Jeanie as much as you is because of Deng and Mozgov. What Jeanie did was wrong and I don’t think Mitch/Jim did anything wrong - but man those 2 signings? What happened there I still don’t know.

Doesn’t change the fact that Jeanie is a huge hack. Sad because I used to love her until her father passed away.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:19 am    Post subject:

To our resident Seattle fans. Congrats. You guys have finally closed the gap.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Wow, Steve Ballmer announces he is straight-up buying the Forum for $400 million in cash.

That means the Clippers' new arena is going to happen.

Ballmer says he'll keep the Forum in business as a live music venue, and everybody who works there will get a job offer.

https://twitter.com/gregbeacham/status/1242592324917399552?s=21
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Wow, Steve Ballmer announces he is straight-up buying the Forum for $400 million in cash.

That means the Clippers' new arena is going to happen.

Ballmer says he'll keep the Forum in business as a live music venue, and everybody who works there will get a job offer.

https://twitter.com/gregbeacham/status/1242592324917399552?s=21

Basically, Ballmer gave Dolan and MSG godfather money and told him to (bleep) off with that lawsuit Boss move, and i can't even hate. Now, they can get the (bleep) out of Staples Center and take their divisional banners with them. Also, just found out that they covered/replaced their division banners with *possibly* a championship banner for this season: Source
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:14 am    Post subject:

Difficult to tell who gets more advantage with the prolonged resting time
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:35 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Difficult to tell who gets more advantage with the prolonged resting time

You could make an argument for Lebron and the Lakers since they didn’t load manage much this season, although they might have in Late March to early April.

You could also make a case for Kawhi since he was in the finals and gets to rest even more. However, the Clippers could probably use the games to gel, the break might hurt them since they needed to build chemistry and continuity due to all their load management and integrating their deadline acquisitions.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kawhi Leonard Misses Second Consecutive Family Game Night Citing Load Management
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
I just wished the camera man for ABC/ESPN zoomed in on Ballmer and Rivers’ faces more during the game.

I know I’m going to be biased in this particular scenario but it just seems like Jeannie and Frank conducts themselves in a more classier way. Win or Lose

Jeanie showed her class by getting hit man Kevin Ding to write damning articles about her brother and the Lakers. That ship has sailed.

Only reason I don’t hate Jeanie as much as you is because of Deng and Mozgov. What Jeanie did was wrong and I don’t think Mitch/Jim did anything wrong - but man those 2 signings? What happened there I still don’t know.

Doesn’t change the fact that Jeanie is a huge hack. Sad because I used to love her until her father passed away.

I don’t hate Jeanie, I just think that she isn’t a good leader. Away from the organization she seems to be a nice person. We know from her leaked emails that Ballmer pulling this off won’t make her happy.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Good to see Ballmer donating to the COVID-19 efforts.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject:

I really like what Kief brings to the Lakers. I hope Pelinka re-signs him. Bron, Brow, Kief and two 3 &D shooters to close games is what I want to see when the season resumes.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't see Lakers getting Devin Booker, nor would I want him.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Lakers vs Clips on Spectrum
jmat
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject: We versus Me

If one thing is demonstrated by the regular season and the playoffs, there's one "We versus Me" team in LA: the Lakers.

How many videos do you see of the Clippers bickering with each other on the court versus the Lakers? The unselfishness and cohesiveness of the Lakers team makes the victories even sweeter.

Those Clipper billboards drive me nuts whenever I see one.

Plus portraying themselves as some sort of blue-collar lunchbucket-toting team. This is a sport of millionaires not to mention the Clippers' billion-dollar owner versus the family business that is the Buss family.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Lakers got a way to go to catch the Dippers!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Lots of revisionism will take place if Denver wins Game 7. A lot of LG posts will be mysteriously edited.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject:

I used to think the Lakers had no chance against the Clips. However, there are some vulnerabilities that a smart Laker team can exploit:

* Clips have marginal to poor perimeter defense, especially late in the game. This should bode well for any Laker that can get hot from the 3 point line, and we do have some that do get hot from time to time

* Clips are very vulnerable at the 4 and 5. Zub and Montrell can't seem to handle sizeable/athletic power forwards and centers. This means Davis can go to work on both of them

* Clips live or die on K. Leonard. Seems to me that when Leonard struggles, this Clipper team loses focus and starts missing shots. If Vogel can contain Kahmi, that should distrupt the entire Clipper team

* Clippers have poor interior rebounding. Again, our bigger players should be able to control the boards against them

* Clips have poor team chemistry. I'm not saying they hate each other, they just don't seem to play for each other.

* Clippers now seem to play similar to the Rockets. Reliance on two capable scorers with heavy 3pt support, but smaller and vulnerable to physically bigger players. This is the most important point. KL is similar to Harden, just better defensively. PG is similar to Westbrook, just slightly better. Lakers destroyed two straight teams (Portland and Houston) that have that 1-2 punch in quality shooters. This should make the Clips nervous.

Next round (assuming the Clips beat Denver) will be very interesting, but for first time this season, assuming things go as they have, I can say the Lakers just might beat them in 6 games.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I banged the drum all last year that Kawhi was no longer the same athlete, or the same defender. ..and also the fact that, in all likelihood his injury is chronic.
Also been saying that he and Lebron are tied for best player in the league.. I'm not really lukewarm on him.. I'm just always going to give Bron the benefit of the doubt and I'm not going to give my opponent the benefit of the doubt

RESPECKK!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Someone should post pictures of the Lakers championship banners and then the Clippers covering up the Lakers banners side by side with the caption: "There's your gap!"

*dat gap*
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Lots of revisionism will take place if Denver wins Game 7. A lot of LG posts will be mysteriously edited.

I'm surprised Clips have struggled. I think they pull it off though. They've built leads, just have not held onto them.

With that said, if Denver pulls it off - I hope there is not some "hey we handled them pretty good in the regular season" sort of attitude. I have been very criticial of Jokic and Murray as good, but not elite level, players, but that is never a constant as players can and do evolve (or devolve). I really cannot stand Murray - I'm still agitated at the guy for his constant smack talking especially during the Ball era - but he's been pretty clutch this playoff for them in these closeout games.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I banged the drum all last year that Kawhi was no longer the same athlete, or the same defender. ..and also the fact that, in all likelihood his injury is chronic.
Also been saying that he and Lebron are tied for best player in the league.. I'm not really lukewarm on him.. I'm just always going to give Bron the benefit of the doubt and I'm not going to give my opponent the benefit of the doubt

RESPECKK!

Great necro raise of that post Indeed, LBJ has been just an absolute pleasure to watch this year. IMO, he has been an all around better player than anyone else this season in all aspects of the game [yes, even defense, thanks to the AD motivation] and deserves the MVP (he wont get it tho, too much Bucks love).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 206, 207, 208 ... 436, 437, 438  Next
Page 207 of 438
Jump to: