ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 218, 219, 220 ... 440, 441, 442  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
I'd LOVE for the Clippers to replace Doc with MDA!!!

One of the few coaches more overrated than Doc. Fans love how much "fun" his teams are to watch. But he's won diddly squat in the postseason his whole career.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
I'd LOVE for the Clippers to replace Doc with MDA!!!

One of the few coaches more overrated than Doc. Fans love how much "fun" his teams are to watch. But he's won diddly squat in the postseason his whole career.

Zero chance Ballmer fires Doc for MDA. Players know Mike is a one trick pony and the media LOVES Doc so they'd rip Ballmer for signing off on that.

IMO, the Clippers come back very similar next season to what they were this year.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Why The 2020 Los Angeles Clippers Are The BIGGEST DISSAPONTMENTS In NBA History

Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject:

The Clips are low on assets but I just don't think they will stand pat. Especially knowing they have holes to fill, and obviously chemistry issues as mentioned by all their players and coach lol.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SupremeDreams_1/status/1306211499665485827?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1306211499665485827%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D1916148start%3D260

Clippers locker room after game 7 loss. 😂
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:59 am    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/SupremeDreams_1/status/1306211499665485827?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1306211499665485827%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D1916148start%3D260

TRASH!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:18 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
The Clips are low on assets but I just don't think they will stand pat. Especially knowing they have holes to fill, and obviously chemistry issues as mentioned by all their players and coach lol.

Yes I don't think they stand pat either. At least one of Harrell or Lou will be gone and quite possibly both. I wonder if they could even consider jettisoning Beverley if Kawhi is tired of his act. I think they are probably pot-committed to paying Marcus Morris after giving up what they did to get him, so he may cost them the full MLE for 3 seasons.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:12 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Yes I don't think they stand pat either. At least one of Harrell or Lou will be gone and quite possibly both. I wonder if they could even consider jettisoning Beverley if Kawhi is tired of his act. I think they are probably pot-committed to paying Marcus Morris after giving up what they did to get him, so he may cost them the full MLE for 3 seasons.

Yeah, i'd be shocked if they stood pat completely. They are extremely low on trade resources and many players i'm sure they'd happily trade simply don't have too much value and the entire rosters value will also probably be at an all time low on top of teams being a bit more cheap this off season.

There's a chance Harrell leaves the Clippers without them getting anything back as well since i'm pretty positive he's unrestricted right? IDK where he currently stands with the team but he has clearly not been the biggest supporter at times throughout this season.

They aren't going to be able to trade Lou for much at all considering his age, monumental liability on defense and he's getting well up there in age.

Are there many teams that are going to offer much to make the Clippers better for an aging Beverly and his large contract?

I'd absolutely love to see them start the off season by giving Marcus the full MLE. That's pretty much best case scenario for the other contending West teams imo as well.

It will be very interesting though for sure to see what kind of at least small shake up they do.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:44 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Yeah, i'd be shocked if they stood pat completely. They are extremely low on trade resources and many players i'm sure they'd happily trade simply don't have too much value and the entire rosters value will also probably be at an all time low on top of teams being a bit more cheap this off season.

There's a chance Harrell leaves the Clippers without them getting anything back as well since i'm pretty positive he's unrestricted right? IDK where he currently stands with the team but he has clearly not been the biggest supporter at times throughout this season.

They aren't going to be able to trade Lou for much at all considering his age, monumental liability on defense and he's getting well up there in age.

Are there many teams that are going to offer much to make the Clippers better for an aging Beverly and his large contract?

I'd absolutely love to see them start the off season by giving Marcus the full MLE. That's pretty much best case scenario for the other contending West teams imo as well.

It will be very interesting though for sure to see what kind of at least small shake up they do.

They can offer him more than the MLE right? So no need to use the MLE on Morris.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:14 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
hype wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

They can offer him more than the MLE right? So no need to use the MLE on Morris.

I think Harrell is gone especially if he has some friction with Wayoff P, and quite a few teams will be interested in his services I'm sure. With Jerry West still with them we can never know what magic he's gonna perform next. Not sure if the ship has sailed, who knows Darren Collison may even return to join the Clips with them needing a playmaker also.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:01 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
hype wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

I think Harrell is gone especially if he has some friction with Wayoff P, and quite a few teams will be interested in his services I'm sure. With Jerry West still with them we can never know what magic he's gonna perform next. Not sure if the ship has sailed, who knows Darren Collison may even return to join the Clips with them needing a playmaker also.

GS can sign Harrell then flip combo 2/3 Draymond/Wiggins/pick for Beal or Booker, damn
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:07 am    Post subject:

I remember watching the commentary for the movie The Great Escape and James Garner talked about how Steve McQueen was difficult to work with at times. Most of the British actors were used to working together in more of a collaborative effort, and they were not used to working with difficult, "Hollywood" stars. McQueen had finished Cool Hand Luke the year before, and wasn't excited about doing another "prison" movie.

James Garner said that McQueen "wanted to be the hero, but didn't want to do anything especially heroic." The compromise was creating the scene where McQueen escapes to gather local intelligence, allows himself to be recaptured, to give the escape team the intel they need for their mass breakout from the German POW camp.

I think KL is like McQueen in this example. He wants to be the hero, he wants to be seen as a star, but he doesn't want to do the extra things like leadership, being a spokesman, or bringing his team together. He wants his load management time off, and he is used to the other teams, the Raptors and the Spurs, where other guys carried their share of the load, with no expectations for KL off the court.

It's a version of what we see on other teams, especially one's that don't make the playoffs or are just first round cannon fodder. The star wants the accolades, gets his shots and points, his team loses more than they win, just as long as the star gets his money, his celebrity, but doesn't get his team better or improve his own game.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

this must be a very humbling situation for them
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject:

New billboard

https://i.redd.it/wzph6wau06o51.png
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
New billboard

P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
I remember watching the commentary for the movie The Great Escape and James Garner talked about how Steve McQueen was difficult to work with at times. Most of the British actors were used to working together in more of a collaborative effort, and they were not used to working with difficult, "Hollywood" stars. McQueen had finished Cool Hand Luke the year before, and wasn't excited about doing another "prison" movie.

James Garner said that McQueen "wanted to be the hero, but didn't want to do anything especially heroic." The compromise was creating the scene where McQueen escapes to gather local intelligence, allows himself to be recaptured, to give the escape team the intel they need for their mass breakout from the German POW camp.

I think KL is like McQueen in this example. He wants to be the hero, he wants to be seen as a star, but he doesn't want to do the extra things like leadership, being a spokesman, or bringing his team together. He wants his load management time off, and he is used to the other teams, the Raptors and the Spurs, where other guys carried their share of the load, with no expectations for KL off the court.

It's a version of what we see on other teams, especially one's that don't make the playoffs or are just first round cannon fodder. The star wants the accolades, gets his shots and points, his team loses more than they win, just as long as the star gets his money, his celebrity, but doesn't get his team better or improve his own game.

McQueen wasn't in Cool Hand Luke - that was Paul Newman

Before The Great Escape, McQueen wasn't really in any jail or prison movies.
He was most well known as the star of the tv Western "Wanted Dead or Alive" (which was a pretty big hit for 3-4 years)
He was also well known for the movie The Blob - and he was one of the guys in The Magnificent Seven also
McQueen's career really took off after The Great Escape
edited to add: The Great Escape was released in 1963 - 4 years before Cool Hand Luke was released in 1967.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI

Last edited by P.K. on Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
New billboard

Balmer doesn't mind spending money ey
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ksmgf wrote:

TRASH!

ChickenStu . . . ChickenStu, listen to me when I say this . . . you are NOT trash
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject:

You can just see the difference between the Lakers and Clippers when the Nuggets make a run

The Lakers just have a lot of players not afraid of these high pressure situations

That is the true gap between the Lakers and Clippers.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject:

There's quite a gap between AD and PG, that's for sure.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
There's quite a gap between AD and PG, that's for sure.

Pg has to deal with the gap between the rim and the side of the backboard first
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject:

There's a gap between Leonard and charisma
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:08 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:

KL being compared to Steve McQueen, wow. Then I would compare PG to John Cazale's Fredo during the assassination attempt on his father.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:48 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
McQueen had finished Cool Hand Luke the year before

was he an extra?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
McQueen had finished Cool Hand Luke the year before

was he an extra?

No.

Whatever the OP or James Garner may have said, there's a couple of huge problems with that whole story

Chief among them is that The Great Escape was released in 1963, and Cool Hand Luke was released in 1967.

From the original post "commentary for the movie The Great Escape and James Garner talked about how Steve McQueen was difficult to work with at times. Most of the British actors were used to working together in more of a collaborative effort, and they were not used to working with difficult, "Hollywood" stars. McQueen had finished Cool Hand Luke the year before, and wasn't excited about doing another "prison" movie."

Hard to see how McQueen could have finished Cool Hand Luke (released 1967) when The Great Escape was released in 1963. Not to mention that McQueen wasn't even in Cool Hand Luke

James Garner and McQueen reportedly had some beef - so it's entirely possible Garner was just making sh*t up.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 218, 219, 220 ... 440, 441, 442  Next
Page 219 of 442
Jump to: