ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 220, 221, 222 ... 440, 441, 442  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject:

No facts to backup all the talk

Clippers are a joke, a fraud
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
No facts to backup all the talk

Clippers are a joke, a fraud

Giving barbers a bad name since San Diego
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
"I've been told some of the Clippers role players actually think they're as good as Paul George. They're having problems w/ the special treatment he's gotten from Doc Rivers. They can handle Kawhi getting special treatment bc for the most part he delivered." β€” @Chris_Broussard

#sauces

There must be a gap in funding from Ballmer.

Lou, you're not as good as PG. Cut it out.
But that sure is good to hear.

Crap. I read it as Chris Haynes reporting.
Lol. But it's Broussard. No wonder you said Sauces.

Man. Now I can't take this seriously πŸ˜‚
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
ibij
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

PG might get traded....

Clippers need pick.....
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
"I've been told some of the Clippers role players actually think they're as good as Paul George. They're having problems w/ the special treatment he's gotten from Doc Rivers. They can handle Kawhi getting special treatment bc for the most part he delivered." β€” @Chris_Broussard

#sauces

I said this back in July 2019 in multiples threads. Doc's teams tend to have players on the inner circle and players on the outer circle. He neglects his role players on and off the court for the sake of his star players.

I was never confident picking who'd win this chip though. Saw flaws in everybody. Greek Freak didn't have a true 2nd banana, Philly got worse in the offseason, Doc would screw up coaching the Clips in the postseason, and LBJ has never won a chip without an allstar guard and closer beside him.

Little did I know, AD could be a clutch shot maker.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

ibij wrote:
PG might get traded....

Clippers need pick.....

Haha, hell no! They traded a thousand picks for him. They are in it deep whether they like it or not. Trading him for less assets than you gave up would be a total embarrassment.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Paul George taking eLs

Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject:

If MDA goes to the Sixers... PG13 plus sign and trade Harrell to the Sixers for Embiid. I'd love to see that. I mean it looks scary on paper with KL and Joel, but I'm confident they will have health issues, so I won't sweat it. Sixers can then do their small ball.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

#sauces

I said this back in July 2019 in multiples threads. Doc's teams tend to have players on the inner circle and players on the outer circle. He neglects his role players on and off the court for the sake of his star players.

I was never confident picking who'd win this chip though. Saw flaws in everybody. Greek Freak didn't have a true 2nd banana, Philly got worse in the offseason, Doc would screw up coaching the Clips in the postseason, and LBJ has never won a chip without an allstar guard and closer beside him.

All great points.

Clippers were the best on paper, but they turned out to have major chemistry issues.

Denver turned out to be more mentally tough than their reputation.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:43 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
C M B wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
McQueen had finished Cool Hand Luke the year before

was he an extra?

No.
Not to mention that McQueen wasn't even in Cool Hand Luke

that's what made me scratch my head

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:26 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

#sauces

Ability wise to be fair, I think PG is clearly the 2nd best player on the team. But the key here is his production, which is where I can see players like Lou and maybe even Harrell feeling the unfair treatment. Let's not forget Wayoff P was 3rd in the MVP race just a couple years ago
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

Hoping this is BS, word on the street is Lou and Trez to Philly for Embiid. Clippers would sacrifice their vaunted bench depth to form the best starting 5.

Is this possible with Trez's pending FA?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Hoping this is BS, word on the street is Lou and Trez to Philly for Embiid. Clippers would sacrifice their vaunted bench depth to form the best starting 5.

brand is stupid enough to sign Horford @25m when he has Embiid and i think he is stupid enough to trade embiid for lou/trez
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:

Brand deserves to be fired on the spot if he agrees to it
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

Brand deserves to be fired on the spot if he agrees to it

- Horford instead of Jimmy Buckets

- Embiid for overhyped spare parts (rumored)

- T. Harris for Shamet and 4 draft picks

SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject:

to be honest, i don't mind that trade at all. talent-wise, sure that'll be a very formidable starting five. but talent was not what did them in this playoffs. it was their lack of leadership. Embiid is not the best teammate in the league by any mean, i just don't see a harmonious match with him, KL and PG. of the big three 2 of them are injury prone.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:

There is no way they're trading Embiid for two role players. It would have to include PG to start. And Trez is a FA so he doesn't have to agree to a trade at all.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

There is no way they're trading Embiid for two role players. It would have to include PG to start. And Trez is a FA so he doesn't have to agree to a trade at all.

imagine trading Embiid for 2 guys who wont get any playing time in playoffs
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

imagine trading Embiid for 2 guys who wont get any playing time in playoffs

Since Trez is a FA, he would have to agree to a sign & trade I believe? My taught is he would want to consider his options in FA with other teams first? Does he really want to go to Philly?

The incentive for him would be to go with Lou..but IDK how he feels about that
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:

Sign and trade. As was mentioned, it makes sense with MDA. I would feel more comfortable all around with Patterson instead of Trez.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

Sign and trade. As was mentioned, it makes sense with MDA. I would feel more comfortable all around with Patterson instead of Trez.

If that exact trade was being brought up with the Lakers trying to do it people would be laughing at how horrible it is. No way the Sixers do that especially without any picks coming back. I find it really hard to believe there's no team that could offer something better then that which wouldn't have to be much at all.

Unless Trez really wants to go there and he will get paid a significant amount more due to the s&t I see no reason why he'd help out the Clippers either.

I know there were rumors he liked the Suns which would be a huge problem for any possible s&t proposals since they will have the cap space to just outright sign him.

Maybe, i'm missing something though because some of these s&t offers i've seen lately for him have been crazy. Including one I seen to the Suns for Rubio and someone else when they will have the cap space anyways if they really do want him.

I just don't think an elite talent (even with the injury concerns) will be traded to the Clippers for that cheap. Paul George maybe, especially if the weird rumors of MDA going there are true but then you just trade a kind of injury prone guy to a major one to join up with Kawhi who needs no introduction to that club.

Also, with Lou he was contemplating retiring 2-3 years ago and signed on a cheaper deal with the Clips to try and win a Championship so unless he feels great about the trade destination I doubt he happily goes many places without trying to ruin it by threatening his retirement.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

Snoop dog predicts Lakers championship while taking t a shoot at the Clippers at the end of the video. Heat/Celtics get ready to join the clips in Cancun lol.

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject:

The way the Lakers have been playing, they beat the clippers in 5 or 6.

AD has taken his game to another level and the clippers don’t have an answer for him just like they didn’t with Jokic. Also, Rondo emerged as Playoff Rondo.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

Lmao. And the Lakers are trading Kuzma and Danny Green for Giannis. Embiid for two role players who just (bleep) the bed in the most embarrassing fashion possible in the playoffs? ROFL. Maybe Philly should be sending back four draft picks too, if the Clippers are going to dream, might as well dream big.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

Funny clippers locker room skit

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 220, 221, 222 ... 440, 441, 442  Next
Page 221 of 442
Jump to: