ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 247, 248, 249 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject:

The legend of kawhi is ridiculous. He’s a top 5-10 player sure. But last season the hype was absurd to me. He joined a 60 win team, they played a golden state team missing half their team. Not even just a player like dragic lol, Durant and klay Thompson if I remember. And curry was hobbled.

Kawhi leaves and the raptors have a better record than the clippers lol

It’s simple really

Lebron left the East, the raptors who were in the ecf with derozan replaced him with a better player in kawhi and they got to face a depleted golden state

He’s not this Mount Rushmore player. There are blatant facts being unspoken. And unspoken this year. As if kawhi didn’t enter a 60 win team and coast through a depleted eastern conference with the most talented non golden state roster. Put giannis or James harden on the raptors and they’re probably champions last season.

Btw I’m not so sure lebron doesn’t lead the lakers to the nba finals
Last year if he doesn’t get hurt. They were 4th in the nba, guys were starting to gel, and golden state crumbled healthwise
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject:

LastStand 2.0 wrote:
The legend of kawhi is ridiculous. He’s a top 5-10 player sure. But last season the hype was absurd to me. He joined a 60 win team, they played a golden state team missing half their team. Not even just a player like dragic lol, Durant and klay Thompson if I remember. And curry was hobbled.

Kawhi leaves and the raptors have a better record than the clippers lol

It’s simple really

Lebron left the East, the raptors who were in the ecf with derozan replaced him with a better player in kawhi and they got to face a depleted golden state

He’s not this Mount Rushmore player. There are blatant facts being unspoken. And unspoken this year. As if kawhi didn’t enter a 60 win team and coast through a depleted eastern conference with the most talented non golden state roster. Put giannis or James harden on the raptors and they’re probably champions last season.

Btw I’m not so sure lebron doesn’t lead the lakers to the nba finals
Last year if he doesn’t get hurt. They were 4th in the nba, guys were starting to gel, and golden state crumbled healthwise

FACTS.
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject:

LastStand 2.0 wrote:

He’s not this Mount Rushmore player...

He is a great player but not a legendary player like Kobe/LeBron. I lost alot of respect for him because he wanted load management before he even turned 30. Imagine Kareem asking Pat Riley he needed load management. Crazy times we live in...
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi comes around every generation. He’s a great player that when it’s all said and done people will be like oh ya kawhi was a great defender and that’ll be that. Think Gary Payton, or David Robinson (who was probably better)

Lebron is someone that defined American professional sports for a new generation

AD is the most transcendent talent since Durant and before him lebron

I remember the big point of contention when choosing between AD and kawhi was kawhi was this winner and AD was a loser

Put AD on the raptors last year and kawhi on the pelicans lol. I just know you would’ve seen AD holding up a trophy last season and kawhi bounced out of the 2nd round at best maybe miss the playoffs

Idc what anyone says dude is not a #1 offensive player. He had Lowry and siakam both of which are outstanding on ball offensive players. What makes kawhi top 5 is that he’ll give you 25-30 and lock you up. That’s unique

But I think the kawhi stuff was out of hand lol. I’ll stand by that opinion till the day I die that if you put kawhi on the bucks and giannis on the raptors the raptors would have swept the bucks
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Who's on the Mount Rushless of Clippers players?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:57 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Elton Brand, Chris Kaman, Benoit Benjamin and Michael Olowokandi
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:
BubbleWoj
@BubbleWoj
Kawhi Leonard says he wasn’t talking about a point guard when he told Clippers he wants a new PG, sources tell ESPN.

I'm living here rent free
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Pooh Richardson?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
BubbleWoj
@BubbleWoj
Kawhi Leonard says he wasn’t talking about a point guard when he told Clippers he wants a new PG, sources tell ESPN.

lol, palmdale keeps taking the L
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
epic_ wrote:

two fists to temple, Caron the Butler, Lamar pre-K Odom, Corey 'Damn Kobe got huge this summer' Magette
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
BubbleWoj
@BubbleWoj

Best tweet from that Bubble Woj account lol.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Norm Nixon... I think he burned us for 25 points in the first half the first game he played us after the trade.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

Danny Manning.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
governator wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
BubbleWoj
@BubbleWoj

Best tweet from that Bubble Woj account lol.

haha ya
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
danzag wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Norm Nixon... I think he burned us for 25 points in the first half the first game he played us after the trade.

Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject:

In this video is a little bit of analysis at how offensive mastermind Ty Lue can help the Clippers next season (will be interesting, defensive Vogel vs offensive Ty Lue)

cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
just watched this video of clipper fan after the last game

quite enjoyable

I'm in tears.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
In this video is a little bit of analysis at how offensive mastermind Ty Lue can help the Clippers next season (will be interesting, defensive Vogel vs offensive Ty Lue)

These are great plays indeed. The one thing I heard the Clippers need is a point guard because the plays in the video involved LeBron whether directly or indirectly.

Having a player that can move the ball in these situations will be key and they don’t have anyone on the team that does this that well righT now.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
drae wrote:

These are great plays indeed. The one thing I heard the Clippers need is a point guard because the plays in the video involved LeBron whether directly or indirectly.

Having a player that can move the ball in these situations will be key and they don’t have anyone on the team that does this that well righT now.

Yea, I had to stop when he said "you can imagine Kawhi here" in regards to LeBron making the pass.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Daiei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:34 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:

quite enjoyable

holy crap this was gold.

honestly...why would you put yourself through that stress and depression when you have an amazing franchise in the same city?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:36 am    Post subject:

Daiei wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

quite enjoyable

holy crap this was gold.

honestly...why would you put yourself through that stress and depression when you have an amazing franchise in the same city?

KAH-WHIT!!! Lol that was epic meltdown
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:40 am    Post subject:

Why do we even care what the Clippers do? Good luck to Ty Lue, he was a former Laker role player, and he is a decent coach. But I never wanted him that bad on the Lakers, felt it would be the Lebron Cavs 2.0 and they showed the last few years that they were too defensively challenged. When Luke was our coach I felt the same, the defense just wasn't there. Lue to me is the same, the last few years with the Cavs his teams played little to no defense most of the season.

If Clips win one, great. If they don't, even greater. They are irrelevant. They thought they would one up the Lakers and take over the city during a time where people were speculating that Jeanie and the Lakers post-Dr Buss just couldn't get it right. There was real doubt in some (if not most) Laker fans about Jeanie and this org. So when you had the Clips positioning of a year ago, it gave the Clips a chance to do some damage to the Lakers fanbase.

Mamba passes away, and the entire city unites and remembers the greatness and legacy. Lakers unite and they were already #1 in the West pre-Mamba passing, and then they go win it all quite easily, really, considering we did not even go 7 games once or really ever be in position where we felt a series was out of control. Meaning, they once again show what they're capable. We are the Yankees of the NBA. We do this (bleep), again and again. No more questions.

If the Clippers up and win one, it's good for them. But that's still gonna put them 16 behind. But the fake rivalry can be good motivation for a Lakers potential repeat. I want the Clippers to come at the Lakers again, because it may give the Lakers some extra motivation for next year.

My analysis on them was that while Lue is not different from Doc. I think Doc trusts Lue a ton and has been working (mentoring him) since the Boston run. So Lue and Doc are not all that different, the way I see it. If the Clips wanted changes, they did not make a big one from going to Lue. The other thing is when I saw them play, and I see their current roster. Their main weakness remains. They do not have enough defense in the middle of the court under the basket. Once you can get the ball inside on them, their defense is very easy to break down. Happened all RS to them, and then again, in the playoffs. I don't think Doc was the issue with that team, even though he is very overrated as a coach. I also don't think Lue will be able to solve their main weaknesses. 1) Health of Kawhi 2) Lack of interior play

If Kawhi can regain health, and they make some moves to get their roster more interior based, they can win one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:45 am    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

quite enjoyable

I'm in tears.

OMG this is amazing!
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
cannga11 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

quite enjoyable

I'm in tears.

OMG this is amazing!

It also amazes me how die hard this guy is with the clippers. I mean clippers. LOL.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Why do we even care what the Clippers do?

As I've said elsewhere, it's understandable that this is a hot button for the folks who live in or around LA. They have to deal with Clipper fans and people stirring the pot on talk radio. I respect that. But for those of us outside of the area, it's a little odd to see so much vitriol aimed at the freaking Clippers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 247, 248, 249 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 248 of 439
Jump to: