ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 248, 249, 250 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject:

Sup with the hollier than thou comment fellas? It’s just off-season fun, no need to regulate how other lakers fan celebrate
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject:

The Clippers identity is an elite offense with playmakers on the perimeter and good role-men with their bigs. The problem with this identity is two of their better offensive players, can be exploited defensively to the point where you have to get them off the floor to stop the bleeding. Against majority of the league this is not an issue, but against the very top echelon teams it will be. Until they figure out how to cover up the weak-links in their armor, they will not be a championship team.

It is also the same issues that Milwaukee has. Alot of Milwaukee's players are system players so they look good vs 98% of the league, but when you break them down individually there are a ton of weak-links.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Sup with the hollier than thou comment fellas? It’s just off-season fun, no need to regulate how other lakers fan celebrate

I have more fun watching the Clips game 7 epic choke than our Game 6 Finals clincher. I was so nervous in that game that 30 point lead was like still stressful . It was not until like 3 minutes left that I finally feel relieved . Heat really put up a good fight in that series even though they are overmatch. Clips are more of front runner..
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:59 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:

I have more fun watching the Clips game 7 epic choke than our Game 6 Finals clincher. I was so nervous in that game that 30 point lead was like still stressful . It was not until like 3 minutes left that I finally feel relieved . Heat really put up a good fight in that series even though they are overmatch. Clips are more of front runner..

Haha. Yeah, these games were torture at times.

I bet you enjoy rewatching Game 6 more, though.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi throwing Pat Bev, Jackson, and Lou under the bus?

His telling and urging the clips that he wants a new point guard.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

It's not a radical suggestion. I remember saying on this forum that Clip fans were crying out for a point guard in ... December? Pat Bev is not a point guard, he's a defensive menace. Lou Williams is not a point guard, he's a scorer. And Jackson ... well
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Why do we even care what the Clippers do?

As I've said elsewhere, it's understandable that this is a hot button for the folks who live in or around LA. They have to deal with Clipper fans and people stirring the pot on talk radio. I respect that. But for those of us outside of the area, it's a little odd to see so much vitriol aimed at the freaking Clippers.

There were a lot of white knights on this forum lauding every move the Clippers made and lambasting all the moves the Lakers made. It grew tiresome trying to point out the problems in the Clippers team only to be patronized by folk who were blinded by prejudice. People will therefore have their fun after it all predictably came crashing down.

Same on twitter

Same regarding the media treatment

I'm not aiming vitriol at the Clippers, I think they have a good chance next year, but I understand people feeling like they want to

For example the first 2 minutes here - https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/lockedonlakers?selected=LKN5506313214
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if it got brought up before. But in his Finals MVP speech, LeBron went on about how he worked his butt off so he could be healthy enough to be available to his teammates. Kind of felt like a shot at some part time players with superstar reps.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject:

The Gap is Grand Canyon size!
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject:

At least LA knows what it's like to come back from a 3-1 deficit thanks to the Dodgers.

#BannersOverBillboards
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

It's not a radical suggestion. I remember saying on this forum that Clip fans were crying out for a point guard in ... December? Pat Bev is not a point guard, he's a defensive menace. Lou Williams is not a point guard, he's a scorer. And Jackson ... well

Wasn’t Jackson a monster in OKC?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

CP3?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
drae wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Wasn’t Jackson a monster in OKC?

Reggie? You're thinking of someone else

And he averages 4 assists per game playing 25 minutes. Those aren't point guard numbers, Clippers needed a point guard. He's also pretty bad defensively I think
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

Lol, so the Clipper's owner claims that newly hired Ty Lue is the best coach in the NBA. XD

I guess no one told Ballmer that while he does have a winning record and a champioship as head coach in games Lebron played for him, Ty Lue is also a pathetic 1-7 losing record coaching games where Lebron sat out.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
Lol, so the Clipper's owner claims that newly hired Ty Lue is the best coach in the NBA. XD

I guess no one told Ballmer that while he does have a winning record and a champioship as head coach in games Lebron played for him, Ty Lue is also a pathetic 1-7 losing record coaching games where Lebron sat out.

Wow, Ballmer pronounced Spo's name wrong. Ballmer's such a clown
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject:

COME ON!
GET UP!
If you are as HYPED AS I AM ......

To ....

lose.....

in the WC SF.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject:

From the Clippers subreddit ... also fess up which ex lakersground user is this

Lakers won another title but I'm switching over to Clippers!

For decades, my love for the Lakers blinded me from the fact that Lakers fans are douchebags. In fact, all of my school bullies are Lakers fans, and it was always apparent to me that I never had any positive interaction with any Lakers fans.

In 2010, when the Lakers won their 16th championships, I was walking with a large group of Lakers fans to the stadium to see the Lakers celebration but deep down I never like any of these people. It wouldn't take much for these people to start rioting and burning things. After the celebration was done, there was a large group fighting (no surprise) and I knew it was time for me to leave.

Taking an even closer look, everyone in my family and in-law (my sister's in-law) are all douchebag starting with my own father. Hell, I literally have to drink just to interact with him because of all the pains he caused me, and I dread any interaction with my sister (who used to beat me up).

I didn't become a Lakers fan because they were the better team. I became a Lakers fan because of Eddie Jones and Kobe Bryant and how they kind of look like brother. This was Kobe first year when he was still on the bench and very few knew he would become a superstar.

In 2007, when Kobe threatened to leave the Lakers, I was really hoping he would join the Clippers so I have an excuse to become a Clippers fan instead and watch all the Lakers douchebags melt down! Despite being a Lakers fan my entire life, I watched just as many Clippers game in that timespan so I'm very familiar with the Clippers and have always secretly rooted for them including this year.

I think 2020 is the perfect year to switch over because nothing in 2020 even make sense anymore. Things I thought I knew (Politics/Crimes/Relationships) turn out to all be lies and I'm quite fed up with everything that has been happening so far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LAClippers/comments/jff9hl/lakers_won_another_title_but_im_switching_over_to/
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

For decades, my love for the Lakers blinded me from the fact that Lakers fans are douchebags. In fact, all of my school bullies are Lakers fans, and it was always apparent to me that I never had any positive interaction with any Lakers fans.

In 2010, when the Lakers won their 16th championships, I was walking with a large group of Lakers fans to the stadium to see the Lakers celebration but deep down I never like any of these people. It wouldn't take much for these people to start rioting and burning things. After the celebration was done, there was a large group fighting (no surprise) and I knew it was time for me to leave.

Taking an even closer look, everyone in my family and in-law (my sister's in-law) are all douchebag starting with my own father. Hell, I literally have to drink just to interact with him because of all the pains he caused me, and I dread any interaction with my sister (who used to beat me up).

I didn't become a Lakers fan because they were the better team. I became a Lakers fan because of Eddie Jones and Kobe Bryant and how they kind of look like brother. This was Kobe first year when he was still on the bench and very few knew he would become a superstar.

In 2007, when Kobe threatened to leave the Lakers, I was really hoping he would join the Clippers so I have an excuse to become a Clippers fan instead and watch all the Lakers douchebags melt down! Despite being a Lakers fan my entire life, I watched just as many Clippers game in that timespan so I'm very familiar with the Clippers and have always secretly rooted for them including this year.

I think 2020 is the perfect year to switch over because nothing in 2020 even make sense anymore. Things I thought I knew (Politics/Crimes/Relationships) turn out to all be lies and I'm quite fed up with everything that has been happening so far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LAClippers/comments/jff9hl/lakers_won_another_title_but_im_switching_over_to/

So cringe
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject:

ESPN ranking Clippers at #2 is downright disrespectful to the nuggets and heat smh
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:
drae wrote:

So cringe

Sounds like one of Ballmer’s interns with propaganda.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:
drae wrote:

So cringe

Hahaha I feel sorry for that guy's dad for having such a (bleep) for a son.
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
lordtrapula wrote:
drae wrote:

So cringe

Hahaha I feel sorry for that guy's dad for having such a (bleep) for a son.

ouch
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

Somebody wasn't hugged enough as a child.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:
drae wrote:

So cringe

Oh hey we found out VLF’s reddit name.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/espnlosangeles/status/1319028207992016897?s=21

Good. Excessive load management and making a mockery of the regular season should not be rewarded.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 248, 249, 250 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 249 of 439
Jump to: