ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 283, 284, 285 ... 436, 437, 438  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
MJST wrote:
Our test in the West will be the Clippers. But if we're healthy we'd beat them.
Our test in the East will be the Nets or Celtics.

So if we make and win the Finals, nobody can say that our run was 'tainted' somehow. The Clippers, Celtics and Nets are all legitimate tough matchups. So we'd deserve full credit for overcoming them.

What if we don't end up facing them again

The most possible way for them to face the Lakers is in the 2nd round. I don't think they will reach the WCF.

Same goes for the Nets, I dont think they will enter the finals. I dont see Nets beating the Sixers or the Bucks. The Celtics has a chance though.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:37 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
chantruong wrote:
MJST wrote:

So if we make and win the Finals, nobody can say that our run was 'tainted' somehow. The Clippers, Celtics and Nets are all legitimate tough matchups. So we'd deserve full credit for overcoming them.

The most possible way for them to face the Lakers is in the 2nd round. I don't think they will reach the WCF.

Same goes for the Nets, I dont think they will enter the finals. I dont see Nets beating the Sixers or the Bucks. The Celtics has a chance though.

Hope so too, but I just can't take the Bucks seriously in the playoffs lol
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
leking006 wrote:
chantruong wrote:
MJST wrote:

Me too, but I think Giannis can pummel the Nets inside defense, unlike the Heat. Heat is a bad matchup for Giannis as they have many abled defenders on him. I dont see anyone who can defend Giannis in the Nets specially that they already traded Prince and Allen. Same goes with Embiid, nobody in the Nets team can defend him.

Bucks and Nets are playing next game though, we will see.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:49 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
leking006 wrote:
chantruong wrote:
MJST wrote:

Me too, but I think Giannis can pummel the Nets inside defense, unlike the Heat. Heat is a bad matchup for Giannis as they have many abled defenders on him. I dont see anyone who can defend Giannis in the Nets specially that they already traded Prince and Allen. Same goes with Embiid, nobody in the Nets team can defend him.

Nets would/will smoke Bucks in the playoffs. They match up well on paper (Giannis on KD, Middleton on Harden, Jrue on Kyrie) but eventually the talent will overwhelm Mil.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:24 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
leking006 wrote:
chantruong wrote:
MJST wrote:

Nets would/will smoke Bucks in the playoffs. They match up well on paper (Giannis on KD, Middleton on Harden, Jrue on Kyrie) but eventually the talent will overwhelm Mil.

I wouldnt be sure about that, they dont have anyone in their lineup who can guard Giannis. Giannis can give KD a hard time,same with Middleton and Holiday guarding Kyrie and Harden. Talent with defense is still better than talent in offense alone.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:23 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
2019 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
leking006 wrote:
chantruong wrote:
MJST wrote:

I wouldnt be sure about that, they dont have anyone in their lineup who can guard Giannis. Giannis can give KD a hard time,same with Middleton and Holiday guarding Kyrie and Harden. Talent with defense is still better than talent in offense alone.

Nets will destroy every team's defense and they will win playoff series by that. I won't spend too much time thinking about how they are going to stop Giannis or Butler because that's not how they are going to win games.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:26 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
2019 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
leking006 wrote:
chantruong wrote:
MJST wrote:

Nets will destroy every team's defense and they will win playoff series by that. I won't spend too much time thinking about how they are going to stop Giannis or Butler because that's not how they are going to win games.

BIG NO!!!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
2019 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
leking006 wrote:
chantruong wrote:
MJST wrote:

BIG NO!!!

Yeah, im not buying that at all. The Nets will still be very reliant on outside shooting and even though Durant is about as consistent and stable as a player can be both Harden and Kyrie can get EXTREMELY cold for a game here and there. The Bucks still have great shooting not to mention Giannis who gets to pretty much do whatever he wants, there will be no "walls" like the other elite teams have/can do to him. There defense will obviously on another entire level as well. I wouldn't put money on the Bucks but I def. wouldn't be shocked to see them pull it off either.

The Celtics and especially the 76ers have a very legit chance at beating them as well. I remember when the Suns had "too great of an offense for any defense to overcome" as well. Should ask the head coach and assistant for this Nets team how that worked out.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Pandemic P has been their best player this season, 25 PPG, 90/50/40 shooting. I don’t know if he can keep that up
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Pandemic P has been their best player this season, 25 PPG, 90/50/40 shooting. I don’t know if he can keep that up

Great 12 game spurt...he's playing well. He does that for a season 92/50/51 it will be the greatest shooting season in league history.

#BannersOverBillboards
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject:

If the law of averages is right, which it always is, PG will have a stretch where he shoots below 30% and regresses to the mean for his career. He also tends to start off hot and cool off midseason under any circumstance.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Batum has been a great pick up for the Clippers.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:16 pm    Post subject:

If they get this PG, they are a championship contender.

But just like Harden...it’s all about which PG shows up in the playoffs.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
leking006 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
2019 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
leking006 wrote:
chantruong wrote:
MJST wrote:

BIG NO!!!

Yeah, im not buying that at all. The Nets will still be very reliant on outside shooting and even though Durant is about as consistent and stable as a player can be both Harden and Kyrie can get EXTREMELY cold for a game here and there. The Bucks still have great shooting not to mention Giannis who gets to pretty much do whatever he wants, there will be no "walls" like the other elite teams have/can do to him. There defense will obviously on another entire level as well. I wouldn't put money on the Bucks but I def. wouldn't be shocked to see them pull it off either.

The Celtics and especially the 76ers have a very legit chance at beating them as well. I remember when the Suns had "too great of an offense for any defense to overcome" as well. Should ask the head coach and assistant for this Nets team how that worked out.

Yup, that offense will win them games but it will not win them a series, specially against team who can also score and defend.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
If they get this PG, they are a championship contender.

But just like Harden...it’s all about which PG shows up in the playoffs.

I wont trust PG to keep this up all season long and specially in the playoffs.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
chantruong wrote:
MJST wrote:

This won’t age well.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:17 am    Post subject:

It playoffs began today, Clips likely beat us in a playoff series. I do not think we are playing as well as them, but that was also the case last year at this point of the season. Only in March did we start to showcase that we can beat them, the Bucks and get on that next level. Again in the bubble re-start, we looked like we had no business winning the title, then when we lose game 1 to Portland, boom we start to play on a different level.

This Lakers team has that it-turn on the switch ability. But so far, I have to say the Clips look like a very good playoff team based mostly on Paul George playing at this level.

We have to start beating down some good teams, but at the same time, this is still like our preseason. Once Lebron gets into playoff mode, and AD as well, it will be a different Lakers team, I believe.

Credit to the Clips on 2 moves though - Ibaka and Batum are niche 2-way role players that fit in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:19 am    Post subject:

As a team, the Clippers are shooting 49/44/84 splits. That's absurd
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:42 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
It playoffs began today, Clips likely beat us in a playoff series. I do not think we are playing as well as them, but that was also the case last year at this point of the season. Only in March did we start to showcase that we can beat them, the Bucks and get on that next level. Again in the bubble re-start, we looked like we had no business winning the title, then when we lose game 1 to Portland, boom we start to play on a different level.

This Lakers team has that it-turn on the switch ability. But so far, I have to say the Clips look like a very good playoff team based mostly on Paul George playing at this level.

We have to start beating down some good teams, but at the same time, this is still like our preseason. Once Lebron gets into playoff mode, and AD as well, it will be a different Lakers team, I believe.

Credit to the Clips on 2 moves though - Ibaka and Batum are niche 2-way role players that fit in.

That is if PG will play like that in the playoffs, I will guarantee you, PG and Lou Will will nowhere to be found come playoffs time. Just like whay I've said before playoffs last season when people here are sp scared of the Flippers
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject:

This season’s clippers, other than PG, have not said much and kept their head down. Even Beverly isn’t talking much.

That’s more respectable than what their antics of last season. They are still all about keeping up with the Lakers...I’ve noticed they are blowing out teams after their collapse @GSW.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject:

I have to say, the Clips have a very strong 3PT shooting squad this season, and they do a good job at rotating the rock to find open outside shots. The new pickups and coach seem to be handling their business. We'll see if that holds up.

As for the East Coast, as formidable as the Nets will be, I'm not sleeping on the defense of the Bucks when the playoffs come around.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject:

PG and Kawhi are playing hard every game, just like AD and Lebron did LAST season. Looks like the Clipper learned their lesson, while the Lakers have regressed into that coasting mentality that the Clippers previously engaged in.
It's like the mentality has switched between the two teams.

Not a good prospect for the Lakers repeating...
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
PG and Kawhi are playing hard every game, just like AD and Lebron did LAST season. Looks like the Clipper learned their lesson, while the Lakers have regressed into that coasting mentality that the Clippers previously engaged in.
It's like the mentality has switched between the two teams.

Not a good prospect for the Lakers repeating...

I noticed this too. I guess the same main theme remains...will we see this PG in the playoffs or pandemic P.

But so far, the roles have been reversed. The 2020-21 Lakers are playing like the 2019-20 Clippers.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject:

The Lakers are playing like the defending champs who don't feel a need to prove themselves in the regular season. The Clippers are playing like a team that embarrassed themselves in the playoffs and are using the regular season as redemption. If you were around for any of the previous title defenses, the Lakers approach to the season shouldn't really be alarming.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject:

Lebron and AD only got 70 days off in-between seasons. We all knew this was going to be a challenging season for them. Especially for Lebron who is 36 years old. KL and PG are obviously fresher being they got bounced in the 2nd round and got a lot more time off.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 283, 284, 285 ... 436, 437, 438  Next
Page 284 of 438
Jump to: