ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 440, 441, 442  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Lebron is back for revenge season. Just think he needs someone who can help alleviate some of Clippers ball pressure. I know he thinks he can go 40+ in a playoff game, but even if he’s on the court he needs some ball handling help against a team like the clippers.

That's Rondo and Caruso. We had neither for the opening game

I’d like to have one more. Rondo injury concern and Caruso needs to improve in that area, Beverly would bother him a lot imo.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Looks like we have another optics game @Indiana. Clippers win there on B2B without Kawhi.

B2Bs only count as such if you play an NBA team both nights.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Lebron is back for revenge season. Just think he needs someone who can help alleviate some of Clippers ball pressure. I know he thinks he can go 40+ in a playoff game, but even if he’s on the court he needs some ball handling help against a team like the clippers.

That's Rondo and Caruso. We had neither for the opening game

I’d like to have one more. Rondo injury concern and Caruso needs to improve in that area, Beverly would bother him a lot imo.

Yeah, one more would be nice. I'm currently wondering what's more urgent, ball handler or wing defender.

To be honest though I wonder if THT could fill that ball handler role this season. The kid has some serious handles on him and would like to see him get some minutes to see if he can help in that role. He also has extremely long arms which is good on defense
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Looks like we have another optics game @Indiana. Clippers win there on B2B without Kawhi.

That’s fair

I just don’t like that they won @Indiana without one of their big 2. I guess I have to get over the “what would happen if LBJ or AD were out in same situation?” question going in my head.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

That’s fair

I just don’t like that they won @Indiana without one of their big 2. I guess I have to get over the “what would happen if LBJ or AD were out in same situation?” question going in my head.

They are better built for the 82 game grind (in theory if Kawhi doesn't get worse), but in a 7-game series with them, we could play our superstars 40 minutes a game, as travel isn't a factor.

If the Clippers did the same, it would drastically affect their staggered rotation of their two ball dominant stars (Lou and Kawhi only played 15.8 mins together through their first 18 games, ~ 2 mins over the minimum for two players averaging 31 mins). PG is mostly off-ball this year as is. Their four top scorers average 7 minutes per game together.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

That’s fair

They are better built for the 82 game grind (in theory if Kawhi doesn't get worse), but in a 7-game series with them, we could play our superstars 40 minutes a game, as travel isn't a factor.

If the Clippers did the same, it would drastically affect their staggered rotation of their two ball dominant stars (Lou and Kawhi only played 15.8 mins together through their first 18 games, ~ 2 mins over the minimum for two players averaging 31 mins). PG is mostly off-ball this year as is. Their four top scorers average 7 minutes per game together.

Yup, this is something I was saying in the beginning of the year. PG, Kawhi and especially Lou are all mediocre facilitators at best and are all mostly looking to iso. It works great when you're load managing and staggering there minutes in the regular season. They will still be dangerous obviously to any team in the Playoffs but they'll have to sacrifice individually to let the other two "get theres".

None of those guys match with each other anywhere close to how AD and Lebron mesh because they're two different players that both can reach there heights without really sacrificing anything with Lebron being an elite facilitator and scorer. In the Playoffs the deepness of your bench isn't nearly as important as your main superstars who will be playing the majority of the entire games at that point. That's why great deep regular season teams rarely do much once the playoffs roll around kind of like Denver, i've always considered teams like that "fake contenders". Analysts and everyone else acts like they're a threat but in reality without the legit super star or two on your team you aren't going very far in the playoffs 95% of the time at least.

Lakers def. need one more ball handler as well since Rondo can't be fully counted on with his age and injury history & you see how much it has helped Lebron stay fresh through the 4th quarter over the last week or two. Clippers still don't have anyone and it's going to hurt them in the Playoffs along with there lack of size imo.

Both teams will have at least 1 or 2 new players by the time the Playoffs roll around imo so things could change quite a bit from now to then. It will come down to that and obviously the biggest factor for both teams which will be health.

The Christmas game and the Bucks game will be very interesting to watch how well we play and game plan now that we've had some time to come together as a team.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject:

AD gonna be the X factor in all of this
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:

Because the Clippers have no one that can guard him and AD can completely lock down any single player on the Clippers. If he plays well we win, if he doesn't … it will be close
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

Because the Clippers have no one that can guard him and AD can completely lock down any single player on the Clippers. If he plays well we win, if he doesn't … it will be close

Gotta funny feeling he’s gonna wreck ‘em
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

Both Lebron and AD are going to be out for blood in that game on Christmas especially with how they played opening night and how everyone still brings it up to this day.

I fully expect AD to have one of his best games of the season right along with Lebron.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Indiana clank party.

This might be their best road win. Up there with the Mavs win.

Their best road win was their season opener against us.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
epak wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Indiana clank party.

is that true? i hope so.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Lakers def. need one more ball handler as well since Rondo can't be fully counted on with his age and injury history & you see how much it has helped Lebron stay fresh through the 4th quarter over the last week or two.

Jamal Crawford has hinted he'd be interested, but I'm beginning to wonder if Rob and/or Klutch wants the current dynamic of this team interfered with.

We just weathered 18 games without a guard who played 28 minutes per game, and our record was 16-2 without him. Adding another guard would eat into our guard rotation's minutes. Adding a forward would mean benching Kuzma for all but token minutes.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
epak wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Indiana clank party.

is that true? i hope so.

They traveled far at the time.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Yep, there sure is....about 3.5 games....and 4 fewer losses.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
hype wrote:
Lakers def. need one more ball handler as well since Rondo can't be fully counted on with his age and injury history & you see how much it has helped Lebron stay fresh through the 4th quarter over the last week or two.

Jamal Crawford has hinted he'd be interested, but I'm beginning to wonder if Rob and/or Klutch wants the current dynamic of this team interfered with.

We just weathered 18 games without a guard who played 28 minutes per game, and our record was 16-2 without him. Adding another guard would eat into our guard rotation's minutes. Adding a forward would mean benching Kuzma for all but token minutes.

I think the smart thing is def. just to stay pat and not risk messing anything up. It's still far from being a huge problem imo. I'm sure they will wait until much later in the season and see who gets bought out and if they can hit on any small trades maybe available once teams start to fold for the season.

I used to love Crawford but he's turning 40 this season and has had diminishing numbers over the last 3-4 years at least so I don't think he's really a fit anymore. I'd rather just those minutes go to current guys. Someone like Iggy is an absolute game changer obviously but who knows what happens there.

I hope the Clippers don't find a solid PG that can open up the offense for there top 3 guys more so then being worried about the Lakers picking anyone up.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject:

Since real finals will be the WCF, this will be the first time in history that one team has 7 home games in a 7 game series. Clippers better get used to playing in the road amongst loud boos.

And where are all those laker “fans” claiming AD isn’t all that dominant or his game isn’t impressive these days? They were gushing over clippers while blasting AD. They seem to hide from this thread.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
Since real finals will be the WCF, this will be the first time in history that one team has 7 home games in a 7 game series. Clippers better get used to playing in the road amongst loud boos.

And where are all those laker “fans” claiming AD isn’t all that dominant or his game isn’t impressive these days? They were gushing over clippers while blasting AD. They seem to hide from this thread.

Bucks on a 15 game win streak with the probable MVP getting better by the day, it seems. Assuming they are less of a threat to us than the overrated Clippers is naive.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

The only relevant team that the Pacers defeated were the Jazz. They lost against Rockets, Bucks, 76ers and Clippers. Yeah, they are strong at home, but that's because they played lottery teams and even struggled against some of them like the Hawks.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
The only relevant team that the Pacers defeated were the Jazz. They lost against Rockets, Bucks, 76ers and Clippers. Yeah, they are strong at home, but that's because they played lottery teams and even struggled against some of them like the Hawks.

Very true.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

For some odd reason, the Pacers were missing a ton of wide open uncontested shots. I've noticed that about teams that play the clippers. They tend to miss shots that they usually make. The clips win against the Pacers was lucky, on their part.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

Both Lebron and AD are going to be out for blood in that game on Christmas especially with how they played opening night and how everyone still brings it up to this day.

I fully expect AD to have one of his best games of the season right along with Lebron.

As long as the other Lakers contribute. I don't like to lean too much on one player (AD or Lebron).
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:

Bucks on a 15 game win streak with the probable MVP getting better by the day, it seems. Assuming they are less of a threat to us than the overrated Clippers is naive.

I will go on the record and say that LeBron and AD will punk the Bucks and Giannis if they meet in the Finals. It will not be close (4-0 or 4-1). The real test is the WCF against the Clippers. Bucks may not make it out of the ECF with the Sixers and Boston still dangerous, and they would not be top 3 in the West. We will see the Bucks in 9 days, so let's see how they do against us.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:

I will go on the record and say that LeBron and AD will punk the Bucks and Giannis if they meet in the Finals. It will not be close (4-0 or 4-1). The real test is the WCF against the Clippers. Bucks may not make it out of the ECF with the Sixers and Boston still dangerous, and they would not be top 3 in the West. We will see the Bucks in 9 days, so let's see how they do against us.

I also don’t trust the Bucks. I think the Raptors exploited them last season and until he wins coach Bud will be questioned similarly to D’Antoni.

If I had to rank with respect to Lakers:

Biggest threat in West and overall - Clippers
Most likely to come out of East - 1. Celtics 2. Sixers 3. Bucks
Most likely to upset Clippers or Lakers - Houston (if they get hot from 3 and Harden gets an unusual amount of calls in the playoffs).

This could change with trades/buyouts, but currently this is what it looks like to me.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:

Could not disagree more. It will not be easy
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 440, 441, 442  Next
Page 74 of 442
Jump to: