ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 440, 441, 442  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Seems like the gap changes based on whether the lakers and clippers lose or win their respective games. Overall I still think the lakers maintain an edge because James and Davis are simply better than Kawhi and George, specially in a series.

I agree. But then you add in Lou/Trez who are Lakers killers. Those two I fear more.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Seems like the gap changes based on whether the lakers and clippers lose or win their respective games. Overall I still think the lakers maintain an edge because James and Davis are simply better than Kawhi and George, specially in a series.

I agree. But then you add in Lou/Trez who are Lakers killers. Those two I fear more.

Ok, however the lakers have a number of reliable scorers now as well, Green, Bradley, Kcp, Cook, Kuzma, Daniels, even Dudley, if one or two are off, there’s always one or two others who are hitting their shots - every game. I didn’t even mention Caruso. And Almost everyone is playing good perimeter D.

Then you have defensive anchors like McGee and Howard, that’s a lot available to counter their supporting cast.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

It seems like a series would likely turn on 2 things:
1) Can McGee and Howard defend Trez? McGee didn't show well in the 1st game of the season, and Howard wasn't ready yet.

2) Will Lou get as much love from the refs in the playoffs?

The Clips are built to score from the perimeter where we are weaker, so hot shooting can win them games.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Ok, however the lakers have a number of reliable scorers now as well, Green, Bradley, Kcp, Cook, Kuzma, Daniels, even Dudley, if one or two are off, there’s always one or two others who are hitting their shots - every game. I didn’t even mention Caruso. And Almost everyone is playing good perimeter D.

Then you have defensive anchors like McGee and Howard, that’s a lot available to counter their supporting cast.

And the Clips have all of that as well. Harkless, Shamet and Patterson and JaMychal Green all can hit open shots when called upon. And the Clips perimeter defense is better than ours.

It's a dead even matchup at best. They might even have the edge
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Goldenwest wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

And the Clips have all of that as well. Harkless, Shamet and Patterson and JaMychal Green all can hit open shots when called upon. And the Clips perimeter defense is better than ours.

Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Goldenwest wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

We're gonna emerge victorious on Christmas Day.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

I rather worry about defending Trez and Lou than defending LBJ and AD tbh. Bring it on Flippers.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
We're gonna emerge victorious on Christmas Day.

13 more days

till the tears
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Anybody else with me that this comparison is VERY similar to 2000 Lakers and Trailblazers?

Two top 5 talents (maybe top 2 that year) against a VERY good VERY deep team. In the end, the top two outweighed the depth. IDK.....seems super familiar.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

scottpot29 wrote:
Anybody else with me that this comparison is VERY similar to 2000 Lakers and Trailblazers?

Two top 5 talents (maybe top 2 that year) against a VERY good VERY deep team. In the end, the top two outweighed the depth. IDK.....seems super familiar.

Those Blazers didn't have an MVP level guy and a near MVP level guy on those squads, though.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

scottpot29 wrote:

I agree.. though Bron today is better than 2000 Kobe (I hope no-one kills me for saying this) and AD can pretty much play Shaq to a draw (thanks to the edge in Free Throws, and Treys)

I'd also like to add:

ESPN can kiss my "gap"!!
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
scottpot29 wrote:

I agree.. though Bron today is better than 2000 Kobe (I hope no-one kills me for saying this) and AD can pretty much play Shaq to a draw (thanks to the edge in Free Throws, and Treys)

I'd also like to add:

ESPN can kiss my "gap"!!

ESPN can always get bent
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

scottpot29 wrote:

So Kawhi is Pippen and PG is Steve Smith? Blazers had many good soldiers, but no leader. That's why they lost Game 7. Clippers are even more dangerous imo. Better Coach, better no.1 and 2 options, comparable depth. Lakers have to bring their A-game.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

You forgot to mention Zubac and their interior D. Oh yeah, cause they have none.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

I've studied every Clipper game this year. They are not hard to figure out:

1) they get the bulk of their scoring from PG . If he is hitting on 3 point range, he's locked in and is hard to stop. If he's not, he's off his game.

2) KL does most of his damage from mid range.

3). They use their centers for pick and rolls extensively

4) Trez is very active inside.

5) Sweet Lou gets his offense from teardrops and fades to his left

6). The Clippers have a bunch of low volume, but very accurate 3 point shooters

7). The have no real shot blockers, but they are good at lane clogging and opportunistic steals.

How to beat them?

1) Clips are vulnerable to our bigs. Zubac is limited in skill and Trez is undersized.

2) We must match their 3 point shooting. So, if the likes of KCP, Daniels, and our other 3 point shooters are hitting, then we can likely outpace them from attacking them in the paint.

3) Nobody on that Clipper team can stop Lebron or AD, so they must be on their games.

4) Lakers have better shot blockers than the Clips. We cannot leave Clipper 3 point shooters unguarded.

5) We need a bigger, long player with a good BB IQ to stop Sweet Lou.

6) We have the better depth.

If both teams are playing their A games, I see the Lakers winning a 7 game series simply because they cannot stop our bigs.

Key Players on the Lakers: Dwight will have to contain Trez. Caruso or somebody will have to body-up Sweet Lou. Kuz will have to improve his defense and watch their 3 point shooting forwards. AD will have to dominate like he is capable of, and Lebron cannot choke.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

more like Shaqobe vs heatles
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

We're going to be going hard for the no.1 seed. Not only will that make qualifying easier but it also makes the series for the Clippers harder and longer. Putting more stress on Kawhi's quad.

The harder you can make the Clippers have to fight in the Playoffs, the easier that series will be for us.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
We're going to be going hard for the no.1 seed. Not only will that make qualifying easier but it also makes the series for the Clippers harder and longer. Putting more stress on Kawhi's quad.

The harder you can make the Clippers have to fight in the Playoffs, the easier that series will be for us.

What? Qualifying for what? The WC-Finals? What are you talking about? How does it make a difference if the Clippers finish 2nd instead of 1st? You think the 7th seed is that much tougher to play against than the 8th seed? You think the 3rd seed is that much tougher to play against than the 4th seed?
Why are you afraid of the Clippers anyway? If we can't beat a healthy Kawhi with homecourt-advantage (that we already have) we don't deserve the title, simple as that.
I hope both teams will meet at full strength in the WCF and the Lakers win because they are better, not because Kawhi tore his quad. I don't want the Lakers to luck into a tainted title, I want them to pay the iron price.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
I hope both teams will meet at full strength in the WCF and the Lakers win because they are better, not because Kawhi tore his quad. I don't want the Lakers to luck into a tainted title, I want them to pay the iron price.

If both teams meet in the WCF then they won't be at full strength, because Kawhi won't be at full strength. Which means an easier win.

Why is it important for us to finish 1st? Because it increases the chances of us meeting the Clippers in the WCF, at which point Kawhi will be getting hobbled. And if the Clippers don't finish 2nd, well that means a harder schedule which means more pressure on Kawhi's quad, or more road games which Clippers don't like.

A non-tainted title … with Durant and the whole of GSW injured. Lol, okay.

I'm looking forward to Clipper fans understanding exactly who they got come Finals time.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

I've been covering the #Lakers for quite some time now as a credentialed media (since 2011). One remarkable thing about this season compared to all the others: NO DRAMA

25 games into 2019-20 w/ no drama, no BS, no real trade speculation... Just wins. This yr is just DIFFERENT.

https://twitter.com/RyanWardLA/status/1205230588887650304
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Good point. But on their journey to the finals I still want them to be tested by one exceptional team at least, and that would be the Clippers I guess. No injuries, no excuses. But you might be right that a halfway healthy Kawhi at the WCF-stage is somewhat of a pipe-dream. I just feel that the Lakers could take the Clippers even at full strength, and I'd really like to see that.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
drae wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Good point. But on their journey to the finals I still want them to be tested by one exceptional team at least, and that would be the Clippers I guess. No injuries, no excuses. But you might be right that a halfway healthy Kawhi at the WCF-stage is somewhat of a pipe-dream. I just feel that the Lakers could take the Clippers even at full strength, and I'd really like to see that.

The Bucks are better than the Clippers. The Clippers can't stop the Bucks and can't stop Giannis.

Lakers vs the 2 time reigning MVP, there's your exceptional matchup
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
I've been covering the #Lakers for quite some time now as a credentialed media (since 2011). One remarkable thing about this season compared to all the others: NO DRAMA

25 games into 2019-20 w/ no drama, no BS, no real trade speculation... Just wins. This yr is just DIFFERENT.

https://twitter.com/RyanWardLA/status/1205230588887650304

Crazy to think that a little more than half a year ago this franchise was in complete shambles, missing the playoffs with LeBron and having their president step down in an impromptu news-conference before the season-finale. What a difference AD makes.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
drae wrote:
Carushow wrote:

Dude. Stop it. You are not and never were a Lakers fan. You're an under cover Clippers' fan trying to create a presence on this board for whatever reason . . . AND EVERYONE HERE KNOWS IT.

You might as well come out of the closet - there are plenty of open non-Lakers fans on LG. Dreamshake, PhillyDoc, VLF, etc.

LG is like California. We welcome everyone.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 440, 441, 442  Next
Page 76 of 442
Jump to: