ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 440, 441, 442  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
drae wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
i promise its a fine line difference between being a die hard fan and a delusional one.

Another ad hominem

you as well bro

I should try this too, it looks like fun:

One day you should post your delusional, Clipper fan boy stuff on your actual account instead of hiding behind an alt
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
drae wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
i promise its a fine line difference between being a die hard fan and a delusional one.

Another ad hominem

you as well bro

I should try this too, it looks like fun:

One day you should post your delusional, Clipper fan boy stuff on your actual account instead of hiding behind an alt

ad hominem.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject:

nothing about what ive said suggests me being a clippers fan lmao
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject:

I mean, it takes a certain amount of delusion in a Clipper bandwagoner to come onto a Laker forum just to defend your boy. I mean, how concerned as a fan would you have to be? I'd say fairly concerned. Scared even.

But we are the mighty Lakers so I suppose it is only natural for other fans to be scared when Dudley snarls at them. "Come at me, bro" Dudley says. "OH MY GOD, NOT HIM" all our opponents squeal while they run back up the tunnel. That sort of behavior would in turn infect all their fans and this is what we Laker fans have to deal with when talking with other clubs fans. This sort of softness infecting other fandoms is a trial sometimes.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject:

What’s the over/under on how many pages these two are gonna go at it? I’ll set it at 5.

Over.

drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
What’s the over/under on how many pages these two are gonna go at it? I’ll set it at 5.

Over.

The game's on in a few hours

Under
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
drae wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
its weird cus kawhi still seems to dominate especially against us, and i dont hear everyone talking about this 24/7 like you do... seems like wishful thinking rn. i guess we'll see if ur right when the postseason comes around

Kawhi dominates against us?

He does get up for us, no doubt. He plays his best games against us, and he plays his hardest against us, and he scores ... a touch more than 30 points?

Okay . We play the Rockets and we'll have to be careful of Harden going for 50, but Kawhi looks elite because if we're not on the ball he goes for ... 30

I'll take that

yea well his scoring and shooting is significantly higher against us compared to his season averages so id say that could be considered pretty dominant right. if hes scoring 6+ more pts and shooting 50+% against us vs 26ppg and the 46%fg on the season that you love to mention 24/7.

He takes off the game before us to rest and then sucks the game after. Won't be able to do that in the playoffs.

Mamba81 wrote:
im a laker fan at the end of the day so im hoping that youll end up being right when you say he'll fall apart and become trash in the postseason but i wouldnt bet on it.

Looking at your join date and post history, at best that is a matter of opinion.

this coming from the dude that said other day you wanted a thug on the team, and pointed to kenneth faried as an option. i definitely cant take you seriously

I'm absolutely serious. Not a criminal, but a basketball thug.

A Charles Oakley/Maurice Lucas/Ron Artest who will set a hard screen with a little extra on it when necessary, commit a hard foul to send a message when the other team is playing dirty and a guy who will win the fight in the locker room tunnel after the game.

Since you're such a Lakers fan, you'll appreciate this:

That's what I want on this team.

Agreed. Which is why, as much as Pat Bev annoys me, I wish we had someone like him. I guess this is why I favor Rondo, as he is the only one that comes close.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

Over.

The game's on in a few hours

Under

No fair! You can’t wager! You have insider information!
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject:

yea now ur just deflecting and either missed my whole point from my first response to you or you know ive called a spade a spade. or in ur mind an ad hominem lmao. this was never about the clippers or kawhi even at that. i used kawhi as an example of how extremely bias you are to the lakers. im a laker fan thru and thru out. never once said anything bigging the clippers up. 90% of the time i refer to them as the flippers. it bothers me when ppl refer to them as the clips even. they aint even worthy of a nickname in my book. i hate kawhi and them, but that doesnt stop me from thinking without complete laker bias. unlike you. ad hominem.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject:

i know im bout to get banned and frankly dont even care. this dude drae is such a delusional homer its annoying af. nobody likes that (bleep) even when its a fan of ur own team!!!
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
drae wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
its weird cus kawhi still seems to dominate especially against us, and i dont hear everyone talking about this 24/7 like you do... seems like wishful thinking rn. i guess we'll see if ur right when the postseason comes around

He does get up for us, no doubt. He plays his best games against us, and he plays his hardest against us, and he scores ... a touch more than 30 points?

Okay . We play the Rockets and we'll have to be careful of Harden going for 50, but Kawhi looks elite because if we're not on the ball he goes for ... 30

I'll take that

yea well his scoring and shooting is significantly higher against us compared to his season averages so id say that could be considered pretty dominant right. if hes scoring 6+ more pts and shooting 50+% against us vs 26ppg and the 46%fg on the season that you love to mention 24/7.

He takes off the game before us to rest and then sucks the game after. Won't be able to do that in the playoffs.

Mamba81 wrote:
im a laker fan at the end of the day so im hoping that youll end up being right when you say he'll fall apart and become trash in the postseason but i wouldnt bet on it.

Looking at your join date and post history, at best that is a matter of opinion.

this coming from the dude that said other day you wanted a thug on the team, and pointed to kenneth faried as an option. i definitely cant take you seriously

A Charles Oakley/Maurice Lucas/Ron Artest who will set a hard screen with a little extra on it when necessary, commit a hard foul to send a message when the other team is playing dirty and a guy who will win the fight in the locker room tunnel after the game.

Agreed. Which is why, as much as Pat Bev annoys me, I wish we had someone like him. I guess this is why I favor Rondo, as he is the only one that comes close.

QFT. And I HATE Pat Bev.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject:

I think that Christmas' match was more a Lakers loss than a Clippers win. The refs also helped a bit but it wasn't normal how we missed so open shoots.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
troy wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
drae wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

I'll take that

Mamba81 wrote:

QFT. And I HATE Pat Bev.

yea but for future reference you really shouldnt refer to a black basketball player as a thug. makes you look like a closet racist. theres many other ways you coulda described a player like faried. everyone else might tolerate that but as a man thats half black i wont.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
i know im bout to get banned and frankly dont even care. this dude drae is such a delusional homer its annoying af. nobody likes that (bleep) even when its a fan of ur own team!!!

nobody likes straight up haters...be we have a few of those around here too.

Oh well...off into the banning you must go I guess. Hope you find your way back.

#BannersOverBillboards
sebadoh128
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
troy wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
drae wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

I'll take that

Mamba81 wrote:

QFT. And I HATE Pat Bev.

yea but for future reference you really shouldnt refer to a black basketball player as a thug. makes you look like a closet racist. theres many other ways you coulda described a player like faried. everyone else might tolerate that but as a man thats half black i wont.

What about Frank Brickowski, can I refer to him as a thug?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
troy wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
drae wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

I'll take that

Mamba81 wrote:

QFT. And I HATE Pat Bev.

I'm 100% Black. I'm so black that I was born colored, migrated through negro and African American and have arrived at Person of Color.

The players that I labeled as thugs were black BECAUSE DAMNED NEAR 90% OF THE LEAGUE IS BLACK.

But if you look at hoops history, the concept of basketball thugs started at all white, Catholic colleges in the 1940s, was brought to the NBA by a couple of white and Jewish guys and has a storied tradition in basketball lore.

Having said that - we need a basketball thug.
Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Free throw shooting - that's where I see a big gap.
3 point shooting - edge to the Clippers, but on any given night...
Home court advantage - Lakers

Lots of tough teams in the West, so certainly not a given that we will face them in 2nd round or WCF. I'm looking forward to the next matchup on Jan. 29
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Paul George keeps lying like the internet didn’t exist 6 months ago.

https://twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/status/1217490200324005888

Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:05 am    Post subject:

Closer - we do not have a good closer, whereas LAC has a few of them in Kawhi, PG13, and Lou. All of them shoot well from the FT line.

Metro2Staples wrote:
Free throw shooting - that's where I see a big gap.
3 point shooting - edge to the Clippers, but on any given night...
Home court advantage - Lakers
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Paul George keeps lying like the internet didn’t exist 6 months ago.

https://twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/status/1217490200324005888

Wait so George was a Laker fan as a child?

I think he said in his introduction interview he was a clipper fan
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:33 am    Post subject:

lakers have exceeded expectations.

Clippers have fallen short.

The story of the first half of the season. Let’s see what happens in the 2nd half and in the playoffs. Go lakers.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
@NotoriousOHM

Paul George (left hamstring strain) remains out and will not play Saturday at New Orleans. Maurice Harkless (lower back) is questionable.

This is the game to have New Orleans BIs.
J
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:

Nah his posts always trashing the Clippers and their players are entertaining.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject:

J wrote:

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject:

J wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

Yep.
If I had a choice, I'd rather Dr. Ae trash the clippers, as opposed to trashing our own team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 440, 441, 442  Next
Page 134 of 442
Jump to: