ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 161, 162, 163 ... 175, 176, 177  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 13297

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
How badly do the Clippers regret the Paul George trade? That trade will haunt them for a long long time.


Danilo Gallinari - 19/6/2, 40% 3-pt
Shai Gilgeous Alexander - 19/6/3

#1 in 2021 (Miami's unprotected)
#1 in 2022
#1 in 2024
#1 in 2026

Plus right to swap #1s in 2023 and 2025.


I love it.
And then Kawhi leaves in his option year cuz he realizes PG can't be counted on.


And if they don't win it all this year . . .

Blew the 2020 #1 on Marcus Morris, who can walk away
Tossed a useful Mo Harkless in the same deal.
Gave the Knicks the right to swap 2021 #1 picks
Blew the 2021 #2 on Morris
_________________
Ceteris paribus, Donald Trump should be in the Federal Prison Camp, Pensacola, serving out his sentence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2680

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Five game gap now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sebadoh128
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 405

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
How badly do the Clippers regret the Paul George trade? That trade will haunt them for a long long time.


Danilo Gallinari - 19/6/2, 40% 3-pt
Shai Gilgeous Alexander - 19/6/3

#1 in 2021 (Miami's unprotected)
#1 in 2022
#1 in 2024
#1 in 2026

Plus right to swap #1s in 2023 and 2025.


I love it.
And then Kawhi leaves in his option year cuz he realizes PG can't be counted on.


And if they don't win it all this year . . .

Blew the 2020 #1 on Marcus Morris, who can walk away
Tossed a useful Mo Harkless in the same deal.
Gave the Knicks the right to swap 2021 #1 picks
Blew the 2021 #2 on Morris


The Clippers are load managing their scouts for the next 6 draft cycles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 13297

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:22 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
drae wrote:
hype wrote:
Just one game but he just simply does not look nowhere near what he did even last year around this time.


Yep. It's clear to anyone who watched Kawhi play these past two years that he's not the same guy


It's hilarious when people disagree with you guys on this.
He doesn't look right. But he still turns it on on offensive plays, maybe it's less noticeable.


Looks like he's putting all of his energy into offense and leaving the tough defensive assignments to PatBev & PG.

Not a poor strategy, but he doesn't have the same combo of wing defenders and big bodies that he had in Toronto.

Unasked question . . .

Raptors played .707 basketball (58 wins) with Kawhi last year.
Raptors are playing .727 basketball (60 win pace) without Kawhi this year.

_________________
Ceteris paribus, Donald Trump should be in the Federal Prison Camp, Pensacola, serving out his sentence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Oct 2007
Posts: 15148

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:05 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
epic_ wrote:
drae wrote:
hype wrote:
Just one game but he just simply does not look nowhere near what he did even last year around this time.


Yep. It's clear to anyone who watched Kawhi play these past two years that he's not the same guy


It's hilarious when people disagree with you guys on this.
He doesn't look right. But he still turns it on on offensive plays, maybe it's less noticeable.


Looks like he's putting all of his energy into offense and leaving the tough defensive assignments to PatBev & PG.

Not a poor strategy, but he doesn't have the same combo of wing defenders and big bodies that he had in Toronto.

Unasked question . . .

Raptors played .707 basketball (58 wins) with Kawhi last year.
Raptors are playing .727 basketball (60 win pace) without Kawhi this year.

Raptors are real with or without Kahwi.
What if they meet in the finals this year and Raptors prevail...
_________________
Kobe's Top 5 Dunks, 81 points, MJ last gm @Staples
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 11404

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:12 am    Post subject:

This move was nasty AF

https://streamable.com/d7h0s
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 11404

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:28 am    Post subject:

Kendrick Perkins is corny AF

Wiley u gotta be Marcus SMARTer than that bro. U can’t bet against the C’s in the Boston Gawden. Tatum cooked Kawhi just like that steak dinner u owe me. WELL DONE!!!
@marcelluswiley


https://twitter.com/kendrickperkins/status/1228171292148301824
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 882

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:16 am    Post subject:

My thoughts on rooting Celtics vs Clippers are quite simple.

I do not like the Celtics but I respect them.

I just don't like the Clippers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 11404

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:52 am    Post subject:

Kawhi took one shot in the second overtime. PG was out and he somehow still was the third option behind Lou & Trez.

https://twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/status/1228176243457060864
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 10672
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:07 am    Post subject:

Kawhi on Shaqtin a Fool lol. Elite defense, (bleep): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI2XIYadz1c
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ShowtimeReturns
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Oct 2017
Posts: 956

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:44 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
How badly do the Clippers regret the Paul George trade? That trade will haunt them for a long long time.


Danilo Gallinari - 19/6/2, 40% 3-pt
Shai Gilgeous Alexander - 19/6/3

#1 in 2021 (Miami's unprotected)
#1 in 2022
#1 in 2024
#1 in 2026

Plus right to swap #1s in 2023 and 2025.


I love it.
And then Kawhi leaves in his option year cuz he realizes PG can't be counted on.


And if they don't win it all this year . . .

Blew the 2020 #1 on Marcus Morris, who can walk away
Tossed a useful Mo Harkless in the same deal.
Gave the Knicks the right to swap 2021 #1 picks
Blew the 2021 #2 on Morris

On top of all that PG can't stay healthy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 17243
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:20 am    Post subject:

How delicious it is to see the Clippers getting exposed.

1-3 since the Morris trade.

The Clippers are in a much worse situation than the Lakers if they can't win a championship this year or the next.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 4844

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:18 am    Post subject:

Our resident paper CLips nut hugging brethren........CRICKETS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 3717

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:45 am    Post subject:

I don’t like the Clippers but you don’t get Kawhi without them trading for PG. So if you want to talk about who they got, you need to include the Kawhi FA signing. I don’t like how it went down either.
_________________
Formerly OC Lakerfan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 39133

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:58 am    Post subject:

Rule #1 - BUCK FOSTON & EVERYONE else.

It was an entertaining game but I did not and could not pull for either team.
It was a good "barometer" for both teams under pressure. I'm sure our coaches will use the intel gleaned from this game to be better prepared in the future.

Too bad someone actually had to win; a Bill Murray " Ground Hog Day" of events would have been ideal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 9348
Location: LA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject:

The Clippers starters are still undefeated when they don't lose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 5974

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Rule #1 - BUCK FOSTON & EVERYONE else.

It was an entertaining game but I did not and could not pull for either team.
It was a good "barometer" for both teams under pressure. I'm sure our coaches will use the intel gleaned from this game to be better prepared in the future.

Too bad someone actually had to win; a Bill Murray " Ground Hog Day" of events would have been ideal.


makes absolutely no sense at all. i'm in my mid-40s, so yeah i had tasted the laker celtic bitter rivalry of the 80s when i grew up. but just let it go man, these two teams are in different conferences, during regular season i'd root for the Celtics every time they play one of the teams chasing or being chased by the lakers in standing. i just don't get it, clippers is our no. 1 enemy right now, it's not even close.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 2216

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Rule #1 - BUCK FOSTON & EVERYONE else.

It was an entertaining game but I did not and could not pull for either team.
It was a good "barometer" for both teams under pressure. I'm sure our coaches will use the intel gleaned from this game to be better prepared in the future.

Too bad someone actually had to win; a Bill Murray " Ground Hog Day" of events would have been ideal.


Pretty much how i felt. I appreciated a few plays like the Tatum fadeaway in either OT or 2OT and Kemba's 3 that almost left his defender on the ground. Other than that, i was mainly hoping for ejections while being happy the game went to 2OT to help wear out both teams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 13 Dec 2019
Posts: 964

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Rule #1 - BUCK FOSTON & EVERYONE else.

It was an entertaining game but I did not and could not pull for either team.
It was a good "barometer" for both teams under pressure. I'm sure our coaches will use the intel gleaned from this game to be better prepared in the future.

Too bad someone actually had to win; a Bill Murray " Ground Hog Day" of events would have been ideal.


makes absolutely no sense at all. i'm in my mid-40s, so yeah i had tasted the laker celtic bitter rivalry of the 80s when i grew up. but just let it go man, these two teams are in different conferences, during regular season i'd root for the Celtics every time they play one of the teams chasing or being chased by the lakers in standing. i just don't get it, clippers is our no. 1 enemy right now, it's not even close.


I respectfully disagree. Im with pio on this. As long as they got the one up on us in ring count...(bleep) em! Jerry Buss rolling around on his cloud right now with all this noise.

I respect both teams’ FOs (Ainge is still an ass tho) cause they don’t needlessly throw away assets. I understand why some would choose to be fans of some of their players. But as teams & collectives...(bleep) both of them! In this (bleep) up reality that had Kobe taken away way too soon, these two teams in the Finals is something we can’t allow to happen. We just can’t! That would be the worst! A close second, is if we make it to the Finals and lose to those green MFers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 5974

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Rule #1 - BUCK FOSTON & EVERYONE else.

It was an entertaining game but I did not and could not pull for either team.
It was a good "barometer" for both teams under pressure. I'm sure our coaches will use the intel gleaned from this game to be better prepared in the future.

Too bad someone actually had to win; a Bill Murray " Ground Hog Day" of events would have been ideal.


makes absolutely no sense at all. i'm in my mid-40s, so yeah i had tasted the laker celtic bitter rivalry of the 80s when i grew up. but just let it go man, these two teams are in different conferences, during regular season i'd root for the Celtics every time they play one of the teams chasing or being chased by the lakers in standing. i just don't get it, clippers is our no. 1 enemy right now, it's not even close.


I respectfully disagree. Im with pio on this. As long as they got the one up on us in ring count...(bleep) em! Jerry Buss rolling around on his cloud right now with all this noise.

I respect both teams’ FOs (Ainge is still an ass tho) cause they don’t needlessly throw away assets. I understand why some would choose to be fans of some of their players. But as teams & collectives...(bleep) both of them! In this (bleep) up reality that had Kobe taken away way too soon, these two teams in the Finals is something we can’t allow to happen. We just can’t! That would be the worst! A close second, is if we make it to the Finals and lose to those green MFers.


one of the reasons i don't think that way is, if Boston wins it all, their fans just gonna celebrate the win instead of trash talk the Lakers, and their are REAL celtic fans, not like the fake bandwagon clipper "fans" out there.

and also the Celtic franchise has been very respectful of the Lakers organization throughout the years. the only celtic teams i hate are the ones coached by doc rivers (you see the common denominator there). on the other hand, Clippers are doing whatever possible to irritate the Lakers and their fans. from covering up the banner, going after all players Lakers are rumored to be after just for despise, etc. i just can't stand the clippers wins it all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 136447
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
How badly do the Clippers regret the Paul George trade? That trade will haunt them for a long long time.


How badly do we regret drafting Lonzo instead of Tatum? Very badly.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
focus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2012
Posts: 1856

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
How badly do the Clippers regret the Paul George trade? That trade will haunt them for a long long time.


How badly do we regret drafting Lonzo instead of Tatum? Very badly.
Was thinking the same watching this guy last night. The facts are plain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SPO200
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Jun 2018
Posts: 477

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject:

What is happening with PG? His worst season since 2013 and always injured, not just load managing like Kawhi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 13297

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
How badly do the Clippers regret the Paul George trade? That trade will haunt them for a long long time.


How badly do we regret drafting Lonzo instead of Tatum? Very badly.


Depends on whether or not you'd have included Tatum in an AD trade.

BI+Tatum+Hart and the 2019#1 (since it likely would've fallen much lower than #4), but retaining the future picks?

I'd still do that.
_________________
Ceteris paribus, Donald Trump should be in the Federal Prison Camp, Pensacola, serving out his sentence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
markjay
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Feb 2006
Posts: 3468
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Rule #1 - BUCK FOSTON & EVERYONE else.

It was an entertaining game but I did not and could not pull for either team.
It was a good "barometer" for both teams under pressure. I'm sure our coaches will use the intel gleaned from this game to be better prepared in the future.

Too bad someone actually had to win; a Bill Murray " Ground Hog Day" of events would have been ideal.


I am about to turn 66. I've been a Lakers fan since the early 1960s. I saw the Bill Russell Celts stomp on my Lakers year after year, the 1980s Magic-Bird rivalry, and the epic 2008 and 2010 finals.

Yet somehow, shockingly, I feel my Celtic hate draining away. I have a hard time rooting against players like Jayson Tatum and Marcus Smart, at least when they are not playing the Lakers. And yes, a bit ashamed to admit it, but I was cheering them on last night.

I'm definitely experiencing cognitive dissonance!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 161, 162, 163 ... 175, 176, 177  Next
Page 162 of 177
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB