ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 175, 176, 177  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Posts: 1863

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
Five game gap now.



6 in the loss coolumn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 364

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject:

I detest Aingle. I loathe McHale. I can't stand Pierce. Pretty much anything that has touched the Celtics I dislike, the only exceptions being those Celtics that later became Lakers.
Well OK, I don't mind Bird because of his friendship with Magic.

vasashi17+ wrote:


I respectfully disagree. Im with pio on this. As long as they got the one up on us in ring count...(bleep) em! Jerry Buss rolling around on his cloud right now with all this noise.

I respect both teams’ FOs (Ainge is still an ass tho) cause they don’t needlessly throw away assets. I understand why some would choose to be fans of some of their players. But as teams & collectives...(bleep) both of them! In this (bleep) up reality that had Kobe taken away way too soon, these two teams in the Finals is something we can’t allow to happen. We just can’t! That would be the worst! A close second, is if we make it to the Finals and lose to those green MFers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Daikatana
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 576
Location: Somewhere in China

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Rule #1 - BUCK FOSTON & EVERYONE else.

It was an entertaining game but I did not and could not pull for either team.
It was a good "barometer" for both teams under pressure. I'm sure our coaches will use the intel gleaned from this game to be better prepared in the future.

Too bad someone actually had to win; a Bill Murray " Ground Hog Day" of events would have been ideal.


makes absolutely no sense at all. i'm in my mid-40s, so yeah i had tasted the laker celtic bitter rivalry of the 80s when i grew up. but just let it go man, these two teams are in different conferences, during regular season i'd root for the Celtics every time they play one of the teams chasing or being chased by the lakers in standing. i just don't get it, clippers is our no. 1 enemy right now, it's not even close.


I respectfully disagree. Im with pio on this. As long as they got the one up on us in ring count...(bleep) em! Jerry Buss rolling around on his cloud right now with all this noise.

I respect both teams’ FOs (Ainge is still an ass tho) cause they don’t needlessly throw away assets. I understand why some would choose to be fans of some of their players. But as teams & collectives...(bleep) both of them! In this (bleep) up reality that had Kobe taken away way too soon, these two teams in the Finals is something we can’t allow to happen. We just can’t! That would be the worst! A close second, is if we make it to the Finals and lose to those green MFers.


For me, yes Laker nation will always hate the Celtics because of the deep history that runs over 50 years...

The only, and I mean ONLY reason I was rooting for them last night (Lesser of 2 evils...)

Is because we have this "team" that share the same building as us, share the same city as us, have the media ride their coat tails very hard, AND have a lot of bandwagoner fans here.... in THIS city.

At least with the Celtics, they are literally 3000 miles away, in their own city, with their own fanbase, in their own building.

Us here in LA, we have to see billboards and busses every single F'ing day with signs saying, "LA our Way" or "Driven over Given." This B.S is sickening, and the Clippers are like the corona virus trying to infect us with their non-championship ways. (LMAO didn't the official Clippers Twitter post on the Suns twitter to vote for Clipper players for the all star game and the Suns org reported them? LMAO)

Every other team and fanbase has their own location. If the Clippers played in Anaheim, San Diego, or whatever, then meh, I wouldn't care as much. But the fact they are trying to take over LA, makes them more evil than the Celtics

_________________
Visit:
www.bestcatgear.com and www.reviewhouseware.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 10671
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Rule #1 - BUCK FOSTON & EVERYONE else.

It was an entertaining game but I did not and could not pull for either team.
It was a good "barometer" for both teams under pressure. I'm sure our coaches will use the intel gleaned from this game to be better prepared in the future.

Too bad someone actually had to win; a Bill Murray " Ground Hog Day" of events would have been ideal.


makes absolutely no sense at all. i'm in my mid-40s, so yeah i had tasted the laker celtic bitter rivalry of the 80s when i grew up. but just let it go man, these two teams are in different conferences, during regular season i'd root for the Celtics every time they play one of the teams chasing or being chased by the lakers in standing. i just don't get it, clippers is our no. 1 enemy right now, it's not even close.


I respectfully disagree. Im with pio on this. As long as they got the one up on us in ring count...(bleep) em! Jerry Buss rolling around on his cloud right now with all this noise.

I respect both teams’ FOs (Ainge is still an ass tho) cause they don’t needlessly throw away assets. I understand why some would choose to be fans of some of their players. But as teams & collectives...(bleep) both of them! In this (bleep) up reality that had Kobe taken away way too soon, these two teams in the Finals is something we can’t allow to happen. We just can’t! That would be the worst! A close second, is if we make it to the Finals and lose to those green MFers.


I agree 1000%, vasashi.
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 13 Dec 2019
Posts: 964

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject:

^^^Thanks LBR. Btw Chick was the best of us. No better Laker fan than him!

Daikatana wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Rule #1 - BUCK FOSTON & EVERYONE else.

It was an entertaining game but I did not and could not pull for either team.
It was a good "barometer" for both teams under pressure. I'm sure our coaches will use the intel gleaned from this game to be better prepared in the future.

Too bad someone actually had to win; a Bill Murray " Ground Hog Day" of events would have been ideal.


makes absolutely no sense at all. i'm in my mid-40s, so yeah i had tasted the laker celtic bitter rivalry of the 80s when i grew up. but just let it go man, these two teams are in different conferences, during regular season i'd root for the Celtics every time they play one of the teams chasing or being chased by the lakers in standing. i just don't get it, clippers is our no. 1 enemy right now, it's not even close.


I respectfully disagree. Im with pio on this. As long as they got the one up on us in ring count...(bleep) em! Jerry Buss rolling around on his cloud right now with all this noise.

I respect both teams’ FOs (Ainge is still an ass tho) cause they don’t needlessly throw away assets. I understand why some would choose to be fans of some of their players. But as teams & collectives...(bleep) both of them! In this (bleep) up reality that had Kobe taken away way too soon, these two teams in the Finals is something we can’t allow to happen. We just can’t! That would be the worst! A close second, is if we make it to the Finals and lose to those green MFers.


For me, yes Laker nation will always hate the Celtics because of the deep history that runs over 50 years...

The only, and I mean ONLY reason I was rooting for them last night (Lesser of 2 evils...)

Is because we have this "team" that share the same building as us, share the same city as us, have the media ride their coat tails very hard, AND have a lot of bandwagoner fans here.... in THIS city.

At least with the Celtics, they are literally 3000 miles away, in their own city, with their own fanbase, in their own building.

Us here in LA, we have to see billboards and busses every single F'ing day with signs saying, "LA our Way" or "Driven over Given." This B.S is sickening, and the Clippers are like the corona virus trying to infect us with their non-championship ways. (LMAO didn't the official Clippers Twitter post on the Suns twitter to vote for Clipper players for the all star game and the Suns org reported them? LMAO)

Every other team and fanbase has their own location. If the Clippers played in Anaheim, San Diego, or whatever, then meh, I wouldn't care as much. But the fact they are trying to take over LA, makes them more evil than the Celtics


I respect your position on it and I’m not even trying to argue against it.

I think part of the problem is they in our house haha. Once they get their own joint, it’ll be a little more bearable.

But still if you (bleep) talk each fan base, the Cbags will always go to total ring count and no matter what you retort with, “its men lie, women lie, numbers don’t.” So I can’t wait till the numbers are in our favor (ie 17+ )

As for the cLips, I just bring up Division banners. Cause that’s the only thing they can compete with us in. They don’t know what a conference or title banner looks like. So in terms of that “rivalry”, it’s basically how many division banners you got and which squad takes better selfies. They can’t speak on anything else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 11374

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject:

(bleep) the Celtics, always. You respect them as a rival but (bleep) them.

The clippers are more annoying and a nuisance that is the new kid on the block because they have the most money (owner). Clippers would be a joke if they didn’t have the richest owner. They would already be halfway to Seattle.

But my guess is the NBA wants 2 LA teams to work like they want the 2 NY teams to work.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 39116

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
^^^Thanks LBR. Btw Chick was the best of us. No better Laker fan than him!

Daikatana wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Rule #1 - BUCK FOSTON & EVERYONE else.

It was an entertaining game but I did not and could not pull for either team.
It was a good "barometer" for both teams under pressure. I'm sure our coaches will use the intel gleaned from this game to be better prepared in the future.

Too bad someone actually had to win; a Bill Murray " Ground Hog Day" of events would have been ideal.


makes absolutely no sense at all. i'm in my mid-40s, so yeah i had tasted the laker celtic bitter rivalry of the 80s when i grew up. but just let it go man, these two teams are in different conferences, during regular season i'd root for the Celtics every time they play one of the teams chasing or being chased by the lakers in standing. i just don't get it, clippers is our no. 1 enemy right now, it's not even close.


I respectfully disagree. Im with pio on this. As long as they got the one up on us in ring count...(bleep) em! Jerry Buss rolling around on his cloud right now with all this noise.

I respect both teams’ FOs (Ainge is still an ass tho) cause they don’t needlessly throw away assets. I understand why some would choose to be fans of some of their players. But as teams & collectives...(bleep) both of them! In this (bleep) up reality that had Kobe taken away way too soon, these two teams in the Finals is something we can’t allow to happen. We just can’t! That would be the worst! A close second, is if we make it to the Finals and lose to those green MFers.


For me, yes Laker nation will always hate the Celtics because of the deep history that runs over 50 years...

The only, and I mean ONLY reason I was rooting for them last night (Lesser of 2 evils...)

Is because we have this "team" that share the same building as us, share the same city as us, have the media ride their coat tails very hard, AND have a lot of bandwagoner fans here.... in THIS city.

At least with the Celtics, they are literally 3000 miles away, in their own city, with their own fanbase, in their own building.

Us here in LA, we have to see billboards and busses every single F'ing day with signs saying, "LA our Way" or "Driven over Given." This B.S is sickening, and the Clippers are like the corona virus trying to infect us with their non-championship ways. (LMAO didn't the official Clippers Twitter post on the Suns twitter to vote for Clipper players for the all star game and the Suns org reported them? LMAO)

Every other team and fanbase has their own location. If the Clippers played in Anaheim, San Diego, or whatever, then meh, I wouldn't care as much. But the fact they are trying to take over LA, makes them more evil than the Celtics


I respect your position on it and I’m not even trying to argue against it.

I think part of the problem is they in our house haha. Once they get their own joint, it’ll be a little more bearable.

But still if you (bleep) talk each fan base, the Cbags will always go to total ring count and no matter what you retort with, “its men lie, women lie, numbers don’t.” So I can’t wait till the numbers are in our favor (ie 17+ )

As for the cLips, I just bring up Division banners. Cause that’s the only thing they can compete with us in. They don’t know what a conference or title banner looks like. So in terms of that “rivalry”, it’s basically how many division banners you got and which squad takes better selfies. They can’t speak on anything else.


Don't get me wrong, I like many individual Celtic PLAYERS throughout the years, players come and go, but I have no love for the organization. It wouldn't be fun if you didn't have a rival. At the end of the day it's only entertainment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 13 Dec 2019
Posts: 964

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/1229522810571231233

Quote:
The Clippers rank 6th defensively overall, but have been the league's best defense vs. the league's top 13 offenses.

The Bucks, meanwhile, have played a league-low 17 games vs. the top 13 offenses & rank 8th defensively vs. that group.


FWIW: we rank 5th defending against top offensive teams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 5585

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/1229522810571231233

Quote:
The Clippers rank 6th defensively overall, but have been the league's best defense vs. the league's top 13 offenses.

The Bucks, meanwhile, have played a league-low 17 games vs. the top 13 offenses & rank 8th defensively vs. that group.


FWIW: we rank 5th defending against top offensive teams.

curious to see what our rank would be without that Celtics game
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 11374

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/1229522810571231233

Quote:
The Clippers rank 6th defensively overall, but have been the league's best defense vs. the league's top 13 offenses.

The Bucks, meanwhile, have played a league-low 17 games vs. the top 13 offenses & rank 8th defensively vs. that group.


FWIW: we rank 5th defending against top offensive teams.


This is why I don’t think they are really giving too much effort on defense. In other words, we are giving more effort in the regular season than they are...just another part of their preseason regular season philosophy.

On another note, I’m thinking the real reason they got Marcus Morris is insurance for PG. George has not exactly been dependable to be available and healthy past 2 seasons.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 11404

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Didn't help the Clippers when the Bucks were blowing them out by 50.

At the end of the day it's matchup dependent - the Clippers have no one to stop Giannis, Harden, Jokic, and the defense of the Jazz just causes them problems.

Which is just one reason why they won't be the champs this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 Nov 2019
Posts: 170

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Just went by the Staples Center and there's a huge sign saying something like "the best player in the world wears New Balance" and I'm struck by how annoyed I am. Can't wait for a win against the Clips.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 4021

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject:

You know, i actually really like our top 8 players - the problem is whether vogel will recognize it since i think it fairs well vs clippers

The top 8 includes all our bigs (AD,Dwight,Javale), Lebron, and our four defensive minded guards - green, kcp, bradley and caruso. Thats actually a legit 8, all of them defense capable or higher.

The issue is vogels love for rondo and kuz. Its time those guys earn it for spots 9-10, or we give it to guys like cook, daniels, etc.

One thing i dont get is forcing rondo and kuz when theyre ineffective. Cook imo right now is a better all around pg offensively than rondo (rondos age has simply caught up) and defensively yea he gives up length / height but its not like rondo does anything with his nowadays. Give cook rondos minutes so lbj can rest from point forward duties.

Id love to see kuz do better but his major deficiency starts to show during defense lapses...if i was coach vogel to hide some of the blatantly poor defense rotations with kuz id just go to a zone when hes in...same with cook...to help hide those issues a bit.

I think with those type of adjustments we go
Legit 10 deep. Honestly i think our top 8 matches well (if utilized correctly) vs the clippers shooting depth of their top 8. The issue is if clippers decide to, say, with a lineup of williams morris kl pg13 and whomever at center we need kuz...so go zone.

Just my random thoughts. But i do like our top 8...i just wish vogel did too (eg use caruso more)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 11374

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Patrick Beverley on Embiid, Towns, and AD.

“I mean they all score a lot of points, they all score a lot of rebounds but you put them into a cage with Montrezl Harrell, he would eat all of them and they know it.”


https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1229533219500052482?s=21

It’s time for AD, Lebron and the Lakers to shut these clowns up. It’s been too much of a bunch of “dogs” talking (bleep) and the Lakers not responding and fading in the matchups.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 4021

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Patrick Beverley on Embiid, Towns, and AD.

“I mean they all score a lot of points, they all score a lot of rebounds but you put them into a cage with Montrezl Harrell, he would eat all of them and they know it.”


https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1229533219500052482?s=21

It’s time for AD, Lebron and the Lakers to shut these clowns up. It’s been too much of a bunch of “dogs” talking (bleep) and the Lakers not responding and fading in the matchups.


Lol, if AD guarded either of those guys a full game theyd be lucky to shoot over 35%
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Posts: 1863

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Patrick Beverley on Embiid, Towns, and AD.

“I mean they all score a lot of points, they all score a lot of rebounds but you put them into a cage with Montrezl Harrell, he would eat all of them and they know it.”


https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1229533219500052482?s=21

It’s time for AD, Lebron and the Lakers to shut these clowns up. It’s been too much of a bunch of “dogs” talking (bleep) and the Lakers not responding and fading in the matchups.


Well, this is not MMA, this is basketball and it’s played on a court. And on the court, without any help defense, AD will cook is a$$!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 613

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Patrick Beverley on Embiid, Towns, and AD.

“I mean they all score a lot of points, they all score a lot of rebounds but you put them into a cage with Montrezl Harrell, he would eat all of them and they know it.”


https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1229533219500052482?s=21

It’s time for AD, Lebron and the Lakers to shut these clowns up. It’s been too much of a bunch of “dogs” talking (bleep) and the Lakers not responding and fading in the matchups.


Patty doing his best to hype up Monty.
I think Patty is smart enough to know monty isn't cooking no AD, let alone eat em.
_________________
💜💛 2020 🏆x17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 5974

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:46 am    Post subject:

i'm not a CP3 fan, but he's the only one that'll bring fear to the Clippers and keep pat beverley in his deserved place.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 107877

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject:

Man, Kawhi is playing possum. He's going to be a beast in the playoffs again.
_________________
LBJ in 22 playoff games (2017-18): 34/9/9
AD in 9 playoff games (2017-18): 30/13/2.3bpg/2spg.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BandwagonLBJhopper
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 07 Feb 2020
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
You know, i actually really like our top 8 players - the problem is whether vogel will recognize it since i think it fairs well vs clippers

The top 8 includes all our bigs (AD,Dwight,Javale), Lebron, and our four defensive minded guards - green, kcp, bradley and caruso. Thats actually a legit 8, all of them defense capable or higher.

The issue is vogels love for rondo and kuz. Its time those guys earn it for spots 9-10, or we give it to guys like cook, daniels, etc.

One thing i dont get is forcing rondo and kuz when theyre ineffective. Cook imo right now is a better all around pg offensively than rondo (rondos age has simply caught up) and defensively yea he gives up length / height but its not like rondo does anything with his nowadays. Give cook rondos minutes so lbj can rest from point forward duties.

Id love to see kuz do better but his major deficiency starts to show during defense lapses...if i was coach vogel to hide some of the blatantly poor defense rotations with kuz id just go to a zone when hes in...same with cook...to help hide those issues a bit.

I think with those type of adjustments we go
Legit 10 deep. Honestly i think our top 8 matches well (if utilized correctly) vs the clippers shooting depth of their top 8. The issue is if clippers decide to, say, with a lineup of williams morris kl pg13 and whomever at center we need kuz...so go zone.

Just my random thoughts. But i do like our top 8...i just wish vogel did too (eg use caruso more)


Good thoughts here - what's troubling is Vogel has adjusted his rotation to basically bring in Kuz/Rondo at the same time as the first bench subs. And it coincides with us going small with AD at the 5, so not only do we have less rim protection on the court with those two but we are trying to hide 2 bad defenders at once which is very problematic against a team like the Clips.

Think back to the start of the season...both Kuz and Rondo were out, and we had the best defense in the league and got off to a 70+ win pace. Not a coincidence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 11374

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject:

First, the Houston Astros.
Second, Man City.

It’s time to dig into Ballmer and his operation...
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 18419

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
I detest Aingle. I loathe McHale. I can't stand Pierce. Pretty much anything that has touched the Celtics I dislike, the only exceptions being those Celtics that later became Lakers.
Well OK, I don't mind Bird because of his friendship with Magic.

vasashi17+ wrote:


I respectfully disagree. Im with pio on this. As long as they got the one up on us in ring count...(bleep) em! Jerry Buss rolling around on his cloud right now with all this noise.

I respect both teams’ FOs (Ainge is still an ass tho) cause they don’t needlessly throw away assets. I understand why some would choose to be fans of some of their players. But as teams & collectives...(bleep) both of them! In this (bleep) up reality that had Kobe taken away way too soon, these two teams in the Finals is something we can’t allow to happen. We just can’t! That would be the worst! A close second, is if we make it to the Finals and lose to those green MFers.


Re Brian Shaw, Chick said West was going to pick him and Auerbach took him 1 spot ahead of us w/o even bringing him over to work him out. A kid from UC-Santa Barbara. So bleep Red. Always playing stunts. Shaw was always ours. We were hot for Rage: -ON (Rajon) as well, but didn't have the pick. We gotta historical tendency of getting back older players who missed us when they were draftees. Lindsey Hunter was another. Not sure of the merit of that approach, but just that it seems to exist. Shannon Brown another.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 10671
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Man, Kawhi is playing possum. He's going to be a beast in the playoffs again.


No surprise there.
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 107877

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Man, Kawhi is playing possum. He's going to be a beast in the playoffs again.


No surprise there.


I also think that AD/LBJ will be as well, but people are really sleeping on Kawhi. He's playing with us all with his load management spiel.
_________________
LBJ in 22 playoff games (2017-18): 34/9/9
AD in 9 playoff games (2017-18): 30/13/2.3bpg/2spg.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 12054

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Man, Kawhi is playing possum. He's going to be a beast in the playoffs again.


No surprise there.


I also think that AD/LBJ will be as well, but people are really sleeping on Kawhi. He's playing with us all with his load management spiel.


which people?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 175, 176, 177  Next
Page 163 of 177
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB