ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Doc Rivers Fired, Clippers Under Investigation)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 280, 281, 282 ... 286, 287, 288  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 31106
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:22 am    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
Bynum-Barea was for me a low point of Laker history.

It reduced Lakers to Celtics level (McHale's dirty and dangerous clotheslining of Rambis, etc.). And that's about as low as it could get.


World Peace-Harden as well. Guys like Bynum, Russell, Nick Young, Dwight (first run), Lonzo, Randle, and Clarkson would all have been better suited as Clippers.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 5301

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Batum was a nice signing by the Clips


Wasn't there a report saying Lakers didn't even look at Batum? Why? Were they waiting for Ariza?
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 14230

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
MJST wrote:
NOBODY really comes to blows in the NBA nowadays. They 'fake tough guy' it 95% of the time.


In addition to 80’s I miss the late 90’s early 2000 fights. Heat and Knicks ready to throw down on every possession. Shaq and Barkley brawling, lakers and sac hating each other. Kenyon Martin fighting with everyone on the Mavericks. Hell even Indiana and Chicago and Detroit going at it with each other.

That was some good old fashion crap talking.


Rick Fox & Doug Christie squaring off in a PRE-SEASON game! Even better, Foxy's not done, so after they're ejected, he chases Christie down in the tunnel to the locker room so he can finish the job . . . then Shaq (in civilian clothes) takes on Vlade.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOlEWSZ1u_o
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 64216

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Just noticed the Clippers have their first back to back of the season. Tonight they play the Spurs in LA and tomorrow at GS. Is Leonard still not playing back to back games?
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 17110

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Batum was a nice signing by the Clips


Wasn't there a report saying Lakers didn't even look at Batum? Why? Were they waiting for Ariza?


rather give PT to THT unless Batum don't mind being 15th man role
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 1505

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
999 wrote:
MJST wrote:
NOBODY really comes to blows in the NBA nowadays. They 'fake tough guy' it 95% of the time.


In addition to 80’s I miss the late 90’s early 2000 fights. Heat and Knicks ready to throw down on every possession. Shaq and Barkley brawling, lakers and sac hating each other. Kenyon Martin fighting with everyone on the Mavericks. Hell even Indiana and Chicago and Detroit going at it with each other.

That was some good old fashion crap talking.


Rick Fox & Doug Christie squaring off in a PRE-SEASON game! Even better, Foxy's not done, so after they're ejected, he chases Christie down in the tunnel to the locker room so he can finish the job . . . then Shaq (in civilian clothes) takes on Vlade.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOlEWSZ1u_o


Man those were the days. The time before Twitter likes matter to players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 47606

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Batum was a nice signing by the Clips


Wasn't there a report saying Lakers didn't even look at Batum? Why? Were they waiting for Ariza?


Batum is starting for them. Might change when Morris returns but he just got a bigger role with the Clippers. I really wanted to get him.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 11195
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
999 wrote:
MJST wrote:
NOBODY really comes to blows in the NBA nowadays. They 'fake tough guy' it 95% of the time.


In addition to 80’s I miss the late 90’s early 2000 fights. Heat and Knicks ready to throw down on every possession. Shaq and Barkley brawling, lakers and sac hating each other. Kenyon Martin fighting with everyone on the Mavericks. Hell even Indiana and Chicago and Detroit going at it with each other.

That was some good old fashion crap talking.


Rick Fox & Doug Christie squaring off in a PRE-SEASON game! Even better, Foxy's not done, so after they're ejected, he chases Christie down in the tunnel to the locker room so he can finish the job . . . then Shaq (in civilian clothes) takes on Vlade.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOlEWSZ1u_o


Man those were the days. The time before Twitter likes matter to players.


Better days. I hate social media so (bleep) much. I wish there was a way to destroy it lol.
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 12654

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
999 wrote:
MJST wrote:
NOBODY really comes to blows in the NBA nowadays. They 'fake tough guy' it 95% of the time.


In addition to 80’s I miss the late 90’s early 2000 fights. Heat and Knicks ready to throw down on every possession. Shaq and Barkley brawling, lakers and sac hating each other. Kenyon Martin fighting with everyone on the Mavericks. Hell even Indiana and Chicago and Detroit going at it with each other.

That was some good old fashion crap talking.


Rick Fox & Doug Christie squaring off in a PRE-SEASON game! Even better, Foxy's not done, so after they're ejected, he chases Christie down in the tunnel to the locker room so he can finish the job . . . then Shaq (in civilian clothes) takes on Vlade.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOlEWSZ1u_o


Man those were the days. The time before Twitter likes matter to players.


Better days. I hate social media so (bleep) much. I wish there was a way to destroy it lol.


It has changed society forever, for better and worse, and unfortunately there's no going back. The tech oligarchs are the most powerful people in our country, even above the president.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 27526

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Batum was a nice signing by the Clips


Wasn't there a report saying Lakers didn't even look at Batum? Why? Were they waiting for Ariza?


Batum is starting for them. Might change when Morris returns but he just got a bigger role with the Clippers. I really wanted to get him.


This. More than anything, another big wing defender is the biggest need imo. Clippers are the only team that can challenge us because of this very reason.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BlueNGold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Posts: 841

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Batum was a nice signing by the Clips


Wasn't there a report saying Lakers didn't even look at Batum? Why? Were they waiting for Ariza?


Batum is starting for them. Might change when Morris returns but he just got a bigger role with the Clippers. I really wanted to get him.


IF Morris returns. His knee injury has become somewhat of a mystery.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2001
Posts: 16188

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Clippers unbeatable when they are lights out from 3 but if it’s not falling they are in bug trouble
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 828

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Flippers load managing again lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 13361

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Flippers load managing again lol


Why are they load managing Paul George? He isn't the one with the plastic knee : S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 828

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Flippers load managing again lol


Why are they load managing Paul George? He isn't the one with the plastic knee : S


Whenever they have a minor injury, they gonna make it as an excuse to load manage. No wonder harrell got pissed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 9713

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Clips getting waxed by San Antonio midway through the second quarter. Spurs already at 52 pts with 6 minutes left. Up 22 points.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 828

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Clips getting waxed by San Antonio midway through the second quarter. Spurs already at 52 pts with 6 minutes left. Up 22 points.


Flippers cant win without Pandemic P. That's why they will not pass 2nd round, they need to PG to play great most of the playoffs which is almost impossible. They can get away with PG playinga awful in the 1st round, but they will not in the 2nd round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 30567

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Patty Mills hopefully getting all his makes out today so he bricks against us, lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Dec 2018
Posts: 291
Location: Palos Verdes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Patterson was not really bad tonight. It was those Reggie, Zu and Mann minutes that really hurt tonight.

Quote:
Those minutes were brutal, Mann who can't make a single open shot, Reggie playing ISO with his block neighbors and Zu leaving Patty...

Quote:
Yeah Zu is horrible at getting out on the shooters, he acts like he's Marc Gasol's age. Both losses when Kawhi played were because of Mills/Conley going off like their (bleep) Steph Curry. I'm trying to figure out why, probably the combination of Zubac/Lou/Reggie.

Quote:
Reggie -21 in 16 min
Zu -18 in 19 min
Mann -20 in 9(!!!!!!!!!!) min
Jesus, but yeah that seems about right. Mann did not look playable at all today


Zubac whose trade circumstance was leaked to make fun of Lakers. They really deserve this sh*t.
_________________
Lakers fan since that Magical day June 25, 1979.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 14230

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
Quote:
Patterson was not really bad tonight. It was those Reggie, Zu and Mann minutes that really hurt tonight.

Quote:
Those minutes were brutal, Mann who can't make a single open shot, Reggie playing ISO with his block neighbors and Zu leaving Patty...

Quote:
Yeah Zu is horrible at getting out on the shooters, he acts like he's Marc Gasol's age. Both losses when Kawhi played were because of Mills/Conley going off like their (bleep) Steph Curry. I'm trying to figure out why, probably the combination of Zubac/Lou/Reggie.

Quote:
Reggie -21 in 16 min
Zu -18 in 19 min
Mann -20 in 9(!!!!!!!!!!) min
Jesus, but yeah that seems about right. Mann did not look playable at all today


Zubac whose trade circumstance was leaked to make fun of Lakers. They really deserve this sh*t.


Let them make fun of our championship banners.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 64216

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Tonight Leonard is scheduled to play in his first back-to-back since 2017.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 1396

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Tonight Leonard is scheduled to play in his first back-to-back since 2017.


Bet he would have sat out tonight if they won last night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 2610
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Tonight Leonard is scheduled to play in his first back-to-back since 2017.


That's interesting, I had a feeling he would this season due to almost having to considering they don't have the depth this year at all. Props to him for manning up but if he plays a significant amount more this season while also being a condensed schedule will his body begin to fall apart before the seasons over? They've already only won a few of there games due to PG13 playing absolutely out of his mind.

They're much more like our team was last year imo where PG13 and Kawhi have to both play great to beat the better teams of the league most of the time. There bench is not going to be winning them many games at all I don't think.

Saying all that, i'm hoping for a new career high from Steph tonight


Last edited by hype on Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jul 2004
Posts: 12724
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
32 wrote:
Tonight Leonard is scheduled to play in his first back-to-back since 2017.


Bet he would have sat out tonight if they won last night.


The guy's not even 30 years old and hasn't done a b2b in over 3 years??? That's just crazy. Kobe at 30 was playing every game 42-45 minutes a night. Lebron at 36 is gonna play every game and heavy minutes.
_________________
So glad we gave you your flowers while you were here, Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 828

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi and Pandemic P playing tonigh like they need more load management. Both are toast.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 280, 281, 282 ... 286, 287, 288  Next
Page 281 of 288
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB