ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 299, 300, 301, 302  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 64300

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:42 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Only way I'd ever want the Clippers to win a series is if they're playing against the Celtics.


Yep.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 2710
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject:

I'm literally wearing a F*ck the Celtics shirt currently but i'd even have a hard time going for the Clippers over the Celtics tbh. I don't even want to imagine what people around me would be like, it would be insufferable for at least months living in California if the Clippers pulled it out. Plus, on top of it all I respect the individual players on the Celtics massively more then the Clippers.

That's def. one of those situations I can't say i'd actually root for either team and I doubt i'd be able to stomach watching any of the games if it was in the Finals. I get the whole 17/17 concept and would absolutely love to see the Lakers finally pass them after decades of being behind but the amount of bs i'd have to deal with in person not even to mention the media would be another entire level if the Clippers won. Hopefully if it's not us it's literally any other team then those two. I'd love to see the Nets lose but if it's over those other two teams i'm 100% fine with them winning it all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
troy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 2730

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

I have no hatred for the Celtics. I recognize the rivalry, as it's been in place for decades. But there's a difference between a rivalry and having animosity.

I have animosity for the Clippers.

I hate that PG disrespected us. I hate that Kawhi played us. I hate that bucked-eyed cockroach Pat Beverly. I hate that Zu bad mouthed us. I hate their arrogance, their sht talking, and I hate the nerdy rich guy Balmer and his propaganda campaign on Los Angeles county billboards and buses.

If not the Lakers, I'd like to see Utah win it all. After that, the 76ers. If not the 76ers, maybe the Nets. If I must, I'd go for the Celtics.

But in no uncertain terms do I want the damned Clippers to win it. Never.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 21721
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Tough for me to root for the Nets but need Clippers to lose tonight for standings.


If those two are in the finals, I pull for the Nets easily.


I'd rather anyone win than Kyrie and KD.


Serious? Are you a Lakers fan in LA or elsewhere? Clipper fans would be unbearable if they got a chip. I rather the Nets get it if it comes down to that.


My fandom is more player centric than organization/fan centric, and I'm a new Lakers fan from Texas.
I respect the rivalries between the Lakers and Celtics/Clippers, but (bleep) KD.


Bingo! I knew it. LOL! If you lived around here, your views would be different. They have done squat, and they were unbearable last year after landing Kawhi. With all their banners, claiming it's their town and crap, Balmer and his media blitz, Marcellus Wiley and his trolling, etc. Acting like they had already won. That 3-1 debacle have humbled them. I hate to imagine what would happen if they actually won it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BlueNGold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Posts: 952

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
I have no hatred for the Celtics. I recognize the rivalry, as it's been in place for decades. But there's a difference between a rivalry and having animosity.

I have animosity for the Clippers.

I hate that PG disrespected us. I hate that Kawhi played us. I hate that bucked-eyed cockroach Pat Beverly. I hate that Zu bad mouthed us. I hate their arrogance, their sht talking, and I hate the nerdy rich guy Balmer and his propaganda campaign on Los Angeles county billboards and buses.

If not the Lakers, I'd like to see Utah win it all. After that, the 76ers. If not the 76ers, maybe the Nets. If I must, I'd go for the Celtics.

But in no uncertain terms do I want the damned Clippers to win it. Never.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 9733

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject:

Who was supposed to be the deeper team this season, Lakers or Clippers?

Clippers were able to beat Cleveland and then Miami without both PG and KL on back-to-back nights.

Think the Lakers could do the same without LeBron and AD?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 4586

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Who was supposed to be the deeper team this season, Lakers or Clippers?

Clippers were able to beat Cleveland and then Miami without both PG and KL on back-to-back nights.

Think the Lakers could do the same without LeBron and AD?

Unfortunately thats not how you judge depth. Even though we both lost to the nets , the nets role players hit shots against us that they dint hit against clipps.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 14544

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Who was supposed to be the deeper team this season, Lakers or Clippers?

Clippers were able to beat Cleveland and then Miami without both PG and KL on back-to-back nights.

Think the Lakers could do the same without LeBron and AD?


Yeah this sort of thing bugs me because unlike last season, the Lakers have reloaded and even stole one of the Clippers prime pieces from last season.

At some point, they have to show they can win some games with just Schroder, Harrell, Kuzma leading the way...
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
roger_federer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Mar 2020
Posts: 564

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Who was supposed to be the deeper team this season, Lakers or Clippers?

Clippers were able to beat Cleveland and then Miami without both PG and KL on back-to-back nights.

Think the Lakers could do the same without LeBron and AD?

Unfortunately thats not how you judge depth. Even though we both lost to the nets , the nets role players hit shots against us that they dint hit against clipps.


when every idiot is scoring lights out, its not luck anymore
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 14544

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1365020892493848578?s=21
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 6032

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1365020892493848578?s=21


Thanks for posting. A couple posts down is Shaq.

Love that Kobe story. “No I in team, but there is an M-E in that ....”

Classic!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 2598

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject:

The Grizz rolled the Snakes by 28pts. They played again tomorrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
windycitycane
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 8516

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
The Grizz rolled the Snakes by 28pts. They played again tomorrow.


Did kl and pg play?
_________________
"I bought the Lakers so I could beat the Celtics" - Dr. Jerry Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 2710
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

windycitycane wrote:
lakerican wrote:
The Grizz rolled the Snakes by 28pts. They played again tomorrow.


Did kl and pg play?


Yeah, everyone played tonight I believe.

I only seen a bit but it seemed like PG couldn't hit anything which was great to see after his ridiculous start to the season, time for him to come back down to earth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MookieBetts50
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Jul 2020
Posts: 649

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
windycitycane wrote:
lakerican wrote:
The Grizz rolled the Snakes by 28pts. They played again tomorrow.


Did kl and pg play?


Yeah, everyone played tonight I believe.

I only seen a bit but it seemed like PG couldn't hit anything which was great to see after his ridiculous start to the season, time for him to come back down to earth.


However the Grizz were still minus JJ Jr. their athletic big so they're still far from full strength. Clipps though crashed back down to Earth HARD, about damn time!
_________________
2020-2021 REPEAT OR BUST

PG - Schröder/Caruso/Cook
SG - Caldwell-Pope/Matthews/Horton-Tucker
SF - James/Kuzma/McKinnie
PF - Davis/Morris/Dudley
C - Gasol/Harrell
2-Way - Antetokounmpo/Cacok
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 5663
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject:

As bad as we've been playing lately, we're still only 1/2 game behind the Clippers.

If we somehow manage to be in second place when AD comes back, maybe at that point LeBron should be #1 in the MVP race.
_________________
The Lakers and Dodgers are the reigning world champs.

As the Dead Kennedys once said, California Uber Alles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 19783

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Doris Burke giving sage advice....
https://twitter.com/McBainsGoggles/status/1366158955760656389
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 3038

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Clippers lose to the Bucks after Giannis goes nuclear in the 4th. He's playing like an MVP again after the bumpy start.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 1171

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Clippers lose to the Bucks after Giannis goes nuclear in the 4th. He's playing like an MVP again after the bumpy start.


More like Flippers choked, ddint score any buckets the last 3 minutes of the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 14544

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Why is rim protection and interior defense important? Look what happened to the Clippers today.

It’s also one of the reasons they lost last season as they had no answer for Jokic or Murray on mid range where he likes to pull up if the drive is not there.

The Heat and Raptors have shown how you defend Giannis and the Bucks, but the Clippers don’t have the personnel to do it.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 1171

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Why is rim protection and interior defense important? Look what happened to the Clippers today.

It’s also one of the reasons they lost last season as they had no answer for Jokic or Murray on mid range where he likes to pull up if the drive is not there.

The Heat and Raptors have shown how you defend Giannis, but the Clippers don’t have the personnel to do it.


Lakers is already had a decent defense in the paint the ast 10 games, and they already added Jones. It's their 3pt defense who are lacking now. The defense is not the major problem now but their offense. But with DS coming back give them additional firepower in the offensive end.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 3038

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Clippers lose to the Bucks after Giannis goes nuclear in the 4th. He's playing like an MVP again after the bumpy start.


More like Flippers choked, ddint score any buckets the last 3 minutes of the game.


Well yeah, but Giannis was the primary defender on at least half of those possessions. It was an impressive 4th quarter by him either way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 1171

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Why people here still blaming Lakers defense in the paint for the losses? Last 8 games they are the #2 in the league in oppoonents points in the paint giving just 41 a game. That is mostly without AD.

It's their offense that was lacking in that losses until DS returned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 19783

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1366151451769114627

Welp Kawhi brought it.. and George came up short again.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 1171

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
leking006 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Clippers lose to the Bucks after Giannis goes nuclear in the 4th. He's playing like an MVP again after the bumpy start.


More like Flippers choked, ddint score any buckets the last 3 minutes of the game.


Well yeah, but Giannis was the primary defender on at least half of those possessions. It was an impressive 4th quarter by him either way.


He defended all the flippers players?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 299, 300, 301, 302  Next
Page 300 of 302
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB