Ryan West Joins the Clippers as a scout after working with Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:46 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Who cares

Interesting tidbit
But likewise, I don't give a crap
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Ryan West Joins the Clippers as a scout after working with Lakers

999 wrote:
I cant wait till jerry west retires so everything in that clipper organization can go back to (bleep) where they belong.

I agree with this. They had no clue before the logo arrived.

He comes around and tells them they are spinning their wheels with Blake and the rest of lob city.

Once he is gone, they will not have that legendary exec working his magic.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:42 am    Post subject:

Too bad the Buss family wasn't smart/gracious enough to not let JW leave in the first place, and work hard to get him back in the second. I'm not sure how big a deal Ryan is, but it's clear how big a deal Pops is.

That's ok, we still have Jeanie and The Rambii to solve it all. Only six years since our last playoff appearance. In all the decades prior, the worst playoff drought was two years.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject:

More talk about the clippers and teams like the rockets on this board than there is about the freakin Lakers ...
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
Too bad the Buss family wasn't smart/gracious enough to not let JW leave in the first place, and work hard to get him back in the second. I'm not sure how big a deal Ryan is, but it's clear how big a deal Pops is.

That's ok, we still have Jeanie and The Rambii to solve it all. Only six years since our last playoff appearance. In all the decades prior, the worst playoff drought was two years.

Was Golden State stupid in firing The Logo?
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

First off, iirc I don't recall he was fired, I thought it was mutually agreed and he was with the Clips like 5 minutes later.

But secondly, I'll answer your question with a question. Are you satisfied with the direction of this org under the leadership of Jeanie and the Rambii?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

Unanswerable since they didn’t fire him.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

First off, iirc I don't recall he was fired, I thought it was mutually agreed and he was with the Clips like 5 minutes later.

But secondly, I'll answer your question with a question. Are you satisfied with the direction of this org under the leadership of Jeanie and the Rambii?

1. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/08/22/jerry-west-did-not-want-leave-warriors/591010001/

Jerry West: 'I did not want to leave' the Warriors

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/jerry-west-warriors-book-leaving-clippers/

Warriors cut West's salary by 50%

https://clutchpoints.com/jerry-west-on-leaving-warriors-one-of-the-saddest-days-of-his-life/

West said leaving GSW was "one of the saddest days in my life."

Sure looks like they forced him out - cut his role, cut his salary, etc.

2. Your "question" neither addresses nor answers my question, so I will restate it:

Was Golden State stupid in reducing West's role, cutting his salary in half and forcing him out?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Was Golden State stupid in reducing West's role, cutting his salary in half and forcing him out?

Yes.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Yes.

Why?
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject:

OMG this shockingly not a surprise.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

1. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/08/22/jerry-west-did-not-want-leave-warriors/591010001/

https://clutchpoints.com/jerry-west-on-leaving-warriors-one-of-the-saddest-days-of-his-life/

2. Your "question" neither addresses nor answers my question, so I will restate it:

Thank you for the info.

Yes, of course. We'll see how they fare going forward as their guys get older and more beat up and they have to retool.

So how do you feel about Jeanie and the Rambii?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

Thank you for the info.

Yes, of course. We'll see how they fare going forward as their guys get older and more beat up and they have to retool.

Am I correct in interpreting "Yes, of course" means you think GSW was stupid in letting go of West?
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

Thank you for the info.

Am I correct in interpreting "Yes, of course" means you think GSW was stupid in letting go of West?

I'm not responsible for your interpretation skills, or lack thereof.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

"Fired" isn't quite the right word. He was hired at a high salary to mentor their GM, Bob Myers. As Myers got more experience, West wasn't as important, and the Warriors wanted to cut his salary in half. West felt upset and underappreciated and left.

I am not sure what term fits the situation best, but it was an unhappy parting, as West's partings usually are.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

Thank you for the info.

I'm not responsible for your interpretation skills, or lack thereof.

So rather than saying "yes" or "no," so I can make sure I know where you stand and continue the dialog, you get snarky.

I'll just let it go.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
danzag wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Yes.

Why?

His record says it all.
He's a great basketball mind. Even if he's not making day-to-day basketball decisions, his input is valuable.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

Cutting someone's salary in half is more offensive than just firing them outright, imo. It's basically like either eat our (bleep) or get out.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

i just cant stand steve ballmer. he has the most punchable face the way he bobs up and down the court and dancing courtside. (bleep) off already. you are not los angeles. go back to seattle punk!!!!
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

not surprised at all Ryan West leaked Lakers' stance on KL to West, Clips and indirectly to KL during the free agency.
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
not surprised at all Ryan West leaked Lakers' stance on KL to West, Clips and indirectly to KL during the free agency.

Definite conflict of interest. Maybe that is why he “stepped down” (let go)
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Good for him.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:45 am    Post subject:

KOBE WAN wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Definite conflict of interest. Maybe that is why he “stepped down” (let go)

Anyone have a link for this?
mixtim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject:

From assistant GM to scout.
A great career indeed
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

mixtim wrote:
From assistant GM to scout.
A great career indeed

*consultant scout.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: