No Cable, How to watch Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Arbitrary wrote:
defense wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
defense wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
defense wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
I had trouble with slow download speeds when I was using Nord VPN. So I switched over to TorGuard. That one worked better for me.

Nords native software is bad. I use openvpn to get full speed with nord.

What does openVPN do?

Allow you to manually choose your own servers in certain areas.
Improve bandwidth.
Bypass restrictions the native software might have.

Read on it

So why did you pick NordVPN in the first place? Is it still the best overall in your opinion?

Good prices
They claim to not keep any logs
Head quarters in Panama
Good speeds once set up properly

The best is dependent on what you want but i works well for me.

As most of us here mentioned, I, too, am doing the VPN + India subscription this year.

I think another plus on the side of NordVPN is their mobile application. I've had several VPNs before, but I've settled down with NordVPN at the moment because of the convenience it gives me with their mobile VPN.

They pretty much have a very user-friendly UI too.

I use ExpressVPN, works great.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Get FireStick, download Nitro TV. You can watch most PPV events, NFL Sunday Ticket, NBA League Pass, DZAN, So many sporting events it'll blow your mind.

I messed up this Saturday, didn't look for the Porter vs Spence fight. I ordered it. While I was watching the fight a friend who has Nitro TV called and asked how I was enjoying the fight. I told him it was not what I expected..Yada, Yada, Yada. He said he was watching it on Nitro. I spent $74.95 I didn't have to. I won't sleep on that again.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Buy tickets...
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Buy tickets...

And they live out of the state or country? You're big ballin.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject:

r/nbastreams doesn't exist anymore. Apparently this site will be up and running for the next season though: https://nbabite.com/
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

vpn+kodi+gearstv(actual not a reseller) kicked ass all of last year will never go back. 15 bucks for every damn channel on cable/satelite

jodeke wrote:
Get FireStick, download Nitro TV. You can watch most PPV events, NFL Sunday Ticket, NBA League Pass, DZAN, So many sporting events it'll blow your mind.

I messed up this Saturday, didn't look for the Porter vs Spence fight. I ordered it. While I was watching the fight a friend who has Nitro TV called and asked how I was enjoying the fight. I told him it was not what I expected..Yada, Yada, Yada. He said he was watching it on Nitro. I spent $74.95 I didn't have to. I won't sleep on that again.

Yo Jodeke is your nitro a reseller or original? Does it have spectrum sportsnet?

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

Even with cable a lot of people in LA are not going to be able to watch the Lakers as Frontier Communications (<devils) are in a "dispute" with Spectrum Sports Net and have dropped the channels at present.

This isn't good at all for your friend LakerLanny.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject:

Suck it up and sign up for SpectrumTV for $15/month till the end of May.
Silk
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

I called Spectrum, being an internet customer of theirs, and they said Spectrum Sportsnet and the Lakers are unavailable with the SpectrumTV $15 per month service. Am I looking in the wrong place?
gaogi
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

AT&T recently switched from U-Verse TV to AT&T TV in my area. Spectrum Sportsnet is not available on AT&T TV, since it's technically a streaming service and not a traditional TV service like U-Verse. I'll be sticking with Cox for at least till the end of the regular season, but if there are other options to watch the Lakers reliably, I would rather switch to AT&T since they offer Gigabit Internet service in my area for a reasonable price.
JayLida
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Frontier cable stop carrying Spectrum sportsnet Any alternatives? I was going to order NBA league pass but the games will be blacked out in my area regardless. SMFH!!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Silk wrote:
I called Spectrum, being an internet customer of theirs, and they said Spectrum Sportsnet and the Lakers are unavailable with the SpectrumTV $15 per month service. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Crap it is?
Man, this blows.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

I live a few thousand miles away so I’m always looking for ways to watch. At least they have a ton of national broadcasts.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Sign up for a VPN service, then sign up for league pass via India website. Full year should be like $5. Then u can watch all games anytime. Good VPN will be like $50 a year though

Does this really work? I already use NordVPN.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject:

MedRomLaker wrote:
vpn+kodi+gearstv(actual not a reseller) kicked ass all of last year will never go back. 15 bucks for every damn channel on cable/satelite

jodeke wrote:

Yo Jodeke is your nitro a reseller or original? Does it have spectrum sportsnet?

What do you mean by reseller or original?

There are a couple of ways to get Nitro. You can LINK or you can Buy Nitro TV. You can also get codes so you can add to firestick using your codes. I haven't look for Spectrum Sports Net. I'll check and let you know. It probably does. I use NBA League Pass.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
Sign up for a VPN service, then sign up for league pass via India website. Full year should be like $5. Then u can watch all games anytime. Good VPN will be like $50 a year though

I want to know as well. And what is india's nba league pass site?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

@MedRomLaker I checked I don't see a spectrum sportsnet. NBA League Pass list all 30 teams including the Lakers and Clippers. I can watch any team I choose. You also get college sports, UFC FIGHT PASS, RUGBY PASSES, HORSE RACING, SOCCER. I won't list all the sports you get, it would literally take a whole page.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
XxBaDGuYxX
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Gears TV! $18.50/month

- Kobe Bryant
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Even with cable a lot of people in LA are not going to be able to watch the Lakers as Frontier Communications (<devils) are in a "dispute" with Spectrum Sports Net and have dropped the channels at present.

This isn't good at all for your friend LakerLanny.

So Laker fans are going to experience what its like being a Dodger fan in a non-Spectrum served provider....
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

Once you're connected to a India server, just type nba.com and you'll get automatically directed to India's NBA.com.

And yes, It does work. I don't need it, but since I'm already a VPN user, I did it for kicks so I can check out other teams during the year, particularly Dallas and New Orleans. It cost 999 rupees, it's daunting to pay all that at once, but I'm a baller.

The casting function is a little quirky, I'm not quite sure if they fixed some sort glitch that allowed VPN users to cast to devices that are connected to US ips. When you watch on your phone, you'll need to turn on your VPN to India, while your home devices are still US ips. People online have said that they cast the games to their tv, and once it's on their tv, they just turn off their vpn on the phone, and the chromecast or whatever will still go on forever once its already streaming and since it's streaming with your home wifi, it'll be a great picture.

But!!!!

That hasn't been my experience so far. There are no live games to test, only the Houston/China game that was played on Sept 30.

Android & Chromebook: I could not cast from my phone connected to India to my home chromecast. I could not do it from my chromebook as well. I doubled check to make sure it's not my equipment or network issues by turning off the VPN and as soon as I do that, I'm able to cast normally.

Windows 10: However, when connected to VPN through my pc, I was able to cast to my home chromecast. And the people who say you can just go ahead and turn off your VPN are correct. I turned off my vpn on my laptop, and the picture was still streaming on chromecast.

Again, I have not tested a live game. Maybe this all behaves differently with a live game. I will test iOS today.

ABOUT THE PHONE APP:
NBA.com app you download in play store will not work. On your PC, when you're at India's NBA.com and you want to log on to your league pass account, it's a straight forward logging in. And they have built in player for your browser. No problems. But on your smartphone, it will prompt you to download the NBA app, I assume it's the international version of the app, and mechanisms are put in place to prevent you from doing it because they know your google account is in the US. You will not be able to download the app. Downloading the NBA.com app in the US prior to turning on VPN does not work. That NBA.com app in Play store is geo locked for the US market, so even when you're on VPN, and you open that app, it knows your true location. You need the international version of the app, which doesn't show up in the US play store. I downloaded mine from APKPURE NBA APP.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Runway8 on Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

I just tried it out now(I use Nord VPN). I was able to purchase it from the India NBA website, but when I log into the NBA app using my credentials I keep getting wrong username/password. I can log into the NBA India website fine and can see my active NBA League Pass subscription so who knows. If I get it working ill update my post. Worst case scenario I'm out $15.

I hate the idea of spending $40 a month for a cable box just to watch Laker games.

Update: So it looks like I am able to log in using the website(NOT THE APP) and was able to play some random video clips. Once the season starts, I should be able to repeat the process them beam it to my TV.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

I just tried it out now(I use Nord VPN). I was able to purchase it from the India NBA website, but when I log into the NBA app using my credentials I keep getting wrong username/password. I can log into the NBA India website fine and can see my active NBA League Pass subscription so who knows. If I get it working ill update my post. Worst case scenario I'm out $15.

I hate the idea of spending $40 a month for a cable box just to watch Laker games.

Update: So it looks like I am able to log in using the website(NOT THE APP) and was able to play some random video clips. Once the season starts, I should be able to repeat the process them beam it to my TV.

I replied directly to you above. Read my post if you want to use the APP.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

I'm using IOS, so that wont work for me HOWEVER I did manage a workaround if you're using IOS:

1)Sign out of the App store on your IOS device

2)Create a new Apple ID using the VPN and make the set the region to India.

3)Log back into the App store using your account

4)Download the NBA app(which will now be coming from India app store)

5)Log into the NBA app using the credentials you used to sign up for India league pass

6)Watch and enjoy. I was able to browse a few clips on my phone since there are no games yet.

What's great is when you have the NBA India app on your phone, you don't even need the VPN connected it just streams whatever you want.

Also the streams appear to be coming from US servers so the videos load instantly.

Last edited by george w kush on Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

I'm using IOS, so that wont work for me HOWEVER I did manage a workaround if you're using IOS:

1)Sign out of the App store on your IOS device

2)Create a new Apple ID using the VPN and make the set the region to India.

3)Log back into the App store using your account

4)Download the NBA app(which will now be coming from India app store)

5)Log into the NBA app using the credentials you used to sign up for India league pass

6)Watch and enjoy. I was able to browse a few clips on my phone since there are no games yet.

What's great is when you have the NBA India app on your phone, you don't even need the VPN connected it just streams whatever you want.

I wonder if this works as well if you go through the same process with creating new google accounts set to India. Hmm...
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

I gotta say...i never expected this thread to get this much traction.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: