No Cable, How to watch Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indyrckstar
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: No Cable, How to watch Lakers?

VindicatioN wrote:
pcdodger wrote:
I “cut the cord” and no longer have a cable or satellite subscription. I am able to watch the Dodgers using VPN unlocator and MLB.tv, but the NBA is much more strict with allowance of a similar set up. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Just google “reddit nba streams” on gameday and youll be set.

This

You can watch any sport with reddit. NFL ticket is basically the same thing when going to reddit.

College football games will pretty much all be there.

NBA is the same.

I would recommend an adblocker and don't be stupid with downloading anything they suggest.

Typically, the streams are really good quality too.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:50 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
george w kush wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
george w kush wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
Sign up for a VPN service, then sign up for league pass via India website. Full year should be like $5. Then u can watch all games anytime. Good VPN will be like $50 a year though

Does this really work? I already use NordVPN.
I want to know as well. And what is india's nba league pass site?

I just tried it out now(I use Nord VPN). I was able to purchase it from the India NBA website, but when I log into the NBA app using my credentials I keep getting wrong username/password. I can log into the NBA India website fine and can see my active NBA League Pass subscription so who knows. If I get it working ill update my post. Worst case scenario I'm out $15.

I hate the idea of spending $40 a month for a cable box just to watch Laker games.

Update: So it looks like I am able to log in using the website(NOT THE APP) and was able to play some random video clips. Once the season starts, I should be able to repeat the process them beam it to my TV.

I replied directly to you above. Read my post if you want to use the APP.

I'm using IOS, so that wont work for me HOWEVER I did manage a workaround if you're using IOS:

1)Sign out of the App store on your IOS device

2)Create a new Apple ID using the VPN and make the set the region to India.

3)Log back into the App store using your account

4)Download the NBA app(which will now be coming from India app store)

5)Log into the NBA app using the credentials you used to sign up for India league pass

6)Watch and enjoy. I was able to browse a few clips on my phone since there are no games yet.

What's great is when you have the NBA India app on your phone, you don't even need the VPN connected it just streams whatever you want.

Also the streams appear to be coming from US servers so the videos load instantly.

Thanks for confirming everything works well. I am planning to sign up when the season starts. How do you plan on watching games on your Tv? Is there an Apple TV app?

You play it using the app on your phone, then once it is playing you beam it to your TV using whatever media appliance you have(Apple TV/Roku/Fire stick etc...)

It might be just as simple with Android. I thought I had to turn VPN, as well as the international NBA app, but I just found out, you don't need to log into VPN either. Just sign into the account and start playing. And casting works without hassle since vpn is not involved.

The reason I didn't think of this is because when I'm logged into the app without VPN, and I check my account status, it says I have no subscription. If I turn on VPN, then it shows I'm subscribed to league pass. So I never thought to test the streaming without VPN. But it works.

Testing Clippers game right now which should be blacked out, but it works.

Trying to get this to work. I have an s10+ (works fine on it) but using the app on my firestick is a chore and you can't get the games full screen.

*edit
I was able to find a different version of the app, now working perfectly on my firestick. Used vpn to login, once I logged in I was able to turn off the VPN and watch as normal.

The app you found is it made for a clicker remote? If yes, please share.

Yeah it works perfectly with the stock firestick remote (no need for mouse toggle etc). Games are perfectly full screen as well. If you have firestick, download aptoide, from there you should be able to find the NBA app, that one works (completely different UI from the janky one that doesn't work well with remotes).
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject:

Great thread. Interesting stuff I never knew about.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:02 am    Post subject:

Wow I had no idea about this India league pass thing. Great info.

Runaway8 what VPN are you using?
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

I use NordVPN personally.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

Works gr8, thanks!

PIA VPN user here.
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

Did they India Apple ID thing and works like a freaking charm. You can also cast it from the app.
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

If anybody's being sketchy, we are. LOL! We knew the risk. Mine is still working. Knock on wood.

Mine got locked when I tried to login to the India vpn NBA app. I think I know why. Even though I’m using a VPN, iOS has location services running. That triggered my account to get locked.

If I didn’t try that, and just watched over the computer, it would probably still work.

After getting locked out with IOS, did you try computer or Android?

Yeah, the whole account is locked. Says contact customer support, but I think I’m just going to leave it.

Which VPN service are you using?
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject:

Arbitrary wrote:

Torguard. Was getting 32 mbps in India, but still had some buffering issues in HD.

I just got a really good offer from my cable company, so I think I’m going to sign up for a year, then cancel when the fees go up.
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
Arbitrary wrote:

Torguard. Was getting 32 mbps in India, but still had some buffering issues in HD.

I just got a really good offer from my cable company, so I think I’m going to sign up for a year, then cancel when the fees go up.

Well, I'm glad you're getting a deal. On my end, I think it might have been your VPN (TorGuard) since it works under the US jurisdiction while the other often-mentioned VPN—NordVPN—operates under the jurisdiction of Panama.

So far, I haven't had any problems with the setup.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

I'm sorry if this was already discussed. But are you guys going through the VPN & watching through your computers?

I wanted to watch the games through my apple tv. I'd prefer not to AirPlay it to the TV. I saw earlier that FireStick might be the best path for me but I'm not sure if I can access NBA League Pass via VPN through India on my Apple TV.

Can someone help guide me?

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
I'm sorry if this was already discussed. But are you guys going through the VPN & watching through your computers?

I wanted to watch the games through my apple tv. I'd prefer not to AirPlay it to the TV. I saw earlier that FireStick might be the best path for me but I'm not sure if I can access NBA League Pass via VPN through India on my Apple TV.

I don't have an Apple TV, but I have watched on my PC, laptop, iPad, and iPhone using the VPN+India LP method.

On instances that I want it on my TV, I would connect my laptop and TV with an HDMI cable.

Is there significant delay if you use AirPlay?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

I use newshosting usenet, which comes with their vpn, which I believe is openvpn.

The quality doesn't matter because you'll only need it to sign up, and to launch the app. You don't need it to stream. Once you launch the app, you can turn it off and stream.

At least, that's my experience with Android. I've also stopped using iOS based on DO IT MITCH's experience of getting his account locked.

For Fire Stick, you need to find the NBA for Android TV app. That app is made for the remote clicker. But my experience with this is not good either because I'm constantly forced to clear data and input login info again.

The best user experience for me so far is through android phone and casting to chromecast. Turn on VPN, turn on NBA app, turn off VPN, and cast/stream.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Glad I found out about the India VPN thing. I was planning on calling spectrum just to order a box for $50 a month for the duration of the season.

9x50=$450

NBA LP+ India VPN=$15
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:

I have an Apple TV.

So once you download the nba league pass app via Indian App Store, you just need to sign back into your normal American iCloud account and use the app without doing any thing else. You do NOT need to log into India VPN. Just launch the app and play on your phone. To get it on TV, just airplay. You do not need the nba app on your tv or vpn your ATV
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

Frontier people... please update this thread and let us know if and when you guys get Access Sportsnet back. Thanks!
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
ahaider wrote:

I have an Apple TV.

So once you download the nba league pass app via Indian App Store, you just need to sign back into your normal American iCloud account and use the app without doing any thing else. You do NOT need to log into India VPN. Just launch the app and play on your phone. To get it on TV, just airplay. You do not need the nba app on your tv or vpn your ATV

This worked for me the other day with my ipad and Indian app. Now it just says I can't sign up for League Pass from my location even though I am already logged into an account that is signed up for league pass. It still works on my desktop with torguard VPN. Well see how long it works. Obviously I would prefer not to be on an indian VPN on my computer. Anybody know if I can start the game on PC with the indian vpn and then disconnect from the VPN? Or is that just asking for a ban? I know I've done that before with other services that required a VPN.

Was also thinking of rooting my android to fake my location for the NBA app. Not sure how well that works though.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
ahaider wrote:

I have an Apple TV.

This worked for me the other day with my ipad and Indian app. Now it just says I can't sign up for League Pass from my location even though I am already logged into an account that is signed up for league pass. It still works on my desktop with torguard VPN. Well see how long it works. Obviously I would prefer not to be on an indian VPN on my computer. Anybody know if I can start the game on PC with the indian vpn and then disconnect from the VPN? Or is that just asking for a ban? I know I've done that before with other services that required a VPN.

Was also thinking of rooting my android to fake my location for the NBA app. Not sure how well that works though.

You are right. I just checked and I now have to log into Indian VPN to get the app to work. Not a huge deal for me tho
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
eureca wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
ahaider wrote:

I have an Apple TV.

You are right. I just checked and I now have to log into Indian VPN to get the app to work. Not a huge deal for me tho

Nice I thought they used the GPS to check your location. I just installed the torguard VPN app and logged in. IOS app working again. I even can send the stream to my chromecast which isn't on a VPN. I tried to send it to my chromecast on my PC through chrome and it wouldn't work.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Frontier people... please update this thread and let us know if and when you guys get Access Sportsnet back. Thanks!

Good luck sports net got greedy asking for $10 a month to view Laker/Dodger games. Greedy ass (bleep). (bleep) is wild.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Yeah a friend of mine lost Spectrum Sportsnet on FIOS so now he's scrambling...sucks...
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject:

I'm curious, I am on the nbabite site and I see the laker game. I click on it, but there isn't any links to the game. Is there something I am missing?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
I'm curious, I am on the nbabite site and I see the laker game. I click on it, but there isn't any links to the game. Is there something I am missing?

Ya that site is whack. Should've never mentioned it. I'm gonna message you something now.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject:

I can watch through the NBA site on my laptop using the india VPN, but not through the nba app on my android phone or firestick. It's annoying.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
J
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

You'll need the international NBA app for Android. It has a lighter blue icon.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: