I’m Already Almost On The Fire Vogel Train After This Quote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dj1337
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject:

brock wrote:
Rondo will likely come off the bench. Lebron, AD, Green and Kuz are locks to start. There's plenty of shooting there, so I bet he elects to go with a secondary ball handler and more D. My guess is Avery Bradley.

kuz is not lock to start, mcgee or howard will start at center and ad to the 4, leaves no room for kuzma. Lebron can play point but you need bradley or someone to start to guard opposing pgs.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

The team has two true facilitators...so of course you want to stagger LBJ & Rondo. Caruso hasn't proven himself a true PG as none of the other guards on this team and he is the third best option. Team is made up of spot up shooters they will need someone to get them going. Who else is going to run the offense?

If you hate Rondo fine but right now he is one of the only true PG on this team.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Rondo hate has gotten out of hand around here. He was just as much a victim of the "no shooters" roster as Lebron was. Give the guy a chance. JFC.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Rondo hate has gotten out of hand around here. He was just as much a victim of the "no shooters" roster as Lebron was. Give the guy a chance. JFC.

Offense is whatever. Yeah he can’t space the floor and is ball dominant but he can run the PnR.

My problem with him is his utter lack of defense. Like he’s in the bottom 10%.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject:

I was annoyed at this comment for a different reason...
i dont think lbj should be playing point or ballhandler too much at all. i was hoping one of the caruso/kcp/green types or kuz, etc would do that and lbj would be more in the paint causing matchup problems and getting shooters open and big men open looks.

i hate lbj bringing the ball up. its the worst.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Offense is whatever. Yeah he can’t space the floor and is ball dominant but he can run the PnR.

My problem with him is his utter lack of defense. Like he’s in the bottom 10%.

Interestingly enough, ESPN RPM has him in the bottom 25%--so, saying he is in bottom 10% isn't a stretch and is probably supportable by looking at some metric or another. The bottom 10%, though, are--according to ESPN--T.J. McConnell, Emmanuel Mudiay, Derrick Rose, Frank Jackson, Spencer Dinwiddie, Quinn Cook (current Laker), Jordan Clarkson, Collin Sexton, and at the very bottom Trae Young (link). ESPN also has Kemba Walker ranked below Rondo defensively (by just a little). Do you feel the same about each of these?

--Anonymous
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject:

OP must be that guy from silverscreenandroll that takes shots at Rondo every chance he gets.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Vogel took the Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Allen Heat to 7 games in the East finals with inferior talent and might have beaten them if game 7 was in Indiana. I think he has an idea about what he's doing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Why are people putting Green with the second unit? Unless I missed Vogel saying something I don't see any chance he is not in the starting lineup. No way KCP is starting over him.

I agree Caruso would be my pick with the second unit but my guess is it will be Rondo at least in the beginning since he can be a leader and make sure everyone is running the offense right but by mid season I would not be surprised (or at least I hope!) Caruso takes his minutes away.

My hope if Rondo does get playing time is that he will be rejuvenated and put effort on the defensive end since there's legit title hopes this season but i'm obviously not expecting that after watching him last season just hoping.

There are such a ridiculous amount of possibilities with this roster which is both a good and bad thing. There is def. going to be some changes by the time we get to the playoffs so i'm just going to enjoy the ride and hope that for the first time in a longggggg time we have a coaching staff that actually makes some tough decisions that work out for the better.

He can start and play with the second unit
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

brock wrote:
Rondo will likely come off the bench. Lebron, AD, Green and Kuz are locks to start. There's plenty of shooting there, so I bet he elects to go with a secondary ball handler and more D. My guess is Avery Bradley.

I don’t see Kuzma starting unless we have some untimely injuries
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
The team has two true facilitators...so of course you want to stagger LBJ & Rondo. Caruso hasn't proven himself a true PG as none of the other guards on this team and he is the third best option. Team is made up of spot up shooters they will need someone to get them going. Who else is going to run the offense?

If you hate Rondo fine but right now he is one of the only true PG on this team.

He is what a true PG was in 2005, not 2019. He is pretty much the opposite of PGs on title contending teams. It isn’t about liking or disliking, it is about fit on the court. The days of a PG pounding the ball for 16 seconds are long gone.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
scout0_0 wrote:
kwase wrote:
Don't worry, halfway through the season lebron will leak through the media that Vogel is the problem with the team and he should be fired. J. Kidd will probably end up coaching the team at some point. It's going to be David Blatt all over again.

For the the pessimist the glass is always half empty

I'm surprised. He usually tries to fill his LBJ quota at the end of the month. But maybe a jump start going early this month.

Eric Speolstra, David Blatt and Luke Walton say hi.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
scout0_0 wrote:
kwase wrote:
Don't worry, halfway through the season lebron will leak through the media that Vogel is the problem with the team and he should be fired. J. Kidd will probably end up coaching the team at some point. It's going to be David Blatt all over again.

I'd love to have this wager against all the haters: If we win the Chip this year, they (bleep) off from LG forever. If we miss the playoffs, everyone else does.

I like that bet! Start a poll and let's see who's down.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

LandsbergerRules wrote:
scout0_0 wrote:
kwase wrote:

I'd love to have this wager against all the haters: If we win the Chip this year, they (bleep) off from LG forever. If we miss the playoffs, everyone else does.

I like that bet! Start a poll and let's see who's down. Make it not make the playoffs or lose in the 1st round and you got a shot at turning LG into the monolithic, communistic North Korea that some of you want. You can get rid of all the people that know how to think without purple glasses on, praising every single move we make and then blaming the coach or Jeannie instead of the players when things don't go right. Here's your chance to (bleep) off, as you put it, all the people on the site that have been paying attention to lebron and his act his entire career and don't think he's going to change at 35 all because he put a Laker uniform on. I'm game!

Last edited by kwase on Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

Why do people start threads like this ?
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

What do you want him to say? He was asked about Rondo playing with AD, what's he supposed to say ? "LOL IT'S NOT LIKE RONDO GETTIN MINUTES, NEXT QUESTION!"

Imagine a world where you're wanting your head coach fired for answering a question and complimenting a player on the team, all he said was that he liked Rondo in with AD and also didn't have a problem with Rondo and LeBron on the floor together. Never did he say that Rondo would be getting significant minutes.

The only subject with Rondo should be about whether he's getting significant minutes while playing poorly. If he comes out and is playing well no one should have a problem with him getting minutes, if he comes out playing like (bleep) and still getting 20+ mpg then we have a problem.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

Because a good portion of Laker fans love to bash our coaches. That's why we've had like 20 of them in the last 8 years. There are even some folks that bash Phil Jackson even though he brought us 5 championships. Don't try to figure it out, just roll with it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
AD23 wrote:

Because a good portion of Laker fans love to bash our coaches. That's why we've had like 20 of them in the last 8 years. There are even some folks that bash Phil Jackson even though he brought us 5 championships. Don't try to figure it out, just roll with it.

Yeah. Like those people who love to bash our...nevermind.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kwase wrote:
AD23 wrote:

I don't give people credit for what they did when they were not Lakers. What lebron did last year was horrible. He destroyed the moral of the team by telling everyone in the media that he wanted AD. He looked disinterested most of the time, not even participating in timeouts. He got Luke fired. He didn't play a lick of defense and we didn't make the playoffs after he became "activated". Can he actually accomplish something here first before you start heaping praise on him. So far, all he's done is trade our future away and cause turmoil. And before you say that we got AD, you might want to have him sign a long-term contract before you start counting your chickens.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject:

I’m gonna shock Laker fans with this statement: there is a better chance Rondo has a all star caliber season then Vogel getting canned.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Another fun fact for the Rondo-haters and Ball-lovers, did you check out their shooting percentages for last season?

no? ok, here they are:

Ball: .406%
Rondo: .405%

Huge difference...lol
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kwase wrote:
AD23 wrote:

I don't give people credit for what they did when they were not Lakers. What lebron did last year was horrible. He destroyed the moral of the team by telling everyone in the media that he wanted AD. He looked disinterested most of the time, not even participating in timeouts. He got Luke fired. He didn't play a lick of defense and we didn't make the playoffs after he became "activated". Can he actually accomplish something here first before you start heaping praise on him. So far, all he's done is trade our future away and cause turmoil. And before you say that we got AD, you might want to have him sign a long-term contract before you start counting your chickens.

Shhh... facts hurt some people’s feelings around here
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:24 am    Post subject:

Why not blame the moron who signed him?

There was absolutely zero market for this guy. If it weren't for the Lakers, he would have been out of the league two years ago. A dinosaur with a grass blade of upside and a mountain of downside..
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:18 am    Post subject:

There was a lot of "it was Magic, not Rob" that I was willing to concede. But the Rondo resigning was pretty damning and demonstrates a fundamental disconnect with

a) how basketball is played and
b) how effective Rondo is on either side of the floor (A: he is not effective on either side)

I'm willing to believe Vogel knows he has a volatile lockerroom on his hands between LeBron's impatience and famously resistant buy-in, AD's impending free agency and Jason Kidd looming (Rob's other major dumbass move). He knows he needs Rondo on his side. I hate to say it, I really do, but hopefully he gets injured. Not seriously, but enough dings here and there to keep him out
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kwase wrote:
AD23 wrote:

But hey let’s not criticize our coach! Amirite?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9
Jump to: