I’m Already Almost On The Fire Vogel Train After This Quote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
It's a reflection of where he is at this point in his career. He was the 8th pick in his draft because of his athleticism. What is seldom measured for such a high pick is Bball IQ. He doesn't have much of it. New schemes are going to take him longer than say, a Danny Green at the same stage of his career.

If he could get by solely based on athleticism he would. One of my pure delights about Anthony Davis is the Bball IQ to match his athleticism. It remains to me the most underrated aspect of Golden's State's championship core.

They had the BBIQ to make Walton look like a smart coach. No small feat.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
It's a reflection of where he is at this point in his career. He was the 8th pick in his draft because of his athleticism. What is seldom measured for such a high pick is Bball IQ. He doesn't have much of it. New schemes are going to take him longer than say, a Danny Green at the same stage of his career.

If he could get by solely based on athleticism he would. One of my pure delights about Anthony Davis is the Bball IQ to match his athleticism. It remains to me the most underrated aspect of Golden's State's championship core.

They had the BBIQ to make Walton look like a smart coach. No small feat.

They did, indeed.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
KCP needs to get off to a better start or he will get the wrath. He gets confused/lost with new schemes. Dwight, I’m not sure what people expect of him, he’s been more floor bound in his last few seasons. Stuff he used to do above the rim has been more layups and finesse. So if you are expecting athletic Dwight...don’t.

Overall, though, the team play is much more nuanced than when Luke was here this time last year. Really good first game, to be honest. Usually these first games are like rickety carnie rides held together by duct tape and chewing gum. Last night they were playing with some purpose in what they were doing. Really liked seeing actions happening offensively on both weak/strong at the same time and some of the screen setting that was going on looked to be a part of our principles. Can’t wait to rewatch.

Always enjoy your input. Good news about Dwight was he was getting to his spots. Just blew catching passes, securing rebounds, and layup finishes around the hoop. Liked the effort. All those things could improve with more reps.
KCP looks like he has a mental issue. The shots he takes in games, I'm sure he makes during practice or during drills. It's just not translating. Been like that for a while. And something I didn't know about him before he got here was. His offense affects his defense. When he's hitting jumpers, his effort and (more importantly) his execution takes a leap forward everywhere else.
brock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

dj1337 wrote:
brock wrote:
Rondo will likely come off the bench. Lebron, AD, Green and Kuz are locks to start. There's plenty of shooting there, so I bet he elects to go with a secondary ball handler and more D. My guess is Avery Bradley.

kuz is not lock to start, mcgee or howard will start at center and ad to the 4, leaves no room for kuzma. Lebron can play point but you need bradley or someone to start to guard opposing pgs.

No love for Kuz at the 3?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject:

brock wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
brock wrote:
Rondo will likely come off the bench. Lebron, AD, Green and Kuz are locks to start. There's plenty of shooting there, so I bet he elects to go with a secondary ball handler and more D. My guess is Avery Bradley.

kuz is not lock to start, mcgee or howard will start at center and ad to the 4, leaves no room for kuzma. Lebron can play point but you need bradley or someone to start to guard opposing pgs.

That's where I have him. Backup 3/4.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject:

brock wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
brock wrote:

Instead of Lebron? Heck no.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject:

If we're going with a scheme of start each half with AD/LBJ, then after 8 minutes or so rest one of these two alternately while the other plays, until closing with a small ball lineup, then it makes sense that Kuz should have a big role with this team, only not starting.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
brock wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
brock wrote:

That's where I have him. Backup 3/4.

Kuz is the back up 3/4, unless the line up with him replacing McGee/Dwight is better (gonna have to be really good, McGee/Dwight set good screen and roll hard to the rim)
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject:

Yup. Backup 3/4. And he'll get a ton of minutes there as we load manage AD/LBJ.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

For the Vogel/Rondo argument, this is Cranjis play by play analysis of the Saturday game:

Cranjis McBasketball Oct 5 Game plays comments
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
For the Vogel/Rondo argument, this is Cranjis play by play analysis of the Saturday game:

Timmy seems to have liked what he saw.
Good to hear. Really good!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
lakerican wrote:

Timmy seems to have liked what he saw.
Good to hear. Really good!

He certainly likes it more than he liked Walton's and Mermuys' (bleep) offense.

Last edited by LandsbergerRules on Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

This thread is obviously created for some comical reasons lol.

Sure Every Coach we’ve had minus Dantoni would preach about the importance of defense. Even Luke.

Difference with Vogel is that where actually seeing it be a top priority in the game vs GSW.
Maybe he was blessed with the roster he was handed but I gotta say I’m liking the rotations he put out thus far.

Avery Bradley and Danny Green pestering opposing guards is fun. While AD and Javale protect the rim. While Lebron adjusts his headband lol
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

Sure Every Coach we’ve had minus Dantoni would preach about the importance of defense. Even Luke.

Difference with Vogel is that where actually seeing it be a top priority in the game vs GSW.
Maybe he was blessed with the roster he was handed but I gotta say I’m liking the rotations he put out thus far.

Avery Bradley and Danny Green pestering opposing guards is fun. While AD and Javale protect the rim. While Lebron adjusts his headband lol

Legramps be like "guard somebody while i check my stats"

KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

If year 17 Lebron doesn’t want to play defense until the playoffs he deserves that right as long as he continues averaging 28,8, and 8 like last season I’m good 🔥🏀🔥🏀💪
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:

He said what I said about Daniels. If he keeps this up he'd take KCP spot
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
lakerican wrote:

He said what I said about Daniels. If he keeps this up he'd take KCP spot

I like what he said about Daniels, and Caruso as well.

VERY encouraging to see his comments on the depth of the offense from Day 1 of preseason.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

With that starting lineup, so far it looks like we can actually afford it!
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

The Lakers were a top defensive team under Luke when they were healthy. I've never understood this narrative that portrays them as being one of the worst.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

Personally think he’s doing a great job so far especially with the personalities he’s dealing with. Not easy. Also way better then Luke.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
Personally think he’s doing a great job so far especially with the personalities he’s dealing with. Not easy. Also way better then Luke.

Kings are a better fit for Luke. Young roster, less pressure to win, no big FA surprises in the off-season, no highly-touted rookie to feel pressured to play, and his ex-teammate Ariza as the team's oldest vet.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

I gotta say it's been very reassuring so far to have a coach who seems to have a grasp of what the heck he's doing out there. Haven't had that since Phil. The moment doesn't seem too big for him. Luke was likeable but honestly in his interviews he sounded clueless a lot of the time and the way he used to speak on LeBron with kid gloves rubbed me the wrong way, he was clearly in over his head. I don't get that at all from Vogel and in fact he almost seemed unimpressed in a post practice interview when asked what it was like to see LeBron up close and personal. He has a presence about him. Not necessarily a commanding presence but someone you can trust to do their job. Plus he has the face of a baby angel.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
realking24 wrote:

Kings are a better fit for Luke. Young roster, less pressure to win, no big FA surprises in the off-season, no highly-touted rookie to feel pressured to play, and his ex-teammate Ariza as the team's oldest vet.

The mildly annoying thing is that the Kings in their first exhibition game ran more sophisticated sets than the Lakers did the past three seasons.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
realking24 wrote:

The mildly annoying thing is that the Kings in their first exhibition game ran more sophisticated sets than the Lakers did the past three seasons.

They hired that Suns coach who is really good with XO's.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

No matter what you guys think about Rondo, there's one thing you have to give him - he has experience, and that's invaluable.

This is his 14th year, he's won a championship, he's been to the finals a second time, and the conference finals a third time.

Even if Caruso is better at this point all around, he's still really inexperienced. Rondo should come off the bench during the regular season and only play a certain number of minutes, but come playoff (and hopefully championship) time, he'll be a lot more valuable because he's been there and done that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9
Jump to: