Screw the Clips, Bucks Roster is the real threat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:06 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I remember when someone once called themselves the Kobe stopper because they saw a scheme work against Kobe twice before.

They didn't count on the idea of Kobe adjusting.

If we're talking Milwaukee, I didn't see many adjustments in the ECF last year. Not much to do when you can't shoot jumpers or apparently make a good pass out of a double team.

Maybe he needs to play the 5 against certain teams who can bottle him up? Brook and Robin aren't spacing the floor at all, opposing coaches will let them shoot all day rather than give Giannis free rein in the paint.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I remember when someone once called themselves the Kobe stopper because they saw a scheme work against Kobe twice before.

ppl always tryna label some bs. there was no such thing as a kobe stopper. only thing that could stop kobe was 1 or 2 defenders helping the guy guarding him and him having an off night!!
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
MJST wrote:

ppl always tryna label some bs. there was no such thing as a kobe stopper. only thing that could stop kobe was 1 or 2 defenders helping the guy guarding him and him having an off night!!

And changing league rules so they could pack it in with zone defenses
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Can’t deal with the Bucks until you beat the Clippers
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Giannis is the best player in the world. He's taking 5 threes a game now too (currently 31%). Thank god he's only 1 man. He'll probably have to guard Brow whenever we play them. Which means MIL has nobody who can slow down Bron.
I like how we matchup against them. Just have to make sure we run everybody not named Freak off the 3pt line and we'll be fine.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Giannis is the best player in the world. He's taking 5 threes a game now too (currently 31%). Thank god he's only 1 man. He'll probably have to guard Brow whenever we play them. Which means MIL has nobody who can slow down Bron.
I like how we matchup against them. Just have to make sure we run everybody not named Freak off the 3pt line and we'll be fine.

He'll stay with MIL for a long time. He has roots over there, and the community loves him. That makes it hard for him to move. If MIL gets embarrassed in the playoffs, maybe he won't sign the supermax next summer then anything goes.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Didn’t they hang onto Middleton?
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
kikanga wrote:

He'll stay with MIL for a long time. He has roots over there, and the community loves him. That makes it hard for him to move. If MIL gets embarrassed in the playoffs, maybe he won't sign the supermax next summer then anything goes.

The last time I checked, it was Russell Westbrook you can consider a loyal to the franchise player. I think even after PG betrayed him, he still would stick to his team. But the owner made a wise decision to send him to a better place to win. Now, let's see how Giannis is the same guy.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kikanga wrote:

He doesn't really have the tendency to attack the rim, or even shoot one-dribble pull ups. As a playmaker, he's more KCP than a reliable 2nd option.

I wish the Bucks could make the Finals. But to get #17, we're going to have to beat another shade of green.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
kikanga wrote:

He doesn't really have the tendency to attack the rim, or even shoot one-dribble pull ups. As a playmaker, he's more KCP than a reliable 2nd option.

I wish the Bucks could make the Finals. But to get #17, we're going to have to beat another shade of green.

Well if AD is guarding Giannis, that should give the Lakers a great chance. I think AD can guard him fine. But when AD plays center, Lebron would guard Giannis?..I wonder how that matchup would go
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

it sucks that we play the Bucks for the first time at the end of a 5 game almost 2 week road trip. I wish we could play them on the front end of the road trip.

Also, if Miami wins tonight against Atlanta, they will be undefeated at home this year when we play there on Friday.
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
it sucks that we play the Bucks for the first time at the end of a 5 game almost 2 week road trip. I wish we could play them on the front end of the road trip.

Also, if Miami wins tonight against Atlanta, they will be undefeated at home this year when we play there on Friday.

Is this what people call "First World problems"?
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

Would you rather have Lakers break the bucks win streak? or the bucks lose before our matchup
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
Would you rather have Lakers break the bucks win streak? or the bucks lose before our matchup

I want Lakers to beat heat and give them a first home loss and end bucks streak
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:

We need the Bucks to start losing some games, so before.
If we don’t have home court in the Finals, assuming we get there, that could be a problem. Closing out Championships on the road is very dicey
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

We worried about a Bucks team that has never made the Finals? If they aren't exposed (again) before the Finals, we will blow them out. Giannis will not stop AD, who has owned him multiple times in the past. If Giannis doesn't guard AD, we can expect AD to average 40 against them. Bledsoe and Brook Lopez each average about 2-3 really dumb shots per game, which will cost them against good teams. If the Bucks still had Brogdon, i might be a little worried, but we will smash them as they are currently constructed.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Well if AD is guarding Giannis, that should give the Lakers a great chance. I think AD can guard him fine. But when AD plays center, Lebron would guard Giannis?..I wonder how that matchup would go

I would not put AD on Giannis all game if we can get away with it. Save those fouls for the 4th quarter. In a tight game, last 6 minutes of the 4th, sick AD on him.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
We worried about a Bucks team that has never made the Finals? If they aren't exposed (again) before the Finals, we will blow them out. Giannis will not stop AD, who has owned him multiple times in the past. If Giannis doesn't guard AD, we can expect AD to average 40 against them. Bledsoe and Brook Lopez each average about 2-3 really dumb shots per game, which will cost them against good teams. If the Bucks still had Brogdon, i might be a little worried, but we will smash them as they are currently constructed.

Totally disagree.
They look like a team right on the edge of greatness.
I’ve said it before, you never know when the next legend of the game will emerge..and at who’s expense.

I sincerely hope the Lakers aren’t as overconfident as you.
I think we beat them in 6 or 7 games. But I don’t see any blowouts on the horizon when it comes to the Bucks in June (If we get there and if we face them)

Last edited by LaLaLakeShow on Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

boston wont be no push over but i do think milwaukee will edge them out to make it to the finals. boston has no true go to superstar!! kemba and tatum nahh. they're allstar level not the type you count on to win a ECF series
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Totally disagree.
I’ve said it before, you never know when the next legend of the game will emerge..and at who’s expense.

I think we beat them in 6 or 7 games. But I don’t see any beat downs on the horizon when it comes to the Bucks in June (If we get there and if we face them)

What has changed since last year that makes the Bucks better this year? From what i've seen, Giannis still can't shoot, they lost Brogdon, and no one else on their team can create consistently without taking stupid shots (looking at Bledsoe primarily here). What is going to happen when Giannis is forced into shooting from mid-range and 3 in clutch scenarios? He's certainly not scoring in the paint consistently against our team. The OKC Thunder were "on the edge of greatness" every year until KD left, and KD can actually shoot and play defense (before Achilles).

As a result, I don't think it's overconfidence to believe we will sweep or 4-1 them; our team should go out on the court with the mentality of completely dominating them to the point of not letting them win a single game in the series.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

i saw this head to head stats between ad and giannis

12 games played
AD's team 8-4
Giannis' team 4-8

points per game
AD 26.7
Giannis 18.3

rebounds per game
AD 10.3
Giannis 6.8

assists per game
Giannis 4.2
AD 2.8

steals per game
AD 1.4
Giannis 1.3

blocks per game
AD 2.5
Giannis 1.3
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Totally disagree.

I think we beat them in 6 or 7 games. But I don’t see any beat downs on the horizon when it comes to the Bucks in June (If we get there and if we face them)

What has changed since last year that makes the Bucks better this year? From what i've seen, Giannis still can't shoot, they lost Brogdon, and no one else on their team can create consistently without taking stupid shots (looking at Bledsoe primarily here). What is going to happen when Giannis is forced into shooting from mid-range and 3 in clutch scenarios? He's certainly not scoring in the paint consistently against our team. The OKC Thunder were "on the edge of greatness" every year until KD left, and KD can actually shoot and play defense (before Achilles).

As a result, I don't think it's overconfidence to believe we will sweep or 4-1 them; our team should go out on the court with the mentality of completely dominating them to the point of not letting them win a single game in the series.

Maybe you’re right. I’m not as confident as you with this match up.
Hopefully we’ll see it play out
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Totally disagree.

i'm confident because ad is the type of guy who can bother giannis. kinda like how horford did a pretty good job on him last year and ad is a better defender than him
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Totally disagree.

i'm confident because ad is the type of guy who can bother giannis. kinda like how horford did a pretty good job on him last year and ad is a better defender than him

Time will tell. I think we’re better than the Bucks.
But it doesn’t always play out the way you think
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Is this what people call "First World problems"?

That’s what we felt about the Denver-Utah-Portland road trip, we play better against tougher comp, great tests to have, they can see which hole is worth shaking the roster after this trip
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17
Jump to: