NY Post: Lakers Offered Odom For Frye
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirRunnethOfSoCal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Consider your source. The NY Post makes the National Enquirer look like Time Magazine.
VicsLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject:

NY post, is kinda like EL Despacho over here in LA. they come up with some crazy stuff. at least the few that i have seen.
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject:

sodapoppenski - i don't think odom has plateaued or reached his real potential in the tri- yet...

would have loved to have had him moved for a more consistent 2nd option (lewis/artest) but, going by the last 2 games, i can see why phil thinks odom could really end up doing well in his offense...
mm708
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject:

SirRunnethOfSoCal wrote:
Consider your source. The NY Post makes the National Enquirer look like Time Magazine.

NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject:

And 1 wrote:
Socks wrote:
I don't know if I buy this. The NY Post isn't the most reliable and Isiah is infamous for "leaking" false rumors he wants to spread.

I guess you have to take it for what it's worth, but I'm beginning to get the idea that Odom's "value" in the league is a lot less than some of biggest fans think - maybe the Laker organization too.

Just thinking back to the rumors involving LO we've heard:

The first one was last season when Sac offered up Peja for him. The Lakers turned them down.

During the off-season, the Pacers reportedly offered Artest for Odom, and we turned them down.

When Artest got suspended, the Lakers reportedly offered Odom for him, but were turned down. The rumor was that the Pacers wanted Bynum or no deal. Odom by himself? No. Odom with Bynum handcuffed to him? Yes.

And if you believe the Post (though I think there were other publications that went with this rumor) Odom (+ whoever) wasn't worth parting with a yet-to-be established (though promising) rookie.

Here's the link, but I think you might have to register to view it.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/62359.htm

And 1 - This is nothing more than you believing what YOU want to believe. I live in New York and listen to The Fan and other sports talk every day. The original rumor was that the Lakers were trying to land Marbury or Crawford on the cheap since both were in Brown's dog house at various times this year. The Knicks said no so the rumor was that the Lakers upped the ante to include Odom (one of Brown's coveted players) as the centerpeice provided the Knicks threw Frye into the mix. So the trade was Odom and pieces for Marbury and Frye. Knicks fans were salivating over the possibility of landing Odom (a local guy). The feeling in NY now is that Thomas held onto to Frye to be the young big he could include in a potential deal for KG this coming summer.

As to that whole Odom for Artest rumor. That has been discredited over and over by both "insiders" and traditional journalists. Of course, like the hacks at the NY Post ... you don't seem to let the truth stand in the way of a good story IF it supports your hatred.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject:

NYK getting JACKED right now by the Nets, at home no less.

Keep up the good work Zeke.

And trade poor Channing.

I'm a Wildcat and dammit that man deserves better than that mess.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:

8 mins left in the 4th quarter.

Francis + Marbury = 12pts, 5ast.

Oh Zeke, let me lick your tears, they taste like infinate sadness...

Bask in the glory of your masterpiece!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: