2019-2020 GENERAL B-BALL TALK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Curry - 31
Thompson - 29
Green - 29
Burks - 28

WCS - 26
Glenn Robinson - 25

Russell - 23
Looney - 23
Chriss - 22
Evans - 22
Spellman - 22
Paschall - 22

Poole - 20
Smailagic - 19

A much younger and less experienced team compared to recent years.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

BTW guys, SGA is the real deal. Wow! And 4 1st round picks? The Clippers truly had to view it as a deal for Both KL and PG13.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
It's strange. On paper, they're simply missing 1 of their big 3 in Klay, right? To which the added D'Lo to try an offset. This tells you the role players and chemistry for their team was super important.

If I were the dubs, Curry is already 31, I'd cash in on him now. For a cornerstone franchise prospect, someone like Zach Norvell.

This just shows how good Klay is
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
It's strange. On paper, they're simply missing 1 of their big 3 in Klay, right? To which the added D'Lo to try an offset. This tells you the role players and chemistry for their team was super important.

If I were the dubs, Curry is already 31, I'd cash in on him now. For a cornerstone franchise prospect, someone like Zach Norvell.

System still important, Klay doesn't create his own shots. They're just not the same as they were when it started in 2015. Getting KD guranteed them a few chips, but the big 3 chemistry probably suffered in the process and will never get back to what they were before KD. Not to mention all the surrounding pieces are gone. I think they'll definitely get better with Klay, but hopefully their time is over.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Danillo was also a big part of the Clippers. With the improvement of SGA, did the Clippers really need to switch SGA and Danillo for PG13? And give them 4 1st rds too? Dang.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

System still important, Klay doesn't create his own shots. They're just not the same as they were when it started in 2015. Getting KD guranteed them a few chips, but the big 3 chemistry probably suffered in the process and will never get back to what they were before KD. Not to mention all the surrounding pieces are gone. I think they'll definitely get better with Klay, but hopefully their time is over.

Yea it's not just Klay. Obviously Klay is huge, but before KD they also had a younger Iggy who was one of the best defenders in the NBA. And not to mention a 6"8 Harrison Barnes who could switch. Bogut at 7 foot with his moving screens for Steph/Klay. 6"7 Livingston off the bench before he declined so much.

Klay will be a big help but they need a roster overhaul. Obviously DLO's contract would be the one you think they would move to get multiple pieces back.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Danillo was also a big part of the Clippers. With the improvement of SGA, did the Clippers really need to switch SGA and Danillo for PG13? And give them 4 1st rds too? Dang.

OKC is gonna need to flip Gallo before the deadline since he's an UFA next summer, which could actually get them a nice player or pick from a team like Denver or Portland.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

Yes. Kawhi wasn't coming unless they swung for PG.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

Yes because Kawhi wouldn’t sign unless PG13 became a Clipper. He specifically told them to get George. That’s why the Clippers gave up so much; they viewed it as a trade for two star players, not one.

Edit: Someone just beat me to it.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Yea it's not just Klay. Obviously Klay is huge, but before KD they also had a younger Iggy who was one of the best defenders in the NBA. And not to mention a 6"8 Harrison Barnes who could switch. Bogut at 7 foot with his moving screens for Steph/Klay. 6"7 Livingston off the bench before he declined so much.

Klay will be a big help but they need a roster overhaul. Obviously DLO's contract would be the one you think they would move to get multiple pieces back.

I was going to say something similar. The Warriors lost almost all of their defenders, and those guys were very good defenders. Now they have young, inexperienced players that don’t know how to defend.

Is the Warriors defense the worst on the league?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

It was really more than a big 3. Iguodala was a very good player. And so was Harrison Barnes. The Warriors beat the Rockets and Blazers without KD and looked so good doing it that people asked if they were better without KD and KD got upset about it. So I don’t think the big 3 lost anything.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Ja Morant holding his own against Kyrie. Just blocked him and going to overtime. 12-19 28 pts so far. Morant seems like another real deal. Amazing me managed to miss out on all the real dynamic point guards in the past few drafts.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Ja Morant holding his own against Kyrie. Just blocked him and going to overtime. 12-19 28 pts so far. Morant seems like another real deal. Amazing me managed to miss out on all the real dynamic point guards in the past few drafts.

Walton is ruining De'Aaron Fox, don't worry.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

LOL! I didn't even think about Fox, another option we passed. But I mean the year we don't have a pick, Doncic and Trae Young were in it. Then we got the 4th pick, it wasn't good enough to draft Morant. Wouldn't matter anyways, I'm sure Klutch would have traded even the #1 pick for AD.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

LOL! I didn't even think about Fox, another option we passed. But I mean the year we don't have a pick, Doncic and Trae Young were in it. Then we got the 4th pick, it wasn't good enough to draft Morant. Wouldn't matter anyways, I'm sure Klutch would have traded even the #1 pick for AD.

Agreed, but lord! Imagine Zion and Lebron together
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

I don't even like Morant?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

If he shoots; if he shoots. But I'd worry about the pre-alcoholic John Wall ceiling for Morant if the pull-up 3 doesn't come.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Sorry Dubs fans gonna be a long year....
Theres always archives of the glory days of years past....
Looks like the rest of the league is taking out their frustrations on this new look Warrior team.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

No KD.
No Klay at least until the playoffs.
No Iggy.
No Livingston.
Pretty much all the important parts of the championship Warriors teams other than Draymond and Steph are gone.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

No KD.
No Klay at least until the playoffs.
No Iggy.
No Livingston.
Pretty much all the important parts of the championship Warriors teams other than Draymond and Steph are gone.

yes but but S Curry is a superstar and Draymond is an allstar?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Sorry Dubs fans gonna be a long year....

Not sorry AT ALL.

Now we find out who the real Dubs fans are.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

They are going to start 0-3. Don’t see them beating Pels tonight on B2B.

Welcome to the normal NBA grind, GSW.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject:

The Mavs look pesky, but top heavy. Danny Green would've made them a playoff lock, so thankfully Pelinka screwed Cuban.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject:

The Mavs look pesky, but top heavy. Danny Green would've made them a playoff lock, so thankfully Pelinka screwed Cuban.

Not going to lie, they scare me for a potential playoff spot.

They will score a ton and they have enough bodies to pull it off. Maybe not quite enough defense, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see them in the top 8. Means one less spot available.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

If he shoots; if he shoots. But I'd worry about the pre-alcoholic John Wall ceiling for Morant if the pull-up 3 doesn't come.

Not just that, he doesn't have strength. Super worried about injury issues down the line.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18
Jump to: