First Game, Not The End Of The World
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
Seems like the Clippers have more heart and firepower than us.

I thought the Clippers played as though they would be facing a firing squad if they lost the game, while the Lakers just kinda played.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Hornets have a better record then we do
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I predict that after everyone plays their opener, ~15 teams will have a better record than the Lakers.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject:

We simply cannot defend the 3, Anthony davis needs to play the 5 in today league for us to match up well.

If you cannot defend the 3 in NBA, it is game over. Anybody can beat you.

It was effortless for clippers to get open 3s. While for the lakers, Lebron had to exert a lot of energy to create it.

I really like Kawhi game, so efficient with his movements and so precise with his shots and passes. No wasted energy.

At his current form, he is better than prime Kobe.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

We'll be okay, but now I'm really concerned if we'll be okay enough to be champs. I never wanted PG13 at the expense of BI or picks. I thought adding Lebron to the core was the way to go. Then adding another max without sacrificing core. This would be ideal because you're hedging against Bron getting old. This is the danger of sacrificing the core for AD. If Bron declines, then you don't have enough to win. That's the bottom line.

So in hindsight, or in another parallel world, the Lakers did not show up to Lebron's house at 9:01 pm, instead, they showed up at PG13's. No Lebron, but a year later, KL walks here to play with his friend. KL, PG13 and our core of BI, Lonzo, Hart, etc. Damn.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
We'll be okay, but now I'm really concerned if we'll be okay enough to be champs. I never wanted PG13 at the expense of BI or picks. I thought adding Lebron to the core was the way to go. Then adding another max without sacrificing core. This would be ideal because you're hedging against Bron getting old. This is the danger of sacrificing the core for AD. If Bron declines, then you don't have enough to win. That's the bottom line.

So in hindsight, or in another parallel world, the Lakers did not show up to Lebron's house at 9:01 pm, instead, they showed up at PG13's. No Lebron, but a year later, KL walks here to play with his friend. KL, PG13 and our core of BI, Lonzo, Hart, etc. Damn.

Paul George wouldn’t have taken our meeting because Russ told him not to. Paul George demanded a trade out of OKC because Kawhi Leonard told him to. Paul George doesn’t seem to be able to think for himself.

All this talk about AD not being an “alpha” but I haven’t seen any signs of PG13 being one either. Unfortunately for us that doesn’t matter in his current situation.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject:

MrLaker wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
We need a legit PG and better spacing for AD,on offense, and better chemistry on defense. Guys looked they didn't know where to rotate exactly. Dwight seems uncomfortable out there.

^This! The lack of a true playmaking PG is going to be our downfall. And this is why we should have kept Ball over Kuzma.

Someone else said we lost because it was a lack of motivation by LeBron. I don't necessarily agree with that. I thought the intensity was there, he just missed a bunch of easy shots. If he makes half those shots he missed we win the game.

CP3 would be a good combo to get AD some open dunks. Need someone like that.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

No one should be changing their opinion after one game.

I never thought this was a championship roster. A lot of ppl, myself included, have had concerns about playmaking since the offseason.

First game hasn’t changed that, just validated that the concern might have been legitimate.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

that might need its own thread
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject:

AHEM
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Is this a told ya so thread?
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

AHEMMM
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject:

PostMalone24 wrote:
AHEMMM

That sounds nasty. Might need to see a doctor
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

This team started better than the Miami Heat and the cavs when lebron first got there and in a deeper west too.
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

AHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMM
20-3
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Feels good man. I'll feel a lot better if we can win @Milwaukee on Dec 19th and even better if we can get some revenge on the dippers on Xmas. We need a statement win this season against a title contender. Just for that little boost of confidence when we meet them in the playoffs.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

I have to say I just re-read this thread from start. Some of the comments were a bit

I think too much media hype on the Clippers and the media portrayal of Rob, Jeanie, LBJ being washed, too much being given up for AD etc. it played in to many of the comments.

Remember saying right after that first loss, that I did not think it was all that bad and that we needed to make some adjustments and just get better on offense, but I saw some really good flashes even in that Clipper game. Recall us starting well and taking the lead and outplaying their starting 5. Those flashes have become longer stretches and execution even better, and Frank has since figured a way to make the 2nd unit work much better.

Even if the Clippers beat us on Xmas day, to me it is no different than Mavs or Raps beating us at home. It happens. One game. It is about how we play over a long period and if we show development throughout the season. The Lakers goal shouldn't be to win these single match ups against the perceived media match up that matters. It is one game, and they need to focus on getting better and better over the season. That is actually exactly what Lebron and coaches said after that first game. Nice to see things have gone the way Lebron and Frank were hoping alluding to. They didn't "get up" for that game anymore than a game against Memphis. The Clippers came into that game as if it was a championship game.

For me, even if we win against the Clippers on Xmas I won't be all that excited. To me, it's all about how this team is playing in April, how healthy and fresh LBJ/AD are, where they are in the standings, where their offense and defense is vs where it was opening night. If we're healthy, peaking at the right time and much improved with offense and defense execution in April, we could have gone 1-3 in the RS against the Clippers and I'd be very confident in a playoff series against them.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

So many receipts!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Ahemmmm!!!!!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Ahemmmm!!!!!

Haha. I love these thread bumps. I was wrong that this isn’t a championship roster. Feel pretty confident now we probably are but I still want to see if our lack of depth can be overcome over the course of a long season.

I was right we shouldn’t be concerned over a 1 game sample size. I still have concerns about lack of playmaking outside of Lebron.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
Ahemmmm!!!!!

Haha. I love these thread bumps. I was wrong that this isn’t a championship roster. Feel pretty confident now we probably are but I still want to see if our lack of depth can be overcome over the course of a long season.

I was right we shouldn’t be concerned over a 1 game sample size. I still have concerns about lack of playmaking outside of Lebron.

And the injury history of many of our key players.
That’s the only thing that keeps us from a Finals appearance, I think
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
Ahemmmm!!!!!

Not as concerned about that outside of flukey type stuff. AD does tend to be a bit soft in terms of his ability to play through discomfort, but he doesn’t have any major injuries or PG/Kawhi like issues.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
Ahemmmm!!!!!

Not as concerned about that outside of flukey type stuff. AD does tend to be a bit soft in terms of his ability to play through discomfort, but he doesn’t have any major injuries or PG/Kawhi like issues.

I certainly hope you’re right
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
Ahemmmm!!!!!

It seems like this season, he's been really trying to toughen up and play through the dings that would keep him out of games in New Orleans.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
Ahemmmm!!!!!

It seems like this season, he's been really trying to toughen up and play through the dings that would keep him out of games in New Orleans.

Yeah, I think, and just a guess, but when you play with a guy like Lebron, it’s hard to sit and not play because of things like a throat contusion. A lot different than playing next to Julius Randle. Heh.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: