First Game, Not The End Of The World
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

Daniels is a 40%+ 3 point shooter, and he went 1/5 from 3.

Cook the same and he went 0-3 from 3.

I'd imagine if both had usual 3 point shooting nights the game is far closer at the end (though Green had a 7-9 night too).

So collectively our 3 point snipers went: 8/17 (pretty good night).
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I'd imagine if both had usual 3 point shooting nights the game is far closer at the end (though Green had a 7-9 night too).

Also how many games you think you will see with both Bron/AD shoots 38% from the field?

I'm really surprised that game was not a blow out.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I think they'll shoot better, but a guy like Daniels hasn't been tasked with shooting against opposing starters in meaningful games very often throughout his career.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Also how many games you think you will see with both Bron/AD shoots 38% from the field?

I'm really surprised that game was not a blow out.

They won't.

But seems clear to me (expect the first quarter), that the Clips viewed this game as a Game 7 of the NBA Finals while the Lakers sort of had the intensity of regular season game 1/82.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

It’s one game, but where is the answer for Kawhi coming the next time we play? Where’s the answer for Lou/Trez? They’re adding Paul George to that.

They’ve got an answer for LeBron, even if he plays better. They had an answer for Davis last night. If we’re able to add Iguodala it will help with one issue but I’m not sure what we can do about the others. They’re going to be extremely tough to beat.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

I'm not worried, it's all correctable...the biggest problem in the game last night was going away from what they were doing in pre-season which was passing the ball, lots of cutters....for the most part we full iso mode lebrons turn, ADs turn, oh I got the ball my turn that basically negates all of our strengths and yesterday I think it translated into lack luster defense and poor rebounding....we were doing the exact opposite of that in the pre-season so I know we can play a brand of more unselfish ball and it works really well. We were also pretty sloppy with the ball, telegraphed passes, getting the ball swiped when dribbling.

For me the team as a whole appeared to anxious taking it upon themselves as individuals to prove something rather than playing as a team. Given the personalities I think that will definitely works itself out.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

Clippers are a problem. and the reason is Lou Williams.

Hes unstoppable on offense. He's either getting fouled, making a shot or creating for a teammate.

Remember this Clippers team minus Kawhi and George almost beat a fully stacked Warriors team in the playoffs last season. Lou Williams having some monster games offensively.

Clippers have 3 primary offensive creators when The Lakers Might not even have 1.

Lebron doesn't look for his offense first. And Davis needs the ball fed to him to be effective offensively.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

Lou got hot, but he's streaky...I think the fact the clippers returned a huge chunk of their team also made a huge difference...lakers went away from the style of ball they showed in pre-season...they'll get it together
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
It’s one game, but where is the answer for Kawhi coming the next time we play? Where’s the answer for Lou/Trez? They’re adding Paul George to that.

They’ve got an answer for LeBron, even if he plays better. They had an answer for Davis last night. If we’re able to add Iguodala it will help with one issue but I’m not sure what we can do about the others. They’re going to be extremely tough to beat.

The only hope, and this isn't even one I'm hoping for, is that injuries will derail them.

But yeah, they have a team that seems to be a counter to the Lakers right now. (And we certainly would have injury concerns too).
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Iguodala would have a compounding effect as an outlet for bringing up the ball against the Clippers pressure and provide a bigger defensive wing - that would take pressure off of Lebron on both ends and allow KCP to play down a position against Lou Williams where I think he'll have more of an impact defensively than Cook. And it would eliminate minutes for Daniels who could get waived to add Iggy, anyway.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
Lou got hot, but he's streaky...I think the fact the clippers returned a huge chunk of their team also made a huge difference...lakers went away from the style of ball they showed in pre-season...they'll get it together

Lou Will is pretty consistent at getting his buckets. He is a huge X factor for the Clippers.

IMO he's the most dangerous offensive player for the Clippers.

Lakers don't have a player that can create like that offensively.

Lebron was hesitant to shoot and Davis needs someone to create for him a lot of the time.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:

The only hope, and this isn't even one I'm hoping for, is that injuries will derail them.

But yeah, they have a team that seems to be a counter to the Lakers right now. (And we certainly would have injury concerns too).

So let’s say George gets hurt. That was last night. I think if a 7 game series started today and George didn’t play we’d lose. We can get better, our shooters can hit more, and maybe they add a buyout guy but in terms of answers for what they do I’m just not sure where they’re coming from. Kawhi is unstoppable and the bench disparity is just very hard to overcome. Looking forward to seeing some adjustments next time we meet. I know Vogel is still “experimenting” but I hope it’s not a theme that he needs to sit and watch a 20+ point swing before the lightbulb goes off.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

And the Lakers have no one to attack Lou to expose him on defense/tire him out.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

This is the main thing about Lou, he will always score you neutralize him by exposing him on defense Lakers didnt do that.

Also, Lou and Harrell have great chemistry Lakers where rolling in the 1st until they came in
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Iguodala would have a compounding effect as an outlet for bringing up the ball against the Clippers pressure and provide a bigger defensive wing - that would take pressure off of Lebron on both ends and allow KCP to play down a position against Lou Williams where I think he'll have more of an impact defensively than Cook. And it would eliminate minutes for Daniels who could get waived to add Iggy, anyway.

and the next thing you know, Clipper trades for Iggy. it seems like the current trend doesn't it.
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

The thing I hate most about last night, is that every time we got close or tied, the clippers would make a 5-0 run or 7-0 Run and pull away. Also screw the nba for making this the first game.

Last edited by crazylakerfan001 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

Another structural issue is that the Clippers could switch on the rare AD/Lebron PnR with Harrell and Harkless and it was disturbing how little success either had in exploiting their mismatch. I expect those two will play better in that scenario, but it's something potentially concerning to monitor.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:

This is the main thing about Lou, he will always score you neutralize him by exposing him on defense Lakers didnt do that.

Also, Lou and Harrell have great chemistry Lakers where rolling in the 1st until they came in

And I don't think Rondo or Caruso will be the answer there either. It's something they'll have to address through trade by the deadline or free agency next summer.
Conformista
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:

Yeah Lou always shoots efficiently and draws plenty of fouls. You can say LBJ and AD won't shoot that poorly again but then Danny Green won't shoot that well either. Kuzma doesn't cancel out PG's production... we have to approach this from the underdog perspective, anything else is sheer arrogance. It's possible that Vogel/Kidd/Hollins can make adjustments but it feels like Doc has the advantage and the better team. The games where LBJ looks human are starting to exceed the games where he looks like old LBJ. We needed to upgrade at guard and sign a creator but that was ruined by Kawhi. At this point I'd still give Caruso a chance over Bradley as at least there's a chance he'll become something more. He was terrible during preseason but I think the pressure of competing for a rotation spot got to him. I'm not making excuses as he's choked throughout his career but there's talent there and I'm not sure Bradley's the answer.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:

My Fix....
Start Cook, Green, Lebron, Davis and MCGee

Alternate ball handling between cook and Lebron (Lebrons pace is too slow and doesnt allow others to get fully involved)

Lebron will be replaced by Kuzma Ultimately, but by AB... for now...Play through both Davis and MCGee...(He has a decent post game) That way Davis can get some swing passes when McGee Kicks out...

Dwight has ZERO post game...so when he is in the game we need creators....like Rondo...or Lebron back...and lebron has to be aggressive with Dwight on the floor. Dwight and Davis with no creators is a waste.

KCP is neither a defensive stopper...or a shooter...He needs to earn his minutes.

Cacok would have been useful in that game.

Our Size will only be useful if we pass the ball...not just to the post...but actually go from weak to strong side...we need some creativity in the offense. I hated that McGee didnt play that much...and when he played he was pretty much just not involved on offense.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

Clippers are better than us, it's not really that close. Better players, better coach. Take off the purple and gold glasses.

They have arguably the best player in the game and will return a 28-5-4 guy in due time who is an all star at worst. Plus a great bench and multiple good to elite wing defenders who can hit corner 3's at a 40 percent clip. Quin Cook, Daniles and Fat Boy Dudley are league min players or slightly above. They're roster fodder, not some key contributors you have to rely on.

I'm just hoping the Lakers make the playoffs and AD doesn't leave, because if he does, the Lakers will be done until 2027.

Lakers really shouldn't be too encouraged, last night was pretty disgusting.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Great points my worries to. Also out coached
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Clippers are better than us, it's not really that close. Better players, better coach. Take off the purple and gold glasses.

They have arguably the best player in the game and will return a 28-5-4 guy in due time who is an all star at worst. Plus a great bench and multiple good to elite wing defenders who can hit corner 3's at a 40 percent clip. Quin Cook, Daniles and Fat Boy Dudley are league min players or slightly above. They're roster fodder, not some key contributors you have to rely on.

I'm just hoping the Lakers make the playoffs and AD doesn't leave, because if he does, the Lakers will be done until 2027.

Lakers really shouldn't be too encouraged, last night was pretty disgusting.

Let's circle back to this post in 19 games.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject:

1st game .. not the end of world? I can swear I have been seeing that same thing posted in the last 10 years and we ended up coming empty handed during that season, the reality is that the Clippers have a better team then we do and unless LeBron starts playing like he cares we are gonna have a disappointing season.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
That's what losers say. "only the first game" "we tried our best"

No, losers give up after the first loss.

People who want to win keep going.

Nothing but people whining on here.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: