First Game, Not The End Of The World
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
That's what losers say. "only the first game" "we tried our best"

No, losers give up after the first loss.

People who want to win keep going.

Nothing but people whining on here.

Pretty much. The lounge is almost unbearable these days.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
It’s one game, but where is the answer for Kawhi coming the next time we play? Where’s the answer for Lou/Trez? They’re adding Paul George to that.

They’ve got an answer for LeBron, even if he plays better. They had an answer for Davis last night. If we’re able to add Iguodala it will help with one issue but I’m not sure what we can do about the others. They’re going to be extremely tough to beat.

Keep Danny Green on Kwahi. LeBron on PG.

It's not like they're going to keep KCP on Leonard throughout the entire series.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
ocho wrote:
It’s one game, but where is the answer for Kawhi coming the next time we play? Where’s the answer for Lou/Trez? They’re adding Paul George to that.

They’ve got an answer for LeBron, even if he plays better. They had an answer for Davis last night. If we’re able to add Iguodala it will help with one issue but I’m not sure what we can do about the others. They’re going to be extremely tough to beat.

It's not like they're going to keep KCP on Leonard throughout the entire series.

Tell Vogel.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

RetroNikes wrote:
ocho wrote:

I think I would switch that around. Kawhi is a bruiser and would manhandle DG over the course of a game. I don't like Lebron chasing PG through screens.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

People were saying it was over during the season multiple times when the Lakers won a championship.

I remember how upset fans were when the Lakers returned to Stable Center down 3-2.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
ocho wrote:

I think I'd switch that around. Lebron being tasked with chasing PG13 around a bunch of screens for 30+ minutes doesn't sound like a recipe for success. But playing man up defense and banging with Kawhi seems more in his wheelhouse at his age and with his body type.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Clippers are better than us, it's not really that close. Better players, better coach. Take off the purple and gold glasses.

They have arguably the best player in the game and will return a 28-5-4 guy in due time who is an all star at worst. Plus a great bench and multiple good to elite wing defenders who can hit corner 3's at a 40 percent clip. Quin Cook, Daniles and Fat Boy Dudley are league min players or slightly above. They're roster fodder, not some key contributors you have to rely on.

I'm just hoping the Lakers make the playoffs and AD doesn't leave, because if he does, the Lakers will be done until 2027.

Lakers really shouldn't be too encouraged, last night was pretty disgusting.

Let's circle back to this post in 19 games.

You can circle back now. In a month or in April. Lakers aren’t as good as people think. They’re acting like rondo is some integral part when most wanted him gone. Lakers don’t have a legit PG or solid wing defense/defender. Two things that are critical in today’s nba. Lakers lost because in the 4th lebron was forcing passing to league min players.

It’s almost imperative that Kuzma makes a giant leap to fringe all star level and Caruso plays well for this team to be a contender. Playoff team isn’t guaranteed. Clippers laughing their asses off right now.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
That's what losers say. "only the first game" "we tried our best"

No, losers give up after the first loss.

People who want to win keep going.

Nothing but people whining on here.

Pretty much. The lounge is almost unbearable these days.

No team has ever came back from being down 0-1 in a playoff series... Facts

On completely unrelated note if your small business doesnt make a million dollars on day one might well close the shop down, loser.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

We didn't execute our PnR offense at all in the 2nd half.
Lebron & AD didn't play well at all in the 2nd half. Took lots of bad shots and didn't look confident with their decisions.

That being said, we had the game tied going into the 4th. We lost the game in the 4th quarter due to our lack of communication on the defensive end and lack of offensive execution. The clippers didn't have otherworldly ball movement in my eyes - it was more they pick and rolled us to death or handed the ball to kawhii to make a kick out.

We do need another wing defender and some youth on this team but to be frank I never envisioned this form of this Lakers team entering the playoffs. They're going to make signings and trades prior to playoffs.

KCP gonna get run out of town for sure!

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

Those are fans that are clueless that this is one game and one game does not define a season.

As many have stated, the Clippers have the chemistry now and were ready for the Lakers.

The Lakers are building the chemistry, working through new players and a new system and are not ready now.

Not rocket science....
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
ocho wrote:

I think I would switch that around. Kawhi is a bruiser and would manhandle DG over the course of a game. I don't like Lebron chasing PG through screens.

From Darius:

Quote:
A key stat from my write up: Danny Green was on the court w/ Kawhi for 21 minutes. Kawhi shot 4-12 in those minutes & the Clippers were -6. In the 10 minutes Kawhi played when Green was on the bench, he went 7-8 from the floor & the Clippers were +11.

nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
nickuku wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
ocho wrote:

From Darius:

Quote:
A key stat from my write up: Danny Green was on the court w/ Kawhi for 21 minutes. Kawhi shot 4-12 in those minutes & the Clippers were -6. In the 10 minutes Kawhi played when Green was on the bench, he went 7-8 from the floor & the Clippers were +11.

Yea I know the numbers from last night but I'm not sure if that is sustainable. Kawhi is just going to wear down DG over time over a series imo.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
nickuku wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
ocho wrote:

From Darius:

Quote:

Should have sat Green when Kawhi went out and bring him in when Kawhi came back.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

We need a legit PG and better spacing for AD,on offense, and better chemistry on defense. Guys looked they didn't know where to rotate exactly. Dwight seems uncomfortable out there.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ocho wrote:
nickuku wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
ocho wrote:

From Darius:

Quote:

Should have sat Green when Kawhi went out and bring him in when Kawhi came back.

Yes there were a few painfully obvious things from last night and that was one of them. The thing that I find troubling is Vogel has described his two years in Orlando as experimenting in a lab, which is also how he described his year off when he traveled to different teams and also how he described the preseason. I’m curious at what point the experimenting ends and he has his stuff worked out? Like, when he put KcP on Kawhi was it in the name of experimentation or was he convinced it would work? And how many times did Kawhi have to light him up before he abandoned it?
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

it's not the end of the world, but what we saw last night was disturbing.

lbj is a big problem. i feel like for this to work (as in a ring) lbj will have to play differently than he ever has in his career. he cant be the ballhandler, he made mistakes the entire 4th quarter. every finger can be pointed at him, this will never work.

lou destroyed us. when we had him, i was so looking forward to the day we'd have a good team like we do now AND lou. unfortunate.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
ocho wrote:
nickuku wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
ocho wrote:

From Darius:

Quote:

Yea I know the numbers from last night but I'm not sure if that is sustainable. Kawhi is just going to wear down DG over time over a series imo.

Kawhi will wear down anyone but Green is our best perimeter defender by a country mile and if we are going to have a shot at competing with them he’ll have to check him.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
Wrong. The eyes don't lie. The way we approach the game is outdated.

I agree the offense looked like a throw back to the 1980's. Throw the ball in the post and everybody sit and watch? No player movement, no cutting, no spacing. The middle was cloged up and shooters were not available. If that's Vogel's offensive scheme we're in trouble folks. The NBA is fast dynamic and the only way to win is to move the ball and get open 3's.
I think LBJ needs a point guard, even though he's a great passer he needs to be the guy that receives the ball from a traditional PG and initiates the offense.
Bringing up the ball and forcing it into the middle does not work any longer.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

lbj is a big problem. i feel like for this to work (as in a ring) lbj will have to play differently than he ever has in his career. he cant be the ballhandler, he made mistakes the entire 4th quarter. every finger can be pointed at him, this will never work.

lou destroyed us. when we had him, i was so looking forward to the day we'd have a good team like we do now AND lou. unfortunate.

Its amazing how you grab any opportunity to take shots at Lebron.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

Fact:
A) Young Lebron wouldn't let a team guard him outside without blowing by any defender his height or taller. Even if they were short and quick, he'd punish them inside one way or another.

B) Lebron gets his layups blocked/altered at the rim more than ever.

C) He no longer has the elite speed to continually jump into passing lanes.

I can think of a handful of players I'd rate above him right now, so imo, it's time to stop fooling ourselves by calling him the best player in the world. He's not even the best in his arena. Now he's deferring to AD, who has talent, but has never shown the ability to put a team on his back while functioning as an unstoppable force.

Based on what we've seen so far, they better hope Kuzma becomes the outside/ mid range/ inside /slashing, cutting, backdoor finisher that has been lacking when they play teams (the Warriors) that aren't undermanned.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Those are fans that are clueless that this is one game and one game does not define a season.

As many have stated, the Clippers have the chemistry now and were ready for the Lakers.

The Lakers are building the chemistry, working through new players and a new system and are not ready now.

Not rocket science....

This is true too, but I did not like the concepts of the offense. I looked outdated for this new NBA. I don't expect the Lakers to play like the Warriors, but I expect better ball movement and not rely on AD iso for just about every possession. I hope this is just bad chemistry because if there are no changes we're in trouble.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

go watch the 4th quarter. lebron screwed up every single possession. there are so many people saying the same thing, its not a secret. barkley, shaq said it, its all over the internet. i dont care about taking shots at lakers. lebron sucked. he really truly sucked, and he didnt suck in a way that seemed like out of the ordinary. very disturbing.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

The realization that we aren’t going undefeated this season hit some of us hard last night. I’m starting to come to terms with it but we better not lose again. I can only adjust my expectations so much.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
nickuku wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

go watch the 4th quarter. lebron screwed up every single possession. there are so many people saying the same thing, its not a secret. barkley, shaq said it, its all over the internet. i dont care about taking shots at lakers. lebron sucked. he really truly sucked, and he didnt suck in a way that seemed like out of the ordinary. very disturbing.

Yea it wasn't a typical Lebron game. Now explain the fact that you're trying to pin EVERYTHING on lebron in everyone of your posts despite a multitude of other issues during the game.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
We need a legit PG and better spacing for AD,on offense, and better chemistry on defense. Guys looked they didn't know where to rotate exactly. Dwight seems uncomfortable out there.
Since day 1.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: