WINGS/WINGS/WINGS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
It's just hilarious that IGGY would solve a lot of our needs (wing defender, ability to do some playmaking) but he's in Memphis purgatory right now.

Hell, I know Iggy would be obvious but CP3 on a buyout would be a miracle. Control his minutes, kick Rondo off the team, and actually get a POA and switchable defender!

OMG. Imagine a bought out CP3 and Iggy. I'll take that for sure.

Or Darren Collison has a Come to Jesus (Lakers) moment and joins.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
It's just hilarious that IGGY would solve a lot of our needs (wing defender, ability to do some playmaking) but he's in Memphis purgatory right now.

Hell, I know Iggy would be obvious but CP3 on a buyout would be a miracle. Control his minutes, kick Rondo off the team, and actually get a POA and switchable defender!

I'll pass on Collison. I hope he has a happy life though.

Just, CP3 is a punk, unless he's on your team, then he's awesome. He did a hell of a job playing next to Harden too.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
something I think many dont realize... Kuzma actually grades out a better wing defender than he does as a PF and he fits the profile of a prototypical wing as a super long and lanky player. He's not the most athletic around but he has all the tools to be a solid defender (just need to keep working on his footwork and technique)

KCP is actually a solid guard/wing defender in his own right. But he got outpowered by Kawhi. Expected, but it was overwhelming.

I would expect the same vs. Kuzma.

the height and wingspan difference between Kuzma and KCP would have been night and day defending Kawhi on those bump+stepback shots

I'd rather Pope guard Leonard than Kuzma. That's saying a whole lot right there. If you're suggesting Kuzma as a defensive answer, something is definitely wrong.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

What about Kostas? He has the potential to be great defensively.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
What about Kostas? He has the potential to be great defensively.

Burned by footspeed.
Center of gravity too high.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'll pass on Collison. I hope he has a happy life though.

Just, CP3 is a punk, unless he's on your team, then he's awesome. He did a hell of a job playing next to Harden too.

The odds of a buyout seem close to zero, IMO.

Pelinka could bust out that KCP bread falling from the sky speech though. And then recycle it for Iggy.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

I don't get it. Wasn't Iggy the one guarding the Finals MVP in the Finals??

We got the ideal player to guard Kahwi, LeBron & a very good one in Danny Green when LJ is on the bench.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:

We got the ideal player to guard Kahwi, LeBron & a very good one in Danny Green when LJ is on the bench.

Yes.

But better Iggy than the 10-11 FG stint of the Clippers as a team with Kawhi doing almost all of that damage against KCP.

Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Our best wing is bringing the ball up the court trying to be a 6'9 PG. We all loved Magic but I think we all want Lebron to be LEBRON!

Danny Greeeeen doe! That dude can ball!

Mike/GT someone....tell me again why Melo doesn't work off the bench?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
Our best wing is bringing the ball up the court trying to be a 6'9 PG. We all loved Magic but I think we all want Lebron to be LEBRON!

Danny Greeeeen doe! That dude can ball!

Mike/GT someone....tell me again why Melo doesn't work off the bench?

Takes touches away from LeBron and AD
Can't defend 3 or 4, or any other position.
Doesn't work off ball.

lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
lakerican wrote:

Yes.

But better Iggy than the 10-11 FG stint of the Clippers as a team with Kawhi doing almost all of that damage against KCP.

Yes, but LJ guarded him 0 minutes; DG did 21 mins and KCP 27 mins( possibly there are less because that's the time they guard the wing position) Like Wolf says, you people are analizying a whole season using one, uno, 1 game data. Even 3 rotation guys were missing.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Aside from the Clippers, which western conference playoff team are we worried about exploiting our weakness at the 3?
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Other than the Clips ... who are we really concerned with defending at the wing this season?

Feels like we should be able to scheme specifically for Clippers but if we are talking about adding a roster spot, do it for an area where we are weak on a nightly basis.

The bench in general will likely be weak most games.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
lakerican wrote:

Yes.

Yes, but LJ guarded him 0 minutes; DG did 21 mins and KCP 27 mins( possibly there are less because that's the time they guard the wing position) Like Wolf says, you people are analizying a whole season using one, uno, 1 game data. Even 3 rotation guys were missing.

So you want 34/35 year old LeBron defending the #1 wing player and running the offense?

Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
lakerican wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
lakerican wrote:

Yes.

So you want 34/35 year old LeBron defending the #1 wing player and running the offense?

Questions like that will turn this into a Kobe appreciation thread.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
lakerican wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
lakerican wrote:

Yes.

Questions like that will turn this into a Kobe appreciation thread.

Let’s hope so!
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Other than the Clips ... who are we really concerned with defending at the wing this season?

Feels like we should be able to scheme specifically for Clippers but if we are talking about adding a roster spot, do it for an area where we are weak on a nightly basis.

Yep, one game but this is a poorly constructed roster.
Does anyone know if we can trade our 2020 first rounder (since it is HIGHLY likely the Pels get the 2022, not the 2021, can we trade the 2020?
If yes, how about Cousins, Cook, Caruso and the first for Covington and maybe a roster filler?
I also think we need a big who can shoot.
Would MJ move Hernagomez (Guillermo), for a vet min and a future 2nd?
He doesn't play there and makes 1.6 final year. But he can shoot for a big and just needs minutes. Might find a role as AD has fit well with bigs who can shoot (and we have none).
Then Iggy if released and I like Yinoma's hope Collison has a epiphany that he should play in the NBA longer, haha.

Collison/Bradley
Green/Iggy/KCP
LBJ/Covington
AD/Kuz
McGee/Hernagomez/Howard

Might have a chance.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Danny Greens PER is 40.7.
KCP's is -3.9

West Point '88
UCLA '92
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Robster8989 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Yep, one game but this is a poorly constructed roster.
Does anyone know if we can trade our 2020 first rounder (since it is HIGHLY likely the Pels get the 2022, not the 2021, can we trade the 2020?
If yes, how about Cousins, Cook, Caruso and the first for Covington and maybe a roster filler?
I also think we need a big who can shoot.
Would MJ move Hernagomez (Guillermo), for a vet min and a future 2nd?
He doesn't play there and makes 1.6 final year. But he can shoot for a big and just needs minutes. Might find a role as AD has fit well with bigs who can shoot (and we have none).
Then Iggy if released and I like Yinoma's hope Collison has a epiphany that he should play in the NBA longer, haha.

Collison/Bradley
Green/Iggy/KCP
LBJ/Covington
AD/Kuz
McGee/Hernagomez/Howard

Might have a chance.

That team would smoke Clippers imo but no chance of Covington for that crap of a package.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

We should stop giving Lebron a pass on defending his position. The margin of error in the West is small, and he should bring it on both ends every night.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

89. How are draft picks handled in trades? What is the Ted Stepien rule?

Quote:

eams are restricted from trading away future first round draft picks in consecutive years. This is known as the "Ted Stepien Rule." Stepien owned the Cavs from 1980-83, and made a series of bad trades (such as the 1980 trade mentioned above) that cost the Cavs several years' first round picks. As a result of Stepien's ineptitude, teams are now prevented from making trades which might leave them without a first round pick in consecutive future years.

The Stepien rule applies only to future first round picks. For example, if this is the 2017-18 season, then a team can trade its 2018 first round pick without regard to whether they had traded their 2017 pick, since their 2017 pick is no longer a future pick. But they can't trade away both their 2018 and 2019 picks, since both are future picks. Teams sometimes work around this rule by trading first round picks in alternate years, or by giving one team the right to swap picks with the other.

When dealing with protected picks, the Stepien rule is interpreted to mean that a team can't trade a pick if there is any chance at all that it will leave the team without a first round pick in consecutive future drafts.

Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:

Quote:

eams are restricted from trading away future first round draft picks in consecutive years. This is known as the "Ted Stepien Rule." Stepien owned the Cavs from 1980-83, and made a series of bad trades (such as the 1980 trade mentioned above) that cost the Cavs several years' first round picks. As a result of Stepien's ineptitude, teams are now prevented from making trades which might leave them without a first round pick in consecutive future years.

The Stepien rule applies only to future first round picks. For example, if this is the 2017-18 season, then a team can trade its 2018 first round pick without regard to whether they had traded their 2017 pick, since their 2017 pick is no longer a future pick. But they can't trade away both their 2018 and 2019 picks, since both are future picks. Teams sometimes work around this rule by trading first round picks in alternate years, or by giving one team the right to swap picks with the other.

When dealing with protected picks, the Stepien rule is interpreted to mean that a team can't trade a pick if there is any chance at all that it will leave the team without a first round pick in consecutive future drafts.

Thanks Bard, bummer.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:

Quote:

Thanks Bard, bummer.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
We should stop giving Lebron a pass on defending his position. The margin of error in the West is small, and he should bring it on both ends every night.

Dint think anybody wants to give him a pass for not playing both ends... I think most realize that we kind of have to accept that we're not going to get it all 82 games. Hopefully come playoffs that changes
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:

Yeah, not sure when this expectation became too much to ask for from the leader of your team
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16
Jump to: