WINGS/WINGS/WINGS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

Even if we solve the wing defender problem we would still need to find another shot creator. That's the 2 areas the Clippers have a big advantage over us in. They have 3 shot creators in Kawhi, Paul, Lou. All we have is LeBron.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Pelinka has no vision if LeBron and AD practically built the roster
That's what happened though.

Admitted by both sides.

Magic was the vision and RP was guy who moved the pieces. Magic had bad vision and Rob is questionable at moving those pieces. Klutch is now in Magic's role and Rob is doing what he's told.

Rob has no vision.

Wasn't the vision to go after Kawhi? So that's a pretty good vision (as seen by last night).

When they couldn't, they still managed to get Danny Green who I think is an underrated pickup.

The flaw is KCP. Any yes, he's Klutch. But how much was it LBJ/AD saying they want KCP? More likely Rob trying to be in Rich Paul's good graces, no?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Admitted by both sides.

Magic was the vision and RP was guy who moved the pieces. Magic had bad vision and Rob is questionable at moving those pieces. Klutch is now in Magic's role and Rob is doing what he's told.

Rob has no vision.

Wasn't the vision to go after Kawhi? So that's a pretty good vision (as seen by last night).

When they couldn't, they still managed to get Danny Green who I think is an underrated pickup.

The flaw is KCP. Any yes, he's Klutch. But how much was it LBJ/AD saying they want KCP? More likely Rob trying to be in Rich Paul's good graces, no?

It goes beyond just going after Kawhi.

Just because LAL hypothetically lands Kawhi doesn't mean there still aren't roster holes.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

His strong points are CBA, contracts and being a name that players recognize from his time as an agent.

You and others on LG should have the edge on Pelinka and probably Rambis in actual basketball things such as scouting, coaching, breaking down video etc.

There should be some lower tier FO people with talent/ability in basketball things, but they aren't high enough on the org chart to be able to tell Lebron
No.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Admitted by both sides.

Rob has no vision.

Just because LAL hypothetically lands Kawhi doesn't mean there still aren't roster holes.

But the assertion is that LBJ/AD directed Rob to keep KCP. How do we know this?

Could this be more of Rob acceding to Rich Paul so that AD stays?

In short, I want to know whether Colonel Jessup (LBJ/AD) gave the code red (keep KCP or else).
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

I think point guard is the bigger problem. Danny Green did an excellent job defending Kawhi last night, he's going to need to play 33+ MPG for us this season. But our point guard play with Bron sitting out was atrocious. Cook is a horrendous point guard and over dribbles looking confused as to who to pass the ball to. Getting Iguodola would actually kill 2 birds with 1 stone though because he can be a great initiator/creator and an elite wing defender
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
I think point guard is the bigger problem. Danny Green did an excellent job defending Kawhi last night, he's going to need to play 33+ MPG for us this season. But our point guard play with Bron sitting out was atrocious. Cook is a horrendous point guard and over dribbles looking confused as to who to pass the ball to. Getting Iguodola would actually kill 2 birds with 1 stone though because he can be a great initiator/creator and an elite wing defender

Point is a problem but we lost the game with KCP on KL. They went something like -11 in that span when KCP had to guard KL.

We need wing defender help badly. And yes, PG is a position of need too (though we somehow have 4 of them on this team ).
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:

If they have to wait until February to get Iguodala, it could be difficult to salvage the season.
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

Point is a problem but we lost the game with KCP on KL. They went something like -11 in that span when KCP had to guard KL.

We need wing defender help badly. And yes, PG is a position of need too (though we somehow have 4 of them on this team ).

Andre Iguodola and Darren Collison would be some real mana from the sky for this team. Meanwhile, KCP is looking more like Judas
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

If they have to wait until February to get Iguodala, it could be difficult to salvage the season.

I think we can still beat most of the teams. But against the top echelon, not having Iggy for the playoffs would be rough.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Admitted by both sides.

Rob has no vision.

In short, I want to know whether Colonel Jessup (LBJ/AD) gave the code red (keep KCP or else).

My thing is building a playoff roster first, then depth.

So basically I would have blown the caproom on Beverley and Green altogether and put the rest on merry mins (which most pretty much are anyway) even after KCP signs.

If not Beverley, then Delon Wright.

That's it.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Admitted by both sides.

Rob has no vision.

So basically I would have blown the caproom on Beverley and Green altogether and put the rest on merry mins (which most pretty much are anyway) even after KCP signs.

That's it.

Yeah. We had lots of good ideas to fill out the team cheaply, even after Green signed.

The cap space thereafter:

KCP: 8m
JAV: 4m
Boogie: 3.5m
Bradley (4.7m room exception).

So that's nearly 20m in cap space that could have been used. I was so ecstatic when WOJ first tweeted that Boogie was a vet's min. signing (which meant we would have had that 3.5m cap room). But turns out it wasn't true.
Cook: 3m
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Admitted by both sides.

Rob has no vision.

That's it.

Yeah. We had lots of good ideas to fill out the team cheaply, even after Green signed.

The cap space thereafter:

KCP: 8m
JAV: 4m
Boogie: 3.5m
Bradley (4.7m room exception).

So that's nearly 20m in cap space that could have been used. I was so ecstatic when WOJ first tweeted that Boogie was a vet's min. signing (which meant we would have had that 3.5m cap room). But turns out it wasn't true.
Cook: 3m

We used Cap room is Cook as well.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

something I think many dont realize... Kuzma actually grades out a better wing defender than he does as a PF and he fits the profile of a prototypical wing as a super long and lanky player. He's not the most athletic around but he has all the tools to be a solid defender (just need to keep working on his footwork and technique)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

^ Yup I noted Cook's 3m.

What I wish we did was for players like Boogie, the minimum. B/c that doesn't count against your cap after you exceed it. Same for Cook.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
something I think many dont realize... Kuzma actually grades out a better wing defender than he does as a PF and he fits the profile of a prototypical wing as a super long and lanky player. He's not the most athletic around but he has all the tools to be a solid defender (just need to keep working on his footwork and technique)

Agreed. I'm waiting to see how he fares as a wing defender. He was objectively a terrible PF (and OMG a center) defender. Just gets manhandled. I think he may fare better on the wing. But he's not available for a few more weeks, no?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

KCP is actually a solid guard/wing defender in his own right. But he got outpowered by Kawhi. Expected, but it was overwhelming.

I would expect the same vs. Kuzma.

Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

Iggy solves soooooo many issues:

Can guard big wing players
Can facilitate the offense
Championship experience

Death lineup: AD, Bron, Iggy, DG, AB (?)

What would it take to get him out of Memphis?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:

Championship experience

I would go AD, Kuzma, Iggy, Green, Bron and then switch defensively...

scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

KCP is actually a solid guard/wing defender in his own right. But he got outpowered by Kawhi. Expected, but it was overwhelming.

I doubt anyone else would of made a difference. Kawhi was hitting contested shot after contested shot. I feel like our team defense was (bleep) and we didnt help KCP. kcp sucks tho
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

I doubt anyone else would of made a difference. Kawhi was hitting contested shot after contested shot. I feel like our team defense was (bleep) and we didnt help KCP. kcp sucks tho

I disagree.

Against Green, he goes 4-12.

It matters.

https://twitter.com/forumbluegold/status/1187058989722324992?s=20

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:

Championship experience

It would be a solid addition and plug one hole, but think a PG is still needed.

Also still concerned with the bench gap. The clippers have a lot they can throw out there and they didn’t even play the end of bench younger guys who look like they can contribute.

Obviously not every team is deep, but the top teams benches seem better constructed.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Just couldn't get Kawhi to buy into his vision I guess. But admittedly, Magic went 1/2 when it came to that part too. Magic pitched to Bron and PG13. Rob pitched to AD and Kawhi.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Just couldn't get Kawhi to buy into his vision I guess. But admittedly, Magic went 1/2 when it came to that part too. Magic pitched to Bron and PG13. Rob pitched to AD and Kawhi.

The issue was just not having the intel on KL and how he was playing the Lakers. If they knew that, could have steered the ship away much faster.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The issue was just not having the intel on KL and how he was playing the Lakers. If they knew that, could have steered the ship away much faster.

At least Green balled out game 1. But like you said, KCP is just ... yuck.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16
Jump to: