What went wrong ? Davis-Lebron C/PF

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: What went wrong ? Davis-Lebron C/PF

Maybe ill feel better after hitting "submit"

First, Thank you Lebron and AD for coming but unless you plan on playing the way we want we will have to trade you. You have to remember that Davis has never won anything and LeBron always needed the best team while being on his prime to win. That is not a knock on them, but they should be putting the team first.

Where am I getting with this?

Well, LeBron at 34 years old is not long capable of defending the perimeter consistently. I'm fine with that Bron, but we are going to have you play the PF spot. DONT WORRY ABOUT GUARDING A BIG, because you won't have to. I'll explain later.

Davis, Pau gasol "played C for us and kicked ass, 2 rings. This fascination with him playing PF needs to end. You are not an advantage there! Not for the our team anyways!!! see this is where he is confused. He thinks because he postes 30-10-4 we are fine. But having Davis-Mcgee presents so many trouble as far as foot speed.

Most importantly we can't do what we are supposed to be doing!

LeBron-Davis pick and roll, but why? because the lane is clogged up. Defenses are allowing James to take the 3 disrespectfully. They don't trust his shooting Nd rightfully so. So why have a center patrolling the paint? how is Lebron supposed to penetrate (defender dropping and lane clogged up). Recipe for dissaster. Your shooters have no chance of catching fire. Yes catching fire is a thing! It only happens on teams with spacing though.

Look how far Clipper and Drummond went

Jerry West would do it for sure. He is too smart. But it would take some balls, and only Jerry has them

PG.Norvell
SG.Green
SF.Kuzma
PF.LeBron
C.Davis

PG.Norvell WHAT!?!? yeah. We have no1 else who I would consider there. Coach Rivers started Shai his rookie season and built him up. Don't afraid to do the unconventional.

Phil jackson said once that went a team doesn't run it will be hard to stop the bleeding when teams go on runs.

-------------

What do my starting line up has in common? They know how to play basketball more than anyone else on that bench.

I want Lebron to operate with the space Nash operated. Man did i hate those high Pick and Rolls with Stat/Fryed and nash. The court seemed so spread. Thats why they always lead the league on offense.

Anyone who rebounds the ball brings it up.

-------------------- Lebron----------------------
--------------Kuzma / \ Davis--------------

Green----------------------------------------Norvell

----------------------O-------------------------------

Who should we cut you may ask? Anyone who is not fitting our plans. If you can't defend 1-4 positions you cant play. If you can't shoot you can't play either unless you are a big or rondo since Kuzma was taken out the bench he might get some minutes.

Remember when the rockets switched everything vs GSW and had them on lock? Thats how you beat this clippers team, not having mcgee, dwight etc allowing these guys to step into wide open jumpers.
OdomGrab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:38 am    Post subject:

lol wut

i cant read all that sh
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:43 am    Post subject:

I just finished AHS Cult and you remembered me, Kai Anderson, LOL!
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:54 am    Post subject:

Good starting 5. Then the Clippers' bench comes in and destroys us
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:22 am    Post subject:

Our spacing was bad, we got out-hustled, out-rebounded, out-played all-around and out-coached.

It will take time for the team to gel.
Contrary to the rumor, the sky is NOT falling.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject:

Playing the Clips on game 1, with so much continuity on that squad (and lack of that for us) was sort of a recipe for disaster. I wouldn't extrapolate TOO much just yet. We need a 20 game sample size first, by then we may be something like 15-5.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject:

With a servicable point guard and some game chemistry, our Lakers will be fine. Clippers are a good team, but they played lights out against us opening night, and they have a system in place, so their chemistry is already good. Once we get up to speed, we will be the team to beat this season.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

The gap for now exists in depth. The clippers in addition to Lou/Harrell combo can throw multiple active/live bodies.

The Lakers have to find to either a) shut down Lou/Harrell or b) find some live bodies who can give them energy and dynamic minutes to counter deep clippers.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject:

No need to panic after one game, there are 81 more...

No NBA Team has ever won a Championship in October!
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

I somewhat agree. AD could be all time great but not at power forward. He needs to play center. Or maybe have the center set some off ball screens while bron and AD run the PNR. Maybe that will prevent the center from clogging the lane. Idk but they should figure it out

Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I somewhat agree. AD could be all time great but not at power forward. He needs to play center. Or maybe have the center set some off ball screens while bron and AD run the PNR. Maybe that will prevent the center from clogging the lane. Idk but they should figure it out

Since not one of our Centers can shoot, the big will always drop and clog the lane. Not many players can run around off ball screens well enough to force a big/little switch, and we don't have any. At least on a switch you could get a mismatch, but I don't see a solution to the problem other than more AD at the 5.

Doc clogged the lane and even helped off Green, even with Green/Bradley/Dudley combining for 11-16. But even though we averaged over 2 points per possession on those shots, the benefit of clogging the lane the entire game proved beneficial on the other 90 or so possessions.

We should have attempted 60 three pointers the way the defense was playing us, but the limited shooting that we do have wasn't even in the game. Part of that was Dwight/McGee playing 36 unproductive minutes to Zubac's 9.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

For one need Kuz for the small lineup to work. After Lebron there isn't any other true SF on the team. You have AD/LBJ and 3 guards. Also doesn't work as well against a team that can go small as well.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Since not one of our Centers can shoot, the big will always drop and clog the lane. Not many players can run around off ball screens well enough to force a big/little switch, and we don't have any. At least on a switch you could get a mismatch, but I don't see a solution to the problem other than more AD at the 5.

Doc clogged the lane and even helped off Green, even with Green/Bradley/Dudley combining for 11-16. But even though we averaged over 2 points per possession on those shots, the benefit of clogging the lane the entire game proved beneficial on the other 90 or so possessions.

We should have attempted 60 three pointers the way the defense was playing us, but the limited shooting that we do have wasn't even in the game. Part of that was Dwight/McGee playing 36 unproductive minutes to Zubac's 9.

What a post

Chris Bosh on AD at 5: “(He) is going to thrive at the 5. I know he doesn’t want to do that, I didn’t want to do it, either"

The game has changed! Luckily we have the best modern 5. and Lebron would automatically be the best 4 in the game. Now surround them with basketball tall players.

This would really set us up as favorite:

Who will you put on Davis?

Harkless?

When he plays the 4 you can put harkless on him because zubac is right behind him! we are playing into doc's hand.

This would create a bunch of problems. But we need to make this our identity.

If they put kawhi on lebron at the 4 at least we get him off the perimeter and we can have a lay up drill. And gives him less opportunities for fast break.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject:

^Agreed. By going smaller and forcing Kawhi to guard LeBron with better spacing, we don't have to worry about Kawhi roaming or helping on AD. Their bigs who can shoot will not play, and young Zubac will be run off the court. Montrezl would be playing the 5 to counter AD.

I'm getting ahead of myself here with no Kuzma, and no Rondo off the bench yet. Guess we have to play a bit bigger than is ideal until the rotations are set, but if the Jazz go with Royce O'Neale, Mitchell, and Conley, we may need to go small. Would be nice to see KCP, Bradley, Green, Bron, and AD if the starting lineup isn't working again.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
^Agreed. By going smaller and forcing Kawhi to guard LeBron with better spacing, we don't have to worry about Kawhi roaming or helping on AD. Their bigs who can shoot will not play, and young Zubac will be run off the court. Montrezl would be playing the 5 to counter AD.

I'm getting ahead of myself here with no Kuzma, and no Rondo off the bench yet. Guess we have to play a bit bigger than is ideal until the rotations are set, but if the Jazz go with Royce O'Neale, Mitchell, and Conley, we may need to go small. Would be nice to see KCP, Bradley, Green, Bron, and AD if the starting lineup isn't working again.

By forcing them to play montrez we weaken their bench and he makes their starting line up worse because he cant protect the rim vs lebron and davis.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

Coach Vogel changed up the lineup at the start of the 3Q by subbing in Caruso for JaVale, which made AD the center. That lineup of Caruso, Bradley, Green, LeBron, & AD played 8 minutes together and finished with an:

OffRtg: 118.8
DefRtg: 82.4
NetRtg: +36.4
TS%: 62.5

Its so simple....
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Hi Utah Jazz

Humble pie
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
Coach Vogel changed up the lineup at the start of the 3Q by subbing in Caruso for JaVale, which made AD the center. That lineup of Caruso, Bradley, Green, LeBron, & AD played 8 minutes together and finished with an:

OffRtg: 118.8
DefRtg: 82.4
NetRtg: +36.4
TS%: 62.5

Its so simple....

Such pretty numbers

Caruso is what Lebron needs, should get more playing time with Bron.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: