Vogel - Great Job
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

StoicChalice392 wrote:
Vogel " make the extra pass"

Luke "pass me the beer"

I believe Luke also stressed the extra pass.
But the Lakers shooters weren't so good last year and before.

The last 3 games, Lakers 3PT%

33%
40%
45%

I wonder if the extra pass is leading to higher %s. Or if the higher passes makes it easier for the extra pass?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
It’s funny to me how the guys are saying the same things as last year such as “make plays for others” and “move the ball”, yet our off ething we could ever really achieve in an offense-first minded team under Luke last year despite having multiple ball handlers and passers on the team.

Always downplayed coaching a bit ... but, Monty, Vogel, Nurse, and then Boylen, Fizdale ... they are really showing the value I think.

The ball hasn't moved like this for years

dare I say... Showtime Returns
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

To all you Luke haters out there, you were right. I wasn’t a big defender, but I failed to see how bad he was.

To all you Lue lovers who were so disappointed, he wasn’t nearly as good a choice as Vogel.

The team has such a professional feel to it, it hasn’t been this way in years.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
It’s funny to me how the guys are saying the same things as last year such as “make plays for others” and “move the ball”, yet our off ething we could ever really achieve in an offense-first minded team under Luke last year despite having multiple ball handlers and passers on the team.

Always downplayed coaching a bit ... but, Monty, Vogel, Nurse, and then Boylen, Fizdale ... they are really showing the value I think.

Why did you put your thumb in my original post
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Why did you put your thumb in my original post

I didnt get it either...
"Yet our off-thumb-ething we..."
I was wondering if it was a major lisp.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
To all you Luke haters out there, you were right. I wasn’t a big defender, but I failed to see how bad he was.

To all you Lue lovers who were so disappointed, he wasn’t nearly as good a choice as Vogel.

Let's hold our horses and criticism on Luke. He has his shortcomings but he didn't have AD, Dwight, AB, DG to name a few. I'm sure any coach will have extra 15-20+ wins with this lineup.

Love what Vogel is doing with our team but I can't seem to figure what offensive system he is running. Can anyone tell me? Curious to know.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject:

I really love that lineup of AD/Kuz/Daniels/Rondo/Caruso
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject:

PhiberOptik wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

Let's hold our horses and criticism on Luke. He has his shortcomings but he didn't have AD, Dwight, AB, DG to name a few. I'm sure any coach will have extra 15-20+ wins with this lineup.

Love what Vogel is doing with our team but I can't seem to figure what offensive system he is running. Can anyone tell me? Curious to know.

Luke's squad beat Boston last night. Rooting for the guy whenever he doesn't play us. Is it just me?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Not a fan of Rondo and Caruso on the floor at the same time.

Cook seems to be the odd man out tonight.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Our offense is still clumsy AF.
But it is a good sign that we're able to win games even with a subpar offense

Rondo is just a blackhole on D, good lord.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

We have spurts on offense. We play dominant, great O. Then ugly dry spells. If you look back at that old saying "Offense comes and goes, defense remains consistent". That is sort of our ballclub. There's a lot of figuring out to do still with the players on O. I think if you look at the team's offense week by week, it is only getting better. From where we were after week 1, to where we are now, in offense, I see a lot of improvement.

That said, there is room to improve. Hard to be a great team on offense when your 2nd superstar is injured and having issues being consistently dominant. When AD is healthy and back in rhythm, it will help a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Luke almost just best the 2 best teams this weekend and have his team riding with swag now...still we would not have such an incredible interior D with Luke and his first boys harm my orders.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject:

PhiberOptik wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

What?

The team has an identity now. I agree that the offense doesn't look great. But Luke was a certifiable idiot, playing like 90 different lineups. His adjustments were too drastic and never made sense within the flow of the game.

Luke was all about making players happy without putting the team's well-being first.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Luke almost just best the 2 best teams this weekend and have his team riding with swag now...still we would not have such an incredible interior D with Luke and his first boys harm my orders.

Luke has his teams playing fantastic games every now and then, one of the problems is the inconsistency of his teams though
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
danzag wrote:

We have spurts on offense. We play dominant, great O. Then ugly dry spells. If you look back at that old saying "Offense comes and goes, defense remains consistent". That is sort of our ballclub. There's a lot of figuring out to do still with the players on O. I think if you look at the team's offense week by week, it is only getting better. From where we were after week 1, to where we are now, in offense, I see a lot of improvement.

That said, there is room to improve. Hard to be a great team on offense when your 2nd superstar is injured and having issues being consistently dominant. When AD is healthy and back in rhythm, it will help a lot.

We start walking the ball upcourt when we have a big lead in the second half, and that's what gets us into trouble because our O gets stagnant and we end up taking long, contested shots out of rhythm.

When we push the ball and uptempo the game we look elite.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:43 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
I really love that lineup of AD/Kuz/Daniels/Rondo/Caruso

I'm torn on Rondo. His D is non existent at this point but he's still an elite playmaker when he's healthy. Cook on the other hand, is very limited passing wise but he has this ability to get hot and when that happens, our bench become exponentially more dangerous. I think if we do get Iggy, Cook and Caruso should be gobbling up all the back up PG mins.

I guess I'd like to see more Cook and see him consistently but Vogel is doing a terrific job figuring out things on the fly.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Vogel on talking to the league through proper channels about officiating and Lebron not getting calls in any of his drives tonight.

https://twitter.com/SpectrumSN/status/1198456646969593856?s=19
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
I think if we do get Iggy, Cook and Caruso should be gobbling up all the back up PG mins.

If we get Iggy, Cook will be cut and a Caruso will stay buried on the bench.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject:

rogers49 wrote:
2019 wrote:
I think if we do get Iggy, Cook and Caruso should be gobbling up all the back up PG mins.

If we get Iggy, Cook will be cut and a Caruso will stay buried on the bench.

maybe Cook and Daniels but I think Iggy might eat more into Kuz's minutes. AB and Caruso along with DG are our most dependable PG defenders
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

PhiberOptik wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

And yet an MDA laker team with pre-Achilles Kobe, Dwight, and Pau and Jamison could never play together and rack up the wins like these guys are doing now. Coaching is not only x’s and 0’s, it’s also being a good team and game manager, Vogel is letting these guys play to their strengths. Not every coach will do that, some cannot get the wins out of a great lineup
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

He's playing Bron too many minutes.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

I like how low key he is. He doesn't try to steal the show on the sidelines with ridiculous tantrums. Lots of coaches seem to go out of their way to get noticed out there. Sometimes I forget he's even there .
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
He's playing Bron too many minutes.

I think you're right if this continues for the entire season. Hopefully they get better and won't need him as much as the season progresses. Teams are highly motivated to beat the Lakers and if Lebron sits more in a lot of these close games the Lakers won those are losses.

manlisten wrote:
I like how low key he is. He doesn't try to steal the show on the sidelines with ridiculous tantrums. Lots of coaches seem to go out of their way to get noticed out there. Sometimes I forget he's even there .

In other words the polar opposite of D'Antoni who looks like he's having seizures on the sidelines during games?
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

Coach Vogel knows his players. He lets LBJ run the show, not scoring. And he lets AD dominate the defensive end, not scoring. That’s set the theme of the team.

And he uses Bradley, Caruso and KCP’s versatility as supplementary playmakers, not 3D. That’s also a good move
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

I'm not a fan of lineups that has 2 shrimp non-defenders:

Troy + Rondo
Cook + Rondo
Cook + Troy

AB and Caruso, please heal up fast!
Also, thank goodness we have KCP right now. I couldn't bare to see SND lineups.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 17 of 27
Jump to: