Kobe v. LBJ (Read mod warning on page 1 before posting)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 162, 163, 164  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
When they asked Magic who was the best, he would always say Larry. When they asked Larry who was the best, he would always say Magic. When they asked them both together in Barcelona, they both said MJ. Being humble is something the modern super-star doesn't know anything about, and their fans follow suit.

We are having a glorious season, and this thread sucks.

real talk

The purpose of this thread was to divert this from LBJ’s thread. So it’s serving its purpose.

It's definitely helping the rest of the forum out. However, I can't lie. I check out this thread sometimes for the sheer entertainment value of all the madness.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
When they asked Magic who was the best, he would always say Larry. When they asked Larry who was the best, he would always say Magic. When they asked them both together in Barcelona, they both said MJ. Being humble is something the modern super-star doesn't know anything about, and their fans follow suit.

real talk

The purpose of this thread was to divert this from LBJ’s thread. So it’s serving its purpose.

It's definitely helping the rest of the forum out. However, I can't lie. I check out this thread sometimes for the sheer entertainment value of all the madness.

Yimo, opened the thread up and left it out like a piece of cheese. And the mumble rappers took the bait. The LBJ thread has for the most part be MambaKingTalk free!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

real talk

Exactly. Which is why it must remain in plain sight!
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

You talked about the poster right there in bold. If you don't or can't understand that and refrain, then maybe you should stop posting in this thread.

If people have a problem with a particular post, they should report it, not take it upon themselves to post a multi-paragraph critique of the poster.

This is really simple.

You don’t seem to understand the difference between “rah rah” posts and baiting. This is your community so if you’d rather preserve trolls and encourage productive posters to quit posting then I’m very much glad to stop posting here. Please delete my account.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Let me add one thing. Rings are relevant in the discussion of why a player may be in the GOAT conversation.

But not that relevant in who is the GOAT. Or who is the best player.

I would put it a little differently. Each additional ring brings diminishing returns in the GOAT conversation.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Let me add one thing. Rings are relevant in the discussion of why a player may be in the GOAT conversation.

I would put it a little differently. Each additional ring brings diminishing returns in the GOAT conversation.

I can dig that. I think there is actual proof of this in action actually.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

My take is you need at least 2 to 3 rings to get into the GOAT discussion. After you're in the discussion, it doesn't matter all that much: it's just one consideration among many things.

Not many people get worked up over the difference between Wilt's 2 rings, Bird's 3 rings, Shaq's 4 rings, and Duncan's 5 rings.

But I think the real bottom line is most people don't really have any criteria. They ranks players based on their whims and then look for reasons to justify it after the fact.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

real talk

Good point. Thanks for reminding me. I rather have all this stuff here. Just gotta remind myself not to go in it.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

L4L wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

You talked about the poster right there in bold. If you don't or can't understand that and refrain, then maybe you should stop posting in this thread.

If people have a problem with a particular post, they should report it, not take it upon themselves to post a multi-paragraph critique of the poster.

This is really simple.

You don’t seem to understand the difference between “rah rah” posts and baiting. This is your community so if you’d rather preserve trolls and encourage productive posters to quit posting then I’m very much glad to stop posting here. Please delete my account.

I understand your frustration, but maybe you should try to remember the point of this thread. It was created to isolate people who want to trash each over Lebron vs. Kobe out of the other threads.

If this thread pushes your buttons. just ignore it, because it is a place where baiters are using loopholes in the posting rules to push people's buttons.

Personally, I've found this thread interesting because it has give me insight into the negative effects of social media. At times, I jumped on the train of irritating others just for the sake of irritating them (I think everyone in this thread has).

It made me feel negatively about myself, and negatively about the people in this thread. This thread is really a case study in the worse impulses of human beings. I hope everyone who has participated in it feels the need to take a shower (and I include myself in that criticism).
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

What’s your pre-requisite subjective number to get a seat at the table, 3 rings?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

What’s your pre-requisite subjective number to get a seat at the table, 3 rings?

I'd have a hard time labeling a guy who never won it all the GOAT, but I also don't hold it against say, Wilt or West (who are on the list but not top contenders IMO) that their greatness occurred in the ultimate stacked team era. Then again, I don't think the stacked team hurts Russell, whose brilliance and willingness to sacrifice his own numbers made that team greater than any other player would have IMO.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I’m hesitant to put a number on it because it would depend so much on the circumstances. In a 30 team league with a harsh luxury tax, is it really reasonable to require the same number of rings as you would for a player from the ‘80s or ‘60s? If it is, then it certainly validates the free agent moves of Lebron and Durant.

Having said that, at the current time, I think it would be hard for anyone with less than two rings to claim a seat at the table.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

L4L wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

This is really simple.

Lighten up, Francis.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

L4L wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

This is really simple.

Why? You can stop posting any time you like...
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
L4L wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

This is really simple.

Lighten up, Francis.

Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

hey Kush, thanks for asking. It was EPIC. Watching LAbron hit 6-8 from deep, AD dropping a 50 piece, and the Win. Energy at STAPLES was electric!

Our guy is now less than 500 points away from passing bryant. I haven't really had a chance to run the numbers and predict when (which game) it will happen, but I am fa sho going to find a way to be there.

#GoLakers

george w kush wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

I'm headed to the Lakers game tonight to watch the greatest player of all time.

So how was the game?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:
hey Kush, thanks for asking. It was EPIC. Watching LAbron hit 6-8 from deep, AD dropping a 50 piece, and the Win. Energy at STAPLES was electric!

Our guy is now less than 500 points away from passing bryant. I haven't really had a chance to run the numbers and predict when (which game) it will happen, but I am fa sho going to find a way to be there.

#GoLakers

george w kush wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

So how was the game?

Make sure to be there when he passes Kobe in championships too! Best case scenario, he'll be 38.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject:

The Mamba has 2 olympic rings.
O... wait... Bron has one more Bronze...
Geesshhh... I just kill my own argument...
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
The Mamba has 2 olympic rings.
O... wait... Bron has one more Bronze...
Geesshhh... I just kill my own argument...

Me to myself : "Hey I, you make me look bad. Stop revealing something so obvious.."

Myself: "Yeah. My bad. I thought the Bronze thing was a losing thingy..."

Me: "You...stupid!"
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

I hope Lebron passes Kobe for rings while he is on the Lakers.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

I question why we even need this thread. Its like a black eye.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

Because.
We need to know once and for all.
Who is the greatest. How can you sleep at night without knowing?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

Remember the P&M thread when times were bad? We needed that then. And the more success this team has under Lebron’s leadership, the more we need this thread to stay alive to absorb the pushback. It’s a good thing but I understand not for everyone.
Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject:

He will be 35 on Dec. 30, so he'd be 37 if we 3peat.

Bryant would have and should have retired earlier, but he had to pass Mike in points so he could help make a case for himself to be Top 10. It didn't work.

I'm really enjoying this ride with LeBron as Lakers superstar.

kikanga wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

#GoLakers

george w kush wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

So how was the game?

Make sure to be there when he passes Kobe in championships too! Best case scenario, he'll be 38.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:
He will be 35 on Dec. 30, so he'd be 37 if we 3peat.

Bryant would have and should have retired earlier, but he had to pass Mike in points so he could help make a case for himself to be Top 10. It didn't work.

I'm really enjoying this ride with LeBron as Lakers superstar.

kikanga wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

#GoLakers

george w kush wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

So how was the game?

Don't really care what goes on in this thread but it does tend to leak out to other parts of the forum sometimes. It seems like some posters can't be positive about one player without putting down the other. Be grateful we have had both.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 162, 163, 164  Next
Page 108 of 164
Jump to: