Kobe v. LBJ (Read mod warning on page 1 before posting)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 162, 163, 164  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:
He will be 35 on Dec. 30, so he'd be 37 if we 3peat.

Bryant would have and should have retired earlier, but he had to pass Mike in points so he could help make a case for himself to be Top 10. It didn't work.

I'm really enjoying this ride with LeBron as Lakers superstar.

kikanga wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:
hey Kush, thanks for asking. It was EPIC. Watching LAbron hit 6-8 from deep, AD dropping a 50 piece, and the Win. Energy at STAPLES was electric!

Our guy is now less than 500 points away from passing bryant. I haven't really had a chance to run the numbers and predict when (which game) it will happen, but I am fa sho going to find a way to be there.

#GoLakers

george w kush wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

I'm headed to the Lakers game tonight to watch the greatest player of all time.

So how was the game?

Make sure to be there when he passes Kobe in championships too! Best case scenario, he'll be 38.

He's never won a 3peat. Or won with just 1 all star teammate. If he does both. I'll give him all the credit in the world.
Here in Lakerland we don't care about points if they aren't accompanied by rings (plural).
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Well, I don’t think that’s true. We care about points quite a bit, rings or not. Kobe’s 82 is one of many valid examples of his greatness IMO even if he didn’t win a ring doing it or in the season he did it.
Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Bryant cared about the points. He is still only ranked #14. He was hoping that by sticking around and passing up Mike in points, it would help his legacy. Didn't work out that way.

Look how gracefully and efficiently LAbron is passing bryant.....it's absolutely beautiful to watch. Enjoy.

kikanga wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

Bryant would have and should have retired earlier, but he had to pass Mike in points so he could help make a case for himself to be Top 10. It didn't work.

kikanga wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:
hey Kush, thanks for asking. It was EPIC. Watching LAbron hit 6-8 from deep, AD dropping a 50 piece, and the Win. Energy at STAPLES was electric!

Our guy is now less than 500 points away from passing bryant. I haven't really had a chance to run the numbers and predict when (which game) it will happen, but I am fa sho going to find a way to be there.

#GoLakers

george w kush wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

So how was the game?

Make sure to be there when he passes Kobe in championships too! Best case scenario, he'll be 38.

He's never won a 3peat. Or won with just 1 all star teammate. If he does both. I'll give him all the credit in the world.
Here in Lakerland we don't care about points if they aren't accompanied by rings (plural).
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:
Bryant cared about the points. He is still only ranked #14. He was hoping that by sticking around and passing up Mike in points, it would help his legacy. Didn't work out that way.

Look how gracefully and efficiently LAbron is passing bryant.....it's absolutely beautiful to watch. Enjoy.

kikanga wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

kikanga wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

#GoLakers

george w kush wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

So how was the game?

You're on a laker forum dude. Maybe you should stop giving backhanded compliments or taking shots at Kobe every time you show your adulation for Lebron.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:

kikanga wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

kikanga wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

#GoLakers

george w kush wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

So how was the game?

Bryant cared about Championships. Laker fans understand this. Laker fans appreciate everything he did to get us those championships.
Ungrateful fans apparently don’t
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:

Hopefully he makes it past X mas this time around.
I'm enjoying it as much as a long term Laker fan can enjoy the regular season (not very much compared to chips).
Passing Kobe won't mean squat if we don't get a ring in June. Just how it is in Lakerland.

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

False. Magic was ranked #1 Laker, not Bryant.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/797505-the-ten-greatest-lakers-of-all-time

The article was written before Bryant went 17-65, the worst season in Lakers history. He took more shots than anyone on the team, shot the worst FG% of anyone on the team - and blamed everyone else.

Now that we have LeBron, things are looking up.

activeverb wrote:
In an earlier article, Bleacher ranked the top 25 Lakers of all time, and put Kobe in the number one spot.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:
False. Magic was ranked #1 Laker, not Bryant.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/797505-the-ten-greatest-lakers-of-all-time

The article was written before Bryant went 17-65, the worst season in Lakers history. He took more shots than anyone on the team, shot the worst FG% of anyone on the team - and blamed everyone else.

Now that we have LeBron, things are looking up.

activeverb wrote:
In an earlier article, Bleacher ranked the top 25 Lakers of all time, and put Kobe in the number one spot.

Oh you're saying Bron is better right now than Kobe when he tore his achilles? Talk about a low bar for GOAT.

Lets just hope he makes it past X-mas day this year. Last year we were overachieving too up to this point.

Oh and lets hope he doesn't cramp up in the playoffs either.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Lebron fans celebrate stats.
Lakers fans celebrate rings.

Ask Kershaw what's more valued in LA. Stats or championship wins. Ask the Rams too.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Ask Kershaw what's more valued in LA. Stats or championship wins. Ask the Rams too.

We’ve been trying not to group people like that in here. Warnings have gone out about it. Just FYI. (Bunch of warnings about this on page 103)
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
kikanga wrote:

We’ve been trying not to group people like that in here. Warnings have gone out about it. Just FYI. (Bunch of warnings about this on page 103)

Hmm. Didn't say X person was Y type of fan. Just speaking generally.

Lifelong Lebron fans care about stats.
Lifelong Lakers fans care about chips.
In LA, fans would trade in stats of their star players like Kershaw, Goff, Gurley if it meant they won championships.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Now that I think about it. I hope this thread keeps going. Because it could only mean one thing... Lebron and the Lakers are doing great!!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
I question why we even need this thread. Its like a black eye.

That's why.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Is it too late for yinoma to edit his original post and turn this into a poll? Might add more spice to things in here.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Hmm. Didn't say X person was Y type of fan. Just speaking generally.

Lifelong Lebron fans care about stats.
Lifelong Lakers fans care about chips.
In LA, fans would trade in stats of their star players like Kershaw, Goff, Gurley if it meant they won championships.

Haha. Generally but in response to someone who brought up stats you just happened to make a general statement about what type of fans like stats?

A poster was just suspended in the past few pages for doing this. Kept saying “Bryant Fans” etc. Doubt adding “lifelong” suddenly makes it innocuous and generic.

The exact warning was “stop talking about who is what kind of fan”. When you reply to someone who brings up stats, with a general statement about what kind of fans bring up stats, that’s what they’re trying to curtail.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
nickuku wrote:
I question why we even need this thread. Its like a black eye.

That's why.

Yup. It’s the elusive hairy arm.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Haha. Generally but in response to someone who brought up stats you just happened to make a general statement about what type of fans like stats?

A poster was just suspended in the past few pages for doing this. Kept saying “Bryant Fans” etc. Doubt adding “lifelong” suddenly makes it innocuous and generic.

The exact warning was “stop talking about who is what kind of fan”. When you reply to someone who brings up stats, with a general statement about what kind of fans bring up stats, that’s what they’re trying to curtail.

You're making this very meta right now.
If Omar or CL have a problem with my general depiction of Lakers, LA, and Lebron fans. I'm sure they will tell me.
I'm talking about an idea. Not a poster. And I didn't say caring about stats is worse than caring about chips. You're making this about a poster. I'm not.

Lonzo fans cared about defense and playmaking. Ingram fans cared about length and two way wing play. None of these statements are attacking a poster.

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:

Bryant cared about Championships. Laker fans understand this. Laker fans appreciate everything he did to get us those championships.
Ungrateful fans apparently don’t

I dont think guys who have Lebron shrines were Lakers fans prior (or still aren't)? Obviously, speaking in general terms.

Last edited by epak on Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

That's FACTS!
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
ive been tallying the data in this thread, and going just by points alone, kobe-fans are winning 99-7 . facts.

Damn...are we letting them get back in the game? Lol
I thought it was still a shutout

he gets some points for being big and muscular, and skilled enough to do some damage.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject:

To address some questions from the last couple of pages:

When someone stereotypes an entire group of fans (whether Kobe fans or LBJ fans), it provokes people who identify with that fandom. People take it personally, feel insulted and start hurling insults in return. Then the whole thread becomes a food fight with angry posters reporting one another for having started it.

That's why we ask people to discuss the topic "Kobe v LeBron" and not other posters. The topic is not "Kobe fans v LeBron fans." See the difference?

And just to clarify, when someone is suspended we take into account their posting history. If they are a known troublemaker, frequently hostile and insulting, then we are quicker on the draw to suspend them for the current infraction. If a poster is generally solid but wanders over the line in one or two posts, then we warn rather than suspend.

Since we expect superfans of both Kobe and LeBron to make effusive posts supporting their guy in this thread, we don't consider that trolling for the purposes of this thread only. However, if a Kobe superfan went over to the LBJ thread and made similarly effusive posts there, then that would be considered trolling and they would be warned to cease and desist.

And finally, if this thread annoys you, don't open it. If a particular poster annoys you, ignore them and keep scrolling.

LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
When they asked Magic who was the best, he would always say Larry. When they asked Larry who was the best, he would always say Magic. When they asked them both together in Barcelona, they both said MJ. Being humble is something the modern super-star doesn't know anything about, and their fans follow suit.

We are having a glorious season, and this thread sucks.

Players have a different take than the general public, because when you ask them they their mind automatically goes to the players that they had to play against, rather than some metric as the Jim Jackson post demonstrates.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
How come losing 6 finals be GOAT?
In that case Jerry West more GOAT.
Rah rah rah...

Check this out.
Lebron gets to 9 finals in the East.
"Lebron is the GOAT!"
Lebron loses 6 finals when finally playing a legit WC team.
"It's a team game. Did you expect him to win it all on his own?"

People also never bring up Duncan’s 5-1 record and proclaim him greater than Kobe.

Because finals record means nothing. As I have been saying. Haha.

He is. Wanna start that thread?
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
When they asked Magic who was the best, he would always say Larry. When they asked Larry who was the best, he would always say Magic. When they asked them both together in Barcelona, they both said MJ. Being humble is something the modern super-star doesn't know anything about, and their fans follow suit.

We are having a glorious season, and this thread sucks.

When they asked in Barcelona, Bird was referring to it being Jordan’s league then. I can’t recall one moment where Bird said Jordan was better than him in general.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
How come losing 6 finals be GOAT?
In that case Jerry West more GOAT.
Rah rah rah...

Check this out.
Lebron gets to 9 finals in the East.
"Lebron is the GOAT!"
Lebron loses 6 finals when finally playing a legit WC team.
"It's a team game. Did you expect him to win it all on his own?"

People also never bring up Duncan’s 5-1 record and proclaim him greater than Kobe.

Because finals record means nothing. As I have been saying. Haha.

He is. Wanna start that thread?

Pls do so. See where the Dream and Bron will be based on the criteria.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 162, 163, 164  Next
Page 109 of 164
Jump to: