Kobe v. LBJ (Read mod warning on page 1 before posting)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 162, 163, 164  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Has there ever been a poll of coaches' All-Time lists? I'm curious what they have to say. We all know multiple players hold Kobe very high regard.

I’ve never heard of that. I’m not sure it would be meaningful, to be honest. Just like current players, coaches don’t really contemplate this stuff very often and, if you think about it, they don’t really have any special insight into the criteria that we use in ranking players. They can tell you who they admire, who they would have liked to have coached or have played with, and who they dreaded coaching or playing against. I won’t say that those factors are irrelevant, but those aren’t the primary criteria we use (or that they would use, if they thought it through). Furthermore, when I’ve seen coaches asked those sorts of questions (which is rare), they typically say the same thing as everyone else, often with a nod to a player or two with whom they had a particular connection.

The last part is true. I dont know if Pop would tell you more about MJ than Kobe. In Pop's mind he would have said, "Darn it... if not for the Lakers, my Spurs would have dominated the NBA for a decade." Well, actuallly, that was what Kobe said if Spurs werent that good in his prime years. Pop would have credited Kobe more than anyone else on the Lakers (Phil Jackson included, Lol) because without Shaq, Kobe still was able to prevent Spurs dominance.

Shaq, Kobe, TD (plus Parker, Ginobli, etc., ) sort of cancelling each other out to be the GOAT. Easily each side woulda a 7th time champ in each other's absence. Anyone counting the ships from 1999 thru 2012 can see it clearly.

Shaq 4, Kobe 5, Timmy 5.
But my money on Kobe, anytime of the day.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:
I'm not aware of any Coach polls. The fact that nobody came to play with Bryant during his last few years tells me all I need to know about 'how other players felt' about him.

Look there are a lot of players who hold Chris Paul and James Harden in high regard. We heard Paul George saying nice words about Melo recently. These statements are not official rankings, they're just casual statements.

Official rankings from the major sports networks like #ESPN may see significant movement after next year. We won't see major movement, but small moves that may significantly impact Bryant's standing. For example, we may see Curry or KD pass Bryant if either one of them has a big year.

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Has there ever been a poll of coaches' All-Time lists? I'm curious what they have to say. We all know multiple players hold Kobe very high regard.

you gotta stop with this nobody came to play with kobe.
you are not being true to the times.
if you remember, the lebron decision happened in 2010 which was a HUGE deal. if superstars were as willing as now to team up with each other as back then, then the Decision would not have been such a big deal. so you gotta stop throwing that out there. now it is happening every year, or multiple times a year.
Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject:

I said nobody came to play with Bryant during his last few years which is 100% true. ESPN's Henry Abbott wrote a well circulated article about this fact, adding that Bryant was the very reason why nobody came.

LAbron immediately recruited AD, now we're playing for a Chip.

Facts.

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:
I'm not aware of any Coach polls. The fact that nobody came to play with Bryant during his last few years tells me all I need to know about 'how other players felt' about him.

Look there are a lot of players who hold Chris Paul and James Harden in high regard. We heard Paul George saying nice words about Melo recently. These statements are not official rankings, they're just casual statements.

Official rankings from the major sports networks like #ESPN may see significant movement after next year. We won't see major movement, but small moves that may significantly impact Bryant's standing. For example, we may see Curry or KD pass Bryant if either one of them has a big year.

LandsbergerRules wrote:

if you remember, the lebron decision happened in 2010 which was a HUGE deal. if superstars were as willing as now to team up with each other as back then, then the Decision would not have been such a big deal. so you gotta stop throwing that out there. now it is happening every year, or multiple times a year.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject:

It’s true no one came to play with Kobe. But, no one was teaming up in his prime and in his last few years he was old and wasn’t any good anymore.

Either way, it’s pretty irrelevant as to who was better.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:
ESPN's Henry Abbott wrote

lmao now you're trapped in troll tier 1 forever. yikes
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:
I said nobody came to play with Bryant during his last few years which is 100% true. ESPN's Henry Abbott wrote a well circulated article about this fact, adding that Bryant was the very reason why nobody came.

Facts.

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

LandsbergerRules wrote:

Omg, you’re referencing Henry Abbott
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Henry Abbott -- well known Kobe hater. Fact.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

Facts.

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

LandsbergerRules wrote:

Didn't I tell you two to stop responding to one another? I made the same point about Abbott without making it personal by mocking a poster. If you can't modify your posting style you shouldn't be posting in this thread. For the 20,000th time, discuss the topic and not the poster.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:

Facts.

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

LandsbergerRules wrote:

And as a moderator I suggest you be less trolly by always posting based on the same agenda over and over. It's tiresome and annoys people, thus they react to you. Give it a rest. Find something new in Laker world to talk about.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
i could watch kobe highlights all night. he was incredible could score a million ways. i cant watch too much bron he does the same 2 things lol 1 hand dunk or look down 3

I find Kobe more entertaining to watch for sure, particularly in that 05-06 ish period where he just went nuts.

yup back when the whole world was hating on him. kobe loved it tho. he thrived off that!! kobe loved hearing entire arena booing him every time he touch the ball. that type of treatment cause lebron to have an emotional breakdown.

Is Henry Abbot amongst the casters?
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

Facts.

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:

LandsbergerRules wrote:

Didn't I tell you two to stop responding to one another? I made the same point about Abbott without making it personal by mocking a poster. If you can't modify your posting style you shouldn't be posting in this thread. For the 20,000th time, discuss the topic and not the poster.

Gotcha. Sorry
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject:

I don't get why this comparison has to be made, but the argument that people weren't flocking here to play in Kobe's last years versus Lebron's. Well, we don't even know that these are Lebron's last years.

I think the level of play they are capable of is what people look for more than anything. Lebron is still playing like the best in the game, so of course he is going to get more players wanting to play with him. Who wanted to play with him last year? Rondo? McGee? Beasley? Stephenson?
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
I don't get why this comparison has to be made, but the argument that people weren't flocking here to play in Kobe's last years versus Lebron's. Well, we don't even know that these are Lebron's last years.

I think the level of play they are capable of is what people look for more than anything. Lebron is still playing like the best in the game, so of course he is going to get more players wanting to play with him. Who wanted to play with him last year? Rondo? McGee? Beasley? Stephenson?

Seriously
Some act as if The Achilles injury didn’t have something to do with how it all went down
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Year 17 highest ppg: 1. Kobe 2. LeBron
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:25 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

You have to wait till LeBron's last game of the season.
Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:35 am    Post subject:

Agree. Bron drops 35-16-7 tonight on 25 shots in Road game against Dallas. He brings it night after night.

He is now only 161 points from passing Bryant. 6-8 games away...we are on the road with NYK, Brook, 76ers, then the 9th game will be at home vs. Clippers.

I would love to see LBJ pass Bryant in the Clippers game on our home court.

Theseus wrote:
Lebron is still playing like the best in the game, so of course he is going to get more players wanting to play with him.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:23 am    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:
Agree. Bron drops 35-16-7 tonight on 25 shots in Road game against Dallas. He brings it night after night.

He is now only 161 points from passing Bryant. 6-8 games away...we are on the road with NYK, Brook, 76ers, then the 9th game will be at home vs. Clippers.

I would love to see LBJ pass Bryant in the Clippers game on our home court.

Theseus wrote:
Lebron is still playing like the best in the game, so of course he is going to get more players wanting to play with him.

Yeah he probably will only to get completely destroyed by Leonard again.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
governator wrote:

You have to wait till LeBron's last game of the season.

I don't think Melo, Vince or Kyle Korver can move LeBron to #3, no need to wait til last game of season
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Henry Abbott -- well known Kobe hater. Fact.

Agreed.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject:

We got ourselves two young super stars in Kuz n Davis.
Even if we don't win ship this season with Bron, we know Kuz n Davis will someday bring the ship.

Feb trade deadline will probably change the contenders' landscape. It's interesting to see what Lakers management will do to better the roster who start to click without their top two players.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:

Deep breaths, man.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:50 pm    Post subject:

I think for some reasons Kuz's potentials have been hidden behind the two main players. We will see if Kuz is the real deal.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
Even if we don't win ship this season with Bron, we know Kuz n Davis will someday bring the ship.

Feb trade deadline will probably change the contenders' landscape. It's interesting to see what Lakers management will do to better the roster who start to click without their top two players.

Great game from Daniels today too!
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject:

It's kinda weird to me.
Lakers young guns start to blossom like crazy.
Kuz
Inggram... the pelican
D'Angel, warrior
The new yorker
The utah jazz
.... right before our eyes...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
It's kinda weird to me.
Lakers young guns start to blossom like crazy.
Kuz
Inggram... the pelican
D'Angel, warrior
The new yorker
The utah jazz
.... right before our eyes...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 162, 163, 164  Next
Page 153 of 164
Jump to: