Lamar better not be on Mobley tonight...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Lamar better not be on Mobley tonight...

That's just asking for trouble. Kobe better be on him or PJ could adjust the starting lineup and put DG in....
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject:

agreed cause mobely torched him last time.
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject:

Lamar had no D at all, if he defends mobley, we are done
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject:

Kobe gambles more lately. I don't think it will make a difference who does.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject:

Agreed. Stupid to expect a 6'10 player guard someone 6'4.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
Agreed. Stupid to expect a 6'10 player guard someone 6'4.

Exactly. I don't know why he was on Mobley in the first place - it's just a mismatch.
Van-Exel26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject:

Seriously, put Odom on Livingston. It's not fair to expect him to guard Mobley who is really a SG.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject:

Kobe probably laughed at the fact Livingston wanted to guard him last time.
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:

I guess you fell asleep before the game came on last night. Odom literally shut Artest down in the first half. He used his longer reach to full advantage and never let Artest post up even once in the entire first half and only a couple of times for the game. Artest was reduced to shooting long range jumpers ... not exactly his game. He finished 6 for 17.

Not exactly what I would call "no D".
G1 Hydrogenic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:

Were we watching the same game last night? Nearly the entire night, aside from a few instances where Artest practically muscled his way to the basket, Odom's length and bodying up was causing Artest a bunch of problems on offense. When George was in the game, Artest was definitely making an effort to get inside because he knew he could outmuscle George. When Odom was in, it was a different story. I wasn't surprised that Artest eventually stopped going iso inside.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
40ptmachine wrote:

I guess you fell asleep before the game came on last night. Odom literally shut Artest down in the first half. He used his longer reach to full advantage and never let Artest post up even once in the entire first half and only a couple of times for the game. Artest was reduced to shooting long range jumpers ... not exactly his game. He finished 6 for 17.

I'm glad someone else noticed. I though LO did a better job on Artest than Kobe.

Hopefully, Phil won't wait as long to put DG on Mobley if he starts to heat up.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Lamar better not be on Mobley tonight...

Kobe2Lamar wrote:
That's just asking for trouble. Kobe better be on him or PJ could adjust the starting lineup and put DG in....

Word!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject:

G1 Hydrogenic wrote:
40ptmachine wrote:

Were we watching the same game last night? Nearly the entire night, aside from a few instances where Artest practically muscled his way to the basket, Odom's length and bodying up was causing Artest a bunch of problems on offense. When George was in the game, Artest was definitely making an effort to get inside because he knew he could outmuscle George. When Odom was in, it was a different story. I wasn't surprised that Artest eventually stopped going iso inside.

True, but Artest isn't Mobley, and Lamar looked horrible guarding Mobley last time the Lakers and Clippers matched up, just as 40ptmachine said.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I think they were talking about last time we played the clips, not lamar's d last night...he did a great job on Artest.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject:

Phil's rotations are getting better as of late

i HOPE they continue and we wont see odom on mobley defensively
MyKRo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject:

Mobley has a problem with a finger on his shooting hand..He hasn't had a good game in ages. I'm ok with Lamar guarding him.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
40ptmachine wrote:

You see machine until you stop laboring under the dillusion that you know what you are talking about and actually have somebody who knows the game watch with you and explain just exactly what is going on you will continue to be made look silly...

Kobe should be on Mobley anyway just for speeds sake. What would be nice is if Cuttino is made to guard Lamar while the mandate for Lamar to put up more shots is still effective. If anybody thought LO looked silly trying to guard Mobley last time, your're really going to like it the other way around for the comedy that would provide...
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
What would be nice is if Cuttino is made to guard Lamar while the mandate for Lamar to put up more shots is still effective. If anybody thought LO looked silly trying to guard Mobley last time, your're really going to like it the other way around for the comedy that would provide...

I don't know if Dunleavy is that stupid, but if he is...
maddprophet
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
What would be nice is if Cuttino is made to guard Lamar while the mandate for Lamar to put up more shots is still effective. If anybody thought LO looked silly trying to guard Mobley last time, your're really going to like it the other way around for the comedy that would provide...

I don't know if Dunleavy is that stupid, but if he is...

exactly, we should be able to exploit that match up much more then they can.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Back off 40ptmachine. His post said HAD. It did not say HAS. That night on Mobley, it is true, LO HAD no D on Cat.

It's a bad matchup for him. Smush should be guarding him with specific directions from Phil to stay in front of him and make him take jumpers with a hand in his face.

LO should be roaming this game or on Cassell. Cassell doesn't have Cat's footspeed so LO can disturb the Clips offensive flow with his long arms and if Cassell is only shooting and not passing to Kaman and Brand, we will surely win.

If LO roams he can pick up the slack for whoever is having a hard guard. That will allow Kobe to either man up or double down with ease.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Kobe should guard Mobley and have LO guard Livingston.
maddprophet
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject:

look, on the other end someone between cassell, cat, and livingston has to guard lo. assuming those three start at 1,2,& 3.

i'll take lamar posting those cats up and drawing double teams away from kobe any day.

none of those 3 can score as easily on lamar as he could on them. that mis match works in out favor, IF lamar is agressive and exploits the matchup.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Here's the thing.

I wouldn't mind Phil leaving LO on Mobley so long as he made sure that LO was in the post right back at him on the other end.

Cat would get beat pretty bad and it would wear on him.

Most players in the NBA lose confidence when they consistently get scored on.

Lamar MUST make defenses pay for putting a crappy small bad matchup on him. Instead of the Lakers adjusting, Lamar needs to make the OPPONENTS adjust to us.

That is what Phil was refering to Lamar not being a big advantage for until the ASG. All Lamar has to do is work the post on offense as a SF and if they match him up with a bigger man then attack the hoop using his ballhandling and length.

If he continues to do what he has in the last 2-3 games, he will be fine. Even matched up against the quicker and shooting guard type that is Cat.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject:

LO on Mobley means that he will get into foul trouble. The same can be said of Mobley trying to guard LO. So basically whoever fouls more. That's jus dumb. Have LO guard Livingston and see if he can hit a jumpshot.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
LO on Mobley means that he will get into foul trouble. The same can be said of Mobley trying to guard LO. So basically whoever fouls more. That's jus dumb. Have LO guard Livingston and see if he can hit a jumpshot.

I like this idea and history shows us that Cat would rather drink pee than be bothered with Kobe for 4 quarters especially on both ends of the floor.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: