Lethal Scammer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
yeah can we please stop with the celebrity trainers

jesus

Our next shooting coach:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/935fed89-f9de-4cc3-aef8-19877b5d8827
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
I notice both Kuz and KCP bring the ball from their stomach and shoot it from their face. Kind of like how Steph shoots it. Maybe this is something that works better for short-armed guys? Longer-limbed guys tend to bring it back behind their shoulder, something both Ingram and Kawhi did coming out of college. Chip Engelland taught Kawhi to bring it straight up and release above his head (kind of like how Kobe shoots) and BI looks like he's doing the same now.

If you look at LS, the guy is like, what, 6'2? Probably average arm span. A Steph-like shooting form probably works for him but not for guys with long arm spans like KCP, Kuz and AB.

This isn't really my realm tho. KIROE?

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
I notice both Kuz and KCP bring the ball from their stomach and shoot it from their face. Kind of like how Steph shoots it. Maybe this is something that works better for short-armed guys? Longer-limbed guys tend to bring it back behind their shoulder, something both Ingram and Kawhi did coming out of college. Chip Engelland taught Kawhi to bring it straight up and release above his head (kind of like how Kobe shoots) and BI looks like he's doing the same now.

If you look at LS, the guy is like, what, 6'2? Probably average arm span. A Steph-like shooting form probably works for him but not for guys with long arm spans like KCP, Kuz and AB.

LS has a massive hitch where he takes the ball behind his shoulder/head. Kuz has raised his form to where it looks kinda similar to Kawhi..last season it was more at his face, now it's at or above the forehead with no wasted motion taking it back.
I do think long armed players and short armed players usually can take to different type of strokes. Davis shoots more of a short armed player stroke imo, from around the face.

It could all just be bad luck (From LS's standpoint). Kuz might not have the legs/conditioning yet. KCP might be lights out in practice like Vujacic but just too much in his own head now (and he was probably up there too much to begin with with that lost 50 mil), something a shooting coach can't fix. AB is at least shooting average.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

LS has a massive hitch where he takes the ball behind his shoulder/head. Kuz has raised his form to where it looks kinda similar to Kawhi..last season it was more at his face, now it's at or above the forehead with no wasted motion taking it back.
I do think long armed players and short armed players usually can take to different type of strokes. Davis shoots more of a short armed player stroke imo, from around the face.

It could all just be bad luck (From LS's standpoint). Kuz might not have the legs/conditioning yet. KCP might be lights out in practice like Vujacic but just too much in his own head now (and he was probably up there too much to begin with with that lost 50 mil), something a shooting coach can't fix. AB is at least shooting average.

a couple of Kuz' misses yesterday were pretty easily correctable and having to do with legs - he was overly eager to get the shot off and didn't set his base well, rushed it, one leg wasn't in the shot fully..LS will see that, that's in his wheelhouse I think. And yes conditioning is also a factor, along with Kuz being over-eager... I like Kuz' new shot, I think it gets him to average... but I do think an even better shooting coach could get Kuz to 38%
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

a couple of Kuz' misses yesterday were pretty easily correctable and having to do with legs - he was overly eager to get the shot off and didn't set his base well, rushed it, one leg wasn't in the shot fully..LS will see that, that's in his wheelhouse I think. And yes conditioning is also a factor, along with Kuz being over-eager... I like Kuz' new shot, I think it gets him to average... but I do think an even better shooting coach could get Kuz to 38%

what the hell did NO shooting coach do to make BI automatic?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

i saw a guy in LA fitness who is in his 60s using a push shot and made 50 straight 3s one time. maybe we can hire him too?
truth is, everyone is different, there is not much logic of changing the form you are comfortable with for years.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

BI did the simple tweak that many saw possible. He stopped taking the ball back behind his head (wasted motion) on his 3, and with that, smoothened out the shot..less defined 2 motion; more fluid... his long legs and arms had his 2motion shot being disjointed. I haven't looked at his midrange as much, but he still has some 'wasted' motion in that, but that's typical for mids where you jump higher and are closer to the rim. most 3s are close to set shots and the stroke should be smoother... there isn't even time in the air for wasted motion on the stroke..
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Pelinka needs to step in and keep this scammer away from our players. Cuffs said it best this dude bamboozles people with his fake smile and positive vibes BS so that people don't call him out. He's ruining these guys' jump shot. Where tf is Mike Penberthy? Didn't we hire him as the official shooting coach?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject:

Hmm....
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Hmm....

God Bless Lethal Scammer on this beautiful Sunday.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

He even taught KCP how to shoot.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Love the 40+% on 3s. Thanks Mike P!
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Lethal Scammer

PayasoLoco wrote:
AD/AB/Kuz/KCP shooting an amazing 20-84 from 3 point range after working with this guy. An amazing 24% on pretty much wide open 3s, wish i could be paid to be this bad at my job

Yet in Baseball, someone who fails 70% of the time at the plate is considered a great hitter!
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:57 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Judah wrote:
Hmm....

God Bless Lethal Scammer on this beautiful Sunday.

Funny AD found his stroke after working with Penberthy you know the real shooting coach
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
Pelinka needs to step in and keep this scammer away from our players. Cuffs said it best this dude bamboozles people with his fake smile and positive vibes BS so that people don't call him out. He's ruining these guys' jump shot. Where tf is Mike Penberthy? Didn't we hire him as the official shooting coach?

Or people need to stop trying so hard to connect dots.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

So AD worked with him all summer he was bricking, worked with Mike P who we hired and hes draining shots?? Seems like Mike P knows what hes doing without all the social media hype
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:

takes time to get used to a new shooting form in-game
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Isn't KCP shooting over 41% from 3 for the season atm?
Kuz coming back from injury, not just his shot that looks sus.
Bradley focusing mainly on D and low sample size on his 3
AD shot has been falling last couple of games.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

So AD worked with him all summer he was bricking, worked with Mike P who we hired and hes draining shots?? Seems like Mike P knows what hes doing without all the social media hype

If you were paying attention, he's been working with Penberthy since the summer too (according to Phil Handy). So there's that.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

If you were paying attention, he's been working with Penberthy since the summer too (according to Phil Handy). So there's that.

What's funny is people who have no business are criticizing people awfully early with very small sample sizes.

It has been discussed that Mike P. has helped him AD with game speed but has not worked on his form. LS helped them with that.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject:

KCP shooting over 60% from 3 the last 6 games ( since AB went out )
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Rondo, KCP, Troy Daniels 9/11 from 3 tonight.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

This is called regression to the mean. Again, people trying too hard to connect dots.

There are other factors. For instance, team starting slow offensively as a whole, and now they are playing better on that end.

There are so many different reasons, including just good old variance, to explain the ups and downs of 3pt shooting but for some reason we force jam a narrative we want into it.
JayLida
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
So if these guys get hot will you change your tune?

These guys have struggled to start. Okay. That doesn't mean you have to start drawing conclusions about LethalShooter this early. KCP had a stretch last season where he was shooting the air out of the ball and it was said that he had started working with LethalShooter.

Also, no one was saying this when they saw Kuz's shot during FIBA either:

This is so stupid and toxic.

I will add that LG has the best shooting coaches in the world Its easy to point fingers at the scapegoat. Last time I checked it is on the shooter to make shots NOT the coach!
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

EXACTLY! If you read ADs statement last week it was Mike P that has been helping these dudes shoot better by having them practice actual game speed shots not just open gym stationary shots
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: