*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Toronto Raptors (11/10/19) Gm#9 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Well, we do have the killer fighting spirit. 104-100. If they use challenge on the Kuzma foul that is a 5 point swing, we would have been up 102-101. You can’t improve unless you see the flaws. We learn from this and go at it again Tuesday and Wednesday. If Kuz gets the call he would have popped us up again 8 points in a short span and all would be singing a different tune.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
One game is ok, remember how we whooped healthy GS in the past few years

It happens. We got a healthy Lebron and AD and they don’t even have Lowry and Ibaka. We should of won with or without Toronto having those guys.

Crap game for both Bron and Brow despite their numbers and they’ll be the first to admit it.

It happens Tor played harder and deserved to win. Gotta dust off our shoulders and get ready for Phoenix on Tuesday. This 7 game winning streak was fun but it’s time to start another one
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Both losses have been against well coached and disciplined teams. Clips added finals mvp; raptors are defending champs and play like it.

Lakers in both instances got run off the court to begin the fourth; team then starts to panic and wheels fall off

The spurt to get within 4 was great but they needed to slow down and assert a better inside out game but didn’t - started chucking or ramming themselves into 3 rap defenders

Was frustrated that Lakers seemed to slack a bit in 3rd and 4th while raptors were really into it

I also noticed raps showed length that disturbed the Lakers

Bottom line Lakers have a way to go to get to that level. Team as a whole got a bit of a drubbing in 4th and a humility check

Good post. They've got 73 games to work out their issues. Five months from now they'll be a much better team, and they're already pretty good! I believe.
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject:

KCP, Daniels, Cook.. all these undersized worthless guards that are not even rotation level players on a contending team will be our demise. There's a reason they ain't hitting consistently. There's a reason why they are cheap contracts (Kcp should be). If we are relying on these guys to put us over the top we're (bleep).

Rondo, KCP, Caruso(sorry man, I do like you but still), Daniels, Cook, Bradley...we'd be better off having none of those 6 and just ONE CJ McCollum. Or one Brogdon etc. just throwing names out there that I know are not possible. Team needs 1 more bucket getter.

I'd take that one guy over all these unreliable guards and have no bench. Because we don't have a bench anyways with these tools..

Last edited by LakersLV on Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakersLV wrote:
NBA PLAYERS.. WIDE OPEN 3S.. FULL MOMENTUM.. HUGE ENERGY IN THE BUILDING... clank. clank. clank.

We shot the same percentage from 3 as they did.

Defense was the culprit today. And they out hustled us too.

Our 3s were wide open. That is unacceptable.

And if we played better defense it wouldn’t have mattered.

32 fast break points. Waaaaaay too many. Those are high percentage looks we gave away. 3 pointers are lower percentage.

Our team identity is defense. That’s what we are supposed to bring every night.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Both losses have been against well coached and disciplined teams. Clips added finals mvp; raptors are defending champs and play like it.

Lakers in both instances got run off the court to begin the fourth; team then starts to panic and wheels fall off

The spurt to get within 4 was great but they needed to slow down and assert a better inside out game but didn’t - started chucking or ramming themselves into 3 rap defenders

Was frustrated that Lakers seemed to slack a bit in 3rd and 4th while raptors were really into it

I also noticed raps showed length that disturbed the Lakers

Bottom line Lakers have a way to go to get to that level. Team as a whole got a bit of a drubbing in 4th and a humility check

Good post. They've got 73 games to work out their issues. Five months from now they'll be a much better team, and they're already pretty good! I believe.

They have been good and the 7 game winning streak proves that.
As for losing tonight I could see it coming a couple of games ago.

We can’t continue giving teams hope entering the 3rd or 4th quarter. Turning on the switch late in the game doesn’t work at a high winning percentage.

Gotta keep our feet on their heads while their underwater lol

Hopefully this loss will bring them back to earth and we come out re-focused and determined
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Well, we do have the killer fighting spirit. 104-100. If they use challenge on the Kuzma foul that is a 5 point swing, we would have been up 102-101. You can’t improve unless you see the flaws. We learn from this and go at it again Tuesday and Wednesday. If Kuz gets the call he would have popped us up again 8 points in a short span and all would be singing a different tune.

Both of kuzma’s missed 3s at the end were wide open in rhythm ones, so he should take those. It is a make or miss league. Raptors hit much tougher shots tonight
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

Runway8 wrote:
LakersLV wrote:
NBA PLAYERS.. WIDE OPEN 3S.. FULL MOMENTUM.. HUGE ENERGY IN THE BUILDING... clank. clank. clank.

104-100.. And we were in the bonus too. All we had to do was drive.

I know it's not the popular thing here on Raptorsground to point out the 8 or so missed calls the refs gifted the Raps but isn't there just the slightest chance the Lakers didn't drive the ball in precisely because they in fact would not get sent to the line even IF fouled?!?

The Boucher foul on Kuz missed call literally ended the game for us...
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject:

LakersLV wrote:
KCP, Daniels, Cook.. all these undersized worthless guards that are not even rotation level players on a contending team will be our demise. There's a reason they ain't hitting consistently. There's a reason why they are cheap contracts (Kcp should be). If we are relying on these guys to put us over the top we're (bleep).

Rondo, KCP, Caruso(sorry man, I do like you but still), Daniels, Cook, Beverley...we'd be better off having none of those 6 and just ONE CJ McCollum. Or one Brogdon etc. just throwing names out there that I know are not possible. Team needs 1 more bucket getter.

I'd take that one guy over all these unreliable guards and have no bench. Because we don't have a bench anyways with these tools..

Good post. An everything you mentioned highlights my question from earlier of where in the world is Danny Green tonight??!? Lol

We need him and I’m confident he won’t have too many games like tonight where he registered a doughnut 🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject:

I mean damn they can't play defense they can't hit wide open shots what can they do????
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject:

I can't even blame our weak guards.. it's the position we put ourselves in going after Leonard.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

AD with the MVP answers for the post game interview.

Owning up to the team playing bad tonight while also addressing all our issues.

He knew all the stats for each raps player. You know he’s studying everything like a basketball psychopath he is lol. Mamba mentality forever lol

Meh doesn’t seem worried and positive moving forward so maybe we should do the same.
Gotta shake this one off and get ready for another winning streak
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Is it just me or did Lebron look tired as hell out there?
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject:

3 point defense, When you are against a weaker team.

That’s what you have to focus on, let them shoot mid range or sth.

Don’t allow 3 points, and you basically cannot lose.

Our 3 point defense is just so bad...
It showed even in the preseason against nets.

I know raptor didn’t even shot that well from 3.

But that’s how they stayed in the game early on by making some 3s. You need to shut that down in the beginning.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Let's start another winning streak

Next Up:
Lakers vs Suns
Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2019 • 9:00 PM ET
Talking Stick Resort Arena • Phoenix, AZ

Let's Go Lakers!!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Vogel didn’t prep the team well for the Raptors.

Frank needs to stop using that play review early in games. Would have liked to see it used on that kuz play in the 4th.

Don’t think he could have, even if he used it. Can you ask for a replay on a play where no call was made at all? I don’t see how that would work.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

I hope to god the team files a protest with the league
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Props to Ujiri, great job of re-tooling after losing Kawhi and DG.

I never like losing, but I agree with you that he has done an incredible job for Toronto even AFTER winning a NBA Championship.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Frank needs to stop using that play review early in games. Would have liked to see it used on that kuz play in the 4th.

Don’t think he could have, even if he used it. Can you ask for a replay on a play where no call was made at all? I don’t see how that would work.

You’re right. I’m pretty sure there may have been another instance better suited for the challenge in the last few minutes- but it does not appear a coach challenge the failure to call a foul in the sequence I was discussing.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

I don't think so, I think if that was possible, they would have lost the Dallas game.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:24 am    Post subject:

I'm not worried about the loss. Teams are going to have nights like this, it happens in this league. What has me a tad frustrated is the fact down the stretch they kept trying to jack up 3s when it clearly wasn't the best shot. Look at what Toronto did at the same time, took the best shot. That was the difference, that needs to be addressed in the film session.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
I'm not worried about the loss. Teams are going to have nights like this, it happens in this league. What has me a tad frustrated is the fact down the stretch they kept trying to jack up 3s when it clearly wasn't the best shot. Look at what Toronto did at the same time, took the best shot. That was the difference, that needs to be addressed in the film session.

I thought the Lakers were getting excellent shots down the stretch. Kuzma and Davis aren't 3 point snipers but they had been making them and they were clean looks in rhythm.

Toronto was in a huge funk offensively and turned long rebounds from those wide open misses into transition baskets. If even one of those four shots goes in, I think the Lakers take that game.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

LakersLV wrote:

Rondo, KCP, Caruso(sorry man, I do like you but still), Daniels, Cook, Bradley...we'd be better off having none of those 6 and just ONE CJ McCollum
. Or one Brogdon etc. just throwing names out there that I know are not possible. Team needs 1 more bucket getter.

We'd be better off signing Steph and Harden but that's not how it works
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
LakersLV wrote:

Rondo, KCP, Caruso(sorry man, I do like you but still), Daniels, Cook, Bradley...we'd be better off having none of those 6 and just ONE CJ McCollum
. Or one Brogdon etc. just throwing names out there that I know are not possible. Team needs 1 more bucket getter.

We'd be better off signing Steph and Harden but that's not how it works

Yeah as I clearly said in the next line. You're also over-exaggerating too much. If the front office wasn't so incompetent all these years, we would most likely have that 3rd guy to go with AD and LeBron.
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Of course we lose to the Raptors and the Clippers beat them.. man.. Better beat the Suns by a good margin that's all I can say.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 39 of 40
Jump to: