Lakers vs the Cream of the Crop
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
I think Rondo has helped with this.

Did you see the fast break just before half time? He did something nobody else on the team does, something pretty simple but really effective. When he took the ball he was pretty much on the edge of the paint but when he threw the lob to LBJ he was half way between the paint and the 3 point line. He angled very subtly away from the basket drawing the defender all the way away from LBJ

Rondo's good with the playmaking
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
troy wrote:
I still don't think we can beat the Clippers.

assuming both teams are at full strength and that neither team improves its roster from here on out, I think we probably lose to them in 6 or 7

but the "full strength" thing for them is a huge caveat especially re: Kawhi

Kawhi will be just fine. The Clippers are feigning injury for him so that he only has to play 75% of the season. Come playoffs, he'll be at full strength. It's actually a brilliant strategy.

NBA WCF - Clippers v Lakers, Clippers in 5 (and I truly hate believing this)

Your analysis is not complete. Getting Kawhi to the playoffs healthy is only half the hurdle, as last year showed it's getting through the playoffs healthy which is the other half.

Last year Kawhi was limping by ECFs, he couldn't even reach the Finals fully healthy. Without a chance to rest in the playoffs keeping Kawhi healthy will be a huge challenge.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject:

I think we still need Iggy for defensive purposes for either guarding PG or Kawhi on the playoffs. hes not going to be the xfactor but will help considering we have poor wing defenders.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
I think Rondo has helped with this.

Did you see the fast break just before half time? He did something nobody else on the team does, something pretty simple but really effective. When he took the ball he was pretty much on the edge of the paint but when he threw the lob to LBJ he was half way between the paint and the 3 point line. He angled very subtly away from the basket drawing the defender all the way away from LBJ

Rondo's good with the playmaking

That’s basketball IQ right there. Something that perhaps is hard to appreciate yet very important
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
troy wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
troy wrote:
I still don't think we can beat the Clippers.

assuming both teams are at full strength and that neither team improves its roster from here on out, I think we probably lose to them in 6 or 7

but the "full strength" thing for them is a huge caveat especially re: Kawhi

Kawhi will be just fine. The Clippers are feigning injury for him so that he only has to play 75% of the season. Come playoffs, he'll be at full strength. It's actually a brilliant strategy.

NBA WCF - Clippers v Lakers, Clippers in 5 (and I truly hate believing this)

Your analysis is not complete. Getting Kawhi to the playoffs healthy is only half the hurdle, as last year showed it's getting through the playoffs healthy which is the other half.

Last year Kawhi was limping by ECFs, he couldn't even reach the Finals fully healthy. Without a chance to rest in the playoffs keeping Kawhi healthy will be a huge challenge.

Yeah, takes like that really make me wonder if they even watched him last year? He will be far from "fine".

He looked really solid for the first two rounds but towards the end of the ECF'S he was clearly slowing down.. The final two games of the finals that great supporting cast around him really stepped up because he was basically an elite decoy at the very end. Only time will tell on this one but I don't see how this season will be any different when facing a tougher western conference especially if they don't finish with a top 3 seed which could be very possible if they continue with so much "game managing".

The Clippers are clearly the Lakers biggest hurdle it seems at this point and I don't see that changing this season much but they are far from being this unbeatable juggernaut some are trying to make them out to be. PG and Kawhi are barely playing there first game together tonight. Let's get into 2020 at least before we make any ridiculous claims like that.

People act like Lebron and AD are injury concerns but PG and Kawhi are just as much or even more so imo. I still firmly believe the healthier of the 2 teams will advance and if both are at full strength it will be an epic series. Still so many possibilities that can happen before the playoff's though that can give either side slight advantages.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: