QFTOS: Mavs Edition 1-10-2020

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject: QFTOS: Mavs Edition 1-10-2020

Didn't see one . . .

Quote:
Should be a fun game. It'll be interesting to see if RC makes any changes. I'm hoping but not betting on it. My cynical prediction is that it's close until the last 3 minutes, and the Mavs might even have a 4-6 point lead. Unfortunately the Mavs will melt down again, and as RC finally goes with the steady veteran hand of JJB, Barea gets caught inside after switching on D and, though he tries valiantly, is unable to prevent AD from making the winning bucket. This would mark two games in a row that the Mavs lose at the end due to some stone age era, flat-earther, old-style big man in the paint basketball. However, the mavs still hold their heads high cuz #ANALyticsFTW!!

Quote:
Jesus...we are so outmatched in the paint it isn't even funny....even without Davis.

Quote:
Cannot stand to watch this domination in the paint...about to turn this (bleep) off because Lakers can get anything they want and then again if they miss.

GET Another FRICKIN BIG DONNIE!!!!!

Quote:
This (bleep) game is over at the 6min 1st quarter mark.
Sub all five of those effortless deadbeats tonight.

Quote:
Didn't think I could hate a Lakers team more than Kobe/Shaq team but LeBron/Howard is topping it.

Quote:
It's not their fault the mavs are soft ass (bleep) inside

People upset with Howard because he's bullying our soft ass front line

Quote:
Right if it wasn’t against the Mavs I’d be enjoying the (bleep) out of watching Howard bully others down low jamming.

Quote:
Lakers are just a much more talented team and it’s not even close. This team needs Luka to go off and if he struggles, we can all see what happens. Lakers basically buying themselves a title this year.

Quote:
This team spends too much time crying when (bleep) gets physical instead of just playing physical right back

This (bleep) will spread around the league that if you play Dallas and use force they will lose focus and start playing timid as (bleep)

We another Tyson Chandler and shawn marion on this team soft ass team

Quote:
It’s a 20 year old Michael with a bunch of Tito’s. It’s gonna be hard to sustain the type of workload the Mavs have given Doncic.

Quote:
LeBron sounds like such an ass, “I’m so great that my greatness bled over to another continent and made a baby LeBron named Luka.” It sounds like Avery taking credit for Dirk’s MVP.

Asked:
Quote:
Lakers go small and we make a run.
Interesting concept.

Maybe we'll learn something.

And answered:
Quote:
Powell in for Kleber. I'm gonna say we didnt.

Quote:
Mavs getting overpowered by Jared (bleep) Dudley. Shoot me in the head please

LG poster?
Quote:
When some of us were pining for Kemba as a guy to take pressure off Luka many didn’t want it because it would “take away touches” from Luka. Debating Kemba is one thing but thinking he doesn’t need another creator out there with him is ludicrous. It’s not sustainable

Quote:
Do you see what happens when we run our little guards with McGee and Howard in the paint? They don't get anywhere near that rim. But, but, McGee and Howard can't cubber guards on defense! SMH

Props!
Quote:
? Yeah I said our wing defenders are lazy as well. But McGee and Howard can hang with guards on defense because they're extremely agile for their size. Part of why the Lakers are so good defensively is they have three guys with incredible length, athleticism, and size and they don't stop coming with them.

Full LG-style snark battle!
Quote:
Howard and McGee occupy the paint, LOTS of it. They don't have to go anywhere. All they have to do is sway from side to side and swat at our mosquitos if they even think of doing a drive by.

Edit: You do know that McGee was on the Mavs for a bit and couldn't beg for more playing time, don't you? Yeah, he couldn't contribute much to the Mavs, but he somehow didn't suck so bad as to not be able to contribute to an NBA championship run with the warriors, and he's not exactly riding the pine every game with the Lakers either.

Quote:
disagree about what? McGee? Rick probably hates Javale because his basketball IQ is renowned for being one of the lowest ever, but he (and Dwight) have both clearly bought into the Lakers and their physical gifts are being well utilized

Quote:
I hope I'm wrong, but I think tonight is pretty clear evidence that the blown leads and chokes in the clutch have taken a mental toll on this team. This was an ugly, uninspired beatdown of a small, soft team by a larger, more physical one.

The MBT better get to work. If their going to turn things around going even smaller, then it's time to burn the midnight oil! /sarc

And now the whining:
Quote:
Seth Curry on Carlisle recognizing the team’s frustration:
“That’s the way it should be as a coach...we don’t have the older superstar that can really do that right now, to take a stand against the refs. We aren’t getting a lot of respect out there on the floor as players.
Luka taking it to the hole, Delon is taking to the rim a lot, I’m getting held a lot off the ball, but we just aren’t getting that respect so we have to keep playing through it and to play tough. Hopefully one day it’ll turn around.”

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject:

Love it
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:36 am    Post subject:

I think the frustrated Mavs fans don’t realize is Luka needs Porzingis. Without Porzingis, the opponent can focus on Luka and recover to any of the shooters.

That’s why the Knicks gifted the Mavs an accelerated rebuild. Kristaps opens things up on offense and even if he isn’t the best defender, he’s long enough in the paint to disrupt some and somewhat rim protect.

They aren’t good enough without Porzingis tbh.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject:

They're... actually kinda on point, not much crying about the game either, more so annoyed with their own team... kudos Dallas fans
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I think the frustrated Mavs fans don’t realize is Luka needs Porzingis. Without Porzingis, the opponent can focus on Luka and recover to any of the shooters.

That’s why the Knicks gifted the Mavs an accelerated rebuild. Kristaps opens things up on offense and even if he isn’t the best defender, he’s long enough in the paint to disrupt some and somewhat rim protect.

They aren’t good enough without Porzingis tbh.

Porzingis was a steal, the Knicks are such a joke
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
They're... actually kinda on point, not much crying about the game either, more so annoyed with their own team... kudos Dallas fans

Agreed. These particular fans seem far less delusional/insane than some of our other opponents' fans lol.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject:

But we are soft?

And small ball rules?

Lmao they appreciate the Lakers more than lg
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject:

Good read.

Our bigs are so dominant at times it’s hard to tell if a team is soft inside. They pretty much do this to everyone regardless.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Didn't think I could hate a Lakers team more than Kobe/Shaq team but LeBron/Howard is topping it.

Kudos.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

I'm surprised they didn't cover Lebron and Carlisle trash talking each other

Lebron still hates Rick it seems

Awesome read Dr. Laker
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: QFTOS: Mavs Edition 1-10-2020

There were some great ones in there....

Dr. Laker wrote:

Quote:

LOL, who was this posted by? Mark Cuban?

Dr. Laker wrote:

Quote:
Right if it wasn’t against the Mavs I’d be enjoying the (bleep) out of watching Howard bully others down low jamming.

Good honest Mavs fan...

Dr. Laker wrote:

Quote:
This team spends too much time crying when (bleep) gets physical instead of just playing physical right back

I noticed this too, seems like they emulate their coach!

Dr. Laker wrote:

Quote:
It’s a 20 year old Michael with a bunch of Tito’s.

TOO FUNNY...!

Dr. Laker wrote:

Quote:
Mavs getting overpowered by Jared (bleep) Dudley. Shoot me in the head please

Dudley was great out there tonight and should get MORE minutes!
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject:

These were so enjoyable to read. Thanks OP. My classics:

? Yeah I said our wing defenders are lazy as well. But McGee and Howard can hang with guards on defense because they're extremely agile for their size. Part of why the Lakers are so good defensively is they have three guys with incredible length, athleticism, and size and they don't stop coming with them.

"Extremely agile for their size, can hang with guards, incredible length," AND they're not even talking about the best of the bunch (Davis)noice, noice, noice!

Full LG-style snark battle!
Quote:
Howard and McGee occupy the paint, LOTS of it. They don't have to go anywhere. All they have to do is sway from side to side and swat at our mosquitos if they even think of doing a drive by.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Good read.

Our bigs are so dominant at times it’s hard to tell if a team is soft inside. They pretty much do this to everyone regardless.

So true. Our dominance in the paint has been the most consistent theme this season. Props to our bigs.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Good read.

Which makes Stephen A Smith's quote that much more ridiculous. We are by FAR the most physical team in the league and it's really not even close.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Thanks OP
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Good read.

Which makes Stephen A Smith's quote that much more ridiculous. We are by FAR the most physical team in the league and it's really not even close.

Think about it. I believe he asserted that "most" or "lots" of teams think we're soft. We have the 2nd best record in the entire league, how many "mosts" or "lots" of teams can there really be?
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Good one thanks. Sports fans in their "nuttiness" could be so entertaining.

Mavs fans should be very happy to have drafted a gem. 20 years old!!
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Love it
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: