What happened to Kuz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

Kuz played himself. He should've tried to get to Pelicans. There just isn't a lot of room for growth for him on thid current team and he's not that young compared to others from his draft class.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Some of Kuzma's numbers are down right scary bad.

BPM Kuzma -5.4 vs -1.7 last year
O rating Kuzma 97 vs 106 last year

He is not doing what we were hoping, and my observation is that he is not comfortable being a 3nD forward off the bench, and that is what we need, It may take him an entire year until he gets consistent in this role.

The closer he gets to being extension eligible, the more perilous his Lakers tenure will be.

Remember, only Jordan Clarkson out of our nearly dozen plus YUTES got an extension. That's it.

Gotta save money for those Buss family vacations
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

What happened to Kuzma? Some Laker fans convinced themselves that he would be an all star and a 6th MOY candidate. He is what he has always been, only some fans are just now realizing that.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
He may be a hard worker, but honestly, that doesn't weight much with me since everybody is a hard worker. Everybody I hear is the first in, and last out. It's becoming cliche.

Doesn’t have to weight much with you, I’m cool with that. I’m generally more of a process over results person, but, if you said you didn’t care if a player worked hard, I don’t see an issue with it.

But the OP said his assessment was that Kuz doesn’t work hard. And that simply isn’t true, and according to people with direct access to the Lakers, he is not only hard working but the hardest working.

Therefore, the assessment that Kuz doesn’t work very hard is incorrect. Now maybe he works hard but just isn’t any good. Or maybe he is hurt. But that is neither here nor there.

Working hard with zero results is fools gold and a worthless sentinment, if not a copout. I can say I work hard to be as rich as Bill Gates, but guess what...

You really struggle with thinking in a straight line. Seriously.

Life is too dynamic for linear analysis. It is what lurks within the shadowy perimeters of our consciousness that is worthy of consideration.

Your assessment that Kuzma doesn’t work hard, is incorrect. You do acknowledge this right?

If you do not, then, do you acknowledge your assessment contradicts those made by people with direct and regular access to all the Lakers?
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
troy wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
He may be a hard worker, but honestly, that doesn't weight much with me since everybody is a hard worker. Everybody I hear is the first in, and last out. It's becoming cliche.

Doesn’t have to weight much with you, I’m cool with that. I’m generally more of a process over results person, but, if you said you didn’t care if a player worked hard, I don’t see an issue with it.

But the OP said his assessment was that Kuz doesn’t work hard. And that simply isn’t true, and according to people with direct access to the Lakers, he is not only hard working but the hardest working.

Therefore, the assessment that Kuz doesn’t work very hard is incorrect. Now maybe he works hard but just isn’t any good. Or maybe he is hurt. But that is neither here nor there.

Working hard with zero results is fools gold and a worthless sentinment, if not a copout. I can say I work hard to be as rich as Bill Gates, but guess what...

Life is too dynamic for linear analysis. It is what lurks within the shadowy perimeters of our consciousness that is worthy of consideration.

Your assessment that Kuzma doesn’t work hard, is incorrect. You do acknowledge this right?

If you do not, then, do you acknowledge your assessment contradicts those made by people with direct and regular access to all the Lakers?

My Bill Gates analogy was sufficient. Hard work with no positive results equals a waste of time. If this was a middle school team, then yes, I'd give Kuz a blue ribbon for his so called hard work in the gym, as you seem to believe is so relevent. However, this is the NBA, where athletes at their top form are given millions of dollars in exchange to do things on the court most people in the world cannot.

It doesn't matter if Kuz is reported as being a hard worker by you, his team mates, himself, or whoever, if his game is not, and has not, improved enough to impact the overall success of this current Lakers team. Your chasing this as a contention is an empty effort, much like Sarah Palin's Bridge to Nowhere.

Kuzman has to get better, or he'll find himself playing in China in a few years. That's just the harsh reality of playing on a high stakes big market team like the LA Lakers.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

Kuzma will be fine....once he heals...im not worried about him.
NBAFAN24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject:

The hype for him was out of control. I even read something on another forum about him being good enough to be the second scoring option behind AD, that’s just downright absurd. Someone gave him the wrong advice and gassed him up a bit to the point that he started believing his own hype and with that shoe deal of his, you just know he think he’s a superstar.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

NBAFAN24 wrote:
The hype for him was out of control. I even read something on another forum about him being good enough to be the second scoring option behind AD, that’s just downright absurd. Someone gave him the wrong advice and gassed him up a bit to the point that he started believing his own hype and with that shoe deal of his, you just know he think he’s a superstar.

Yes, like the Lonzo hype. "don't break all my records" - Magic Johnson. What a joke that draft was. Lakers passed up some real talent.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

kuz will be alright
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

I think I'll wait at least two months before shoveling dirt on him.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
I think I'll wait at least two months before shoveling dirt on him.

Unless a great deal comes around, I don't want him traded, but it sure doesn't take 2 months to see what his role is on this team.

Don't expect more than 25 or so minutes from Kuzma with a lot 15 minute games mixed in. Unfortunately for big-time Kuzma fans, this will be his role on this team, ad presently constructed.

Not necessaily you, but anyone expecting him to average 15 a game on this team is delusional.

It doesn't take two months to see that he's a 20 minute a night double digit scorer off the bench. That's what he is on this roster until he can withstand being targeted on defense.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
troy wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

My Bill Gates analogy was sufficient. Hard work with no positive results equals a waste of time. If this was a middle school team, then yes, I'd give Kuz a blue ribbon for his so called hard work in the gym, as you seem to believe is so relevent. However, this is the NBA, where athletes at their top form are given millions of dollars in exchange to do things on the court most people in the world cannot.

It doesn't matter if Kuz is reported as being a hard worker by you, his team mates, himself, or whoever, if his game is not, and has not, improved enough to impact the overall success of this current Lakers team. Your chasing this as a contention is an empty effort, much like Sarah Palin's Bridge to Nowhere.

Kuzman has to get better, or he'll find himself playing in China in a few years. That's just the harsh reality of playing on a high stakes big market team like the LA Lakers.

Whether his hard work produces results is irrelevant to your original point. You didn’t say anything about results. You said your assessment was that he does not work hard.

That isn’t true. He does work hard. It’s not coming from a teammate or anyone on the Lakers staff. Lazy effort for someone who criticizes others’ work ethic.

Now if you said his hairdo is why he isn’t seeing results, I don’t agree but different thing. But you connected dots that are not there and continue to persist. Is it pride? Certainly not common sense. You can work hard and not see results.

Would you like me to post quote this whole thing so maybe it’ll get clearer for ya?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

To avoid the quote trees, let me reset on the Kuz working hard thing.

troy wrote:
Kuzma comes out with his feminine hairdos every other game, which certainly requires quite a bit of time and effort to look nice and sparkling. This makes me question his dedication to the work ethic and gym time required to being great, versus spending hours in the beauty salon.

(NOTE: Nothing about results. Questioning dedication, work ethic, etc)

Now go listen to the LFR podcast with Aaron Larsuel who travels with the team on a regular basis. Since hard work seems to be confusing, I did the work for you. It’s Episode 50, at about the 23:15 mark.

Quote:
Kuz is probably the hardest worker on the team

You were wrong about your assessment.

Now if you want to accept that and then change it to results, hey, go for it.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
troy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
troy wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Whether his hard work produces results is irrelevant to your original point. You didn’t say anything about results. You said your assessment was that he does not work hard.

That isn’t true. He does work hard. It’s not coming from a teammate or anyone on the Lakers staff. Lazy effort for someone who criticizes others’ work ethic.

Now if you said his hairdo is why he isn’t seeing results, I don’t agree but different thing. But you connected dots that are not there and continue to persist. Is it pride? Certainly not common sense. You can work hard and not see results.

Would you like me to post quote this whole thing so maybe it’ll get clearer for ya?

My goodness. We're talking subjective conjecture here. That's first year law/debate classes stuff. Look. Mr. Kuzma doesn't work hard enough for me and I base this opinion on his end result and his lack of a spartan dedication to the craft of professional basketball.

The closest examples I can think of of what I mean by spartan dedication would be represented by the mannerims of Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan. Both entered the court with a 100% mindset to destroy their opponent; not to look stylish, not to be jovial, not to play games. But to win, and ruthlessly so. By virtual of the fact that Kuzma's performance results haven't improved this year, and that he adorns these feminine hairdoes while on the court, I have concluded that he is not exhibiting that spartan sort of approach, whle being germane to the more accomplished/elite players, should be incorporated by the up-and-coming players with significant roles on Finals calibur teams.

So, regardless of how much we can play with semantics, the bottom line is that Kuzma, when considering his "work ethic" presents like a rodent in a hamster wheel, with stylized and sparkly hair to boot

Last edited by troy on Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
NBAFAN24 wrote:

Yes, like the Lonzo hype. "don't break all my records" - Magic Johnson. What a joke that draft was. Lakers passed up some real talent.

Especially after Ball tanked a workout with the Lakers. Magic wanted him so badly that he arranged a private workout with no scouts involved. I personally wanted Tatum but there were other good choices.
outkast100
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

I'm torn on Kuz

1--
I really like his attitude and gun slinger approach. He can light it up when he has confidence. He had that during team usa and also last year. I'm not sure what happened to it. Must be a combo of injuries and adapting to the new role of 3rd or 4th banana. as others have pointed out it took bosh and love time and they are more mature and confident players. Kuz deep down is a guy that never was considered a top talent and when he faulters his confidence follows. If he doesn't start becoming an instant offense guy like sweet lue it will be hard for him to get minutes.

2--
He's not a good fit with ad and bron as he can't cover 3's. He gets picked on big time. There is an argument to be made that we should trade him for beal.
if we are in win now time, you can argue that we are a better team with beal vs kuz. A better fit and a more mature and confident player. I would make that trade if Kuz doesn't break out by new years day.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Think the kings will go for filler + kuzma + tht/norvell and picks for bogdanovich?

Quinn Cook/Kostas/THT/Kuzma/2nd round pick for bogdanovic would work financially.

Last edited by nickuku on Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
NBAFAN24 wrote:

Especially after Ball tanked a workout with the Lakers. Magic wanted him so badly that he arranged a private workout with no scouts involved. I personally wanted Tatum but there were other good choices.

Magic was an idiot to hype this kid up and then they trade his ass....what a fail. Yes, Tatum would have been awesome. How about Mitchell? Even Josh Jackson is better. Fox is better too.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
NBAFAN24 wrote:

Magic was an idiot to hype this kid up and then they trade his ass....what a fail. Yes, Tatum would have been awesome. How about Mitchell? Even Josh Jackson is better. Fox is better too.

.....Josh Jackson? You are crazy. He is a homeless man's Andrew Wiggins who happens to get his child high from second hand smoking weed.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

He is not doing what we were hoping, and my observation is that he is not comfortable being a 3nD forward off the bench, and that is what we need, It may take him an entire year until he gets consistent in this role.

The closer he gets to being extension eligible, the more perilous his Lakers tenure will be.

Remember, only Jordan Clarkson out of our nearly dozen plus YUTES got an extension. That's it.

Where do you expect things to go with Kuzma and asset management if he doesn't improve enough to fit/belong in their long term plans?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Where do you expect things to go with Kuzma and asset management if he doesn't improve enough to fit/belong in their long term plans?

Fit wouldn't be as big an issue if AD wanted to play 5. Then Kuz could get more minutes with starters rather than with Rondo and the gang. Having both Kuz/Rondo on the floor together is just sabotage defensively.

Considering Kuz is outplaying his contract I don't see the Lakers trading him unless its for another young piece near his ceiling, preferably a wing. Moving a guy who is outplaying his contract would be bad asset management.

Still don't understand why Pelinka didn't even try to go after THJ.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject:

He needs to be more aggressive and play in the post more. During the first several games, he's been very passive and only shooting 2-5 times during the first 3 quarters. That needs to change.
Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

He struggled a game, played great in some games. Seems people are so quick to judge him, trying to figure out if he is that "third star."

It's kind of ridiculous, imho.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:
He struggled a game, played great in some games. Seems people are so quick to judge him, trying to figure out if he is that "third star."

It's kind of ridiculous, imho.

welcome to kcp's life. people are just WAITING for him to have a bad game so they can just pile on again.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject:

I think Kyle went back to a basic fade. I think he's reading up on hair analytics at LG.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10
Jump to: